DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

3.8
DriveTime Automotive Group CEO Don Reese
Don Reese
Pros
Cons
  • "It’s a sales job so don’t go into it thinking that there will be much work life balance(in 111 reviews)

• "long hours, cut throat team members(in 82 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Overall Great place to work"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun and flexible atmosphere. Everyone from the bottom up are great people! they really treat you like family here. I love the annual GM meetings they are the best!

Cons

There is a lot of change, so get use to it! but they are changing to make our jobs and lives easier, but if you struggle with change this is not the place for you.

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-05-14
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall good job, steady flow of business, good coworkers

Cons

Finance company makes loans difficult at times

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-02-11

February 19, 2020Employee Experience Team

Hello! Thank you for sharing your review as a Sales Advisor in North Carolina! Your role as a Sales Advisor is so important to our customer's car buying experience. Happy to hear that you are enjoying your role and your sales team. If ever you have any suggestions of how the business can improve, please feel free to share your ideas with your General Manager, Retail leadership, or even our Talent Support team, and we will be happy to hear your suggestions!

3. "Drivetime Review"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Easy to contact and follow up with customers

Cons

Limited financing and vehicle options for customers to chose from

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-06-03
  4. "Good Opportunity"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked for DT for 8 years in various roles across the country. I had the opportunity to learn a lot of valuable skills through my experiences and I am thankful for it. DT will provide you legitimate feedback along with the opportunity to grow your career. However- you must seek it out and be willing to work on your opportunities. DT has become more flexible with their benefits and working hours in the last few years. Executive Leadership has done a great job communicating compared to the last executive group. However, the new executive group largely hasn't connected on a personal level with field operations like the previous executive group did.

Cons

Lack of Senior Management Involvement in Field Operations, No Clear Vision to Grow the Business, Losing Market Share to Competition, Status Quo Product Offerings

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-06-01
  5. "Great Opportunity to learn!"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are flexible, get to travel, no micromanagement, company car, company credit card, and great team. Paid for training and certifications.

Cons

Wasn't much of a ladder to grow. More pay, but not much more responsibility.

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-05-31
  6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Technician in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule, benefits, good moral, fun

Cons

Mostly I would say the pay

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-05-28

"Gm years are like dog years"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits that are reasonably priced. Closed Sundays. If you are a self motivator than you can move up. Obviously if you are relocatable than you are able to move up faster. Great training and good communication from senior management. When you go into sales, you know that you are going to put up with a lot of “extras” but you also know the pay will make it worth it. I met a lot of great people and made a lot of great relationships. I had great mentors along the way.

Cons

It’s a sales job so don’t go into it thinking that there will be much work life balance. Even before covid due to the structure of the company, you won’t see your assistant director or director much - they just have too much on their plate to be at your store to check in. Be prepared to be managed remotely.

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-05-24
  8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice perks, nice people, cool technology

Cons

Lower pay, weird annual reviews.

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-05-20
  9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall an easy job for decent pay. Management was easy to work with.

Cons

Slow times of the year with not much to do. Promotions didn't seem as capable as made out to be

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-04-30

May 4, 2020Employee Experience Team

Thank you for leaving your review as a DriveTime Alumn! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your role during your time with us. With our retail stores, we have some busier times of the year than others. During the slower times, we find other ways to stay occupied such as following up on leads, training, and other professional development.

10. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great hours and pay plus a cool employee purchase program

Cons

Wish COVID didn’t shut us down

DriveTime Automotive Group2020-04-24

April 28, 2020Employee Experience Team

Thank you for leaving a positive review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the some of the benefits and perks we offer. It’s unfortunate that due to the evolving situation with COVID-19 our organization was forced to make some very difficult decisions. We hope that you stay safe and healthy and that our paths cross again in the near future.

Found 786 reviews