CEI Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEI Chairman & CEO D. Raja
D. Raja

"Great Company with Very Good Leadership"

Current Employee - Recruitin/Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Recruitin/Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Team Environment, employees are respected and celebrated.

Cons

401K plan is a bit lacking... Wish there was a standard 3 weeks of vacation or a vacation day purchase program.

Advice to Management

Love the employee functions, summer picnic, Holiday party and QTR meetings. Perhaps implement a vacation day purchase program.

2. "A small bodyshop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good group of people who get things done.

Cons

Poor processes and planning. Rely heavingly on a superstar or two to get things done. Terrible benefits, vacation and holidays. No training or mentoring at all.

Advice to Management

Commit to a consulting group

3. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I worked at CEI (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in managing your projects, great pay structure

Cons

Unfortunately, since is a privately owned company the benefits are limited

"Not awful but could be much better"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at CEI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company sponsored happy hours, that was about it. Working from home was a plus in the beginning but quickly became a negative with the lack of support from management.

Cons

There is very little support for people who have not worked in the industry before. When I asked for help, I was treated as I was being annoying by asking questions. Sales and recruiting do not work out of one system. They work out of two and you have to track things multiple times in multiple locations. This made the work very tedious. Once they opened up an office in downtown Denver, I was expected to pay for parking $200+/month.

Advice to Management

Give employees outside of Pittsburgh more support, especially the ones that do not have experience in the industry. If you are going to open an office downtown, pay for parking for your employees instead of expecting them to pay $200+ per month to park downtown when we were originally hired to work from home. Get more than one account to work with.

"enjoyable place to work for the most part."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trevose Heights, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Trevose Heights, PA

Pros

Nice employees, nice environment, nice owners

Cons

Not enough pay, company promotes who they want in position so it's not fair to all employees and not easy to advance.

Advice to Management

Post job opportunities and give everyone fair opportunity instead of hand selecting people to fill them.

"Been there nearly 10 years, feel like an important part of the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a stuffy corporate culture. Instead, a fun, family and supportive atmosphere. Everyone is treated like an equal regardless of title. Great opportunity to accelerate your technical skills. Been in the awesome new office for over a year now and it really uplifts the mood and encourages socilization. The clients I work with have all been fantastic.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are there but hard to see. Benefits could be a bit better (profit sharing would be nice). It also sometimes feel that Raja is a bit conservative when it comes to taking business risks but he's kept the company profitable since 1992.

8. "Great company. Needed better understanding of technology to sell."

Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very involved level staff. Willing to answer questions and teach.

Cons

I think a basic review of the technologies and how they build on each other would have helped. Classes on foundation and how things connect would have been helpful.

Advice to Management

Provide solid overview of technologies to sales people and then build on that. Offer classes on technologies. Good to offer scripts but understanding of how technologies work together would have helped.

"Great place to come to everyday."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work atmosphere that encourages thought and communication. This is a great place to grow knowledge and expertise. Ownership and upper management are always available and receptive to new ideas. Also, There are quarterly meetings for employees to gather out of the office to eat, drink and have some fun.

Cons

Back office is sometimes a bit resisitant to process changes. Makes some things difficult from time to time. Generally, the few problems I've had were not the result of anything internal to CEI.

CEI Response

Jul 29, 2014 – Corporate Recruiter

Don’t forget our next quarterly event tomorrow at the beach!

"No Job security, big risk for people on H1 visas"

Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CEI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good payroll processing system, Pay on time bi-weekly, HR lady responds quickly on your questions

Cons

No Job security, As their business is only on IT consulting, their only way to reduce cost is laying off people once the project is over. Most of the projects are short term. Risk for people who are on H1, they have to find an employer who transfers visa immediately and loose green card processing. They do not release the immigration related documents to employees like the I-140 approval copy on green card processing.
      Not much client pool to place people on projects.
      They offer 401K plan after completion of one year, but there will be no contribution from company on 401K.
      They reduce salary if the employee is on bench. They take a signed agreement from employee to agree to pay the damages amount if employee resigns during bench period.
      Marketing people say that the project is long term even though the project is only for 3 months.
      Some fake reviews were posted by internal people to hide bad things about the company.

11. "Amazing place to work, constantly learn, and make a difference."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CEI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is excellent, vacations and benefits are also. Coming onboard was a great decision. Here you are surrounded by true industry-leading talent, who are hard-working and very successful. Working in this kind of environment empowers me to always learn more, to become more efficient, and to do whatever it takes to perform at my best. Management is always approachable and professional.

Cons

There are no cons to list.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!