Cover image for Datadog

Found 595 of over 659 reviews

4.1
Datadog CEO and Co-Founder Olivier Pomel
Olivier Pomel

What people are saying about Datadog

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and you never stop learning(in 61 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 54 reviews)
  • "Great benefits compared to companies in APAC(in 53 reviews)
  • "The overall team is great at Datadog with many supportive individuals and a great place to be to grow your technical skills.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Good leadership and mentors(in 19 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Datadog and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Satisfying job, great culture

Nov 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent WLB (Truly) unlimited PTO Engaging work Competent management Conference travel stipend

Cons

No longer hiring remote employees Insurance plan options can be expensive for those with families

2. 3.0

Going down hill

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Equity in a public company with strong business outlook and product/market fit - Comprehensive benefits package, with nice perks like $1,200 for fitness-related expenses - Good culture on some teams (though not overall)

Cons

I loved Datadog when I started, but the company has taken a turn for the worse. They are making employees go to the office, even though people contract COVID there on a regular basis. Senior leadership is extremely dismissive of health-related concerns; they only care about getting butts in seats to justify their lease in the New York Times building. The CEO recently referred to people who work from home as "pseudo-humans" during an all-hands meeting. The product has an excellent market fit, but leadership is incapable of creating scalable processes. There is constant chaos as teams struggle to work together on half-baked ideas. Pay is average and they have explicitly said there won't be any cost of living raises, in spite of 8% inflation.

63 people found this review helpful

People Operations

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, and apologize that you've had a less than positive experience recently. We take the health and safety of our employees very seriously, which is why we do require employees in US Datadog locations to wear masks in offices as well as to be vaccinated to enter. After two years of full-time remote work, however, we do believe that a hybrid workplace experience is the best option to encourage the innovation and collaboration that happens in person. Many employees also missed being in person with their coworkers, as well as the perks of our office catered lunches, coworking spaces, team activities and more. On compensation, economic conditions affect the market compensation bands and we monitor and adjust our own compensation bands accordingly to ensure employees are paid fairly. Salary is only one piece of the puzzle - we consistently review employees' total compensation - their salary plus their vesting equity. We're glad you've loved our fitness reimbursement benefit and feel positive about the business outlook as we scale rapidly. As with any growth, we will experience growing pains, and ask for your patience and support as we navigate through this journey together. We hope you'll address these concerns directly with your People Business Partner so we can find actionable solutions to your concerns. Thank you for your continued impact at Datadog.

3. Join the Datadog team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great learning opportunity for new AE's

Nov 29, 2022 - Commercial Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Coaching/Mentorship/Leadership -MEDDIC/COM training -Benefits -Hybrid schedule -Growth opportunity for career and clear path -Commission plan is advantageous

Cons

-Very demanding and difficult role with heavy outbound focus -Quota is very difficult to hit or come close to on bookings

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Prepare to change you in order to thrive here

Sep 8, 2022 - Technical Account Manager (TAM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good products Good benefits Healthcare Stocks Fitness Phone bill Pets Maternity & paternity Remote work

Cons

It used to be good until…. Do not trust anyone here You are on your own, be prepared to fight for yourself Be careful how you seek help in solving problems as it’ll all still be used against you They tell you one thing and then change to another They set people up to destroy you They do not care about you in ANY way Forget about taking off, it’s almost impossible or you’ll be guilt tripped for doing that Many people feel like gods here, they belittle you and you become so tiny and invisible You have to constantly be loud and be everywhere to make them notice you You have to change YOU. They do not encourage diversity Your colleagues are ready to rate you so low in order to get favor from management and be promoted You just cannot be free or happy. It’ll definitely be short lived Very confused management

17 people found this review helpful

People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sharing both your positive and constructive feedback. Our people are our most important asset and we're sorry to hear that your experience has been anything less than positive. We strive to build a workplace of inclusivity and belonging, and one where employees feel they can take time off to rest. We encourage you to bring this sentiment to your People Business Partner or your leadership team so we can better understand your experience and partner with you to make improvements.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work but a few things to watch out for

Oct 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and snacks Beautiful offices Awesome team culture Managers care and invest a lot into the professional growth of their teams

Cons

Culture seems a bit like high school cliques, especially among juniors and mid-levels. Management is shady and secretive with new policies. Some people have a drastically higher bar than others. Hasn't happened to me but I've noticed that it's really hard to get promoted. Requirements, promotion cycles and feedback for promotion are unclear and management keeps it that way to dodge accountability for not promoting people who deserve it. They're hiring very aggressively but don't seem to be keen to adjust the rest of the company to this growth. They seem to be hiring just to say they are growing.

