CompHealth Reviews

Updated May 7, 2020

3.7
CompHealth President Lisa Grabl
Lisa Grabl
Pros
  • "Great Campus with lots of things to do to make your work/life balance easier on you(in 9 reviews)

• "They provide great benefits and put their people first(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a problem of work-life balance which several reps are on antidepressants, and are miserable(in 8 reviews)

• "So I would suggest starting in SL-Allied, then transferring to Locums after you complete your first year in sales(in 7 reviews)

1. "Never Without a Job"

Former Employee - Medical Technologist

I worked at CompHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a relationship oriented company. Recruiters are friendly, helpful, and try their best to give you a job that will match your skillset but also allow you to grow. I had great support at the sites I worked at and CompHealth. I always felt like I was in the driver's seat. I grew so much in experience and an individual during my 2 years with CompHealth. I would work with them again.

Cons

If you ever have to go through switching a recruiter it is terrible. I went for two weeks at a clinical site with no contact from CompHealth at all. I almost left CompHealth prematurely, but fortunately someone did reach out to me and gave me a new recruiter so I could continue doing assignments with them. I strongly recommend finding your own housing arrangements on assignments. CompHealth works through a third party called, Traveler's Haven, if you request CompHealth to find housing for you. Traveler's Haven does a poor job of communicating between your prospective landlord, CompHealth, and you as the provider. Miscommunication and frustration on you and your prospective landlord is a guarantee for the first two weeks of any assignment if you have CompHealth provide housing for your assignments. Once you do get housing though, it is smooth sailing from there.

CompHealth2020-03-09

May 11, 2020Talent Management Leader

We're glad to hear that your experience working with CompHealth was overall positive. We will pass along your feedback regarding housing and recruiter transitions.

2. "Overall great company"

Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture of the company is awesome and they strongly stand by it. The CEO of the company truly cares about the employees and is always looking for ways to improve to not only better our customers' experience, but the employees as well.

Cons

The pay - the structure for business partners could use some work. Sales receives a commission based on how they work, the BPs receive no commission. The flexability is another - this is improving, but still could use some work.

CompHealth2020-05-07

May 11, 2020Talent Management Leader

Thank you for your feedback!

3. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Client Representative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love their core values. They help me grow in all aspects of my life.

Cons

Flex time. I am a salary employee but doc you every hour you are gone. I work extra hours every week. A minimum of three hours, yet if I need to leave an hour early or come in an hour late they will make sure your time off is noted.

CompHealth2020-03-04
  4. "Great money, always high stress"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at CompHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, good benefits

Cons

You have to have the right leaders or this place is miserable. Their expectations always rise and they lose their top most experienced performers due to unrealistic expectations.

CompHealth2020-01-29

February 3, 2020Talent Management Leader

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

5. "Sales that serves a noble purpose"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CompHealth is the leader in the industry, and its commitment to fundamental core values is unparalleled. Every member of our sales staff is given the opportunity to succeed in a sales career that serves an incredibly noble purpose, with uncapped commission and unlimited career options.

Cons

I have worked in this sales division for the last 10 years, and every change in the market has been met with intentional executive commitment to overcome every challenge we face. I have nothing but positive to share about CompHealth.

CompHealth2020-01-10

January 13, 2020Talent Management Leader

It's great to see that even your con is a positive! Thank you for sharing.

6. "Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leaders understand and truly want to help you

Cons

Can be very stressful and it is quite the process to get a doctor working

CompHealth2019-12-23

December 30, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're glad it's been positive overall.

7. "Mid Level Practitioner"

1.0
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant

I worked at CompHealth full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I honestly can not think of one pro compared to other places I’ve worked.

Cons

Horrible work conditions. The patients are treated like cattle and practitioners are pushed to see as many patients as possible without regard to patient care. Very low pay in comparison to surrounding areas. Physicians expect mid levels to carry the brunt of the work load in the ER.

CompHealth2020-01-25

January 27, 2020Talent Management Leader

It sounds like you had a bad experience on an assignment. If you haven’t already, please reach out to your representative and let them know about your experience.

8. "Best Sales Company in Utah!"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work culture, great benefits, good mix of base pay plus unlimited commission, and good transparency from the up down.

Cons

None up to this point. Taxed too much on commissions.

CompHealth2019-11-06

November 11, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

9. "Best Company Overall Maybe Not The Best Everywhere Else"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feedback, Feedback and more Feedback. Plenty of opportunity to grow, learn and develop new skills.

Cons

Office politics sometimes do not seem fair.

CompHealth2019-10-17

October 21, 2019Talent Management Leader

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you've had the opportunity to develop new skills and grow in your position.

10. "Can't live up to their "core values" with mangers unwilling to change with the times"

1.0
    Former Employee - Provider Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at CompHealth full-time

Pros

Health benefits are great. Partially paid maternity and paternity leave, fertility care assistance, even assistance with gender reassignment. Unlimited Volunteer time off.

Cons

Unhealthy competition; everyone in the Grand Rapids office looks and acts unhappy, dissatisfied, and stressed out; long-tenured managers are unwilling to change with the times and the younger workforce; Core values only apply to management favorites, Don't let them fool you into thinking they are happy, progressive and fun during interviews - pay attention to the atmosphere in the office take note as to how many people are smiling or interacting with one another; Nothing matters to mgmt except your numbers and doing things "their way", not the company's way, the mgr's way; YOU WILL BE A SEAT WARMER - get your numbers and be sure you're in your seat for exactly 8 hours a day or more, they will have a talk with you if you're in your seat for 7 hrs and 59 mins. Flex time is not understood by management, they require it be pre-approved at least a week in advance - where's the flexibility in that? It is not a recruiting hub - it's a call center, if you're a recruiter just plan on doing the "bait and switch" with your candidates

CompHealth2019-10-09

November 5, 2019Employee Relations Manager

We're sorry your experience wasn't what you wanted it to be. The work we do is hard but rewarding and we strongly believe in our core values for all of our people.

Found 138 reviews