Calance Reviews | Glassdoor

Amit Govil

1. "Growing company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Calance is a great company, they are growing and expanding all the time

Cons

some of the software used is not that great, when other options are available. Lotus Notes

Advice to Management

maybe have everyone on outlook or google.

2. "Absolutley Fantastic Place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executiive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executiive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Environment and office climate is great, not bogged down by "glass ceilings" or territory boundaries that often limited the opportunity to grow and develop business.

Cons

None to mention at this time

3. "Fast growth, amazing people"

Former Employee - Software Architect in Barrington, IL
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Barrington, IL

Pros

The people that work here are some of the best I've met in my professional career. The culture is good. The founders are great people and I believe they have the best intentions for the company, the employees, and our community. There is a lot of opportunity to learn from different teams and possibly switch roles as departments grow and new team form.

Management understanding and always their to help. They are willing to work with you, and the company has plenty of room for growth.

Cons

t's really hard to find a con in this company. Nothing is perfect and you can't expect Calance to be any different.

Advice to Management

keep good people.
    Stay on course and stay true to the mission.

Sep 28, 2016 – Regional Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your recommendation on Glassdoor. We wish you every success in the future. Calance

"Calance continues to improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Calance is a great flexible place to work. People are allowed to work remotely. Of course, there are still those who doubt you are working when you are remote but management seems supportive and that's what counts. Overall, it's improved in the two years I've been here. At first, it was going through a lot of changes with the owners changing out the executive team. But it's so much better two years later. The current management team is focused on working together, getting the job done and supporting their staff. The COO empowers people to make decisions once he trusts you. He encourages staff to speak their mind honestly. I respect that a lot.

Cons

There are a lot of people who have been with the company for over a decade and don't like change. The company is continuing to improve internally and deliver externally; that requires change. Everyone needs to focus on customer-service.

Advice to Management

Start a bonus program based on revenue growth. It would inspire staff.

Sep 28, 2016 – Regional Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your positive experience on Glassdoor. In today's world we understand the need for a balance between home and work, that is why we offer the remote ... More

"Improved Significantly"

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great environment!! I've been working at Calance for 3 years. When I initially started the company was called Partners Consulting and in the middle of an acquisition by Calance. It wasn't for about a year and half that Calance fully took over things began to improve. There was a significantly high turnover rate- we were losing people once a week almost! Delivery was horrible, and management couldn't care less. After Calance took over, things have improved significantly. Under new management, teams are working successfully and cross-functionally to support the clients. Delivery has improved so much, and the company is even growing. Everyone is willing to contribute something to get the job done correctly and efficiently. It's really a great team environment. It seems like there is lots of opportunities in the pipeline so more room for growth. It's exciting to be a part of a company where you have seen the absolute worst, and now seeing it with so many improvements. It can only go up and get better from here!

The company itself is a pretty laid back environment which is awesome. Management is very accommodating to your personal life and everyone is understanding there is more to life than outside of work- something I think is difficult to find in the IT industry. They also don't micromanage at all. As long as your doing your work right and in a timely order, everyone is generally happy. You don't have to feel scared or worried to talk to your managers, they're very open about things.

Cons

Sometimes not enough resourcing for new opportunities- not a bad thing at all but can delay things a bit.

Advice to Management

The new management now is excellent. Keep working with your teams and providing feedback. That's what is most important. The constant interaction and guidance is great.

"Great opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I read several reviews for Calance on glassdoor and finally decided to write one
    This is the place which is open to suggestions and changes which is unlike any other IT organization. I worked with top IT companies for 8 years and find Calance better than any other place I have worked with so far.
    I have been with Calance for 3 years and grew from Network engineer to Sr. Solution Architect. I have learned various technologies and always keep looking for learning opportunities. Calance helped me to learn and grow at the same time.

Cons

Hesitant to replace non productive staff which puts pressure on productive staff to even give more of their time and effort.

Advice to Management

1) Please start conducting monthly mixers again as that was the only platform for interaction between management and employees
    2) Bi-weekly meetings between Sales and Operations group
    3) Team building fun activities

Apr 27, 2016 – Regional Director

Wow - we appreciate the well thought out review and feedback. We are looking at quarterly team building activities, geared more toward community service, so look for information on that in the near ... More

"New Calance, Excellent Organization to Work For!"

Current Employee - Director, Systems Engineering in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Systems Engineering in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Calance is a great place to work, and continues to improve. In the past two years the organization has completely transformed their operational delivery, instilling process and a continuous improvement practice. The focus of leadership now is on customer success and employee well being. Communication has significantly improved. Calance has made a significant culture shift from a entitled job focused environment, to one of career minded individuals working as a team to drive success through our own organization and each of our clients. The future is very promising and an excellent fit for any highly motivated, career minded person.

Cons

Transition can be difficult as in any organization, however, this is normal in any company that is not only growing in size, but internally as they continue to push for excellence.

Sep 28, 2016 – Regional Director

We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Calance. We appreciate you helping make the Calance Team stronger.

"Calance is a great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Calance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Calance offers a tremendous work/life balance. It's a highly productive and successful environment with the best leadership in the industry. I am so proud and honored to be a part of the Atlanta team.

Cons

Branding - getting our name out there.

Feb 11, 2016 – Regional Director

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are working diligently on our branding and trying to let Atlanta know how special the Calance experience can be. The year of Calance is 2016.

"One of the best companies to work with"

I have been working at Calance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with Calance. I must say, it is a very good company to work with. Management is superb!. Co-workers are very helpful. If you are willing to learn, endless opportunities are here. Every day you walk home taking some piece of knowledge. Great work life balance. Ocean on learning opportunities Great colleagues and chance to work with industry's best experts in technology.

Cons

Sometimes perspectives win over outcomes otherwise I did not find any cons.

Advice to Management

Great work, keep inspiring the people. Aggressively cultivate cross team collaboration work culture.

Feb 11, 2016 – Regional Director

Thank you. We definitely hear your comments and will work toward keeping the collaborative culture as we grow. The year of Calance is 2016!!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Calance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work culture, collaborative team environment, strong leadership, flexible work hours

Cons

a lot of growth and changes

Advice to Management

keep defining growth, keep communication consistent

Feb 11, 2016 – Regional Director

Thank you. We look forward to more growth in 2016 and appreciate the collaborative culture that we have. Remember - the year of Calance is 2016!