6 people found this review helpful

People Operations

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. The professional growth of our employees is something we pride ourselves in and we want to ensure we provide equal opportunities, fairness, and support to every Datadog. We're working to standardize what career progression looks like for each department. We recognize there is still work to be done, but encourage all who have concerns to speak to their manager and People Business Partner.

7. 5.0

Best job I’ve had

Nov 12, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get pampered here and there’s a ton of opportunity

Cons

Can’t think of any. It’s been great.

People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're so glad to know that this has been your experience.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

CAE review

Oct 26, 2022 - Commercial Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good company name to have on a resume -Good product that has a strong position in market -Great stock options

Cons

-They require you to be in the office 3 days a week while blasting music and expecting you to cold call within a loud, distracting environment. -Only about 30% of reps hit quota consistently -Lack of support from management, and sink or swim mentality when it comes to generating revenue/pipeline -Lack of representation of women in the workplace

4 people found this review helpful

People Operations

We appreciate you sharing this review with us. At Datadog we feel that it is important to collaborate in person in order to maintain the most impactful employee experience. We strive to create a collaborative work environment but also make sure to provide phone booths and conference rooms for individuals needing quiet spaces. We are also growing at a rapid rate, which does mean we set high expectations and goals for quotas to keep up with that growth, but our processes are something we continue to revisit to ensure they scale alongside us. Lastly, diversifying our teams is also a high priority of ours to foster a strong culture of belonging, and our hiring teams are working hard to bring strong talent into the Sales department to support our scaling and growth.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Nov 8, 2022 - Customer Success Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture At Datadog have had an awesome experience

Cons

Difficult product to learn but they provide great learning resources

People Operations

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to know you're enjoying the #DatadogLife culture.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for your resume, bad for your mental health.

Oct 24, 2022 - Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having Datadog on your resume will keep recruiters in your inbox constantly. The product is top-notch and the company as a whole is set up for success long-term. The office is pretty cool. You will learn a lot and have exposure to good logos regardless of what segment you work in.

Cons

CSMs are capped on bonus payout at 100%. You are bringing in a ton of revenue for the company but not seeing any return on that because CSMs are not paid like sales people, and yet are expected to hit static revenue targets regardless of book of business composition. Sales targets are 100% your primary focus, but less than 1/4 of your variable payout. Leaders will say that’s not the case, then proceed to ask about your pipeline and where to fill the gaps. If you are a sales-driven CSM or Account Manager, you should look for an org where your potential isn’t capped from a financial perspective. Instead of overachieving, you will be sandbagging for the next quarter to scrape to get 100% of your payout. This CSM role demands more work day-to-day than any CSM role I have ever seen, but the financial recognition (or lack thereof) is not worth the amount of effort, sweat, and tears you will have to put up with on a weekly basis. You handle billing and support because you handle all billing tasks, manual effort to reconcile billing each month, and the support team did not scale quickly enough to meet the rapid scale of customers. Escalations and support tickets can take weeks, if not months, to resolve. It is incredibly demanding and high-stress, and you will often be the sounding board for customer frustration. I would highly advise looking elsewhere because I can guarantee you that most CS roles are higher-paying and less demanding and stressful than the environment at Datadog. Do yourself a favor and find a culture that supports its CS teams, ICs, and managers, and one that takes input from the front lines. Last but not least, career pathing is minimal. It’s poorly defined and band aid solutions have been put in place to be able to say that feedback has been taken, but segments are locked and you can’t move between segments without it being lateral.

10 people found this review helpful

People Operations

We're sorry to hear that this was your overall experience and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our Customer Success department is imperative to our growth and very much valued at all levels of the organization. We do review all facets of the Customer Success role, including pay structure, at multiple junctures within a year and aim to continuously help our employees grow and to improve overall employee engagement. We take your feedback very seriously as we review these areas for continued improvement.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Too Siloed

Nov 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Agile decision making at mid to upper level Mgmt. Cool culture with lots of innovation and energy.

Cons

Company is too siloed; working across teams is challenging. Leadership is young and still growing from tech startup mindset to a corporate organization.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 595 Reviews
</>Embed

Datadog Reviews FAQs

Datadog has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 659 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Datadog to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Datadog employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Datadog. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

75% of Datadog employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Datadog 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Datadog to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Datadog Job Seekers