GreyB Reviews | Glassdoor

GreyB Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.6
GreyB CEO Deepak Syal (no image)
Deepak Syal
Pros
Cons
  • "The thing is that people here prefer work-life harmony to work-life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Worst thing is a bond for two years(in 8 reviews)

1. "Complete review"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Mohali, Punjab

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sallery sallery sallery and sallery

Cons

Lack of profesionalism. People tends to be excessively friendly but are fake. Excessive work pressure. Unprofessional HR. Long working hours . People are less knowledgable. Worst option for long term career for freshers.

Advice to Management

Be professional

GreyB2019-12-05

"Associate Solutions"

Current Employee - Associate Solutions

I have been working at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Great learning experience 2. Healthy working environment 3. Visible growth 4. Consistent performance review 5. Flexible timing

Cons

I don't see any cons till now

GreyB2019-09-10

"Sky is the limit!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay Flexible Working Hours International Exposure They provide you a lot of learning material.

Cons

During Peak Time, long working Hours!

GreyB2019-08-23

"A Workplace of Freedom: One that would get you out of your cocoon..."

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Mohali, Punjab

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before I tell you the pros, let me brief you about my tenure at this place: I have been working here for more than 2 years now. I will try not to sugarcoat anything and say it outright: It's not ALWAYS easy. And of course, I have thought about leaving this company more than a couple of times. But then, each time, I have found more than a few reasons to stay, too. And let me clear, money is not one of the reasons... (albeit they pay you more than enough). As I said, it's not always easy, but it's definitely worth it. (Sorry for the cliché.) So, here are the reasons for me deciding to continue working here, even though my bond is complete, and I'm hundreds of miles away from home: 1. Freedom of thought, speech, action and interaction: This is a place where you'll get the freedom/independence/chance to exercise what you believe in or are passionate about or bring a positive change in the MO, no matter your designation. For example, when I joined the company two years back, I was able to identify that writing skills of my co-workers could be improved in order to further improve the deliverables that we send out the client. And guess what, I was given the opportunity to take sessions on English here! I mean, come on, in which company have you seen people being open to accepting that a junior would help them improve, and that too through sessions on communication. More than that, I felt the freedom to speak my thoughts and get them implemented. Furthermore, to encourage the culture of freedom, the workplace has been designed such that you can, any minute, go a few steps and approach the Group Manager or the AVP, without thinking twice. Yes, they do not sit in isolated, distant cabins here -- ones that would make you feel hesitant. Plus, to promote freedom of expression, we have an internal forum here, where any employee can create a thread for ANY topic that they want to discuss or spread awareness about. 2. Get paid for the quality of work that you deliver. Work good. Earn good. That's the policy. This is to say that if you possess/learn the virtues of a Manager within 4 years of job, you'll get promoted to being a manager even if there are seniors with 5/6 years of experience but lacking the required virtues. That's fair enough, right?! (Also, this creates a thought process of keeping growing all the time.) 3. One-to-one mentorship: Yes, I count this as a pro because you get your personalized training from a mentor who is dedicatedly assigned to you. And they are all in to groom you into a professional with the right values and virtues to have expedited learning and growth curves. Plus, the mentors and managers make every effort to make this place a healthy work environment for you (unless you are the office politics-lover sort). 4. Help you get out of your cocoon. I really cannot believe how much I've grown in just 2 years. Now of course, I led a couple to teams back in college, but what I actually needed to be a good professional needed me to get out of my comfort zone. And, even though that doesn't sound very comfortable, I was more than happy when I saw the end result. Today, I am more sorted, clear-headed, confident about what I am, know about where I need to improve, and what would keep me going. 5. Learning new things everyday. This place is for people who want to keep learning and growing their knowledge base all the time. So, I've worked on countless number of technologies till now, and know the newest happening in most domains. So, if you're the learning sort, this place is awesome.

