Diversant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Found 211 reviews

Diversant CEO Gene C. Waddy
Gene C. Waddy
Pros
  • "They pay on time and got auto deposit set up quickly(in 9 reviews)

• "It's a great training program with Senior coworkers involved to guide you through the process(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "account managers but would not spend the money to get more recruiters to handle the amount of work that is needed(in 10 reviews)

• "Not enough guided training involved in the training program(in 8 reviews)

"Best Consultancy in the United States"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Diversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

My American dream started when I got a job offer through Diversant. It is undoubtedly the best consultancy in the United States. This company helped me during my toughest period when I was looking for my first job after completing my masters. I would especially like to thanks Brianna Srgo whom I think is the best recruiter I ever met(though we never met face to face lol). They helped me getting my H1b in a first go... and they know the difficulties international students have to face during that phase. They fully supported me and were always open to any questions I have to ask for. Again, Brianna came out to be the star performer for this company and made it sure that for specific questions relating to immigration, taxes, etc there are always right people available to answer them. Unlike other companies, they never let me off the hook even when I was not working with them and fully supported me and guided me with all the doubts I was having. The company has a fantastic immigration team led by Shanda and I would like to thank her too for helping me out for various visa relating questions. It was a privilege to work with such a nice company with everything organized. I look forward to working with you guys in the future again. You guys are the best.

Cons

Not at all. They are the best

Diversant2019-10-07

October 10, 2019Marketing Manager

Wow, thank you for this excellent review. This reassures us that we are doing the right things when it comes to supporting our consultants with their career goals. We will certainly share your feedback with Brianna if she hasn't already seen this review. Please keep us at the top of your list when it comes to finding your next IT career.

2. "No Holiday Pay, No Vacation, No Raise"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Diversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits and I found a job in the IT Field at looking for 3 years.

Cons

Received call about company looking for IT Admin. Was told by starting salary was $28 on the first call. Filled out all required paperwork, passed all the tests, went through 3 interviews. Then I was told the salary was $25 an hour. Offered the job, a week before starting I was told they would try to get me $21 or $22 an hour. Making $20 an hour now. And no chance of a raise after a year (I asked) for a... raise). I do not get holiday pay or vacation time, if I want a 40-hour paycheck I can work extra during the week to make up for the time I will miss.

Advice to Management

Don't lead job seekers on about the pay. Tell them you don't offer vacation time, holiday pay, and they won't get a raise after a year.

Diversant2019-10-08
  3. "Lack of vision"

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales

I worked at Diversant full-time

Pros

Great salary, benefits were good, team members are also good people

Cons

Executives have a lack of tact to their vision. you have a CEO that presses the importance of being a minority owned organization but he is not the one making decisions. Cutting a whole division because the "back office was not ready" is a scape goat.

Advice to Management

Be truthful and find someone to run HR who is not going to be sketchy.

Diversant2019-10-11
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager Trainee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Diversant full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot while working there

Cons

Change in management, they are a bit disorganized

Diversant2019-09-24

September 26, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with DIVERSANT. We are pleased to hear that you picked up new skills during your time with us. We wish you well in your next career journey.

"Good employer. No hassle."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Diversant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked for Bank of America Client. Was on an H1B. Documentation was quick . Got approved. They pay on time. Get your GC process started soon. Pay better than their counterparts.

Cons

Recruiter can tend to be rude after you get the job .

Diversant2019-09-13

September 26, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. Regarding your experience with our recruiter, please know that we expect a high-level of customer service from all of our employees. We apologize if your experience was not as expected. We will share your feedback with the leadership team in New Jersey. If you would like to share more information, please email HR@diversant.com.

"Sales people don’t work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Red Bank, NJ

I worked at Diversant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing to think of. There are worse jobs out there I’m sure, but this one is built on favoritism and basically slave labor for the recruiters.

Cons

As others have mentioned, the sales people flat out do not do work. They sit around at home and wait for reqs to come through the vendor manager portals. From there the recruiter manages the entire process start to finish including finding the candidate, submittal, interview, close, engagement management. The sales person literally does not do ONE thing including getting feedback from candidate or even walking them... into interview or first day. The supposed sales managers do not even care and turn a blind eye. The recruiting managers are basically slave managers who are down your back 24/7 and causes a burn and churn environment. Yet they have not actually hands-on recruited in decades and are completely out of touch with today’s market.

