Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 14, 2019

3.5
Doug Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Check-N-Go takes care of employess offering a great benefit package and work/life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Hours are great for work home life" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate within company" (in 14 reviews)

• "Really different upper management,Poor communication and training program is terrible" (in 22 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great Leadership and Work environment"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance, pay, people, Leadership from DDO and up, all want the best for you and your store. They offer all the help you can take/want or need. They way this company as a whole pushes you to be the best is fantastic. Work hard but get compensated for that. They allow for you to be involved in the community.

Cons

Insurance prices, not the worse I've seen but wish they were a little lower priced.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "It's a job"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job and since the turn over rate is so high you can advance to store manager easily, but that's where the advancement stops and you won't get paid much as a store manager, usually like a couple dollars more than minimum wage. Hours are okay, easy policies to follow, time consuming training but it's easy training, and most customers are friendly.

Cons

Unrealistic goals, favoritism by some management, working alone mostly, being talked to like your stupid by management (this is everyone at the store level, we all are sent emails by upper management that talk to us like we are stupid or not doing our jobs because we are not getting someone to take a loan out at 99% APR every day/ the expectation is one loan a day minimum), they do not advertise on tv they send junk mail to peoples' address as a way to get business,but they will blame you for people not coming into your location, there are hardly any opportunities to advance, store employees do not feel appreciated, upper management will make you feel like nothing you ever do is good enough, raises are based on meeting unrealistic goals, and the pay is low for how much stress you are put under.

Advice to Management

Please understand that store employees are the heart of your business. It felt like the company doesn't value their employees or feel they should be paid properly. Making people work single staffed almost every day during the week is depressing and makes for a unhappy work environment. Complaining about how much money is spent on payroll makes it seem like you don't care about the people who work for you. Please do not base the 30 cent pay raises on meeting goals, especially when the goals are based on fraudulent activities of previous employees of years before. It is not okay to make employees force customers into loans that they do not want. Pushing your employees to meet these goals is only going to cause people to do shady activities to get people qualified for loans. Please train the upper management on how to interact with store employees and not to show favoritism. Please hire more people and allow stores to have more hours so they typically aren't under staffed. The whole time I worked for this company there was always an issue with being under staffed and this is probably due to only having 1 full time employee and 1 part time employee at like 95% of your locations. I know this advice will not change anything, but I know so many people still employed there and they are all unhappy with staffing. Also the sales training should not have so many religious quotes; not every employee is a Christian and it just excludes them. Please stop making store employees feel like it's their fault people are not going into their store locations.

3. "Customer service sucked"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time Hours were guaranteed usually.

Cons

Bad management, no communication, or proper training

4. "Love my career of choice"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Raymondville, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raymondville, TX

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love being able to help people with their financial needs and building great relationships with my customers.

Cons

CSR’s are only part time. So the turnover can be high due to the needs of every individual.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises.

5. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Wichita Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with and love being able to build relationships wtih people in my community.

Cons

Do not really have any cons

"Love my Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I come into contact within the company has been very helpful and awesome to work with. They all want you to succeed and become the best at your job and will do anything to ensure that this happens. Also, the customers are great.

Cons

I really can't come up with any downsides to this job. The hours are great and like I said, everybody is great to work with.

7. "If You're okay with being stuck"

Current Employee - Store Manager -
    Current Employee - Store Manager -

Pros

At least you have a job.

Cons

No advancement. "Sales training" they force on you is not relevant to what they do.

Advice to Management

Use training from similar small retail stores and not a giant mortgage broker. It's about people, not metrics.

8. "No Benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Azle, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Azle, TX

I have been working at Check 'n Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping others find solutions to their needs

Cons

To much traveling just to get hours

Advice to Management

Hire more

9. "Not what was expecting"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefit package and time off.

Cons

Thrown into a position and trained by other employees

Advice to Management

Work closer with you training to help new hire succeed in the management position. Do not let your managers depend on the other employees to learn about the office that they are assigned too.

"Store manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great hours
    Customers are awesome

Cons

High turn over rate
    High stress environment