Auth0 Reviews

Auth0 CEO Eugenio Pace
Eugenio Pace

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 13, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good CEO, Good Culture, Great Industry

Cons

Okta Acquisition may impact outlook

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company, concerns about merging

Apr 6, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Auth0 has an amazing culture with a great product. The support you receive as you grow is hugely beneficial to long term goals.

Cons

From a financial perspective I see why the merge with Okta is so beneficial. I saw a bit of a culture clash at the two companies which ended up making my decision to move on easier.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

What coulda been...

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Although many good folks are leaving (since the merger with Okta), there are still a lot of good folks left who uphold and are trying hard to work according to Auth0's values.

Cons

Since the merger, it is painfully clear that although Todd (the Okta CEO) highly values and respects Auth0's history, accomplishments and approach - his LT and the systems within Okta do not reward the behaviors required to integrate the best of Auth0's people, processes, and culture (behaviors such as humility, strategic thinking, listening, growth mindset). Unfortunately, Okta has moved quickly to take over the controls of the Auth0 rocketship while doing everything from nudging to full on shoving those who know it and love it to the side. I wanted to believe it would be "different from normal acquisitions," as was declared at the onset. I'm truly sad to say that although I believe Auth0's leadership wanted this to be true, it is not. For those who feel connected to Auth0's mission and values, it's time to appreciate what was and go find (or help build) it somewhere else. p.s. I have no doubt Okta will continue to make millions for stockholders. If you're at a point in your life or career that you're willing to suck it up (in terms of soul, values, smooth operations and integrity of decision-making) to "succeed" in $$ and market share, it could be the place for you.

5 people found this review helpful

Auth0 Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm saddened to hear that this transition left you disappointed. As you mentioned, Todd and I are committed to combining the best of both Okta and Auth0. It is not an easy task to merge 2 large high-growth organizations. It is an intrinsically challenging project, not to mention the added complexity of being still in the middle of a global pandemic, being all remote, etc. Please don't take these as excuses, just an explanation. It takes work from not just Todd and me but many people across both businesses; many of whom are also rather new to either company and have not yet been fully on-boarded. Despite best efforts and best intentions, there will undoubtedly be situations where we can collectively do better. On each of these situations that have occurred and we've identified, we have reflected and moved forward with a growth mindset. A mindset that is embedded in *both* companies core values ("Never Stop Innovating" and "N+1>N"). Values that *both* companies hold dear, cherish and intend to live up to. We do mean what we say. I'm very optimistic about what the future holds for Auth0 and Okta, because there's an enormous business opportunity; and because there's a very strong willingness and desire to build something meaningful, memorable, and impactful. You clearly have given a shit about Auth0, and you still do. Your passion and care are patently present in this comment. For that, I wanted to thank you and wish you nothing but the very best. Even if we completely fail to realize our opportunity in merging Auth0 + Okta, having people like you spreading the authenticity and goodness that you've seen in your time here is in itself a success. I hope we have proven that "having soul", and "kindness" are not incompatible with "good business". And the world can always use more of that. Eugenio

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Mar 14, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits as a whole

Cons

Acquired by Okta- no longer a "start-up"

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Feb 28, 2022 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exec team is a great bunch

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best company I’ve ever worked for

Jan 31, 2022 - Senior Regional Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is incredible, company culture is unlike any other in the best way, and there is such amazing work life balance.

Cons

I honestly haven’t come across one yet

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work

Jan 4, 2022 - Account Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun, open and a great place to be at to grow & learn. Theres a lot of focus on learning and in depth knowledge on the product- which only makes you a better seller.

Cons

There's a certain amount of figure it out yourself attitude- which IMHO is also fine. overall, not much that really sticks out. the base pay could be better.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cool Company

Jan 31, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. C-Level Execs were great

Cons

The company grew really fast without developing processes quickly enough.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It was fun while it lasted

Dec 1, 2021 - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Auth0 has been the best 3.5 years of my career. Was awesome being a part of a rocketship and feeling a part of something special. Despite what Okta leadership has said about "this acquisition will be different," it's obvious that it was an empty promise and the goal was to hijack the tech and leave everything else behind.

Cons

The Okta acquisition seems to have drained Auth0 of everything that was awesome about it. Okta culture has been cringe and the Auth0 employees are slowly leaving one by one.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place & team members to work with

Dec 30, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Supportive & collaborative environment

Cons

* Management level decisions are not clear at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 164 Reviews

Auth0 Reviews FAQs

Auth0 has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 183 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Auth0 to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Auth0 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Auth0. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

87% of Auth0 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Auth0 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Auth0 to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Auth0 Job Seekers