DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

DriveTime Automotive Group CEO Scott Worthington
Scott Worthington

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance.... I'm doing great at my job at the expense of my family(in 81 reviews)
  • "Long hours it makes no sense that the hours the dealerships are open basically have no life.(in 75 reviews)
  • "poor management and working outside in bad weather.(in 54 reviews)
  • "Office politics and changing upper management.(in 34 reviews)
  • "The market managers always take the side of the sale associates, you talk to more voicemails than actual people.(in 34 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DriveTime Automotive Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Exceptional Workplace

Jan 6, 2022 - Business Intelligence Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, lots of career growth opportunities, diversity, excellent benefits, flexible work location, advanced technical suite using modern tools, friendly coworkers, hard work is noticed and rewarded, great work life balance

Cons

Can't think of any cons

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Experience Team

First off, thank you for sharing your experience with us as Business Intelligence Developer after 9 years! Your hard work and dedication over the years has not gone unnoticed, and we are truly thankful. We appreciate the AMAZING review here on Glassdoor. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your career with us so far. You're right, so many great pros to share!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay...Great people to work with

Cons

Not a good work life balance.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Wow! Thank you for the stellar 5-star review! We're SO happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working with us. And you're right, we do have the best people to work with, although, we may be bias! We're sorry to hear you had trouble with work-life balance. We're always looking for ways to improve our employees' experience, so we appreciate your feedback. Although we may have parted ways, we wish you the best in your next endeavor!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Drivetime

May 12, 2022 - Pdr Technician in Fontana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you put in the work and speak up there is room for growth.

Cons

Management acted like they new everything when they really had very little knowledge of how anything worked/ran.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as a technician! Congratulations on spending more than 20 years with us, what an accomplishment! We're happy to hear you've experienced growth with us by putting in hard work. We take pride in promoting our employees from within! We're sorry to hear you've experienced some issues with management. We always encourage employees to reach out to Talent Support if any issues arise! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

4. 4.0

Culture at DT

May 6, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and lack of hierarchy

Cons

Relatively low on comp compared to industry

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the DriveTime culture after 9 years with us! We hear your concerns on comp and want to assure you we assess comp on a yearly basis to ensure we are giving our employees the best comp package we can. If you have any concerns or recommendations, feel free to reach out to Talent Support!

5. 3.0

Ehhh

May 14, 2022 - Assistant General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours for the industry. Good pto plan.

Cons

Very low pay compared to industry

1 person found this review helpful

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Thank you for sharing your experience as an Assistant General Manager. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying the hours and PTO plan! We take pride in providing our employees with a work-life balance as that's very important to us. We hear your concerns about pay and want to assure you we assess our benefits package on a yearly basis to ensure we are providing our employees with the best possible benefits. If you have any concerns, please feel free to chat with your leader or reach out to Talent Support!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worst company ever

May 17, 2022 - Compliance Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing positive to say here.

Cons

Just a poorly ran, unprofessional, awful place to work.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Company to Work For With Few Downsides!

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the supportive, team-oriented environment Excellent 401k, healthcare, and dental options Relaxed, quiet office environment with the option of hybrid/remote Tuition reimbursement Above-average PTO accruals (13 days over the year)

Cons

There are a few cons unfortunately (the company is always up for suggestions and improvements which do get heard luckily) with the few months I have been here, mostly with regards to pay/salary (most employees are salaried) which is edging towards being non-competitive for the hours worked. I rarely recalled having to work less than 40 hours a week, usually more around 45-55 otherwise I’d risk being behind on my work. I also have less time with my family consequently, the hybrid/remote schedule helps to alleviate this, but the issue is still noticeable. Otherwise, this company is great!

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for writing a detailed review. Your thoughts and feedback is helpful, as we want to continue to strive to offer our employees a positive experience. Our corporate office employees have the flexibility to work on a hybrid /remote schedule should their business unit allow for it. We understand the importance of your wellbeing and that your work life balance is important, and we encourage you to work with your leader to find an appropriate workload that is feasible for you, your department, that does not lead to burnout. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we will share it with the team to help make future decisions.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job

Mar 30, 2022 - Customer Experience Guide
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team based selling, non competitive, able to take vacation time when you want outside of tax season

Cons

Tax season hours can be grueling

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Yay! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying your time as a Customer Experience Guide. Thank you for the 5 star review! Our dealerships are unique in the sense that our teams are non-competitive, we really do value fostering a team environment. So happy you like it! Tax season is busy season for us, so we hope you know how much we value your hard work and dedication to our customers during this time!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Mar 29, 2022 - Porter in Highland, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

it was great, so much fun

Cons

it was okay, nothing fancy

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Wow! Thank you for the 5-star review! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying your time working with us. Here at DriveTime, we want our employees to love what they do, so we are thrilled to hear you're having fun. We're always looking for ways to improve, so thank you for sharing your experience!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work

Mar 31, 2022 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment and good people

Cons

Low pay compared to industry standards

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

We appreciate you sharing your experience as a operations manager! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed working in our friendly environment. We take great pride in our upbeat culture! We hear your concerns and will be passing this information along - we evaluate our compensation and benefits package on a yearly basis to ensure we are doing the best we can for our employees. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your next role!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,046 Reviews

DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews FAQs

DriveTime Automotive Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,075 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at DriveTime Automotive Group to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DriveTime Automotive Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DriveTime Automotive Group. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

69% of DriveTime Automotive Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DriveTime Automotive Group 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DriveTime Automotive Group to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with DriveTime Automotive Group Job Seekers