CyberCore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Myers

1. "Great company and great people!"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

CyberCore is a great company and has great people! There have been many positive changes over the past year and it shows! Employee engagement is high. Great culture and environment. Management is encouraging open communication between departments.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "I love my job! Great place to work!"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I reach close to my 1 year anniversary, it was a great move that I made coming to CyberCore Technologies. The employees of CyberCore are dedicated and some of the most respected I have had the honor of working with in Industry. Team work is key as well as employee engagement is important to the company. I love seeing the company grow and can't wait to see what the next years bring.

Cons

Do not have any to report at this time.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work.

3. "Systems Engineer"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well compensated, great HR/Services team that genuinely cares about employees, lots of opportunities

Cons

Not a prime, so they don't have much hiring authority. Also, they don't really have a bench so if you're between contracts you'll be unemployed

5. "A great company that is continuing to make its mark in the Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that does large business caliber of work. Everyone pulls together to accomplish a mission that is clearly laid out. If you are a good worker, management will let you do your thing and not interfere. They know if you are getting the work done, they don't necessarily care how you get it done.

They have great company parties i.e. holiday parties, orioles outing, summer picnics, happy hours, etc.

The company has continued to grow since 2000 and it is nice to see the year over year growth whether it be more employees here or overall revenue increasing.

I have been on the billable side and the corporate with the company. Both have strong upsides. Tough to decipher which is better.

Cons

The one minor downside is, since we are a small company (by employee standpoint) there should be more messages sent out from the upper management team. The worker bees would like to know the future, the vision, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue the strong course of direction but give everyone feedback and provide adequate communication!

"If you bring in money, you're ok"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

Pay well in relation to other companies.

Cons

Will lie to you and if you come off contract, you are an obligation to them and they will stick you in another part of the building to tell you that you're cut. Don't get injured or ill while working here because their disability benefits stink.

Have to love a company that sells that security is in their blood, but has poor security practices within their corporate structure. I pointed out on several occasions some serious issues and I was treated like I was stupid and the issues were swept under the rug.

Advice to Management

Create a real company with real goals and not just a reseller who dabbles in a few contracts for personal gain.

"Why?"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

Your experience is based on what you make for yourself. Salary can be attractive. They leave you alone if keep your mouth shut. Paycheck shows up on time biweekly.

Cons

This is truly a body shop. You as an employee exist to bill a client for your time—nothing more, nothing less. The VA office has become top-heavy, with a disproportionate number of staffers to active employees, which only exacerbates the pressure, if your position ends expect to be terminated. Forget about career paths or advancement— those assurances are only touted to recruit.
    People with no authority or purpose were there only because they knew how to "play the game" and put themselves in a position of power. Management operated like a "good ol' boys club" and hired people because of their relationship, not merit. Favoritism and nepotism are rampant, along with bending the rules and eliminating others to accommodate their needs.
    Blockbuster profits coupled with layoffs and no raises for employees this year.

Advice to Management

Reverse the pattern of taking away pay, benefits, and activities for field employees. Clean house of overhead at corporate. Stop the nepotism.

"If you are looking for a company that pays well and you expect nothing else then this is the place for you"

Former Employee - Contractor in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Contractor in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company pays well (however see benefits comment below)

Cons

Be prepared to be just another number if you are a contractor
    No career options once your contract is up
    No real interaction or sense of belonging
    Benefits were changed drastically for 2014 for the worse

Advice to Management

Reassess the way you do business on the "people" side of the house and don't forget the people that got you to where you are today.

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees are in the field, which gives you alot of independence. Salaries are good. Benefits about average for this size company.

Cons

Mostly a subcontractor to larger firms like CSC and Northrop Grumman. That puts in a position of having supervisors who work for other companies and the supervisor at Cybercore has no idea what you do.

Advice to Management

Don't lose site of where you come from as you grow to challenge the big boys.

""Body in a seat" company"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are great. No mandatory meetings. HR is very helpful.

Cons

Professional growth is not a priority. Field staff are isolated, and "forgotten".

"Good Company"

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

nothing that comes to mind or stands out