CompHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Beck
1 Rating

Pros
  • Work-life balance is very important to CompHealth (in 5 reviews)

• Great benefits package, many perks, great people, beautiful work space overlooking the valley (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They preach work/life balance and putting people first (in 3 reviews)

• debilitating stress, under paid, no work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Excellent company!"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent communication during interview, credentialing process. Thorough support while on assignment.

Cons

I found no downsides during the entire experience.

2. "Hospitalist"

Former Employee - Hospitalist in Sanford, ME
    Former Employee - Hospitalist in Sanford, ME

Pros

Locum. Locum locum locum flexible work any time you want claim travel awards meet new people enjoy different parts of country

Cons

Locum temporary temporary non benefits own health and retirement may not get adequate hours have to be flex and be available for holidays

3. "MSS"

Current Employee - Mss Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Mss Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great. There is a desire to help you find something you are looking for and keep you within the company.

Cons

The pay is on the lower side, feels like the perks of working here are mostly for the sales reps.

5. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is such a great company to work for. I have the largest base salary I have ever had as a sale woman. They truly value their employees inside and outside of work.

Cons

Competing with your team is tough. Rules of engagement could improve.

"Hospital Privileging"

Current Employee - Hospital Privileging Coordinator in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Hospital Privileging Coordinator in Draper, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is flexible with your work schedule after six months and you have shown dedication. They have good intentions to provide an office with open feedback to managers and employees.

Cons

They say business partners are equal with sales but that isn't true. Sales run the company and you work things for months only to make somebody else a commission. If you don't share the companies "culture" then you won't fit in. Almost everybody pretends to drink from the same kool-aid but in reality everyone is putting on a fake face to try and move up.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your business partners. A one week out of the year celebration isn't enough. You know what they say, money talks!

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Search Consultant in Norwalk, CT

Pros

Management is Great, the focus is continuous employee development and growth.

Cons

No annual Salary Raises.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make decent money here and they do have some fun perks including a gym on site and a medical office onsite.

Cons

Incredibly micro Managed. Compared to what you make the company, you make very little. Maximum of 3.9% and usually around 2%

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring good reps and then let them do what you hired them to do instead of micro managing it all. Also when reps hit their metrics dont keep pushing or make them sit around until the day is over

9. "CompHealth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with an excellent culture

Cons

Satellite office with limited growth potential for Sr. executives

Advice to Management

Great management staff. Keep up the great work.

"Physician Recruiter"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Nice amenities such as an onsite gym and clinic. Team lead was an outstanding person and very ethical. A few of my co-workers were decent people. They genuinely attempt to create a positive atmosphere.

Cons

Where to begin... First, in this role, you are not initally aware that your business essentially depends on your relationship with your client reps as they are responsible to ultimately close your business, a very socialistic form of selling. You have control up to the point of finding a good doctor for the right job, but have to pass them off in order to get them confirmed for the assignment. This is more challenging when other reps you compete against inherit a book of established doctors and you receive just one. Client reps essentially run the show. If your relationship with them is good this functions quite well. If it doesn't, for whatever reason, then good luck! But say you do get confirmation- then hope your doctors actually complete their assignments. Fall off will affect your numbers and can be brutal. This happens even if you are following the company pre-qualifying protocols. Perhaps the second annoyance is the pseudo-pep rally atmosphere. We get that it is a challenging, even stressful atmosphere. Do we really need to act like this is a junior high pep rally? Saccharine to say the least. You compete with your co-workers for the same doctors and this creates a cut-throat environment. Management praises you when you have success and finds nothing but fault if your business takes a sharp turn due fall-off or client reps who prefer to work with more-established team members. There was misleading information about how long you have to turn around your business if you are put on a performance improvement plan (PIP). I was told that you have plenty of time- in the ball park of a two months. This simply wasn't true as the moment I was put on a plan I was fighting for my job week after week. Not a very helpful prospect when one is trying to support a family. Client reps on our team had notoriously bad attitudes but were able to retain their roles with minimal discipline. Unfortunately, your success in this role depends on whether these client reps decide to push your doctors or not.

Advice to Management

Please be upfront with candidates about this position during the interview process. For instance, it's great to emphasize that this is team selling, but it would have been nice to know that you are actually competing with more established reps for the same doctors. Also, please be upfront about how long a person has to turn around their business once they are on a performance improvement plan. People would like to know what their real prospects are if they get to this point. For instance, will I be fighting for my job each week (which was reality) as opposed to the false information that I would have about two months to turn things around if I ever reached that point.

11. "stable and secure environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good support system. Not always felt from corporate in the smaller permanent placement offices

Cons

communication and understanding of the different divisions of recruiting.

Advice to Management

take time to speak with individuals in local offices to better understand.