CrossCheck Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great, relaxed"

Former Employee - Retail Systems Support Representative in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Systems Support Representative in Petaluma, CA

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laidback office culture, the people are nice and friendly

Cons

Slow, but it is the nature of the work

Advice to Management

Keep on rockin

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I worked at CrossCheck full-time

Pros

A lot of company activities and events
    Lunch room is very nice
    Nice location and building
    Good people

Cons

High turnover at front line and even at management/lower level exec. levels
    Lots of change without a consistent strategic vision

Advice to Management

Needs improvement on career path development

3. "Good for foot in the door"

Former Employee - Telesales in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Telesales in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in two sales departments at Crosscheck. The training was great and expectatuons were made very clear. While in my employment there I learned many things that have immensely helped me in my later career. I was laid off when they decided to stop selling the product that I sold.

Cons

HR and upper management reads all IMs. So be careful what you write. Also it IS a call center so jib stability is performance based, not only for your own perfirmance but your entire team.

Advice to Management

When deciding to close a department you might consider keeping your top performers in thise departments and moving them elsewhere rather than losing good closers because a priduct did not work out.

4. "Loved working for CrossCheck"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at CrossCheck (More than 3 years)

Pros

CrossCheck recognizes those employees who work hard and are interested in career growth. I had the opportunity of expanding into several different roles while there, which kept me positively challenged. They also offer their employees excellent benefits and incentives not offered by your typical employer, along with being extremely involved with helping the local community.

Cons

As with most employers in this geographical area, it is always a struggle to find and keep beneficial long-term employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to look out for your employees as you have always done in the past. It sets you apart.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic work environment, good people.

Cons

Not a con but be prepared to apply a work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.

"Company is moving forward- needs better pay"

Current Employee - Employee in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at CrossCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I see some reviews here complaining of product shelf life. Either these are old or people aren't paying attention; They have already opened credit card services under Constant Processing and are currently hiring reps in TX and sales mgr in Petaluma and likely in Petaluma to continue moving from checks and gaining a future. People still don't realize there are a lot of merchants that still primarily take checks and these are mostly within the auto industry and business to business companies, which are still check heavy for AP.
    Schedule is often flexible unless you're in customer service. Maybe collections. Most mgr's are friendly enough or try to be. The time off and vacation are acceptable.
    Quite a high level of security. No one gets in without a badge or temp badge with an ID.

Cons

They offer low pay for industry standard in some departments, which is even known by other companies! The benefits are bottom of the barrel. There seems to be too many VPs. Some are very nice and seem like they work hard and some seem like they only want to boss people around. High than VP management are very unapproachable. There is definite nepotism going on. The move to Credit Card coverage will likely shut down some departments. Claims I doubt would exist - a declined card is a declined card no doubt.
    Also hard to move into other departments. The interview process is very unclear and informal. They sometimes make up things instead of saying the position is closed or held for a family member. They have actually advertised they don't typically give standard yearly raises yet you get reviews. The database they use is very limited and archaic. Unlikely it will hold up over time and won't transition well to Credit Card Processing.
    They have too young/inexperienced people working in the recruiting department.
    High attrition in collections and customer service.
    Security can be a con as well. Night or weekend security is downright rude and confrontational, so if you aren't schedule to work and leave something,even if its important they won't let you in. There are so many cameras- its a wonder what they are even using them for. Sometimes not enough parking or spaces are too narrow.

Advice to Management

Ask employees how they feel about policies etc (whether anonymous or direct). Better pay and better training as well. Needs some kind of management training program.

"Great Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Collections Agent/Compliance Clerk in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Collections Agent/Compliance Clerk in Petaluma, CA

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience at Crosscheck, grest atmosphere, even better people. Most people are intimidated by the executives in the office. Who isn't though. However, once you put the time in to get to know the executives they are great individuals who care about their employees and their well being . Culture in the office is great, work hard play hard atmosphere. Everyone knows they have work to put in to meet their goals and everyone for the most part does. Everyone is more than friendly and made my time there a great experience. Couldn't of asked for a better company to start my working career.

Cons

Effort = achievement.. If you put the work into the job the rewards are boundless with the bonus opportunity. Not an easy job for the shy/timid individual considering the consumer interaction involved.

Advice to Management

Make yourselves more approachable to the everyday employee. Interaction is key! Do this by taking advantage of the socials and other events presented to the office. Perhaps drop into every extension of the office now and then to let your employees know you are aware of their efforts and achievements to help the company grow and advance in the collections world. Other than that you are great individuals that have their sights set high for the company. Great job!

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at CrossCheck (More than a year)

Pros

Base + Great commission structure.
    Residual plan available after reaching certain thresholds.
    Beautiful office.
    Adequate training and the ability to sell with your own personality.

Cons

At the end of the day this is a sales job. Must put the effort in to make the sales. This opportunity truly is a numbers game.

9. "Consumer Relations"

Former Employee - Consumer Relations in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Consumer Relations in Petaluma, CA

I worked at CrossCheck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Competitive Wage, Opportunity for growth, friendly personnel, monthly socials, competitive environment,

Cons

Working with unhappy debtors,

Advice to Management

continue to make sure employees are taken care of.

"Only if you must...."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at CrossCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits after 1 month, decent office space, friendly coworkers

Cons

Training: You get one week of training that amounts to nothing more than you being encouraged to read and gain product knowledge, and a lot of motivational speeches. Aside from that you will get accustomed to their preferred greeting and learn a few common objections that you get and how to overcome them. After that you are on your own. No additional coaching or training will be provided.

Leads: You get all cold contacts. Approximately a quarter of those contacts will be disconnected. Warm and hot leads go to the three (yes three) supervisors.

Supervisors: They don't really supervise much. Yes, they will answer your questions if you have one but expect for them to be annoyed before doing so. They don't provide coaching, they don't critique calls to help you succeed. They essentially are just there to open and close the building.

Product: Let's face it, you are selling an all but dead product. No one writes checks anymore.

Pay: You get paid 13/hr base plus commissions BUT don't expect to ever see the commissions. After talking to several of my coworkers I realized that there were SEVERAL employees in the building who had worked there for six months+ and had only closed one deal. Typically you know, in sales, that you have to keep your head motivated in order to be successful - and my positive attitude remained for my duration of employment but I must admit it is hard. You will get hung up on often, you will get the common statement "We don't take checks" or its variant "no one writes checks anymore" . And you will be frustrated to no end.

Advice to Management

Try to get into the plastic (credit card processing) business soon. Its increasingly hard to push check-guarantee services in these times. Also get those "supervisors" to actually coach and come alongside the new agents.