Cover image for Alarm.com

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Alarm.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 266 of over 266 interviews

Campus Recruiting23%
Employee Referral9%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alarm.com (McLean, VA) in Oct 2022

Interview

I just had a phone screening by which the recruiter had not very long conversation. Mainly how much do I earn, what tools I know. He also did not give much of details about company.

Interview Questions
  • How much do you currently earn? Work authorization status.
    Answer Question

Alarm.com

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alarm.com in Oct 2022

Interview

Phone screen with HR for 30 minutes to go over resume and how the role suits experience. Microsoft Teams virtual interview with 2 Team Leads for over an hour. Very casual, mix of standard interview questions with interesting ones. 1 brain teaser question and was asked to tell a joke at the end. After the interview, there was an activity to assess your comprehension/research skills as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

448.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Alarm.com~268820
Join the conversation on

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Straightforward and streamlined. The recruiter interview is the first stage, which is followed by a screening with the Deputy GC. The final stage is individual interviews with each member of the legal team.

Interview Questions
  • General questions were asked about in-house experience listed on resume to gauge competency and expertise. Most questions related to evaluating "fit."

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Very professional, on time, and many people to talk. The process takes about 2 to 3 weeks, no case study. you are going to talk to your teammates and people you are going to interact with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Standard questions about who you are and why IT is something you want to do. Also previous experience in fields you’ve worked in, how long, and why you left or why you’re looking for new opportunities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Had to go through a coding interview and behavioral interview all in one round. The time for either portion was split evenly. The coding interview portion was rather Leetcode-like and had to only solve a single coding question

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a moment in which you faced difficulty in a group work setting and how did you resolve/approach the situation

Alarm.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Overall I found the interview process frustrating. Not necessarily the interviews themselves but more my interactions with HR, I discuss this more at the end. First round was a simple HR screen that was fairly straightforward. It was basically telling me more about the position and Alarm.com in general. The second round was with a Lead Product Manager who was really nice. This was a fairly standard behavioral interview where we went more in depth on my resume and experiences. After the second round I had heard from HR that I was moved to the final round. I submitted my availability for interviewing and then didn’t hear back. I sent a follow-up in which I got an immediate response saying they dropped the ball scheduling my final round. Kind of strange and not a huge deal, but indicative of how unorganized HR is at Alarm (more to come). The final round consisted of 3 interviews one after another. One was with a Senior Director of Product Management where I was asked brain teaser questions. The best way to prepare for this interview is to google common brain teaser questions and be sure to discuss your thought process. Many tech companies do not use brain teasers for interviews anymore because they are a poor indicator for performance and I think Alarm.com is definitely stuck in the past using this practice. On the first brain teaser, I explained my thought process and was able to work out the correct solution fairly quickly. Without showing any emotion he asked me “How confident are you in your answer?” Which admittedly threw me off a little and I double checked my work before confirming I found the right solution. While I think he wanted to see how I handled pressure with this question, I think it takes a certain type of person to enjoy asking outdated brain teaser questions and watch eager applicants squirm after they successfully work out the correct solution. The other two interviews in the final round were more straightforward, one was with a more technical QA engineer trying to get an understanding of my technical background. The other was with a group of 3 product managers who were trying to get a better understanding of my personality. When I finished the final round, 4 days later I received an email from HR asking to clarify the total compensation I was looking for from Alarm.com. This led me to believe they were drafting an offer letter and I was excited to join the company (despite my woes during this process). However the next day I received a generic rejection email and when I asked for feedback I did not receive any. I think it is unprofessional after a month of interviewing to reach out to an applicant to clarify the compensation they want, if you did not want them to join the company in the first place. I think it ultimately shows how little Alarm.com cares about their candidates. If you decide to apply and interview with Alarm, keep this experience in mind.

Interview Questions
  • These were the brain teaser questions: If you have a 10x10x10 block made up of 1x1x1 blocks, how many of the 1x1x1 blocks are on the outside? If you have a stack of pennies as tall as the Empire State Building, could all of the pennies fit in your room? If you have a race that is 2 miles long, and a car travels 30mph for the first mile, how fast does this car need to go over the second mile in order to average 60mph over the whole race?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (New York, NY) in Sep 2022

Interview

very smooth, but long, it took 3 weeks, multiple rounds with different people, even lower on the hierarchy. some of them even recent graduates. but overall respectful. No test or case study

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

Interview process was quick but I got ghosted after the final interview. I felt lied to about many aspects of the job. It is fine to change your mind about the position but it is not ok to ghost candidates. Just be honest!

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Alarm.com

Application

I interviewed at Alarm.com

Interview

recruiter phone screening discussed experience within sales & marketing departments. Asked about willingness to work on-site. Explained to me what the steps & people involved in the rest of the interview process would be

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 266 Interviews

Alarm.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Alarm.com as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.96 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Quality Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Technical Support Associate and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Alarm.com takes an average of 27 days when considering 310 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Device Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Alarm.com according to 310 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.55%

Work at Alarm.com? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Alarm.com Careers

Cover image for Alarm.com

Our technology powers the connected home and business. WE INVENT AND INNOVATE Our platform and solutions are at the center of four...More

• About Us
  • Our Values
  • Our Employees

Company Updates

559 days ago

Employee Story
As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device Engineering team stay aligned with company objectives and makes sure his team members have access to the resources they need to be successful. Albert enjoys the genuine camaraderie on his team, saying, “It’s incredibly cool to see teammates step up and provide an assist that can go a long way to making someone else’s day. I appreciate everyone’s willingness to help each other out.” Alarm.com gives Albert and his team the chance to regularly try new things. According to Albert, “The work that our engineering team tackles, naturally involves some level of experimentation—much of what we do hasn’t been done before—so trying out new ideas is just part of our process!” Want to join Albert at Alarm.com? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device
www.linkedin.com

559 days ago

Employee Story
"Alarm.com is a place where you can grow professionally and personally; I have never had that before,” says Alexander Rasmussen, Support Operations team lead at Alarm.com. Alex manages nine Support Operation Associates, and his team is responsible for getting critical tools and resources in the hands of Alarm.com employees. In addition to his day-to-day operational duties, Alex also assists in the new hire onboarding process, which is one of his favorite responsibilities. Alex recently celebrated his two-year anniversary at Alarm.com, and he says, “I have found a home at Alarm.com. It’s a place where I can use my strengths to the max and where I get all the support I need to work on new opportunities.” Want to work with Alex? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
www.linkedin.com

Alarm.com Photos

+ Add Photo
Alarm.com photo of: Interns doing their presentations at our 2019 Intern Demo.
Alarm.com photo of: Say hello to our team of engineers at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com engineers showcasing their creativity at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo! 🤖
Alarm.com photo of: Celebrating all our Women in Tech at Alarm.com for Women In Tech Week 2019.
Alarm.com photo of: Nothing shows your employees more love than some cookies. 🍪😋
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com 2019 Olympics!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com staff at Round Up 2019!

Expert Career Advice