CompHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

CompHealth President Lisa Grabl
Lisa Grabl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There is a problem of work-life balance which several reps are on antidepressants, and are miserable" (in 8 reviews)

• "Group think is a huge problem within the organization and no one challenges the current status quo," (in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome work environment"

Current Employee - Provider Representative
    Current Employee - Provider Representative

I have been working at CompHealth full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Really great environment.

Cons

Pay isn’t as competitive as it should be.

Apr 4, 2019 – Employee Relations Manager

Glad you're enjoying the environment.

"I wouldn’t recommend it - I left on my own"

Former Employee - Client Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Client Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my teammates and building amenities

Cons

-fear culture
    -sexist environment/pro-men
    -micromanagement and belittling
    -lots of turnover
    -seems like the company is going downhill
    -controlling atmosphere

Advice to Management

Lay off the fear tactics
    Work on management development
    Focusing on little things too much
    Getting too greedy
    More ongoing training

Apr 22, 2019 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for sharing. We are committed to creating a safe and productive work environment for all of our employees that is free of fear or any sort of discrimination. We are always looking for ways... More

3. "Exciting job with lots of potential"

Pros

Work life balance free to be you

Cons

Pay structure and micro management

Apr 4, 2019 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for sharing. We're glad you're having a good experience.

4. "Do not believe the hype!!"

Former Employee - Client Development Consultant in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Client Development Consultant in Midvale, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits but not as good as they like to promote. Onsite cafeteria (which you pay for), gym, and health clinic. IF you happen to be on a good team, work really hard, and a favorite of the manager you work for you could make $150k+ after a few years of working there with consistent effort (or so I was told).

Cons

Where to begin...People are very fake here..A lot of people are miserable but pretend to be happy here. It takes a few months before you see the truth. I was told by multiple senior employees that if you want to stick around here you “gotta play the game”. Managers are not honest and just look out for each other if you disagree with a manger you immediately become a target and your time is limited..I was told by a manager “maybe you’re not ready to drink the kool aid just yet..but you will!” what you do is never enough. If you work 50+ hours a week and you’re not a favorite then it’s not enough (even if you make the company $1 million in your first year it’s not enough). You’re only as good as your last week. Most of the people on your team are on a PIP (performance improvement plan) and 15 new employees are hired every 2 weeks to fill in the revolving door of employees..your manager will regularly tell you “I could replace you” “there’s plenty of people who would love your opportunity “ or my favorite “I’ve fired people for a lot less hahaha!”.. Micromanagement/overly controlling managers is a huge problem here! The sales cycle is very long and there’s a lot of moving parts..it can be stressful when some of the pieces (which are outside of your control) fall through..managers do nothing to eliminate the stress instead they pile it on more and put you on a PIP and begin the bullying process of calling you names, yelling at you, belittling you, swearing at you, etc. The company preaches work-life balance but the truth is it is completely left to manager discretion. I was told I could get a flexible schedule with options to work remote on certain days. In reality I put in 50+ hours a week on site and punished when I took accrued PTO I earned. My manager wanted receipts tickets and paystubs to prove what I was doing in my time off (controlling much?!). At times my manager went as far as ruining my book of business, calling up clients and canceling deals I already confirmed! If you are not a favorite, or seen as a threat in someway they will find whatever reason they can to put you on a PIP and begin the process of emotionally abusing you till you quit so they can just take your clients from you and disburse them to their buddies. Human Resources is not helpful, they will just tell you they are aware of the issues with leadership and have been “working on it for several years”..and yet nothing is done. My suggestion to anyone interested in working here..Do not believe the hype!! Get out now!!

Advice to Management

STOP leading through fear. STOP bullying your employees. STOP with the high school gossip and games. STOP abusing your employees. Employees don’t leave companies, they leave managers! There is a reason why certain departments are always hiring! There’s a reason why so many employees have stress related illness.

"Physician Recruiter"

I have been working at CompHealth full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Nice Gym. New Building.

Cons

No work life balance. Insurance too expensive. Salary too low. Stressful. Food is expensive.

Jan 11, 2019 – Employee Relations Manager

We're glad you're enjoying your coworkers and the building. Thanks for your feedback on work/life balance. Talk to your supervisor or manager and see what options there are to make that better.... More

"Physician recruiter"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and the ability to earn a great income. The people are a big draw and one of the biggest reasons for employee retention.

Cons

Slow to promote from within and there is a long learning curve to understand the business model

Advice to Management

more efficient timelines to promote successful employees. Often times, employees will have already been shouldering additional responsibilities for multiple months before receiving additional compensation.

Dec 5, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

There is definitely a learning curve, both for our industry and our way of working. We're glad you're enjoying the culture and the people. Promotions can take time but you bring up some good points... More

"Good job, in-your-face culture"

Former Employee - Inside Sales/Physician Recruiter in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales/Physician Recruiter in Draper, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a good place to work. Employees seem happy and they keep a relaxed atmosphere. Pay can be good.

Cons

The comp plans were all over the place. Reps on one team could make 3x what reps on other teams were making despite them doing the same work/getting the same results. The culture was obsessive and in your face, which made it hard to forgive when situations weren't handled ethically or in line with the culture. It's not a bad culture, but it's just a sales company. Nothing really exceptional.

The company did a survey of employees and the C-level management seemed surprised people felt they were out-of-touch. Their response to that feedback was very slow.

Dec 18, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

We want to be a good place to work and try to reflect that in all that we do. We set very high standards for ourselves and understand your disappointment if something was handled contrary to our... More

8. "Locum physician"

Current Employee - Physician in Auburn, AL
    Current Employee - Physician in Auburn, AL

I have been working at CompHealth part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy to work with

Cons

No problems with this company

Dec 5, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

We're glad you are having a good experience working with us. Good luck on your future assignments.

"Put in the WORK & Reap the REWARD"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CompHealth is one of the most people-focused companies that I have ever worked for. We are never short on perks, parties, personal recognition, free swag and food, or on amazing benefits (health, 401K matching, etc.). Keep in mind, however, that the people who work here are expected to keep up with a fast-paced, sales-driven work environment, as well as maintain heavy and rigorous workloads. The work ethic and ethical code of conduct that is expected of employees by our Executive team has shaped CompHealth into an industry-leading company with a plethora of wonderful employees. If you are willing to put in the work here, you will absolutely reap the rewards.

Cons

There are not many prominent "Cons" to working at CompHealth. As with any company, you need to avoid the cliques and gossip as much as possible, as some weeks they both run rampant with how many people work here. Refrain from participating in either of those (as hard as it may be) and you will avoid a lot of headaches.

Advice to Management

We have such an abundance of amazing conference rooms - when having confidential/crucial conversations with other leaders, or with your people, please use a conference room instead of holding the conversation in a public area. It would greatly increase confidentiality and help others around you not to be put into uncomfortable situations.

Oct 26, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Glad you are having a good experience and enjoying your job here. You offer some great advice about confidential conversations, they should definitely be happening in conference rooms although at... More

"Physician Recruiter"

I have been working at CompHealth full-time

Pros

Great income opportunities for recruiters

Cons

If you did well with high school drama your odds of success are great.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback from employees more. Have bi-partisan one on ones where the questions asked are from someone who doesn't know or have to work with your leaders.

Nov 5, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Great suggestion about one-on-ones with those outside your immediate team. Thanks for posting.