DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Don Reese

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "however there is no work life balance" (in 99 reviews)

• "LONG hours, usually every shift will last an extra 30min to a few hours" (in 76 reviews)

1. "Internet Development Team"

Current Employee - Internet Sales Advisor in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Advisor in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They actually support work/life balance. Flexible and understanding. Fair pay and good benefits. They give us a lot of food. Ping Pong rooms. Gym.

Cons

None really, I love working here!

Advice to Management

N/A

Jun 18, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for sharing! We are happy to see you are enjoying our "work hard, play hard" environment in Internet Sales!

2. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DriveTime is a great place to work with an awesome environment.

Cons

I have no cons at the moment.

Jun 4, 2018 – Talent

This is great to hear! Keep up the good work.

3. "Couldn't Be Happier"

Current Employee - Dev Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Dev Lead in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed Work Environment
    Great Work-Life Balance
    Great Benefits & Compensation
    Cutting Edge Technology
    Lots Of Smart People

Cons

Have not found any yet

Jun 4, 2018 – Talent

We are very pleased to see such a positive review! Thank you for sharing.

4. "A great place to start your career!!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, work environment, team oriented, opportunity to relocate and move up, work life balance. Pay is decent

Cons

None to talk about

Advice to Management

None. Keep up the hard work!

Jun 4, 2018 – Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience so far with DriveTime!

"These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Healthcare cost.

You will participate ina master class on corporate politics in learning how to play the game by building your personal brand and having the right relationships. You will learn how to lead conversations using the four parts of speech with employees to break them down of their personal concerns and opinions that are opposed to the culture and give them feedback they MUST be receptive to and NOT push back on in order to build artificial buy in with company initiatives and changes. You will learn to control narratives; that is be able to get ahead of any issues or noise coming out of your store to limit the spotlight and involvement from upper management and contain/resolve the issue to create the facade that everything is under control. Do these things well and you can rise through the ranks very fast and make decent(but below market average) income. Just don’t get comfortable or expect tenure and loyalty to be valued or reciprocated; the fall inevitably will blind side you.

Cons

The cons have been previously outlined just this year by a combination of employees in past reviews. Some are tenured and some new; they are spread across the country and across varied corporate and retail departments. For reference of my cons please see reviews from 5/4/18 and 5/11/18. You can see more from 2018 alone that align in message. Pay close attention to the replies on these reviews from the pseudo “HR” team called Talent Support to gain insight on the culture of “talking off” any problem. To use the DT vernacular: they lack the emotional intelligence needed to be receptive to feedback, take ownership of the issues that get brought to light, and be personally accountable to make the necessary change to improve employee morale and retention by being intentional and sincere about providing a healthier work environment.

Advice to Management

When it comes to one particular store in Houston I implore you to take heed of Dante Alighieri's 14th-century epic poem; “Abandon all hope ye who enter here.”

6. "IDT"

Current Employee - IDT-1 in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - IDT-1 in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working for this company, they will do whatever they can to really work with your situation. I have had the opportunity to be a part of a great to that for sure has so much room for growth an opportunity. You do get full benefits after 30 days. Insurance was a huge benefit to me. My two supervisors have been nothing but compassionate and understanding with me and they will do one on one coaching with you to make sure you are where you want to be and where you need to be. They will not let you help you in any situation they can.

Cons

I honestly think the only con I have for working here is having to work on Satruday's and having to sit at a desk all day. Because my last position I had for 3 years was constant movement on my feet and I had a half day Friday and the weekends off.

Advice to Management

To just continue to be a company that values their employees like you already do. It makes a huge difference when working for someone. If you are valued by upper management it will make your employees want to work hard for you when they see how much they are listened to and valued.

May 24, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to see that you feel valued and appreciated here at DriveTime! It is of high priority for us that our employees know how important they are. We appreciate... More

"Uncertain future for the "boy's club" at DriveTime."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I stayed for as long as I did because of my amazing immediate coworkers!
    Good place for people looking to start in a new career/industry or for short term employment.
    "Millennial driven" culture with lots of team building events throughout the year.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities for women. I'd say 80%+ of upper management is male. It's very clear this lack of female leadership is deep rooted in "DriveTime's Culture". (An expression frequently used to excuse poor management decisions). DT pays below average for most of their departments and yet still cannot avoid major company wide layoffs.
    The future and success of DT is very unstable. The owner is very set on selling the company, either as a whole or piece by piece. I would not suggest looking to DT for long-term employment.

Advice to Management

Shake up the idea of DT culture and pursue new leadership with original ideas.

Jun 4, 2018 – Talent

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and ideas with us. As an organization, we understand and appreciate the value that diversity of thought, perspective, ideas, and backgrounds brings to a... More

8. "Licensing coordinator"

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits for employees at hone office

Cons

Management doesn’t properly notify employees

May 17, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for your positive review! Glad to see you enjoy the great benefits we offer as a company!

9. "Fun at first"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Drivetime. When I was there, I was coached well and even though I had no experience in working in the car industry I caught on quickly.

Cons

Promotions are very rare.

Advice to Management

Stop taking your anger out on employees when your budget isn’t being met.

May 23, 2018 – Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your positive and constructive feedback. Employee coaching, development and growth are a top priority for our company. We are happy to hear that you felt... More

10. "Sales Advisor"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Judson, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Judson, TX

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is not bad. Salary plus commission.

Cons

Longer hours, they tie your hands so its very hard to be innovative

May 3, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback. Glad to hear you appreciated our base salary and commission opportunities!