Critical TechWorks Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

211.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Critical TechWorks~2142740
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

U

Sep 1, 2021 - Exterminator in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

It had its ups and

2 people found this review helpful

Happiness Director

Hey Exterminator! Thanks for writing a post and for feeling that we're a great place to work!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice company

May 25, 2022 - Senior Safety Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

For sure one of the best places to work in Portugal

Cons

It is nor a full time at home, but it is important to go some days to he office (minimum 2); Portugal salary level

3. 5.0

Awesome

May 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Independence - Collaborative and relaxed environment - Very transparent and direct when it came to matters of salary and what characteristics they were looking for in order to improve my standing with the company - The office building in Porto is great, free cafeteria in the top floor with view of the city

Cons

- Somewhat slow when we requested a change of project

Critical TechWorks Response

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review your journey at Critical TechWorks. It feels great to know you had a positive experience. The pros you've described tell us we are on the right track, as they are a big part of who we are as a company. We'll use this feedback to grow and improve. Cheers!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Company with Lot of Autonomy and space to grow

May 20, 2022 - Rockstar Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autononomy, Agile , Lot of opportunities to learn and grow, flexibility and perks

Cons

As of now there is nothing

5. 3.0

Excelent for beginners

Mar 9, 2022 - Scrum Master
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excelent environment, agile driven, nice office, I liked the core values. Really good company for junior developers. The best masterchef in the world.

Cons

Lack of support at early stages. They give you a sword to battle against the enemy but when you call the army they say "no thanks!". Carreer oportunities are foggy. Flat organization sometimes means no one is actually acountable for the problems. Happiness should work for the unahappy as well, you know what I mean. Benefits are made just for a small segment of the company (most of them).

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company, needs to update payment

Apr 23, 2022 - Rockstar Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good environment, from attention to employees to office quality, as well as work-life balance

Cons

Compensation did not keep up over the last few years, which meant that a lot of good employees moved to better paying companies

2 people found this review helpful

Critical TechWorks Response

Hello! We appreciate your review. It's great to know you've had a nice experience at Critical TechWorks and enjoyed being part of our team. Ensuring people feel valued and are properly rewarded is really important to us. Currently, our salaries are within the industry standard and we always look to recognize and reward greatness through our compensation and benefits policy. Thank you!

7. 5.0

Great experience

May 17, 2022 - Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and great work-life balance

Cons

None that I can think of

Critical TechWorks Response

Hello! Thank you for your review. It's awesome to know you've had a positive experience at Critical TechWorks and enjoyed our culture. We wish you all the best in the future!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I'd work there again, but needs improvement

Apr 21, 2022 - Software Developer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has great people and cool projects, all related to the BMW Group. Of course, since it's a big company, it all depends on which unit/team you'll be assigned to, but in my case, I had a good experience with my colleagues. The technology stack was the best in the market, I learned a lot and the work/life balance was always good enough. The company provides a lot of benefits and there is no micromanagement, I really felt the autonomy during all my time there and worked in a real scrum/agile environment. I would say CTW is a perfect company to start your career, they will respect your pace and I don't think a lot of companies will do the same for you.

Cons

There is no real meritocracy in the company, they try to create a comfortable space all the time that will accommodate in a bad way many people. And if you work and deliver more than these people, the company doesn't really care. When you demonstrate you can deliver more, you'll receive more responsibility but will not see significant increases in your income. Compliments are not enough to retain and recognize good talents, especially if there are a lot of outdated seniors developers doing less and receiving more.

7 people found this review helpful

Critical TechWorks Response

Hi! We appreciate your review and all the constructive suggestions. It makes us happy to know you've enjoyed your journey at Critical TechWorks. Even if we can't please everybody in every department, we strive to improve in all areas and the pros you described tell us we are on the right path. Providing a good and Agile work environment, where everybody can feel like they have room to develop and grow, and respecting the work/personal life balance will always be key for us. You suggest that there is an absence of meritocracy and people are accomodated in a bad way. We believe that our flat hierarchy and the autonomous mindset you've described allow every team member to keep progressing and evolve with great ideas and great work, which we always try to reward through our benefits and compensation policy. Of course, we are not perfect: every system has its flaws. We'll use your feedback to get better! Maybe one day we'll see each other again! Thank you.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good as a first Job terrible if you want professional / challenging projects

Apr 29, 2022 - Scrum Knight in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work environment - Office - Cafeteria has somes food available

Cons

- Managers / HoI are imcompetent to say the least - Salaries are outdated - BMW supposedly benefits are a joke

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Apr 19, 2022 - Frontend Developer in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life Balance, Commited to the Culture, Good effort on giving all the tools necessary to form good people

Cons

Maybe the Salaries should be higher

Critical TechWorks Response

Hello, colleague! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always love to know our colleagues are enjoying their time at CTW and it's great to read that you feel like you are given the proper tools to grow as a person and a professional. That's what we strive for! Our current salaries are within the industry standard and we always look to further reward our colleagues through our compensation and benefits policy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews

Critical TechWorks Reviews FAQs

Critical TechWorks has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Critical TechWorks to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Critical TechWorks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Critical TechWorks. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

90% of Critical TechWorks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Critical TechWorks 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Critical TechWorks to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Critical TechWorks Job Seekers