AppleOne Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company to work for , nothing to complain" (in 26 reviews)

• "APPLE One continues to dedicate there time to find the right company that is a perfect fit" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Either the positions are contracted or temp to hire" (in 17 reviews)

• "I have nothing but good things to say about Apple One" (in 24 reviews)

"Great Company. Placed me at good job within a few days."

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Fast job placement. High Pay. Good selection.

Cons

None that I can think of. They were a good doorway into a high paying career that I wanted. Eventually you can get hired onto the company directly in order to qualify for greater salary and benefits.

2. "Contractor - Data Entry"

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Awesome atmosphere. They found me a job very quickly.

Cons

It took some time to get setup in the system to submit timesheets.

3. "Dedication"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ventura, CA

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

APPLE One continues to dedicate there time to find the right company that is a perfect fit.

Cons

When the temporary contract ends early.

4. "Opperations Coordinator"

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Pros-If you are open to it, you have an amazing opportunity to learn some great foundation building concepts to build an up and coming carrier on. Best practices to build upon and prefect. Not only in the business world, but about people in general.

Cons

Cons- What ever position you accept, it will be all consuming. You will be checking your emails at home, when your out with your family. You find yourself, if your not careful, doing more than is your responsibility or more than you should because you can. You might be spoken down to if you messed up someone's $$ because of payroll.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management- It would be nice if each Cost Center were to pitch in so that One day a year, the IT department could have a nice catered lunch & then on another day the Payroll Department could have a nice catered lunch. If the IT and the Payroll staff weren't on top of their game and always so pleasant to speak with. I don't know what I would have done.

5. "Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AppleOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy and ability to build one’s own small business. A lot of responsibility given to eachemployee

Cons

The expectations are very high and the made pay is quite low. While there are commissions, one has to really work hard to make the income level rise up enough to make a living

Advice to Management

Value the employee’s individual performance by giving a higher base pay and lower commissions. This helps incentivize work and reduce burnout

6. "Meh"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provided me the opportunity to learn recruiting/staffing, was able to "move up" pretty quickly.

Cons

Open office plan for everyone, even management so you were always accessible to the rest of the team (so your day/tasks constantly were interrupted). Technology is outdated, per diem rate is low, commission structure changed for management so you don't get commission on what you actually close, low base salary, benefits are costly, each branch has to create their own culture, so it's not consistent branch to branch.

7. "Good for entry level, but ultimately low pay - Operations Coordinator to Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fremont, CA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good entry level (staffing associate or operation's coordinator) positions
      - fast track to career advancement (3-6 months training)
     - good training
     - good team (dependent on branch)
     - able to start in operations coordinator (front desk), promote in 3 months to staffing associate then promote in another 5 months to staffing consultant. promoted to account executive in about 8 months from there. rapid promotion path, but pay is not worth once you've trained/learned it all.
     - my team was the only thing keeping me there so long and direct manager was great, VP was a nightmare though (See below).

Cons

- micro manager (on VP level). the bay area VP is a nightmare with random projects being thrown up.
     - low salary and commission does not make up for it. Direct Hire commissions were slashed beginning of 2017 too.

Advice to Management

you provide good tools for employees to succeed but don't give them room to practice and and improve/learn on their own.
    increase pay - look at the regional variance, use our own SCALE guide to figure out what is market rate to keep good employees. current model is churn and burn through strong employees.

8. "Completely unprofessional"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at AppleOne part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent but not much else to say

Cons

Part time is not part-time, 4 and 5 days a week is not part-time. Flexibility is mandatory with any job but when I get my schedule the Friday before it starts and with no time to request shift changes it's hard to be flexible, especially when I have a nonverbal autistic 17 yr old that demands a set schedule. Also, why is there an employee that was told by two on-site supervisors not to come back because of multiple no call no shows and performance mistakes but Appleone told them to let her come back? How does that work?

Advice to Management

Get better off-site supervisors. The morale at the job site sucks!

"Great company - managed poorly"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The owners built a company with strong core values the most of the company adhered too.

Cons

The region is run by a corrupt person whose modus operandi was to pit team mates against one another.

"Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at AppleOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got experience in recruiting and cold calling.

Cons

Told me I wouldn’t be cold calling but it is cold calling and pyramid scheme for bonuses.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the job, pay more