Iris Software Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sanjiv Khanna

Pros
Cons
  • Notice period is 90 days and get ready to be harassed during that period (in 5 reviews)

• no one is thinking of growth here (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"IRIS is a good organisation in Total :)"

I have been working at Iris Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was going through the review of our org on Glassdoor and bumped at negative reviews of the org. I have been part of the organisation for last 3 years & I was amazed with these reviews.
    If you notice all the negative reviews are copied again & posted and I believe they are coming from one chap.
    Let me be honest, IRIS in total is a good organisation. Yes it is not a brand org but at their level they are good. We are growing at a good pace.
    Org is now taking a new building as well which is great news. Going for CMMI 5 certification too. Headcount is increasing. All in all , org is expanding at a good speed.
    I believe no org can grow without the essence of happy employee, work culture or our core technical work.
    If you are looking for a good place to settle down, you can join IRIS.

Cons

Fun Fridays should be done on monthly basis.

2. "Good Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Edison, NJ

I worked at Iris Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with IRIS for over 5 and a half years and I had a great time working there. I learnt a lot over the years and had a great bunch of co workers. It was a good balance of work and fun. Management has an open door policy where they take employee suggestions into consideration if it is in the best interest of the company. The company has grown 3 times in size for the period I worked there, so its growing at a very good pace. Great place to make a good amount of money as well (provided you are good at what you do). They are also really nice people outside of work and try to help you even if you have a personal problem. All the managers I reported to over the time I spent there were really nice to me. I had to relocate due to personal family reasons or I would have probably still been with the company but I still keep in touch with the many friends I made there.

Cons

Every company has its ups and down but there was nothing really bad that I can point out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and you have an awesome team of highly qualified smart professionals out there.

"Cheating is a culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good client contacts, which are actually throwing them out one by one

Cons

- Promised GC process to start in 2 months of joining, which never happened.
    - Do not communicate policies while joining, nor verbal nor documentation
    - Only after joining, I was told in response to my first leave application that you cannot take any leaves for 6 months from the date of joining.

Advice to Management

Sincerity!! Oh and ya it means "the quality of being free from pretense, deceit, or hypocrisy."

5. "Business Support Manager Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I worked at Iris Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Jad a very easy onboarding process.

Cons

Never got me an answer as to why my contract was terminated. Also because I had no timesheet for the last day I was at my job, they refused to pay me.

Advice to Management

Fight for you consultants to be paid, after all you don't get paid if I don't.

6. "Sr Database Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Database Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Database Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Iris Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gr8 salary benefits! Good support from HR and Technical Recruiter . Nice Medical benefits

Cons

Doesn't have much client base. Once the assignment is over, hard to find the next assignment

"Recruitment Company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Iris Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wish I could mention advantage to work here... I am sorry...

Cons

Oh - Long List - I am working here from 3 Years now... I am really sick and tired of this company... I wish I was not at H1 - I would of quit this very next day...

Worst company to work for recruiters
    Don't have much business apart from 2-3 clients - if clients are down - they will start thinking recruiters are of no use & then be ready to get humiliated on every job you work.
    One man company - if you are in his good books - you will get free hires - eat drink & be merry... if not then god save you...
    No matter how much experience you have - how much years you give to them at work - you will always be puppet for their recruitment head
    Cheap Level Politics... Even Leads are just for sake of it - cant even decide flow of work on their own... plus company is too much partial for some of lucky one's...
    HR is just a puppet... working on paperwork stuff - they do nothing on employee grievances and concerns...

Advice to Management

Either management is clueless of what these recruitment leads are doing - either they are part of it... Happy to see that they have reached at some level - Will be surprised to see if they grow like their competition while working in current format...

8. "Senior Database Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Good Financial clients.
    Flat structure.

Cons

Don't see much Compensation and benefits/ perks.
    No training or tuition reimbursement of technical skills

Advice to Management

Nothing at the moment

""Place full of Politics, avoid at any cost""

I have been working at Iris Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great recruitment team due to which the company is running. Big boss is a good person but the people below are the problem. Good place if its your first job in the USA on H1B. Work for a year and quit.

Cons

Worst place you could possibly work. No respect for their recruiters. Place is full of politics. Treat your manager like God he will give you "free placements" and you can make money and become rich. If you a hard worker they will treat you bad and try to put you down, make a fool of you and make fun of you. I have been made fool and fun of all the time. I am on H1B so cant do anything. All managers have huge egos and work with egos. One of the managers blocks resumes from being submitted to client if you are not in his team. Only join if you can worship your manager or are willing to work in a frustrating environment.. They have a divide and rule mentality. They are supposed to conduct training every 2 weeks on Friday but make their recruiters only do the training as they are lazy and do not know how to train people.

Advice to Management

Please look after your people, do not differentiate between people and play politics. And leave your egos at home. Start treating all employees equally and do not reward people based on your personal relationship with them, reward them because they work hard. We dont want free breakfast, we want respect.

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

None I could think of. They believe in putting employees under pressure. Not a fun place to work.

Cons

Blame game. Thankless work culture. No respect for commitment towards employees. Zero focus on employee growth

Advice to Management

Please be respectful to employees and treat them fairly after all they make money for you.

"Worst Staffing Agency"

I have been working at Iris Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really nice people working at IRIS who also got fooled into joining this chop shop staffing agency. They also provide free breakfast on Fridays. I would trade the free breakfast for some respect though.

Cons

Nothing anyone does is ever good enough. Always expected to get "one more"... But when you are not meeting their high and unreasonable expectations you are treated like you don't exist.

Advice to Management

Remember when you point a finger at someone, there's three fingers pointing back at you! Your company is failing not because of the people working hard for IRIS everyday... It's because of the lack of true leaders to drive the company.