GAINSCO Reviews | Glassdoor

"PD Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - PD Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - PD Claims Adjuster in Miami, FL

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that has done claims before knows that it's not an easy Job. But having a great Manager in the PD side makes it all worth it. I've worked in many large companies before but I can definitely say That Sandy (Sandra Roman) is a class act and Gainsco is really lucky to have her as a Manager for the Property Damage Department. Thank You Sandy for making our difficult position a lot more stress free. She is strict but also so fair and is always there to hear you out. Love her honesty but also love her fairness. Her management skill are like none I've ever seen before. She cares about her team and backs them up 100%. Always looking out for her department and makes it a fun environment. I could definitely keep on going when it comes to the biggest pro why I choose to stay with Gainsco company but I definitely had to let it be known that if you accept a position in the property damage department you will definitely appreciate the Manager that runs that Department and makes our jobs a little bit easier..

Cons

Pay! I wish Gainsco can at least raise the Salary for the claim adjusters. Other then that the company is Great!

Advice to Management

Really all I can say about the company is that they really should look into raising up the salary just a bit. Level 1 reps $45-46k to start and Level 2's. 58,000. You have a lot of employees that really love the company and the great family environment that Gainsco has. Don't lose great employees due to pay. Either way I am here to stay and hope to grow with a Great company that definitely give employees the potential for growth.

2. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at GAINSCO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture at this company! Very team and results orientated organization. Loved management as well as the fact that this company is small enough that you can recommend changes and if it makes sense you can truly make an impact.

Cons

Large Territories 5-6 hour drive times in some cases.

Advice to Management

Management was great

"Get Out"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster Trainee in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster Trainee in Doral, FL

I worked at GAINSCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and Good Pay.

Cons

The reason why they have good benefits and offer a decent salary is to draw you in to accept their job offer. This place has one of the worst turn over rates I've ever seen and for good reason. They over work you to the point where it offsets any benefits from your salary(your probably making minimum wage). The supervisors micromanage to the point where they are creating their own inefficiencies and make the already unmanageable workload impossible to complete. This is possibly done to justify their own positions since such a small place does not require so many supervisors for some departments. Upper management has no problems openly mistreating the employees to the point of indignity. Management makes no secrets about openly contacting other employees(not HR) at your prior work places to get dirt on you(this is probably illegal), very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Gainsco needs to look at hiring an efficiency expert for their Miami office. They should also probably hire someone to retrain HR representatives as well as the supervisors as to proper hiring protocol as they are creating situations that are possibly putting the company at risk to suit.

"I wish I could give 10 stars!"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at GAINSCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cant say enough great things about this company! The executives, managers and employees are all so warm and made me feel welcome from my first day. Very much a family atmosphere. If you have a chance to work here i would highly reccomend. The hardest thing that i have ever done was to leave and only time will tell if it was the right decision or a huge mistake

Cons

I cant think of a single one.

Advice to Management

Everyone from Glenn and Bob on down are great! Keep doing what you are doing and Go Gainsco!

"Growing, fast paced, and rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work here are fantastic. Truly nice and caring people. They care about your success and your growth in the company. The CEO is a forthright but careful leader who makes good decisions based on the current insurance landscape. A wonderful place to be for a long time!

Cons

Since it's a smaller company you must wear many hats. We have grown fast and a lot of our processes and systems are inefficient and cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Make evolving our systems and processes a priority.

"Level II Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster II in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster II in Dallas, TX

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Before I applied, I already heard great things about the company from a colleague, but actually working here has well my expectations. What impresses me the most with Gainsco is the strong leadership. The culture is very positive and the company is clearly headed in the right direction.

Cons

Do not have any cons.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Gainsco for 6 months. Friendly work environment, nice boss.

Cons

For now.. if there must be one.. not many restaurants near the office...

"Gainsco is a dream"

I have been working at GAINSCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teamlike environment. Departments are very collaborative and proactive. Wonderful place to learn and develop. Working here is enjoyable.

Cons

There really aren't any that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Technician in Dallas, TX

Pros

Encourage you to learn and expand your knowledge
    Supportive Management
    Nice Benefits.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Never forget that happy employees equal happy customers.

"Slave Ship"

Former Employee - Bodily Injury Adjuster in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Bodily Injury Adjuster in Miami, FL

I worked at GAINSCO (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck

Steady work

Cons

Unachievable metrics imposed on employees so that at the end of the year performance reviews are low and raises are next to nothing.

No bonuses.

Incredibly high claim count per Adjuster.

Extremely high turnover of both management and staff.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees.