Alarm.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 212 of over 212 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR person in which they asked some basic questions to gauge my interest and experience. I had an opportunity to ask any questions I had about the company, the role, or the interview process. A few days later I was invited back for a second phone interview with someone from the team on which I was applying to work. That interview was a bit more in depth about my experiences, and the interviewer asked me a lot of specific questions about items on my resume as well as why I wanted to work for Alarm.com and in the Product Management role in particular. Again, I had the opportunity to ask a number of questions of my own to get a better understanding of the role and the company culture.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Alarm.com and in this particular role?
    Answer Question
  • Questions on specific experiences from my resume.

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

was given a hackerrank and given three problems that had to be done in an hour and a half. if you don’t pass every single one they will not send you an offer.

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

The process itself was straight forward. They had me create a 10 minute presentation on a given prompt. As other people have mentioned with similar positions, I was ghosted by HR. I was told I would hear by the end of the week regardless of the outcome and never heard from them again. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Alarm.com (McLean, VA) in May 2021

Interview

A former colleague passed along my resume. I had an initial phone call with the hiring manager, followed by an interview with the function director. Management was open about the challenges of the company and highlighted the opportunities.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in your next position?

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Questions were difficult but manageable. The initial recruiter did seem to be in a bit of a rush when interviewing me. All the coding questions were around leet code mediums.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Not too bad, an initial 3 question hackerrank OA, then a quick phone screen, then a final technical video interview. OA was straightforward, phone screen was all behavorial, and the technical was 1 whiteboarding question, resume review, and some generic programming concepts questions

Interview Questions
  • Stack manipulation, find minimum number of swaps to sort array, array searching

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Alarm.com in Apr 2021

Interview

1st Interview: I got a call from a recruiter for a screening. The screening consisted of typical behavioral questions Online Assessment (Algorithm Questions) Onsite: 4 rounds (Algorithm Question, Debugging, System Design, and General CS Knowledge )

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm Question, Debugging, System Design, and General CS Knowledge

Alarm.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alarm.com in Apr 2021

Interview

No response is a response. An Alarm.com recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn to set up a time to discuss the position that they thought I would be a good fit for. I had a phone interview with the recruiter that went well and was asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next round included video interviews with 5 team members, including the hiring manager. The interview lasted almost 3 hours due to the amount of team members I was interviewing with. I sent my thank you emails and followed up with the recruiter asking for updates about the process. It's been two weeks since the video interview and I still have not heard anything from the recruiter. I also noticed the position had been reposted on LinkedIn. I think it's unprofessional and disrespectful to have a candidate put so much time and effort into an interview process and then just ghost them. Are candidates not worth any response? How disappointing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Phone screen and then 2 calls with product managers. No technical interview questions and we went through my resume with some behavioural on both calls with PMs. HR was very nice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

Four people from Alarm.com interviewed me virtually. They were very kind, but it seemed like they were also just figuring out how to conduct interviews virtually. They asked hypothetical questions about how I might respond to a given situation, and then they asked me a brain teaser. The one downside was this: the company ghosted me after the interview. Even after I emailed the recruiter asking about a status on my interview, I received nothing.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about a time when you and a team failed, and how did you overcome it?
3 people found this interview helpful