Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 7, 2018

3.5
Doug Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Check-N-Go takes care of employess offering a great benefit package and work/life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Hours are great for work home life" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate within company" (in 14 reviews)

• "Really different upper management,Poor communication and training program is terrible" (in 21 reviews)

1. "Celebrating a Long Journey!"

Current Employee - Distict Director of Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Distict Director of Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hours are Great!
    Opportunity for Advancement!
    World-Class Culture!!
    Recognition!
    Transparency!
    Work/Life Balance!

Cons

None that don't have a solution in progress!

Advice to Management

Over the last two years we have particularly seen many great changes - keep it up!

2. "DDO"

Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Transparency and Communication.. Expectations are clear.

Cons

None right now.. I love being here.

Advice to Management

This is my ninth year with the company and it has been a pleasure being part of a terrific team!!!

3. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time

Pros

Great manager and co workers at other offices are very friendly

Cons

Company does not care about employees, extreme workloads with no support, single coverage most days

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees who want to advance within the company so they will not leave.

4. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time

Pros

They reimbursed mileage if traveled to different store.

Cons

Honestly I didn’t official apply for the job, the hiring manager found my resume on indeed. At the time I was thankful because I was in desperate need of a job, but had I known what I was getting myself into I would’ve ran!! First in foremost the training sucks, if you’re anything like me I’m a visual learner so listening to modules all day does not suffice. It will only make me want to sleep! After 3 weeks of training you’re pretty much on your own and sometimes having to run the store all by yourself. It’s only you and the store manager assigned to a store(depending on the traffic your store brings). I would advise that you bring your lunch because if you’re the only one there then you aren’t allowed to leave the store, ohh and you have to find the time to sneak your lunch in if you’re alone. When I was initially hired on I was assigned to one store, then another store lost their associate so I was asked to cover both stores. At first it was great but all the back and forth became a little hectic. The only plus was the reimbursement for the mileage from store to store. The only thing I didn’t like about that was the mileage was calculated from your home store and not your home, which I thought was dumb because I would be traveling from my home to get to that particular store. Towards the end of my time there, they were turning into a sales culture type of company. That required more training on top of the already many daily tasks we had to do throughout the day. Overall, they lacked sensitivity for their associates and only cared about the company.

Advice to Management

Allow lunches, appreciate your associates and fully train an associate before you throw them out on their own.

5. "Store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the hours
    Loved my customers

Cons

Very hard to hit bonuses

6. "Check n go"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Cool schedule.

Cons

Too much paperwork. Alot to learn

"Worst job ever"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

None this company will set you up to fail and be a slave for them. Your never able to close their store, so no food at all

Cons

Slave ship. Management is bad, always have an attitude if you ask them anything. There is no privacy with Csr and management they will call all managers and talk about you and your kids behind your back. You get no breaks or lunch’s. They don’t believe in work/ family lifestyle. And if you work there you will work by yourself from 9 am to 6pm Monday through Friday and also Saturday but you can’t get over time so they make you take 3 to 5 lunches to cut down on your hours so they don’t have to pay you. Management will train you to fail. Management get away with discrimination and nasty to most black people. Management will not be there for you when needed.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about people and they family. Stop calling other management telling them what goes on with your car. Run your own store and don’t just be nice to your hire customers.

8. "CSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job and company

Cons

pay, not enough hours,

Advice to Management

work with the current employees and not just the ones in management

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK! Stay away!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much. The hours, I guess.

Cons

EVERYTHING! They force you to make customers take out loans they KNOW they can’t afford and then punish you when those people can’t pay it back!

The management is AWFUL! Most of them are sleeping together, so unless your cool with sexual harassment, it’s not the place for you! HR complaints go unnoticed, so don’t even bother...they’ll just fire you for complaining.

Advice to Management

Run the business professionally!! Don’t make people have to sleep their way to top.

Check 'n Go Response

Nov 8, 2018 – Division Vice President

It’s disappointing that you feel this way about your job. We pride ourselves on helping customers when they need it most, and when they may have nowhere else to turn to get the funds they need... More

10. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Anderson, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Anderson, CA

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job here at Check 'N Go and Allied Cash Advance. I work for some of the best people currently managing an Allied store. I loev my job so much because It gives me the opportunity to grow and learn in the financial/loaning buisness. It is also gives the most amoutn of time to spend with my kids! I work 9:45 to 6:30 Monday- Friday. I feel that they offer us amazing benefits, great pay, and all around good environment to work in. I am very thankful for this job I have and its been and will continue to be one of the best job oppertunities in my life. My Distric Directive really does care about each and every one of us that work under him and can tell when were starting to get over worked or worn out. He always has some super cool incentive for us! They give us pay raises yearly if you have excelled over the past year, You have the opportunity to go no where but up in this company, The 401k benefits are amazing.

Cons

I feel the only con is you need to be able to work with the general public and if you cant handle that your just not gonna do well.

Advice to Management

None.. They are all pretty cool and amazing.

Check 'n Go Response

Aug 24, 2018 – Division Vice President

It’s great to see that you get so much out of your career with Check `n Go and Allied Cash Advance. Your experience describes exactly what we strive for with our EPIC belief system – which is built... More