Advice to Management

Why do sales people get more commission on roles where they quite literally do NOTHING? Please formulate an answer to that question, say it out loud, and you will realize how silly you sound.

Diversant2019-10-04

"I Would Never Go Back"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager

I worked at Diversant full-time

Pros

There is uncappped earning potential, great benefits, including milage reimbursement, health, dental and vision insurance offered. They offer extensive training to teach you how to do your job.

Cons

12 people have left the Denver office since January 2019, including the GM. I don't know if they got a new GM since I left. The fact that the GM left was detrimental to my experience, as there was no one who actually knew how to teach me what I was supposed to be doing. This is a recruiting job, so there is also a lot of pressure (and I mean a LOT) to get candidates into job openings, which encourages manipulation... and dishonesty. (Note: manipulation and dishonesty are NOT company wide values. Because this is a training program, who you get paired with to help you with daily questions has a huge impact on what you learn and how you are expected to perform. The person I was paired with had no problem trying to schmooze and manipulate candidates to make himself more money. Not my style.) Plus, working 70-80 plus hours in this job is normal, and once you get out to the training program, you don't get overtime. DO NOT COME HERE if you want a work life balance. The pressure to perform is too intense.

Advice to Management

Get a GM in the Denver office and let people have their own personal life! Benefits and opportunity to earn are great. Keep up the honesty during the interview process.

Diversant2019-09-10

September 26, 2019Marketing Manager

Your feedback is appreciated. We will share your comments with our leadership team. We do have good news! Our Denver office has a great managing director in place to provide the leadership that aligns with our company values. We are not sure who you were partnered with for training but that is not how we do business. If you can provide more details, please email us at HR@diversant.com. Thank you again and best of luck in your career journey.

"Decent Company, too much Change to succeed"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Diversant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Started off good as a company, lots of good companies with BofA and Wells Fargo. Solid Middle managment and sale/recruiting

Cons

Company changes its strategies over the course of 3 years, resulting in revolving door of managers, directors, sales and recruiting. Ultimately losing around 75+ good sales and recruiters, causing their bottom line to drop significantly.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it, let your investments in markets have time to grow roots and perform, dont just pull the plant after 3-6 months when it isnt bearing fruit. When you change the direction of the ship every 6 months, nothing with succeed adn ultimetely the company will fail.

Diversant2019-07-22

August 16, 2019Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you also for your services with us for four years. We are sorry that our firm did not meet your expectations. The changes that we make are based on feedback from our leadership team and employees. However, our focus remains the same and that is to help our clients find quality IT talent to meet their business needs. If you have any other comments to share, please email us at HR@diversant.com.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Diversant full-time for more than a year

Pros

My recruiter Colleen is always looking out for me and talking to me.

Cons

There are no cons, great company

Diversant2019-06-29

July 17, 2019Marketing Manager

Many thanks to you for taking the time to rate us on Glassdoor. If there is anything we can do to support you during your time here, please let us know. All the best to you for great success ahead.

"Dishonest. Unorganized. Overall horrible company."

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Diversant full-time

Pros

The coworkers you get to work with.

Cons

This "staffing agency" has made me have a disgusting taste about the industry overall. Let's start out by discussing the non-existent training program. Hired on initially as an Account Manager but mid-training they decided to start everyone back as a recruiter until you met their minimum goals. Which is fine if they didn't deceive and lie initially to people. I lost about $4k in phone and car allowances once I... finished the program. Recruiters do not get near half enough credit compared to the "Senior" account managers. The whole company is made up of new account managers and very few knowledgeable ones. Recruiters bust their butt and account managers are the one that are favored whenever management/execs/vps come into town. Very deceitful company with low low morals. Fire and hire mentality. If you don't meet their goals (but you never got training to begin with) you are gone instantly. BEWARE ABOUT DIVERSANT. Consultants are not even safe.

Advice to Management

Be more structured, organized and HONEST. It is people's lively hoods you are messing with and we just graduated college. You live and learn I guess.

Diversant2019-07-18

August 16, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this career did not meet your expectations. The staffing industry is very competitive and requires individuals who can adapt to changes. We are very proud of our extensive sales development training program which helps our employees to learn the business from the ground up. This program has helped to groom several of our recruiters to become successful sales professionals. Although this role did not work out for you, we trust you will find a career that aligns with your career expectations.

Found 211 reviews