DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Don Reese

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "however there is no work life balance" (in 103 reviews)

• "Working long hours on Saturdays can told a toll on your body" (in 78 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Internet Sales Adviser in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Adviser in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for hands down. Amazing management and it is always a positive work environment. They always give out incentives and have fun new ways to keep us motivated and working as a team to achieve our goals. I can go on and on all day about the pro's of working here but I wont have enough room. Bottom line, its beyond great!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advise other than to keep up the good work!

Aug 9, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for the awesome review, we love your excitement and enthusiasm! An attitude like this one is what makes our culture what it is and keeps us focused on providing new opportunities for growth... More

2. "Fun"

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere..team was excellent...great money was made

Cons

They decided to go a new direction with the company and it cut sales drastically!

Oct 5, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We are glad to see you enjoyed the great work environment, compensation and awesome team we have here at DriveTime. We acknowledge that the company... More

3. "Dealership coordinator"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Flexible schedule
    Automotive atmosphere

Cons

Can be left feeling under appreciated

Feb 18, 2019 – Talent

Each of our employees plays a vital role in the Company's success and are GREATLY appreciated for their time and commitment. Thank you for sharing that you haven't felt this was the case. We will... More

4. "Good experience"

Pros

Good management, many growth opportunities

Cons

I don’t have any cons

Jan 23, 2019 – Talent

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

5. "Horrible company"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomery, AL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None at all. Horrible top to bottom.

Cons

Sales environment is weak. More like a call center.

6. "All work, no pay"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the team of people I work with. They honestly are the only thing that gives my any real incentive to go into work.

Cons

The management is terrible. Not only do they implement useless and stressful in-house policies, but they also downward delegate their responsibilities so the sales team. Positions have been completely erased from existence and the duties have been moved to salesman, cutting into work and sales time, with all previous responsibilities associated to your job title still intact, more added and NO extra pay. Sales goals are unrealistic and usually unobtainable, leaving you with the "potential " to make more than salary, but no real opportunity. Favorites move up quickly. If you want to move up, dont speak your mind or have a mind of your own for that matter. Just dont apply, this place has been in the dumps for a LONG time.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at listening to your employees and making reasonable changes to help rather than hinder. Quit cutting into sales time for non sales related duties and show more appreciation for your sales advisors before you lose out on hard working people.

"Horrible Company - RUN!!!"

Pros

There are absolutely no pros.

Cons

- Pay is not even close to competitive and is extremely low for the industry in all roles. They expect a lot for very little pay.

- Senior leaders are elitest and part of a good old boys club with a lot of leaders being promoted from being interns / straight out of college so they have no other business experience outside of the convoluted business environment they have been surrounded by making their daily business decisions skewed.

- They consistently focus on cost over quality and have very minimal safety programs reflecting that they don't really value their employees or their customers.

- There is no HR department so leaders can do as they please without ramifications leaving the employees with no one to escalate issues to for any possible resolution. Also no one to go to when you are put in the middle of unethical business dilemmas by your leaders.

- Diversity is lacking and severely undervalued within the organization overall with minorities and women being found in very few leadership positions. And when they do finally make it to these roles their opinions are not welcomed or valued in any way.

- Company is shrinking leaving their future stability in question.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the good old boys club and run the company like a real company with people that truly understand the business world and how to run an ethically and morally sound organization.

8. "Awesone"

Former Employee - Detailer in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Detailer in Taylor, MI

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule, pto, great employees

Cons

None at all to think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything the same way

Jan 8, 2019 – Talent

Thanks for the great feedback!

"Amazing Place To Work"

Former Employee - Dealership Coordinator in Lauderdale Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Dealership Coordinator in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing management & Astounding work environment. DriveTime was and is the best company I worked for. The company also on the rise so I definitely recommend joining the DT family.

Cons

No complaints for working here.

Advice to Management

Continue with the Dream work .

Jan 3, 2019 – Talent

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we appreciate the work all our employees do every day.

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's easy to pretend to work and make a check from it.

Cons

- No HR department!!!
    -OT required- regardless of your responsibilities outside of work (children, personal schedule, etc). Not just in the "peak season".
    -Leadership/Upper Management is clearly a good 'ol boys club. Rarely will you see new faces or women included in these teams. The same people get moved around repeatedly in to new roles, no outsiders.
    -If you aren't a Manager level or above you are essentially just an employee number who is replaceable.
    -If you wish to keep a job here you should blend in to the crowd, don't ask questions and don't offer new ideas.
    - DriveTime "culture" is thrown around quite a bit but it just means you stay in line and don't all out things that need to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Invest in HR. Invest in your team members who put in the work every day instead of focusing on what your next company car will be or coordinating when you get your turn to charge your Tesla.