Beyondsoft Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance, some flexibility to work remotely (in 5 reviews)

• There are a lot of great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons

1. "Getting the house back in order"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with! My colleagues are amazing and people genuinely like each other. Great people plus our team's core values of transparency and integrity have been key to us holding together through a tough acquisition.
    Work is fun, challenging, and always something new.
    Tons of growth opportunities.

Cons

Our team was acquired and it's taken two years to fix things that were broken during the acquisition.
    PTO and benefits on par with consulting competitors but in hot Seattle job market pale next to the big boys.

Advice to Management

Last couple years have been a roller-coaster but company is in meaningfully better shape now. Corporate team still lags behind business units but changes to corporate structure and personnel are consistently for the better. Focus next on clearly communicating corporate leadership's priorities, values and strategic direction.

2. "only for the desperate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance, free parking in Bellevue and adequate, but not great medical benefits. Below market with everything else including time off, company holidays, etc. As one of my friends awkwardly found out - they don't even pay for bereavement leave!

Cons

Absolutely no business strategy, horrible and non-existent communication, poorly handled changes and restructures, questionable ethics demonstrated by most senior leaders including HR, broken promises, massive favoritism shown towards Chinese employees, ZERO investment in employees, operate on the cheap

Advice to Management

good luck keeping your clients

3. "Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It a nice environment for beginners

Cons

it too slow to develop

"It's OK... if you really need a job"

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent work/life balance, some flexibility to work remotely.

Cons

Lack of vision, high turnover rates, not enough investment in employees. For most, the pay is terrible. No company culture after merger.

Advice to Management

Keep trying.

"Not good."

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You won't have to work too hard. Few do. Expectations are low because the company doesn't understand how to do business in the US. Not exactly pros, but if you need a gig, well, maybe such things may be appealing.

Cons

Prepare for little to no corporate strategy or business priority setting. You'll guess at what is important. Corporate culture is profoundly toxic. You'll be gossiped about long before you find out you're not doing what's expected, despite never really getting clear guidance. There is corporate compliance training that REALLY should include rules of the road for not sexually harassing people. It's a non-trivial cultural problem.

You'll be told many things and find none are true once you actually dig in and try to accomplish things in your role.

This is not a company focused of cost effectiveness. They are focused on doing things as cheaply as possible, no matter how counterproductive that is.

Your work won't be recognized, fully understood or seen as valuable. The impossibly high turnover rate is my design. They'll just get someone else to do it more cheaply.

Advice to Management

Focus on what it means to do business in the US. It's vastly different from doing business in China and just opening an office here does not create a successful model.

"Look before you leap"

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great co-workers due to excellent recruiting from Piraeus hired recruiters

-Some carry over of enjoyable community aspects from Piraeus in Seattle (snacks, paid for lunches, holiday parties etc.)

-Chance to maybe get some job experience (be careful though, some of these skills deal with proprietary Microsoft products or programs that are not used elsewhere).

Cons

-Abysmal pay. For almost two years I was consistently lead to believe that I would receive an increase in pay after taking on a substantially more difficult role that I was not being compensated for (I never received that increase).

-Little to no job security. Out of the blue I was lured into a conference room by my manager for a normal check in. Instead it was my manager and a member of HR who told me I was being laid off. (It has also now become fairly common at Beyondsoft to have new folks hired on full time then be laid off within six months of hire for vague/ no reasons.)

-Lack of honest communication across the board. Whether that comes in the form of abrupt lay offs, hiring employees to work in Seattle and not telling them they will have to commute to Bellevue in a month, or non-existent communication about important company / project transitions.

-Low morale. People at the ground level are not happy working at Beyondsoft. Period. Low pay, friends being randomly fired/ laid off, poor management level communication, long commutes, no real room to grow a career, projects being lost and downsized, no new incoming work.

Advice to Management

This is a sinking ship, do you what you to salvage this before you lose all the great talent that was cultivated over the last 10 years.

"Great sense of community, lacks leadership"

Current Employee - Consultant, Solutions Delivery in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant, Solutions Delivery in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teams, developers, data analysts, and overall community feels close together, you are able to find mentorship when needed, however relies on those who can actually make the time for you. Teams continue to grow, and career opportunity is pretty large here, project ownership is really solid as well, however if you're good at one thing, you will have to wear multiple hats, and the payoff is not always that rewarding.

Cons

Commute is not the greatest, no compensation for bus cards or other travel, besides being able to uber to client sites only. Community seemed parsed after acquisition, overly clinical, and focused on massive device testing, feels like a massive call center. Leadership does everything but lead, its a massive army of managers, and no ability to grow opportunities other than acquiring 3rd party software and calling it a service.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team, strive for excellence and truly try to lead teams into doing something meaningful, stop overseeing the truth, and put more trust into those around you.

"potential of development"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Beyondsoft Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

a very flexible work place and friendly environment to stay in. account managers work hard to explore projects from clients, which gives potential openings.

Cons

same as a typical staffing company, positions and jobs are based on client assignments, which leaves uncertainties and unclear outlook about employment.

Advice to Management

suggest management to evenly care about all employees and projects. advanced notice of project termination is always appreciated. COBRA was not well managed. it has some glitches.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Beyondsoft Consulting Inc. for 6 years. In general, this is a conservative company. Good things include:
    * The management team would take care of you, if you let them know your value.
    * The work/life balance is good, if you know how and when to say no.
    * Some Engagement Managers, e.g. Elly, are quite responsive and helpful. Whenever you got an issue, once you escalate it, you'll get response with clear information.

Cons

* From engineer's perspective, no career path at all.
    * The mix-shore model launched in 2016 is quite confusing.
    * The full-time software engineer is a joke. It's unlikely to get paid between projects, even if the gap is caused by paperwork (e.g. you got hired on another project, but you cannot onboard immediately, due to paperwork).

Advice to Management

The company's business is not as good as the propaganda. Real hard-working people rarely get incentive. A lot of people spend too much time on office politics.

"Excellent Place to Learn, Grow and Develop Your Career"

Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Analytics Manager in Torrance, CA

I worked at Beyondsoft Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked on site as a consultant at the Toyota campus in Torrance, CA for over 4 years. No other time in my career, have I been able to learn and grow as much as I did here. Based on my experience there were many pros, but the ones that stick out to me the most are:
    • There are a lot of great people. Plenty of smart people to learn from.
    • The company recognizes, values and rewards people who produce.
    • Company politics is at a minimum.
    • Have the opportunity to work on Toyota projects.
    • Get exposed to a number of tools and technologies.

If you come in with the mindset of wanting to work and prove yourself as an asset, you will be given the opportunity to really grow your career. If you are content with only doing the task at hand and unable to adapt then you will probably find yourself at the other end of the spectrum.

Cons

The only con is the fact that you work on site the entire time. However, there are strong advantages to working on site, most of which revolve being close to the client and able to build strong relationships. This is part of the job and becomes a very small item when you consider the whole picture.