DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2018

2.3

Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Online. Phone call. The. Face to face.
    They will ask you to agree to certain terms. However be weary. Many of these term or standard they call them will change month to month. Ask about change and hoe the company plans to work with you to make it flow smoothly.

Load Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. I applied through an employee referral. I had a 20-30 minute phone interview, then after the phone interview, she felt I was good enough to proceed to the in-person interview. In person, I was interviewed by two managers, and it was mostly a laid back interview, however, I went into the process very nervous so I may not have spoken as well as I am used to.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair so they called me for an interview. It was with 3 employees from different departments. It took place at there headquarters in Tempe.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about my resume on indeed. Shortly after I had my first interview with 2 managers and a couple of days later another Interview with the GM. The following day the recruiter called and made the offer.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jan 15, 2018 – Talent

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to DriveTime!

Data Science Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

The risk management director flat out said they have an expectation of working long hours plus weekends and that all the "rock-stars" there do so. I laughed and almost walked out in that moment. Then they sent in someone who was sick and couldn't shake my hand. Thanks, I was looking to get sick and not just from the DriveTime culture presented. I guess calling in sick is frowned upon too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on from start to finish? What's your management style? What's your thoughts on coding style?   Answer Question

Jan 15, 2018 – Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your impression of the company did not reflect our culture or core values. Your constructive feedback is important in our continual... More

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied Via Indeed got a call back from the Recruiter the next day...was told me that they were going to forwad on the resume to managment and take the next step...never got a call or face to face on this one which I thought was wierd as I am more than qualified for this role...they simply just sent an email say my qualifications did not match - which was wierd as I never spoke to an actual hiring manager...Very ugly I though as usually you get a face to face before you get shut down...Probably for the best as this is a rip off company anyways...they are predators when it comes to poor credit car deals and I know for a fact that they over charge by at least 3 times the amount for cars here...Do not recommend these guys are sketchy at best....

Interview Questions

• Basics how would you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Advance Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

not too stressful, more focused on team building and process than sales. Did 2 skype interviews and then an interview in person with GM. Company lacks a little professionalism just by nature because there is no formal training or training room. Your interview consists of whatever the GM wants to ask you and is generally more about feel than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you led a team of people past what they thought they could do?   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Talent

Welcome to the team! It is a priority for us to bring candidates on board who fit our culture and environment so our interviews are intentionally conversational and unstructured. With that being... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Was reached out to by Internal Audit Manager. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview. Came in for an in-person interview. There they have all the internal audit department come in and ask you questions and answer any questions you have. Came back in for another in-person interview where they have people from other departments ask you questions. A lot of the questions are typical interview questions. The main things they look for is, do they like your personality, can you hold a conversation and do you have good critical thinking skills so make sure you show those off. All the interviews were super casual and laidback.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience that reflected the company's culture.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Montgomery, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter about my resume on indeed. She asked basic questions and set me up with an in person interview. The interview process was very laid back. The manager seemed very quiet and easy going. I had an interview with the general manager and sales manager. I don't think they liked my laid back personality even though I was qualified for the job. They made it seem like I would be contacted soon by district manager; I received an email about 2 weeks later saying that they selected another candidate. Don't get your hopes up no matter what they say.

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Augusta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Worst interview ever !! I get pass my face to face meeting only to finish up my last interview but the AD was busy so they gave the decision to the GM I thought we was really seeing eye to because he said I was one of the best candidates but they conducted more interviews and went with another option

Interview Questions

• How is your customer service skills   1 Answer