KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

61% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 58 of over 59 reviews

3.4
CrossCheck President and CEO J. David Siembieda (no image)
J. David Siembieda

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people I work with are amazing and I appreciate the laid back atmosphere as well which allows us to collaborate and finish projects together.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Good company, nice people to work with, good location, clean work environment they even play classical music while you pee or poo.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great Benefits(in 4 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule(in 3 reviews)
  • "Adequate training and the ability to sell with your own personality.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "1. Low wages; hasn't given raises to non executive staff since 2008.(in 3 reviews)
  • "management is awful, work is awful, the restrictions of the job are awful.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CrossCheck and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It’s okay for the pay

Dec 3, 2021 - Recruiter in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Management Location Friendly company culture

Cons

No remote options available and low pay

CrossCheck Response

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from both current and former employees. It appears the compensation offered for the position you were in unfortunately did not meet your expectation. We regularly review compensation to confirm it is competitive in the area and industry and will continue to do so. Thanks again for your feedback.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Don't do it

Jul 20, 2022 - Account Executive in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, monthly company social events, and semi-good benefits.

Cons

If you are hoping to get into sales and learn outdated sales methodology, be subjected to micro-management, and an unprofessional work environment then this job is for you.

CrossCheck Response

I'm sorry you feel this way. Our sales methodology and technique has been successful for many employees for the entire time we have been in business. Often times our management team works side by side those employees that made need additional help and/or training. Hopefully, that was not miss-interpreted as micro-managing and any unprofessionalism was reported to Human Resources as we take pride in providing a professional work environment at all times for all of our employees. Thank you for the feedback.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awful company

May 23, 2022 - Account Executive in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food/company socials once a month

Cons

micromanagement, not great pay, rude bosses, dying company and no work/life balance.

CrossCheck Response

I'm sorry you feel this way. CrossCheck is actually not a dying company. We offer a service that many businesses have a need for. Sales can be frustrating at times with any product and is not for everyone ; there are highs and lows in any sales cycle. Perseverance generally is the key to getting through the low times. Please feel free to stop by and discuss with HR. Thanks!

4. 1.0

DONT APPLY

Apr 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly nothing, nothing at all.

Cons

bullies, bad pay, dying company

CrossCheck Response

It's unfortunate to hear that you were not happy at CrossCheck. CrossCheck is a thriving local company that has been in business for 38 years. There are many positive things at CrossCheck including regularly reviewing compensation to confirm it is competitive in the area/industry and providing an environment that is positive for all of our employees. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from both current and former employees.

5. 3.0

Good company

Feb 8, 2022 - Account Executive in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for the most part

Cons

High turnover for sales associates

CrossCheck Response

Thank you for your feedback.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

None

Oct 17, 2021 - Sales Representative in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly boss, friendly coworkers and clean environment

Cons

It was hard to make money by selling check guarantee services.

CrossCheck Response

Thank you for the positive feedback related to management, coworkers and our clean environment. Though selling Check Guarantee can be a challenging task, many of our Account Executives are able to close deals quite well. We continuously review our training program to confirm it provides the necessary training for our employees to be successful. Check Guarantee is still an important product for a number of industries, such as automobile dealers and building supply among others. We look forward to offering our services for many years to come. Thanks again for your feedback.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

CrossCheck Lacks Organization

Oct 21, 2021 - Junior Full Stack Developer in East Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is Chill and there are some cool people

Cons

Lack Organization and there are a few temperamental men!

CrossCheck Response

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from both current and former employees. It is important to us that all employees work in a positive/productive work environment. We hear your advice and will look into making changes as needed. Thank you!

8. 4.0

Great place to work

Apr 26, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and great leaders

Cons

They need to increase the pay.

CrossCheck Response

I would agree that we have great leaders and are able to offer flexible hours. It appears the compensation offered for the position you were in unfortunately did not meet your expectation. We regularly review compensation to confirm it is competitive in the area and industry. Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from both current and former employees.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Apr 17, 2021 - MAC Analyst in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before working remotely due to covid, I loved working at the office. Everyone there is fun to work with, there were monthly socials, halloween events, a game room and cornhole out back. It was a fun place to work and I'll miss it.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

1 person found this review helpful

CrossCheck Response

Thanks for the positive review. We strive to make our workplace a fun and positive work environment for everyone. We look forward to having everyone return to the office soon. Thanks again.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Awful

Apr 9, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Petaluma, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

not much, really don’t waste your time.

Cons

micro management, disabled discrimination, you’re just a number

CrossCheck Response

I'm sorry you feel this way. We continuously strive towards offering a work environment that is positive for everyone regardless of any disability. Our employees are very important to us. We recognize the value of each and every one and are proud to have many long-term employees that have been with the Company well over ten years.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews
</>Embed

CrossCheck Reviews FAQs

CrossCheck has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at CrossCheck to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CrossCheck employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CrossCheck. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

61% of CrossCheck employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CrossCheck 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CrossCheck to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.