Alarm.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alarm.com

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks. The onsite one has 4 1:1 and 2:1 interviews plus one test and 1 lunch interview. Almost exhausted when the last one started.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a String.
      Why did you applied.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I first got the phone interview which lasted about 30 mins with online code writing. About one week later, HR mailed me about availability for onsite interview. There were four round 1:1 interviews with the leads of various software engineering teams, a lunch interview and a 30 mins written test. Most of the interview questions were behavior and system design questions like what will you do for alarm.com if you have 100 million dollars, only one involved coding. All the interviewers are friendly except one who showed no interest in me at all.

After talking with some of the employees, my feeling about alarm.com is that the organization is not so good. People only know what they are doing but don't know what others are doing even they are in the same team. No communication across departments. The main language is C# in the company, which I don't quite like.

Interview Questions

• What will you do for alarm.com if you have 100 million dollars. In the written test, read the code and explain or improve (bubble sorting, count occurrences for each number in a given set), simple brainteaser, write code to implement for binary tree BFS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

First round: campus interview, talked about background and had a very easy coding problem. The interviewers were really nice and friendly.

On site: 4 rounds + 1 writing test. Only 1 round involved coding, others were behavior and system design questions. It felt that the company really wanted to dig your thoughts, but without giving feedback. One of the interviewers kept asking questions like: "Why should we hire you but not others, as we can find better candidates? " Well, I admit that I'm not Einstein and there are programmers better than me out there. After I politely answered his question by discussing my advantages, he commented: "I got what I need, at least you are honest." Thanks for the "compliment"

Well, as one of my friends told me, this company had its special interview process, so be prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

I was referred by some one and I got two phone screening, but I didn't pass the second one although I answered all the questions. I guess it was due to my long distance from the location of the company.

Interview Questions

• The two interviews that I had was not at all hard. It only included basic knowledge of OOP with C#.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Communications were prompt and very helpful. There was a phone screen, and then within a week, there was a full day on-site interview that involved a series of one on one interviews with the leads of various software engineering teams. Organization of visit for on-site interviews was impeccable, and most of the interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard software engineering interview question about different graph traversals, and required writing out explicit pseudo-code for each one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

There are 4-5 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I briefly introduced myself at the University Career Fair and was immediately set up with an interview for the next day. The interview lasted about half an hour. After a few weeks I was called back to follow the next steps. The next step involved taking an online coding test. About a week later, I was told that an offer would be made and sent my way in the coming days.

Interview Questions

• Why does Java only allow single inheritance?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

One day after the school career fair, they hold a interview in the school to know more the us face to face such as talking about the project they are interested in or they thinks relevant to the jobs. Also, they provides some sample hardware to show you what are they working on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with some company representatives at a career fair and was interviewed the following day. I was then notified with a decision a couple days after that. Over all it was a very efficient and pleasant process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and well structured. Claire did a wonderful job of guiding the entire process.

The process began with an online assessment. The questions tested understanding of data structures, algorithms, and I/O.

After the online assessment was a follow up phone interview which consisted of more design centered questions and logic problems which were fun to take a stab at.

Following the phone interview were on-site interviews, which consisted of 4 separate interviews. Data structures were a big point, as I would expect of any interview. Algorithmic logic problems were also a fun thing to tackle. One thing that really differentiated these interviews from others I've done was not only the test of essential skills, but also the open-ended conversation about technology. Every interviewer was excited about their work and mine. It was very refreshing to see some genuine passion in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• My favorite question was centered around Markov Chains and how to incorporate those into data structure(s) in order to predict the probability of a particular word appearing next.   Answer Question