Found 10,877 of over 13K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about IQVIA
Pharma and Biotech
I have 15 years of experience, started in Consulting (4 years) in Singapore, then in pharma for two companies (8 years) in Singapore and Denmark and now I'm in IQVIA. In pharma I've had regional and global roles in portfolio management, business development/ corporate strategy, intelligence. Moved to US to IQVIA and had to take a few steps back, mostly I feel to bridge lack of US experience. Feel like I can offer more based on my experience. Trying to break into global pharma role. Any advice?
Life Sciences Consulting
A genuine question: Seeing some really good strategy projects at IQVIA. But for some reason IQVIA strategy consulting seldom mentioned here in top companies to aspire for. IMO IQVIA strategy punches way below its weight. Wonder why? Is IQVIA brand getting equated to data affecting the perceptual map?
Got a burning question about IQVIA? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with IQVIA employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good and working time is very flexible for Analytics" (in 959 reviews)
- "The people are great and very welcoming; the hours can be flexible depending on what I have on my plate" (in 485 reviews)
- "Good benefits with vacation and leaves" (in 479 reviews)
- "Work from home and flexible" (in 339 reviews)
- "the work culture is good and lots of different projects going on with various tech stacks." (in 309 reviews)
- "Learning curve is low and salary is low." (in 489 reviews)
- "poor management: they are very busy so they only focus on micromanagement and admin." (in 373 reviews)
- "Very fast paced and the pay is low given the amount of work that is expected." (in 229 reviews)
- "simply they commit the project delivery date to stake holders and forced to work long hours." (in 95 reviews)
- "Heavy work load but that is the nature of the job/area" (in 88 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of IQVIA and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 1.0Aug 23, 2023Manager ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
They have the data, that's why they are still surviving
If you're in pharmaceuticals and in need of data, your ONLY option is to purchase IQVIA's raw data and handle the analytics in-house. Be cautious when relying on their in-house models or analytics; these are often subject to manipulation through methods they describe as "smoothing" or "imputation," essentially compromising the data's statistical validity. While IQVIA does have an abundant supply of valuable data, their capacity for sound analysis is questionable at best. A significant portion of their managerial staff has limited understanding of statistical principles, yet they don't hesitate to adjust data to align with preconceived "expected outcomes." If clients were privy to these flawed practices, they would most likely disregard the end product. (Although, if you're simply seeking validation for your preferred results, IQVIA is excellent at creating those illusions). Employees holding advanced degrees are regularly sidelined, with advancement opportunities primarily reserved for those who can persuasively present flawed data to both clients and senior management.6
IQVIA Reviews FAQs
IQVIA has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 13,199 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at IQVIA to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of IQVIA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated IQVIA 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.