ForeSee Reviews | Glassdoor

ForeSee Reviews

Updated December 18, 2018

Lenny Nash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Decent salary & benefits and free snacks" (in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits and a good work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's unfathomable given that the HQ is in Ann Arbor, one of the most diverse communities" (in 6 reviews)

• "Outside of the sales and client services departments, it can feel as if promotions or career growth opportunities are rare" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"ForeSee's solution works wonders"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For companies that leverage ForeSee in the way it's supposed to be used, they are able to accomplish amazing things. The culture, the team, the people are wonderful and we've seen dramatic improvements on those fronts over the last couple years too. Leadership (at least my leader) is compassionate, fair, smart, and helpful. Significant investments in product means an enhanced customer experience too.

Cons

ForeSee needs better marketing so more companies realize what a powerful solution is available to them. Sometimes we act a little bigger than we are, and get caught up with internal processes and procedures that can slow us down.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the product innovation. We are heading in the right direction. Things keep getting better and better!

"Great place"

I worked at ForeSee full-time

Pros

Tons of benefits working here.

Cons

Management changes too often unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

3. "Sinking Ship"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time

Pros

free snacks, co workers, bagels,

Cons

lack of focus, constant change, no future direction

"Growing Pains Can Hurt"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- ForeSee has always had an amazing ability to attract super smart talent. The people I work with are incredibly dedicated and awesome folks.
    - ForeSee's ability to continuously evolve to meet clients needs has been a hallmark of what we do.
    - We have the right leadership in place with a clear vision of where we are going.
    - We continue to evolve and bring solutions to the marketplace that help our clients make reliable and credible decisions to improve CX
    - Recent changes in the org structure

Cons

- The reorg was hard for those who were let go, they are our friends and we care about their well being.
    - Adjusting to change (new management, workload, etc.) can be difficult, but often comes with opportunity (sorry it's kind of a "pro").

Advice to Management

Continue to engage with those closest to the ground. The downsized town halls are fantastic. You have amazing talent in the org, engage those people... we all want great things for ForeSee

"Lot of changes, but really happy with the team and new structure"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time

Pros

The grit, humility, and passion of the team
    More transparency lately, with new CEO, regular updates, town hall format
    Flatter structure means more agile and increasing influence for many
    Honestly? Am happy to see certain toxic personalities gone. The team in place knows how to work together and pull people up.

Cons

With any reorg, morale took a hit as evidenced by our sudden drop in Glassdoor ratings. It's going to be a slow grind to recover momentum.

Advice to Management

We need to keep acknowledging the growing pains
    CSMs are dealing with the brunt of the pain but they're instrumental in making our clients happy
    Proactively ask for employee feedback - not just in town halls, but on 1-1s all the way down the ladder
    As a leader, it's easy to focus on the future and growth; but some people here are not keeping apace. Bring them with you on this journey.

"Conflicted business"

I worked at ForeSee full-time

Pros

Nice midwestern employee base. Interesting industry/market

Cons

Very uncertain business approach. A company in need of vision.

"Indifferent"

Pros

there were some really good people working here

Cons

No cash for raises, and no real leadership left

"Once great company destroyed by poor leadership"

I worked at ForeSee full-time

Pros

Some really smart, passionate people who care about their clients.

Cons

Leadership destroyed the company and the culture. Constant disruptive changes in strategy, direction and the organizational structure with an attitude of 'let's throw it against a wall and see what sticks'.

"What a failure..."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned from this failure

Cons

Here are my 10 signs (that I ignored but not really) that this company has no future.

1. The company is not using its own product.
    There is no measurements of what clients like, use, understand or want.
    It is funny and sad but ForeSee doesn't use almost any of the technologies they sell.

2. Disrespect to the customer.
    During my time with ForeSee I was witness to many horrible and disrespectful behaviors toward the customers. From "Our customers are idiots!" to "We should take them out of the stone age". Everything is documented in emails.

3. Broken culture #1.
    When I joined ForeSee there were 7 engineers on my team, 6 months later all of them quit. 3 of them quit while NOT having another job!

4. Broken culture #2.
    This problem was discussed with one of the executives however he called these engineers "quite a character". It was disrespectful and when more and more people were quitting it become embarrassing.

5. Broken culture #3.
    Some of the executives in the San Francisco office called the Ann Arbor office employees as "slow and comfortable people that don't care".

6. Company structure.
    The company has a very strange structure. There is only one person that takes 100% of technical, product and strategy decisions. There is no process of valuation and validation of those decisions. Under this leadership just about every engineering devisions became political.

7. Buzzwords.
    For the last 3 years the company was managed under a buzzword statement:
    "We are doing AI and Machine Learning", 3 years of investing and hiring of great engineers. However it was similar to navigating the ocean without a compass. A lead AI engineer summarized it in our last meeting: "The most horrible thing is that after 3 years we don't have a demo of what we are doing".

8. Competitive market.
    There are too many companies in this market. Majority of them are doing exactly the same things but better, cheaper and faster, providing the same features that ForeSee pioneered a few years ago.

9. Weak product.
    The company made a pivot from a service company to a SaaS company.
    However the company hasn't done the necessary steps to compete.
    There is no strong partnerships base, just a few weak integrations.
    There is no option to buy the product online so sales process is slow and very expensive. There is no incremental innovation, just a "buzzword" strategy.
    It goes back to #1 as this company is not using its own product.

10. Last and the most important.
    Most of the employees absolutely hate the popup (flagship) survey product.
    Many of them did not take a survey in years. It is hard to be innovative and inspired when you don't like the business your company in. It's even worse when the company leaders show the same attitude.

My predictions:

1. another layoff, probably in 3-6 months.
    There are 2 types of layoff, first type - when a company cuts everybody who is making $$$ just to meet a certain threshold, second type when - a company cuts all the unnecessary teams and slashes products that don't make money or have no future. Bad companies do the first one and then followup with the second. ForeSee just did the first one, the second one is coming soon.

2. The company will be sold again in 2019/2020. They are loosing too much.

Advice to Management

1. Company restructuring, have to hire a new Engineering Leadership in Ann Arbor.
    2. Investing just in features that make money, just focusing on a few things that would make money in 3-6 months and not in 3 years.

"I like it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. The people! Some of the smartest and most collaborative people I have had the pleasure of working with.

2. Medical benefits are great compared to what some of my friends have at local companies.

3. Schedule flexibility

4. Fair compensation

5. In all honesty I was very nervous after the layoff of about 10% of the 225-240 people in Ann Arbor last month but I was re-energized after yesterday's (9/27) town-hall in Ann Arbor that focused on the Customer Journey. The newly appointed CEO and CPO presented a clear path forward with what seemed like realistic sales goals and some very interesting product offerings for our clients.

Cons

1. Limited PTO (3 weeks)

2. Lots of change over the past few years. You have to be ready to roll with the changes and bring your A-GAME - you won't be bored working here.

3. The company seems to be struggling to define and cultivate a company culture.

Advice to Management

The recent layoffs were tough for everyone in Ann Arbor and those of us who survived are still a bit weary and unsure. I would suggest hosting more intimate meetings between Executive Leadership and individual teams. You have some great people working here, make sure they know you appreciate them by listening and investing in them. Don't just talk about it...

ForeSee Response

Sep 28, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and glad you got some value from the town hall meeting yesterday. I like your idea of more interaction with individual teams... I'll get some things on the calendar.