Cons

No place is perfect, neither are we. So, I'll be as honest for the cons as I was for mentioning the pros. Longer-than-usual office hours. In the beginning, it was quite difficult to convince my parents that this is where I want to continue working. They were worried because the usual time when everybody ends their shift is between 7 and 8 PM. Plus, on some rare days, you sit till 10 or 11. And on even the rarest... days, you sit beyond that, too. And well, both of my parents are government employees. So, for them, a 10-hour job is a lot for their little child, of course. Plus, the hours when we get off from the office on rare days would not be called the safest by many. (As a solution, though, you can have your own vehicle if possible. And if not, the company does provide free cab service at whichever hour demanded.) It gets worse in case of short-deadline projects, when we need to work for longer hours throughout the week or so; or if not that, we sometimes need to come of the weekend. It is physically and mentally exhausting. (But if slots are free, you can definitely take a day off after a busy project. I've been fortunate enough, I guess.) The thing is that people here prefer work-life harmony to work-life balance. This is to say that you should be able to get your personal work done, even on a weekday if that's the case, by taking a 2-hour break from work and compensating by sitting an extra 2 hours. So, that's that.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management would be: 1. To better the environment in such a way to hire and grow MORE people quickly. This way, the workload would be divided and the people might feel more relaxed while working. 2. Consider the "people" working here as people rather than just resources before saying 'Yes' to short-deadline/demanding projects. Following these might actually improve the retention rate.

GreyB2019-08-25
  5. "Amazing place to kick start your sales career"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in New Delhi

I worked at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning opportunity for individuals.

Cons

Opportunity for growth is limited

GreyB2019-09-08

"Workload is high"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I have been working at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff friendly but not company

Cons

Workload is very high. Deadlines are so short that you have to give extra time to complete the projects. undeserving ones are promoted to higher level. They do not understand the project situation and just allocate it.

Advice to Management

No advice. They will not listen.

GreyB2019-04-07

"Associate"

I worked at GreyB full-time

Pros

Provides you an extensive knowledge about the technological advancements, along with the big corporate secrets.

Cons

I am not sure, the list will fit in here as it is that long. Starting with the introduction: Expecting a lot on the first day of your new job, GreyB, a leading IP company, won't be providing you with any welcome notes, well, however, they expect to consider this company as their family. Work: Ever worked like a robot in the training itself with a stipend of 5000(where you are not even sure, they will hire you... or not. In most of the cases they dont.) This could be summed up in their business model, whereby they know very well how to derive work from trainees, hence saving their resources. Master plan. Full time employees: LOL. The irony lies in the fact that, yes they work full time of their day for a single project because they're managers are so "cooperative". Well, the explanation they would give to this is that, it happens only sometimes, or we don't force people to overtime. (Don't believe, it's just another master plan) Breaks: A coffee/tea machine is too much to ask for? With GreyB, I would say, yes. No, no, they have the answer to this also, that we guve you recharge of 540. Okay. With coffee costing 45, and tea costing 15, and working all day long, how do you expect people to live? But of course, then you have this drama: we hire only exceptional people. NO. You hire people who are ready to sacrifice their personal lives for you and just think about your profit. An organisation that is completely profit based when it comes to keeping their employees happy. The struggle doesn't here. Gender biases also come along with GreyB. Where women are paid for their cabs when they late stay, men are given an excuse: you are men, you don't need that. I mean who decided that? There motto of if it exists we wil find it. Of course, it has to be true with all the forced hardwork that employees do. But, with great master minds, they are also great actors. Doing all sort of drama of motivational emails to boost employees' energy is just a stunt they use to tell them, that we care for you. Real picture is very different. Don't join this organisation If you want to grow or have a nice professional life.

Advice to Management

Please spare your employees. They did alot for you. It's your time to give back.

GreyB2019-04-02

"Please join the company if you are okay with sacrificing your daily 14-15hours in office"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in SAS Nagar

I worked at GreyB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work culture is fine but cons are way more.

Cons

No work life balance, trust me they shoot so many emails saying that to become an achiever you need to work hard and bleh bleh bleh...but then they don't understand that being a human you need to maintain balance between personal life and work life too even though you are hardworking or Willing to achieve more in young age... Also, Saturday is kept as working day to make sure that employees are made to work complet... day on Saturday and yeah! they don't give even laptops to beginners, so you can't listen to music and pass your time..! Operations people are made to work like as if they are machine not human beings, whereas other departments are given the leverage of holiday on Saturday and all... So please don't look forward to get recruited in this company for operation department.

Advice to Management

You need to provide some kind of perks atleast, even the tea is not free of cost.

GreyB2019-02-16

"Harsh working condition and too much work"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Chandigarh

I worked at GreyB full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good increament in salary and location

Cons

Workload and no fixed time to leave

Advice to Management

Number of employee should be more

GreyB2018-12-07

"good company as per my opinion"

I have been working at GreyB full-time

Pros

best among all in chandigarh

Cons

cant think of any right now

GreyB2018-09-30