DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Birmingham, AL) in February 2020.

Interview

Met with four managers, talked about my sales experience, had to show my skills as a salesman by selling a car to one of the managers and just talking to see if I fit in with the team.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Atlanta, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

every thing was online and I feel I did not get a fair shot, It was the first online interview the manager had done and she kept looking away like she really was not interested

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter. Spoke with recruiter regarding the role. Phone interview with General Manger. More for recruits benefit to gain insight of the role. In person interview with different general manager.

Interview Questions

• Personal sceneries... in the past how have you handled difficult customers. Example of dealing with conflict....overcoming objections from potential customers etc!   1 Answer

Support Team Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in March 2020.

Interview

First, I completed a phone screen by a recruiter. Then I was invited to an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of a meeting with two supervisors, then a side-by-side with a team member, and then another meeting with senior managers. I thought the process went very well. But then I receive the generic rejection email from Drivetime, but the email never stated which role, for I had applied for three roles at Drivetime. I have reached out to my recruiter for further clarification via phone and email, but have yet to receive a proper response from her. The one time I was able to get in touch with her, she told me to call her back. I know employers are not obligated to follow-up with you, but I would appreciated knowing which role the rejection email was referring to, and maybe some feedback. This has greatly discouraged me from applying at Drivetime, and I wonder if that was the goal.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted shortly. They called me and asked me questions and I answered them. They're friendly and the questions they ask aren't too particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2020.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed up by an on site interview. Included a tour and two 30-45 minute long interviews with two team leaders and members per section. Questions were heavily focused on relevant experience listed on the resume, but there were the general interview questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about ________ experience? (Expect a lot of elaboration)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with conflict in a group?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

After a phone interview, I went in person and met with 7 people in a single day. After that, they said they would get back to me after the weekend, but they never reached back out to me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about SQL knowledge and expertise, and general problem solving   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me for a phone screening. I interviewed with her and she said she'd pass my resume and information along to the accounting team to see if they'd be interested in interviewing. I followed up and never got a response back. How unprofessional and what a waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in July 2019.

Interview

tl;dr interviewers weren't mentally present and had poor experience driving interviews. Indications of work environment and culture with given by their uninterested nature and callous demeanor.

appear.in interview with two senior engineers and then one onsite interview split into three different smaller interviews.

I was put forward to DriveTime by a recruiter. The first appear.in interview with the two senior engineers went well. They asked about my technical experience, culture questions, and what I do outside of the workplace. I thought it was a pretty standard interview.

After passing those interviews, I was called in for an in-person interview onsite. After arriving through construction and questioned on why I was 5 minutes late, I told them the reason. During the first round of interviews, one of the managers seemed totally disinterested in what I had to say and even when I posed questions to the manager, no eye contact was made. I was a little taken aback by that, but shrugged it off figuring that the manager was probably tired. There was another round with a few engineers that I would be working with and I thought that went better. Technical questions, background, and culturally. I posed the question that I had previous coworkers that had worked at DriveTime and didn't say the best things about the company. They quickly dispelled it and said that it was a while ago and that they have resolved those problems. Moving onto the third round, there was a manager that entered the room with a grim look upon his face. He seemed very disinterested in interviewing me and when I tried to make small talk to make the interview more upbeat, it was to no avail. There was absolutely no swaying this guy from his sullen nature. He asked me about problems that I solved in my previous positions and standard questions. After asking him a few questions, he ended the interview and thanked me for my time. He didn't even escort me to the front of the building, but left me to wander.

A few days later, I received a email claiming that I had not been selected because I was "uninterested" in the position and seemed "arrogant". I was perplexed. Most of the interviews, I had to drive the questions about the company. The "uninterested" ones were the interviewers that didn't make eye contact nor ask questions. If this is an indication of the environment in their workplace, then I would suggest others to steer clear.

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a lovely recruiter and also did have an in-person interview with this company recently and it was a three panel interview. They went over my background, skills, asked typical behavioral questions and so forth.

At the conclusion of the interview, they asked me if I had some free time and I stated I did. One of the 3 panelists stated word-for-word that I made it to the 2nd round and asked me to wait to find another conference room since I was going to be interviewing a different group of people and if they were not able to find one, the recruiter will contact me back that day to reschedule the 2nd round interview.
    I did wait for 5 to 10 minutes and they advised me they could not find a room and the recruiter will follow up from there.
    Later that day, I received an automated rejection email.

With my honest opinion and critical feedback, that situation should of not happened at all whatsover and I should of not been deceived and given false hope and false promises. If I was not a good candidate for the role, I should of been sent kindly on my way with a generic response such as "If we decide to move forward with the process, we will contact you". I do not see the purpose of putting on an act like that since it is not constructive to anyone's time.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer?"   Answer Question