DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.3

Internet Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

The first guy asked me a few basic questions then wanted me to ask questions. I interviewed him more than he interviewed me. After that I sat with an agent for maybe 15 minutes listening to his calls. After that a completely different manager came and got me, we sat down and he asked if I had any questions. That was it the 2nd manager had nothing to say. I turned this job down it looked horrible and the commission was a joke.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Talent

Answering candidate's questions are an important part of our in-person interviews however we are disappointed to hear that you felt the questions didn't go both ways. Thank you for taking some time... More

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out to me via indeed and tell me my resume was awesome asked me to come in for an interview. Came in and talked to recruiter, recruiter liked me and said he always likes to have his director met everyone so I met him and for some reason the director didn't like me even though I nailed the interview and was over qualified. I could tell the recruiter was very disappointed when he came back to tell me "we will let you know Monday with results"

Interview Questions

• Why do you what to be apart of drivetime?   1 Answer

IT Applications Analyst - BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1.5 hours with 3 people (1 lead) and included going over the position, my resume in detail, a few questions (including a logic puzzle), and a tour of the ground floor of the facility.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose only one, which path would you choose: Management, technical guru, or business process analyst. Why?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mishawaka, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews! 1st two went well, 3rd one was horrible. The Area Director called me and did the interview on speaker phone, I had a hard time understanding him. After my interview, I was told all applicants would hear back in 24-48 hours. Never heard back, so I called and was told they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We take our hiring process very seriously and appreciate your feedback to help us address areas of improvement.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

After scheduling my interview with the recruiter, I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early. I checked in with receptionist and sat in the waiting area for 40 minutes. The girl who finally came and got me said she had to send some emails and apologized for being late, although I saw her talking with her coworkers for a good 15 minutes. As I toured the office, no one was dressed professionally. People were dressed in work out attire and casual attire. I was led to a random round table in the office where I was being interviewed by 4 employees. The interview was probably the worst 45 minutes of my life. These people were disrespectful and were more focused on going to there company outing than interviewing me. One of my interviewers asked why I thought I was qualified to be their intern if I had no experience in internal audit or with their company. The same interviewer also was disrespectful and made fun of some of my answers. After the interview, I was so excited to leave their office. I knew before leaving that this was not a company I would ever want to work for and that I would not get an offer. Safe to say, DriveTime was the worst company I have ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for the feedback. Although our Tempe Home Office has a casual interview style and environment, DriveTime absolutely values professionalism. We appreciate your feedback to allow us to... More

Dealership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Very brief and concrete set of questions. Very unprofessional. I ended up being interviewed by another staff member, after waiting for almost 20 minutes. I lost interest in wanting to get a job offer from them.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared in an effort to continue to improve our interviewing process. Thank you for taking the time.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially I spoke with a recruiter multiple times before I took some time to schedule an interview. Prior to the interview, the recruiter asked me research the company and that's when I really found out what this company does. Buying used cars, marking them up by 40%, and financing them at rates as high as 29% just seemed unappealing to me. However, I never turn down an interview, fully employed or not. In the interview I made a point to try to get the three employees interviewing me talking. One of them joked about failing cars, selling them at auction, then repurchasing them at auction, passing them, and selling them to customers in good condition. I just pretended that it didn't bother me that they found this funny. Later I asked them if prospective employees should be concerned with the fact that the owner of the company is a felon, as they would probably be expected to pass a background check. They just told me that the owner owned other companies too. Not completely unexpectedly, I was sent an email two days later that I was not being offered a position with DriveTime. I, however, will live as there are some things I will not do for money.

Interview Questions

• All their interview questions were generic. None of the interviewers were trained in methods of interviewing.   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As a company, we take great pride in our commitment to our customers to provide quality vehicles and are disappointed to hear your... More

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call for a phone interview maybe two weeks after I applied online, it was easy no hard questions then we set up a date for a face to face interview at my local Drivetime. Interview started at maybe 11:05 and was short maybe about 5 mins. The interview was very easy no hard questions at all he just wanted to know about experience and he seemed really passionate about who he wanted to hire which was cool with me. After the interview he said I should hear back in about a week after drug testing background check and DMV check. No call back yet.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

We are happy to hear about your overall positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy process that starts online and a few over the phone interviews (including Skype), 2-3 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• No comment in questions, you should be prepared for any question job related and personal questions.   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

We are glad to hear that our interviewing process went smoothly for you! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Phone interview,in person interview, Skype interview , takes the average two weeks drug screening that kind of deal. Be upbeat if you want the job they will train you and make you better sales person if you interested in that. Do have some experience swell a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Career paths and training are a large part pf DriveTime's culture and we are happy to hear this was a positive take away for you during your interviewing process. Thanks for taking the time to review!... More