Found 5,912 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pros of working at Autozone is you get a 20 percent discount and you meet great people" (in 303 reviews)
- "The benefits are good but need to work there for 6 months to get some access and a year I think for full access." (in 203 reviews)
- "Flexible hours great for school" (in 180 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and the discount" (in 115 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and constantly hiring" (in 77 reviews)
- "They expect you to be able to be able to do so much for such a low pay." (in 602 reviews)
- "over all there are so many cons it wold take all day just to list them but the main con is poor management" (in 258 reviews)
- "Upper management can be terrible and disconnected with the realities of being in a store." (in 230 reviews)
- "And yet I just helped train two new part time sales associates and a BRAND NEW COMMERCIAL MANAGER." (in 149 reviews)
- "Bad store managers and corporate doesn’t do anything to help anyone underneath that level" (in 108 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AutoZone and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Oct 2, 2023Commercial Parts SalesFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsRichmond, KY
Has a point system for late or absence. Pto after a year
Red shirts -Hard to do 4 things at once Have to greet and watch customer, look up parts,answer phone, stock shelves, deliver parts, and go outside and install battery headlamp bulb or wiper blades all at once. Cannot ignore phones has to be picked up in 3 rings they constantly have mystery shoppers on phone.
- 3.0Aug 12, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMemphis, TN
AutoZone offers a lot of great things (i.e. community service opportunities, social groups, and social events), but it often feels these are intentional distractions from the failures the company would prefer not to address (i.e. nepotism, unqualified individuals in roles, non-existent training programs, limited employee development, the over-emphasis on stock buy-backs to increase company share value).
It's difficult to speak for the entirety of the SSC, but the relationship within Merch & Supply Chain is non-collaborative and severely imbalanced. Unfortunately, this stems from the very top that reinforces the mindset within Merch that they "drive" the company, which in turn creates an overinflated sense of self-worth and is displayed as such in the way they interact with support functions all while deflecting work responsibilities. Unfortunately, most do not share an optimistic outlook since Phil Danielle, the announced CEO-in-waiting, oversees these two functions and has shown no interest in unifying the two teams, ultimately creating a bleak outlook for the company with his impending takeover as CEO in January.2
AutoZone Reviews FAQs
AutoZone has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 6,400 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at AutoZone to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
55% of AutoZone employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AutoZone 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.