AutoZone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very knowledgeable store managers, Curteous, many questions on previous experience. Store mangers were well informed on commercial accounts and company procedures. Managers interviewing asked most complicated situation dealing with technical questions on my prior experience. Duties performed as a parts counter person. And experience on testing batteries, alternators, OBDII, wipers etc.

Interview Questions

• Prior automotive experience and customer service.   2 Answers

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short, about 20-25 minutes. The General Manager was mostly talking about himself and his hobbies. Never did he ask me of my customer service experience or important roles that I have had related to this position.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

If you pass the online portion which is more about ethics than skill, you're in. Commercial isn't easy to break into unless you've done this sort of thing, or sadly... are an attractive woman.

Interview Questions

• Name something you've done to bend the rules.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hartford, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

apply online, they will call for interview. Store manager will interview you first, then district manager, sometimes they both will hold the interview at the same time. they will ask typical questions, but also automotive knowledge. They may place you in a different city than what you originally applied for, but they will put you where needed so long as you agree.

Interview Questions

• there really isn't any unexpected question, they basically get down to the point. They may ask you automotive knowledge, but it is not required to have any, so you don't need to know the answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took what they gave me

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

There is a multi interview process pretty casual not intense

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoZone (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview with Area Manager. Then another interview with HR, ASM and RM. No need for any previous auto sales experience. Long waiting process in between interviews and hire date.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoZone (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked about previous experience, automotive know how and salesmanship. I already worked for the company and they recruited me from Pep Boys doing commercial. Honestly it was not challenging just more of a personality review.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoZone.

Interview

One with manager one with regional manager and manager it was simple but I need to complicate my answer because 30 words are required just adding fluff thirty words to get past this stupid page and mandatory field One with manager one with regional manager and manager it was simple but I need to complicate my answer because 30 words are required just adding fluff thirty words to get past this stupid page and mandatory field

Interview Questions

• Driving record f endorsement   1 Answer

Commercial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoZone (Hayward, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was very brief but it depends on the store manager. I've heard stories about 2 hour interviews and some as little as fifteen minutes. After you're hired they put in an offer and send you off to a training day they call foundations. You learn the culture and history of Autozone there and briefly go over how to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could lift certain amounts of weight.   Answer Question

Part Time Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Magnolia, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoZone (Magnolia, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

two interviews. one with store manager and another with the district manager. the store manager covered the tasks associated with the position and the district manager explained company benefits

Interview Questions

• why do want to work here? and some questions focused on behavioral experience tendencies.   Answer Question