DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for this job a couple of months ago online but received an email saying I did not qualify for the position. Over a month passed and I received a call from a DT recruiter saying they changed the parameters to the recruiter position and were interested in interviewing me. Recruiter went over the daily routine of the job as well as the average pay and how bonuses are achieved. She also asked me the same questions that they asked in the face to face interview(See Below) and gave me feedback on my answers and tips on how to improve my responses. She said I sounded like a good canidate and scheduled a face to face interview for the following Monday.

Went through 2 seperate interviews each lasting 30 minutes and was asked the exact same questions I went through on the phone with the recruiter. Once I finished with the first interviewer he left and a second person came in to interview me and asked the exact same questions. Felt I was ready with great responses and built great rapport with both of them. I asked multiple questions about the job and kept the interview flowing at a great pace. There were no dead silences or awkard moments. The hour flew by and I felt great leaving the interview.

Received the exact same automated email I had received previously stating I was not picked for the position because I was not a match for what they are looking for. Been in retail for 15 years including management and have experience in recruitment. They did mention a majority of people that were hired on have no past experience in recruiting so I can see why I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What kind of culture are you looking for here at Drivetime?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

There were two interviews, one with two supervisors, and one with the same two supervisors plus upper management. I was supposed to be interviewed by the CEO, who is a VERY invasive guy, but he was not able to interview me because he was on vacation. If you're going for an interview here, expect that he will interview you.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a printer that isn't working?   1 Answer

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Aug 22, 2018 – Talent Support Specialist

Since joining the company in March, our CEO, Don Reese, has been a hands-on and transparent leader. While he may participate in some interviews, it is not typical for every candidate to be... More

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter on Wednesday. The brief phone interview went very well. She commented several times what a good match my experience and skill set were to the open position. I had a Skype interview on Friday morning of the same week. He was friendly and asked several questions revolving around my experience, work history, how many people is supervised, direct reports, etc. The interview was about 45 minutes. There was a time for me, at the end of the interview, to ask questions as well. I asked about turnover, why the position was open, career path, and a day in the life of. He specially stated that I had the experience in management and people development they were seeking, and totally understood why the recruiter had forwarded my information. I asked what next steps were --- he said he'd get with the recruiter, compare notes, and get back to me with a day or so. It's been about 16 days and nothing. I even e-mailed the recruiter and asked for an update but only got unprofessional silence. The position sounded like an excellent match and I was excited to move forward. I have over 20 years of management including 15 years of multi-unit leadership, an MA and BA in business.

In the end, no one has e-mailed or contacted me regarding this position. I truly believe it was an age issue - I'm 50 and the person I interviewed with was early 30's at best. That's probably the reason for Skype in the first place --- check the candidates age and then move on if they aren't young enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history?
      How many direct reports did your supervise?
      Tell me how you recruit people?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was handled through Skype and face to face. The questions were not very hard nor were they very pointed. You will interview with EVERY manager in the organization it seems from the CEO down. They will put you through a grueling 7 hour interview process in Phoenix if you make it that far. I found it strange that the CEO asked me about my stance on gun control and racism in the United States, then I got a phone call a couple of days later asking about how I handled conflict in the workplace. The following day I was told I didn't get the job. Discriminate much against veterans?

Interview Questions

• What is your stance on gun control?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was positive, made it very clear to understand what was being asked of the position. Interviewer was firm but friendly, shared a little about themselves and their background with the company. Overall, the interview was not too bad.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Two Person Approach.No good cop bad cop they seem genuine, interested and engaging. Very friendly demeanor and light hear-ted enough to laugh at jokes etc . They took me to what looked like a board room and they sat on one end and i another and asked the interview questions n that manner back and forth about various things.

Interview Questions

• . Ask Direct questions about tell me something about your self. What Things could you improve on. Basic General questions as it relates to the specific job title   1 Answer

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in September 2010.

Interview

i had to interview with three different people. it was a pretty easy process, no big deal, but now they are making the process pretty difficult making the interview last all day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they low balled me on my hourly wage would have liked more $

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

An employee referral had my resume in front of a recruiter and in 1 day she called me. Had 1 interview with a recruiter and even though my specialty and bulk of experience isn't in collections (though I had been a collections manager before for about 2-3 years, my niche specialty is in underwriting). Since DriveTime had a severe need for collections representatives and managers, we pursued the conversation, and we were both very upfront about salary expectations and job path. Afterwards, I then had 2 Skype video teleconferencing interviews with upper management, who were very thorough in their knowledge of DriveTime and all it's subsidiaries. About a week later, since I'm currently living in a different state, they flew me to their location in Mesa, AZ for a face to face and site visit. Once there, I met 1 of the managers I Skyped with, and then met 2 other Managing Directors, toured the facility, shadowed a collections manager, had lunch with 3 other Managers during which we continued interviewing (informally through lunch). Everyone was so nice, and I thought the interviews went tremendously well. Then flew home....the next morning got a rejection email from a different HR recruiter than who I was speaking with the entire process and when I asked for critical feedback, no response, which I feel is totally unprofessional and up until that point this process was positive. Background: I'm new to the interview process (20 years removed actually), and since my current career is coming to an end via no choice of my own (private owner is retiring and closing business), I've been thrust into the world of the job hunt.

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Charleston, SC) in April 2012.

Interview

About a month after I filled out the application, I get a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview and asked pretty basic questions. She scheduled a face to face interview. When I got to the interview, the guy says he didn't even know he was supposed to interview anyone. The interview itself was laid back and he seemed like a nice guy. Two days later, I get an email saying I didnt have the experience they were looking for and they are pursuing other candidates. Why did they bother calling me for an interview? They saw my resume and knew what experience I had. People need jobs badly and these recuiters need to stop wasting our time and getting our hopes up for jobs they know all along we arent going to get.

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Birmingham, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Tuesday morning and received a call from a recruiter within hours of applying. I scheduled an interview the following week. The interview was very laid back with the Market Manager and Regional Manager from a different state because the company is new to in my area. The interview took about an hour. The following day, less than 24 hours after my interview, I received a call from recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. Very easy interview. They did ask me about my passion and things I like to do. But nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiations. I was advised before the interview the amount they were willing to pay.