ForeSee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Bill Ruckelshaus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits and a good work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Decent salary & benefits and free snacks" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Additionally, there is a disturbing disconnection and miscommunication between the Ann Arbor and San Francisco offices" (in 5 reviews)

• "Outside of the sales and client services departments, it can feel as if promotions or career growth opportunities are rare" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"ForeSee's solution works wonders"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For companies that leverage ForeSee in the way it's supposed to be used, they are able to accomplish amazing things. The culture, the team, the people are wonderful and we've seen dramatic improvements on those fronts over the last couple years too. Leadership (at least my leader) is compassionate, fair, smart, and helpful. Significant investments in product means an enhanced customer experience too.

Cons

ForeSee needs better marketing so more companies realize what a powerful solution is available to them. Sometimes we act a little bigger than we are, and get caught up with internal processes and procedures that can slow us down.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the product innovation. We are heading in the right direction. Things keep getting better and better!

"Great place"

I worked at ForeSee full-time

Pros

Tons of benefits working here.

Cons

Management changes too often unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

"AI lead Engineer"

Current Employee - AI Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - AI Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart Exec. Lots of innovation

Cons

a good part of platform code is legacy

Advice to Management

execute faster on interesting ideas.

"Passion, Grit, and Perserverance"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time

Pros

People, people, people! ForeSee has a stellar team of passionate CX professionals as well as a very talented pool of product developers and engineers. Client consistently report that their #1 reason for using ForeSee is to gain access to this talented pool of people.

Still has that small-company, startup feel - with the right attitude, hard work, and natural curiosity - an employee can try on multiple roles in the organization and broaden their experience across the SaaS business landscape.

Now is the best time to be involved in the company - we have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our future and make it whatever we want it to be. Market disruption is ours for the taking! We just need to keeping using that ForeSee Elbow Grease!

Cons

Lots of changes - internally and externally - make working here a bit of a roller coaster. If you can't take that kind of ride - it may be a little hard to stay focused on the prize.

We have some tough competition right now - we can either see that and feel defeated - or we can accept the challenge and lean in for the kill.

The whole CX measurement marketplace is changing rapidly - this is a strange and exhilarating time to be employed in one of the top companies in that playing field. If you don't have the stomach for constant change, you could find yourself at a little paralyzed to move forward.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to what your client-facing teams are telling you that the clients NEED and WANT right now! The future is very important - but we need to bring our current clients along on that journey.

LISTEN to what your staff is telling you THEY need right now. We have extremely talented teams - let's enable them to deliver the world-class service that we can!

Make a plan, stick to the plan, deliver on the plan. FOCUS is so important right now.

Value the people around you who want you to succeed - give them the permission, the support, and the freedom to make that possible.

"Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Client Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Client Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great lower level management and a lot of good people doing good work.

Cons

Senior management and the board of directors does NOT understand the key value proposition and has been doubling down on failing strategies recently.

Advice to Management

Not much you can do at this point. Should have listened to what all your employees have been telling you for the last 3 years instead of deciding you were a software company instead of a consulting firm.

"Enterprise Account Manager"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of brilliant minds at ForeSee. Good benefits and a good work/life balance. They have decent pay.

Cons

For a variety of factors, the product is a little behind the curve. Methodology is great, but the industry may be going a different direction.

Advice to Management

More communication and transparency from senior management. A lot of uncertainty needs to be addressed in order to retain your top talent long-term.

"Growing market"

I worked at ForeSee full-time

Pros

Former CEO Pete Daffern was a visionary leader. I see negative comments on here and have to disagree. Everyone had his cell number and when he was in town he always made an effort to talk and ask how I was. From my perspective Pete and his management team appeared to operated honestly and ethically against some pretty serious challenges in the CX market.

The team of people I worked with. Team leads and managers were really supportive and you get to work with some fantastic brands and make a difference.

Career opportunities if you want them. The best and most committed people got recognized and rewarded with promotions and attendance at events like Presidents club.

Vision for technology. Two years ago prior to Pete, ForeSee was an analyst company. Now it's on its way to being a full grown software company.

Cons

ForeSee has been transitioning for the past two years from an insights and analysis company to a software company. Everyone sees the efforts and progress but you do get to feel the growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the 'suiteness' and culture the organization had.

"Has Become Absolutely Toxic"

Pros

There are some initiatives which are positive and head towards a more complete SaaS solution that management is trying to offer to customers. Some middle management, especially in Development, is quite strong.

Cons

After recent layoffs, the culture of the company has become increasingly toxic. Folks are confused about new roles and there has been an additional exodus of experienced people. This has caused lots of concern from upper management, which is reflected via the stifling of ideas from lower ranks or any dissent.

The company’s direction is also quite hazy. The strategy appears to be a push towards buzzword tech with no understanding of the customer value proposition or market offering.

Advice to Management

The company needs to get back to basics. There is a need to narrow focus. It has been asked of employees in the past for them to not doubt the intentions of management; it’s important to nurture and listen to ideas coming from lower ranks.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at ForeSee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers are nice and good people. I wish upper management would see this in their employees. Instead, employees are laid off.

Cons

The leadership. Its very clear they don't know what to do. Every couple of months we are hearing about a new direction. I think, they are panicking and so do we. Three years ago the current Chief Product Officer decided that we will switch from a traditional services company to a modern SaaS company. However, non of them know how to manage and lead this type of company. Nobody (our clients) want to pay 100K for a software that only 2 people can use. They loved our insights but now we are pushing them online.
    Additionally, there is a disturbing disconnection and miscommunication between the Ann Arbor and San Francisco offices.

Advice to Management

Hire somebody who can run a SaaS company.
    There is no real CEO ...
    The company does have potential growth!

"EAM"

I have been working at ForeSee full-time

Pros

A lot of tactical work that does not pay off

Cons

some departments are not incented to support client needs. This can have a negative effect on business.

Advice to Management

start over with PS, the model is not working.