AutoZone Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 548 of over 548 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Denver, CO)

Interview

The interview was quite informal and mostly involved questions very common to most HR offices, such as "describe an experience when...", "what are your best features..". Surprisingly enough, there was not much in the way of questions regarding troubleshooting automotive problems.

Interview Questions
  • "describe an experience when...", "what are your best features..". Surprisingly enough, there was not much in the way of questions regarding troubleshooting automotive problems.
    Answer Question

AutoZone

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone

Interview

Easy to talk to people that you don't know when they will decorate their own house and they will not have them at all in the mower to do it back into the office to make a trip out to you guys if I can confirm that I will decorate the room for the idea that you are a good friend

Interview Questions
  • Can you read at a 5th grade level

Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (East Birmingham, AL) in Jul 2021

Interview

What one would expect from a fortune 500 company. Multiple managers and a human resource representative. Very little information was given about salary. They do take their uniform policy quite seriously and they appear to have it memorized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Bremerton, WA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Pretty straight forward, interviewed with a fairly new manager, covered all info he requested. Started interview for a part time job, but District Manager just happened to be in the store and after talking to him for few minutes was offered full time shift supervisor instead.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Houston, TX) in Jul 2021

Interview

It was insightful and it was like I was already on the team towards the end of the interview. I’m glad I had a opportunity to share what I know about cars

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Phila, PA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Easy and relaxed. The manager was straight forward, professional and nice. He sincerely and desperately needed to fill a position and I made a conscious decision to accept knowing I’m entering a dynamic I might regret later. So far, I have good and bad days not much different than any other job of this type. Ultimately, It’s what we make of it.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be willing to work within the building instead?

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tyler, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process is fast you’ll get call from the store manager first to set up a interview. Then the interview in person, then another interview or phone call by the district manager if need be, after that an offer is sent via email or letter of rejection. If you are selected for the position the store manager may call you.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked in commercial sales?

AutoZone

Application

I interviewed at AutoZone

Interview

the interview was face to face with the store manager. walk through the door, tell them you are there, you will be interviewed, and the hiring process is completely online

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AutoZone

Application

I interviewed at AutoZone

Interview

It was an alright process, they basically ask you questions related to practical retail problem solving and when you are able to start working, overall I had no dislike or fondness of the interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Memphis, TN) in May 2021

Interview

1) Generic Phone screen 2) 45 minute conversation with some software developers The phone screen was extremely general. The person screening you is completely on a prompt, and there is zero personalized conversation whatsoever. It felt dystopian, as if I was speaking with a robot. The conversation with developers was odd. I was not told it would be a technical interview, as 45 minutes is quite short for a tech interview. One dev showed up on time, the other came in late, and the other didn't show at all. The main dev that interviewed me didn't even have the decency to turn on their camera, so the whole time I was the only one with my camera on, which I found rude. The theory questions were straight forward, as was the coding challenge. One of the two engineers just left without saying anything in the middle of the interview. The other engineer abruptly ended the interview at the end of the coding challenge and said they had to go to another meeting. No time for any questions for anyone. I had no chance to ask anyone any questions. The phone screen seemed robotic, and I didn't get any job specifics. The dev interview was cut off and odd, and I was not given a chance to ask any questions as one dev just left and the other said he had another meeting. Overall a very bad interview experience. Not once did I feel like I spoke to an actual person. Engineer that interviewed me didn't turn his camera on, so I felt very silly with my camera on. Rude, abruptly ended, and no time for questions. Very poor experience over all. The only positive was that the interviewing process was relatively quick. Whole process took about two weeks from application submission to interviews.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Talk about development projects on your resume 2) Answer general development theory questions 3) Live coding challenge
Viewing 1 - 10 of 548 Interviews