Alarm.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alarm.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

After applying online, it was a few weeks before I received a Hackerrank. There were 3 easy level questions where you have plenty of time to solve them (90 mins). After the Hackerrank you get a shor HR phone screening. The interviewer on the phone seemed to be in a rush/ didn't seem to have time for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given the constraints of each area's phone number, tell which area a phone number is coming from.   2 Answers
    • Arrange Coins question. LC #441   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Got a hackerrank coding test which consisted of mostly algorithms when I was applying to a mainly embedded position. Initially was told they were move me to the next stage in the interview process but I never heard back. I emailed them again and got an official denial.

Device Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in March 2020.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, initially set up short phone call (~15 minutes). Did a hackerrank challenge, after that, scheduled a phone interview with the manager (~1 hour). Was told I would hear back from them very soon, and I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithms, questions about hardware and software from a high level. Nothing too specific at the stage I got to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Denver, CO) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone call with a recruiter, did three hackerrank challenges, and then was offered to fly out to their Denver, CO office. Overall the process took two weeks and the recruiter was very responsive in timing. The on-site interviews were 4 45-min interviews, with lunch in between. Each interview was a mix of behavioral and technical, containing white boarding questions, coding on a laptop, OO questions, or general technical coding questions.

Overall the process was very smooth, and every single question they asked was fair with my knowledge of the Software Engineering field. Everyone I talked to was very knowledgeable in their field and super nice.

Interview Questions

• An interviewer had me clone a repo he made, and fix three front-end/back-end bugs in front of him. It was more of a collaboration interview rather than just coding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

HackerRank, phone screen, questions then I went to the store and was like what the even heck lets go to the beach beach lets go get away word minimum why

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a phone screen and then a mix of technical and get to know you questions split into multiple interviews on another day. Just depends on who you talk to during the day. Someone might seem into the interview and someone might seem like they just want to get out.

Interview Questions

• Coding problems, technical questions, and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Technical Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com in January 2020.

Interview

There was a phone interview first where they asked behavioral questions which was very easy and they immediately scheduled for an In-person Interview for next week. It was in Bloomington MN. There were 3 Interviewers in the Panel and they were very friendly. They asked similar behavioral questions and then they asked a few troubleshooting questions with some sample calls. They also gave me an Ipad and was asked to resolve an issue with the help of their knowledge base. Finally there was a logical puzzle which I had to solve. The Interview lasted about an hour. It was an easy Interview but I'm not sure who they are exactly looking for. After 2 weeks I received an email that they ended up moving forward with another Candidate.

Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview 1.5 months after I submitted my application.

The phone screen consisted of logistical and behavioral questions. The Interviewer started to rush the interview towards the end. The interviewer informed me that I would hear back within a week. The phone screen ended in 15 minutes.

I got a rejection email 5 days after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Willing to relocate? authorized to work in US?
      What do you know about the company?
      Why did you choose this position?
      What is something you learned recently from job/school?
      Tell me about one of your most recent projects.
      Any questions for the interviewer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Centennial, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a simple phone screening, then over one visit to their office several in person interviews. I interviewed with 5 people that day. It was a lot. At the end of the day I was exhausted. They took me out to lunch for a lunch interview, which was great! The company's culture is awesome, so it is easy to feel relaxed with them. The interviews were moderately challenging. Overall, I would recommend interviewing and working at Alarm.com!

, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in December 2019.

Interview

The phone screen was mostly behavioural questions, they wanted to know a bit about my background etc. They took 3 weeks to get a recruiter to contact me despite being introduced to one by a senior employee. I had to try to get their attention again and they had a different recruiter reach out.