CompHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
CompHealth President Lisa Grabl
Lisa Grabl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They mean it when they say you deserve work life balance, they will make sure you get to do the family things you want and need to do" (in 6 reviews)

• "The recruiter stays in touch and support staff (benefits department, etc) has always been available" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Anxiety is common and work/life balance doesn’t exist" (in 8 reviews)

• "Putting people first is a loose moniker, at best" (in 4 reviews)

"Senior Coordinator with 5 years tenure"

Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits aimed at taking care of their people
    Work hard, play hard atmosphere
    Open space/unique workplace

Cons

High stress/high stakes
    Sales vs Administrative mentality is still strong
    In-house benefits seem to only go to sales people, while hourly employees rarely have the opportunity to take advantage of the campus.

"Hard job, stressful, but worth it."

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership listens and communicates pretty well with everyone. They really make an effort to improve where needed.

Cons

We hire managers outside of the company, why we do that is beyond me. Managers who've never used Salesforce or worked with physicians, but somehow they're supposed to train me.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring sales managers from outside CHG. Upper leadership sure I guess, but not sales leaders, it doesn't help.

3. "Staffing Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people - you can make like long friends here. The sense of trust & loyalty and knowing my clients come to me to make a difference in their communities. It is very rewarding knowing I've helped their patients be treated and when we can't fill their need, I feel responsible to help them and want to always do better.

Cons

Having to be redundant with every sales rep & sales manager - communication & training is lacking. I'm over hearing we've grown too big too fast and sometimes it feels like a free for all. Using the system when I started to enter information & notes on every action taken against the account was mandated not an option to not. Today this isn't done on most if not all sales teams and it's frustrating to know what is actually happening....my thought is use the system in your benefit - let it be your memory so you don't have to store it all in your mind. Plus it will help you be more successful in your daily business and if you happen not to make it to work for whatever reasons, others can pick up exactly where you left off keeping our business moving forward.

Advice to Management

Gather facts first before jumping to conclusions - evaluate the facts to come to a win-win for all parties involved. Know the day to day details of making this business run. Most in management do not understand this and can be very deflating for someone who has been here 8+ years. I believe management would be more beneficial to their team members if they were actually on a desk/sales first for at least 2 years to understand exactly what it takes to do this job and most importantly be successful. You cannot learn it over night. We want to be able to look up to our managers to gain advice & confidence but it's really hard to do when they simply do not understand what it takes to survive here.

Oct 2, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for sharing. We will pass this on to the division leaders.

4. "Physician Recruiter"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a better than average benefits package, but not nearly as great as they claim it to be.

Cons

If you are in the sales division/Recruiting division the company is awful. The stress is unreal, and you will be put a productivity plan almost immediately after training. The company feels like they own a good percentage of the market and with having such name recognition all sales reps are expendable. Most reps are new because all seasoned reps eventually get put on a plan and let go. The company likes this because then they can take the business that representative had and divide it up to other reps which then saves the company a lot in commissions by not having to pay one successful rep. Management is awful, they rule by fear and try to get production through scaring reps that they will be let go. They claim to have work life balance, but are always reminding you that if you are not where they want you to be that it would be smart for you to stay longer hours and make more calls. I could go on and on. I would ever recommend anyone to work for the company in a sales/recruiting role. I can't say anything about the other divisions.

Advice to Management

Management has received tons of advice over the years which they do not listen to. They need a complete overhaul on how they treat employees and how they run the money making part of the company. Sad.

5. "Staffing Consultant"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people they hire are at the core of the great employee experience I have. We have a culture of caring and putting people first at the center. The work we do impacts patients lives and I'm happy being a part of that and making a difference in the communities we serve.

Cons

In the SL-Allied division it is not as rewarding in the long run because when you build a large book you become limited in your earning potential because you are required of doing more volume of business year/year, which is normal. So I would suggest starting in SL-Allied, then transferring to Locums after you complete your first year in sales.

Advice to Management

Fix the CompHealth SL-Allied compensation plans to be more transparent like the rest of the company has it. It is unfair and defeats the opportunity of someone holding on for the long-haul to become a greater contributor to CompHealth acquiring more of the market share in the Allied Health specialties.

Aug 23, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

6. "Keep improving CompHealth!"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Search Consultant in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Work life balance
    -Low stress job
    -Good health benefits
    -Friendly fun environment
    -Helpful employees

Cons

-Very low base salary and unfair commission structure. Very hard to make a comfortable salary.
    -Senior leadership focuses attention on certain employees, acting goofy and joking around daily with a selected handful. They walk around the office and chat to these selected favorites daily and constantly throughout the work day. This has lost them credibility and respect. It kills morale and makes it uncomfortable for others to watch. Treat all equally! Act like leaders and stop clowning around with the immature low performing 20 year olds.
    -Poor quality of work. While quantity is important in this company, the quality of what is submitted to clients and candidates makes CompHealth look very unprofessional. It is a shame as one of their core values is professionalism.

Advice to Management

Act like leaders and not clowns. Keep training the leaders. Be careful who you promote into leadership roles. Leaders need to stop promoting people just so they can move up the ranks.

Aug 23, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback and your longevity here. We will pass what you shared on to our leadership team.

"Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The amenities are fantastic with an amazing gym, an executive chef, and a beautiful new building. Comphealth invests in every new employee by giving top notch training through their CORE program. Preparing each sales representative for success. There are truly amazing people who work there that believe in the culture of “Putting People First.”

Cons

The culture has turned sour and sales reps are afraid to speak freely about how they truly feel. The organization will send out an employee engagement survey company wide to receive “anonymous” feedback. Which isn’t very anonymous, when you have individuals receiving repercussions over the views shared in the survey, and leaders are called into question about why their reps are giving them low reviews. The company has not achieved the results that they anticipated over the past 2 years and those on the sales floor can feel the pressure. There is a problem of work-life balance which several reps are on antidepressants, and are miserable. The business is very difficult because of all of the uncontrollable situations that come with each assignment. Managements answer is to every problem is to make more calls. (Texts and emails don’t count)

Group think is a huge problem within the organization and no one challenges the current status quo, “this is how we do things here.” The leadership in the organization has become more about auditing reports and meeting with other leaders then bringing any type of sales value to the team. One of the top complaints from the reps is that my leader is never around to help.

Micromanagement has become the norm within each group, with sales leaders hovering asking for updates throughout the day to report back to their managers.

Advice to Management

*Give HR the ability to make positive changes / recommendations when they are well aware of several issues that persist on specific teams.
    *Trust your people on the front lines, they have many of the answers to the problems you face.
    *Take a hard look at the senior leadership team, they set the tone for the sales floor. It may be appropriate to move leadership around to different teams to gain a new perspective. (If you have stagnant growth for years and have the same managers in place, it may be your leaders.)
    *Be transparent with your teams, about what is going on. From the executive level to the sales floor communication has been terrible.

Aug 23, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for sharing. We will pass your feedback on to our leadership team.

8. "Feel Appreciated"

Current Employee - Level II Coordinator in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Level II Coordinator in Midvale, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are taken care of!
    Fantastic perks in our building--- Gym, Yoga Studio, Free onsite clinic, cafeteria, small store, game room, large courtyard, ect..
    Caring employees!
    Any job with CompHealth is part of a greater good! Patient care!
    Fun activities throughout the year.
    Feel appreciated.
    They mean it when they say you deserve work life balance, they will make sure you get to do the family things you want and need to do. Work is important but family comes first. You wont be a good employee without the love and support of your family and friends.

Cons

Although they pay well and you get increases often, their raise structure makes very little sense in leveling up.
    High stress at times.
    Some nepotism is seem -- but where isn't it?

Advice to Management

Think more about the raise structure and when you raise the hiring wage you must give current employees more. We need to feel more important that someone new walking in the door. Also we need to feel important for accomplishing a level up. The current structure does not make you feel important when leveling, ESPECIALLY when its so HARD to do.

Aug 8, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Great feedback, thank you for sharing. We will pass it on.

9. "Putting profits over people"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Midvale, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Onsite gym
    -Cafeteria
    -Scaling PTO with tenure

Cons

-Poor work life balance: you will think about the stress and anxiety of the requirements of the job in and out of work - you are expected to deal with "locums" emergencies at any hour of the day and on weekends or your book of business could be effected because of it
    -2/3 of the employees are on anxiety or anti depressant medications because of the toxic work environment and growing metric expectations (metrics increase even when the market as a whole is struggling - you are set up for failure and they will just take your book of business and distribute it to the rest of your team if you can't keep up, but they won't have to pay your salary or benefits; win win for comphealth!)
    -Management plays favorites with reps and will bend core value requirements for certain employees. Integrity/ethics is a thin core value as only some employees are held to that standard. If you cheat or are dishonest and are a top performer, they will happily turn a blind eye to there "no exceptions to integrity violations policy"
    -Consistently downgraded commission structures despite double digit growth within the company - salary is poor and after 18 months you make significantly less pay
    -Uneven commission structures from team to team (high gross margin teams are paid out more than low GM teams, you don't really have a choice which team you are on)
    -Lateral movement in the company is not supported if your team isn't meeting a budget (you can't decide what team you're on when you are hired, so buckle up with the luck of the draw you get)
    -If you are accused of anything negative, you will not get a fair due process

Advice to Management

-Stop playing favorites
    -Fire dishonest employees even if they bring in GM (they will destroy your teams' morale in the long run)
    -Give fair due process
    -Scale metrics around market trends
    -Give free mental healthcare to all employees, they will need it
    -Even the commission structures amongst all teams and understand that some teams have much harder markets than others (and it's not a reflection of your employees' abilities if they can't succeed in inundated conditions)

Sep 18, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass it on to CompHealth's leadership team.

"Don’t count on them p"

Former Employee - Physician in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Physician in Anaheim, CA

I worked at CompHealth part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None none none none nonr

Cons

Don’t count on CompHealth to get it right. Reps come and go so it’s a matter of chance whether you get anyone helpful. Plus they have a 2 year non-compete clause in their contract. So if you enjoy the place you are assigned but have trouble with CompHealth it will cost you a lot of money to work remain there.

Advice to Management

Supervise your agents

Jul 17, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for your feedback. We have the lowest turnover rate in the industry but occasionally reps do leave. I'm sorry if you had a rep leave and that impacted your work.