Client Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brad Franta

Pros
  • Set somewhat of your weekly work schedule with 2 late nights a week (in 3 reviews)

• The company makes sure you receive excellent training which definitely helps boost your earning potential (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You are required to work two late nights per week and communication between staff and management is poor at best (in 3 reviews)

• and if you aren't a favorite, you will be put down instead of taught, and will have no chance of moving up, or even staying with the company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My career with Client Services, Inc. has been an amazing journey. Over the past 8 years I have had the opportunity to work with great people and enhance my skill set on a daily basis. I started out as an agent and have worked my way up to a Senior Management position. The strengths and knowledge I have gained during my tenure here have been invaluable. I have increased my communication and negotiation abilities exponentially along with gaining an immense knowledge of credit and banking. These skills have been extremely beneficial in my career as well as my personal life. Thank you Client Services for the opportunities and growth you provide to your employees.

Cons

No Cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and their development.

2. "Management and Upper Management"

I have been working at Client Services full-time

Pros

Like almost all the people that work with there. Room for advancement. Almost everyone works as a team. Management works with you on improving so you can obtain your goals. Managers also work with you so you can be successful and compliant.

Cons

Not to much on downside. High turn over rate. When prompted someone give the some kind of insensitive. Benefits need some improvements.

Advice to Management

When prompting someone give them some kind of insensitive to work for. On bonuses the employee or employees should base their bonuses off one specific file and how they performed on that specific file compare to other employees on that file. Their bonus should not go off everyones performance on different files with in that portfolio. Keep in mind you were where a collector at some point and remember no matter how stressed you are to keep positive. Also get more help for management.

3. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the constant change and chaos of the ever changing debt collection world. Being able to work with reps day in and out, helping them develop into an ace collector- is the best part of my day . I have alot of work on my plate, daily interactions with collectors is my highlight.

Cons

Salary, in comparison with other Unit Managers isn't comparable. The workload i have is well over anything 3rd party collector unit managers do. The pay to work ratio isn't calculated properly, work load and ethic should be considered when reviewing hourly wages.

Advice to Management

Put the collectors success before your own, it will all come out in the wash.

5. "Decent Mid Size Call Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Client Services is a place that, if you are willing to work hard, you can advance rapidly. Scheduling is not restrictive and time off (vacation, floating holidays, CTO) is abundant. Management is willing to listen and change policies for the benefit of agents.

Cons

Very low 401K match / Expensive benefits / Support Department do not receive same benefits (PTO) as Collections

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. Focus on concerns from all departments, not just collections. The support departments matter as well.

6. "Collector"

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Saint Charles, MO

Pros

classroom and hands on training, ability to select scheduled hours, bonus for hitting sales goals, management support

Cons

transferred calls not distributed evenly, thus one person would get opportunity to close caller and earn commission.

Advice to Management

management was very supportive and rewarded for work accomplished.

7. "Debt Collector"

Current Employee - Debt Collector
    Current Employee - Debt Collector

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses are good extra money. It is a pretty easy job. Flexible hours and they work with you most of the time.

Cons

The managers can be stressful at times. Some are wonderful and others are not great.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like people. Create a better work environment.

"Agent"

Former Employee - Collections Agent in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Collections Agent in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Client Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job. Loved the people I worked with directly.

Cons

I found that the owner of the company, Ron, was just a monster outside of work. My managers manager had zero communication skills.

Advice to Management

Treat all agents equally. If you're going to show favoritism try not to do it so loudly.

"Managet"

Former Employee - Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Client Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They train for 2-3 weeks for the job

Cons

They will find a way to take all bonuses away from you

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals for collectors and pay them

10. "Client Services Technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company recognizes that technology is critical to the success of the business. There are a wide range of technologies supported and most people have their hands in multiple technologies. This makes for an interesting work place and good learning environment.

Cons

Priorities can change frequently which negatively impacts productivity and progress at times.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to improve the benefits package, programs and incentives. More consistent communications on the company strategy and goals.

"Fairly good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Client Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible with schedule. Clear cut expectations. Great training program. The trainers follow up with you periodically and are always willing to help.

Cons

Show management you value them. Pay them what they are worth. It all trickles down... implement more positive reinforcement. Enforce the rules across the board.

Advice to Management

Follow through on promises to veterans