CyberCore Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Mike Myers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good stepping stone company"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

Willing to send you to school to gain more knowledge

Cons

Does not have collaboration from home office

2. "Great Company"

Pros

I've been with CyberCore for almost 3 years and they have been very supportive and helpful in my career advancement and educational pursuits.

Cons

Administration of the health insurance is tedious.

3. "Superb company"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits
    Good communication with employees
    Company events

Cons

. . . . .

4. "Great company and great people!"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

CyberCore is a great company and has great people! There have been many positive changes over the past year and it shows! Employee engagement is high. Great culture and environment. Management is encouraging open communication between departments.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Small company feel that went away but slowly returning"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Events and all-hands meetings to keep employees (most who work at remote sites) connected to main office staff. Pay rates among the highest among similar companies. I pretty much started my IT career there. Annual holiday party and summer event is a nice benefit that many companies don't do anymore.

Cons

Mentorship is next to nothing. If you're a senior level employee who doesn't need mentorship, this is a great company since they pay very well. However, if you're new or mid-level and looking for guidance and how to keep your career moving up, there is no guidance or mentorship. That might be because 90% of the employees work outside the office so there is little connection with other CCT employees. They reimburse tuition and training costs but they do not provide any guidance on how to get training or what training for leveling up. They also have very limited contracts to work on as they are subs on just about every contract, which is limited to mostly CSRA (CSC) or EA. Anytime I wanted to change positions, I had to find them myself from other companies and then have my Cybercore rep work with the prime on rates so I could stay with CCT on the new position. Health benefits cost are worst of any other companies I've looked at but I'm told by CCT that it's par with other companies.

Advice to Management

While mgmt has done satisfaction surveys and requests for improvements, they do not seem to take action on any of the survey results. They've recently changed president and leadership so hopefully she makes it a priority to grow the company's people and not just focus on increasing profits like the previous guy. My first several years with CCT, my POC changed many times. It's been hard to maintain a relationship with corporate which is not good for employee growth.

6. "I love my job! Great place to work!"

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I reach close to my 1 year anniversary, it was a great move that I made coming to CyberCore Technologies. The employees of CyberCore are dedicated and some of the most respected I have had the honor of working with in Industry. Team work is key as well as employee engagement is important to the company. I love seeing the company grow and can't wait to see what the next years bring.

Cons

Do not have any to report at this time.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work.

7. "9 years and counting"

Current Employee - Telephony Engineer
    Current Employee - Telephony Engineer

Pros

CyberCore is a great company. In a environment where it is not uncommon to jump from company to company. I have been with CyberCore for more then nine years and do not plan in leaving anytime soon. They have been more then supportive in every aspect of my career. Whether it is has been backing me in promotion request or being supportive with personal issues. They are very aware of ways to push you further in your career. Just this past year they were integral in me obtaining certain certifications that are mandatory for my position. Since Ive been here nine years many different situations have come up in my personal and professional life. CyberCore has always made it easy and comfortable to address these issues with the great corporate office support staff.

Cons

I do not use CyberCore health insurance but Im told that it could use a revamp.

8. "Systems Engineer"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well compensated, great HR/Services team that genuinely cares about employees, lots of opportunities

Cons

Not a prime, so they don't have much hiring authority. Also, they don't really have a bench so if you're between contracts you'll be unemployed

9. "A great company that is continuing to make its mark in the Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at CyberCore Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that does large business caliber of work. Everyone pulls together to accomplish a mission that is clearly laid out. If you are a good worker, management will let you do your thing and not interfere. They know if you are getting the work done, they don't necessarily care how you get it done.

They have great company parties i.e. holiday parties, orioles outing, summer picnics, happy hours, etc.

The company has continued to grow since 2000 and it is nice to see the year over year growth whether it be more employees here or overall revenue increasing.

I have been on the billable side and the corporate with the company. Both have strong upsides. Tough to decipher which is better.

Cons

The one minor downside is, since we are a small company (by employee standpoint) there should be more messages sent out from the upper management team. The worker bees would like to know the future, the vision, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue the strong course of direction but give everyone feedback and provide adequate communication!

"If you bring in money, you're ok"

I worked at CyberCore Technologies full-time

Pros

Pay well in relation to other companies.

Cons

Will lie to you and if you come off contract, you are an obligation to them and they will stick you in another part of the building to tell you that you're cut. Don't get injured or ill while working here because their disability benefits stink.

Have to love a company that sells that security is in their blood, but has poor security practices within their corporate structure. I pointed out on several occasions some serious issues and I was treated like I was stupid and the issues were swept under the rug.

Advice to Management

Create a real company with real goals and not just a reseller who dabbles in a few contracts for personal gain.