Matlen Silver Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim DeSilver

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Work hard and play harder!!! I love my coworkers and the opportunity to make $$$

Cons

It's not a 9-5 job

"RUN AWAY!! ."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Matlen Silver full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Virtually none. They claim you will make a ton of money, but the compensation structure does not compare at all to other companies. Also, the trip to Mexico they boast is not comparable to the multiple trips a year competitors have for top performers.

Cons

The director expects you to work until midnight every night. There is no training even though they say their training is superb. It is in fact, a waste of time. Management is extremely sexist, but claims this just the way things have been done there for years. It was an extremely uncomfortable working environment. The team is back stabbing and management supports it.

Advice to Management

Change your management team. You are all pigs or snakes. There is absolutely no ethics. Even if you do you your job and have deal you will be laid off because you do not fit in the boys club culture.

3. "Senior Web Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Herndon, VA

I worked at Matlen Silver (More than a year)

Pros

Short Term Excellent process for Hiring

Cons

None

"Recruiter Review"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Matlen Silver full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with this company for a little over a year now, Matlen Silver is a great place to work with a great environment. We have fun here but we also work together as a team to accomplish our goals. This company teaches you to work harder then you ever have before. They will teach you the ropes and everyone is always there for you when you have questions or just need to be picked up.

Cons

Prepare to work hard and put in extra time

"Great people and work environment!"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Matlen Silver (More than a year)

Pros

*This was my first staffing job and the management here really put in the time and training to make sure I succeeded and continue succeeding. I can go to anyone with any questions at anytime. Even our COO. The support here is huge!
    *I can truly count on my coworkers and I really enjoy being in the office with everyone. It's definitely a work hard, play hard environment.
    *Management likes to promote from within which is great! You are also able to decide your own path whether it's on the Recruiting side or Sales side, or even becoming a Branch Manager. There's no end to growth, it just depends on the work you want to put into your future here.
    *I know staffing is a competitive industry because there are so many of us out there, and I have friends that work at many of these competitors, but I can honestly say that they call or text me all the time asking where I work because the environment is so amazing here and we keep it fun in this roller coaster of a job. I have much respect for everyone here!

Cons

If you don't like the "work hard" part or putting in time after hours, then this probably isn't the best fit for you. It's not a 9-5 or 8-5, and do those really even exist anymore?!

Advice to Management

Keep going! Training is getting better and better and I'm thankful for that!

"Awesome company and culture!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Matlen Silver full-time

Pros

I have been working for Matlen Silver for over 3 years and absolutely love it! The leadership within the company is outstanding and they truly care about the success of their employees. Our office culture is unlike any company I have ever worked for before. We have fun, we work together, we're passionate about what we do, and ultimately we are successful because of our teamwork! It's the best feeling in the world to wake up and want to go to work. Matlen Silver is the best company I have ever worked for and I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. You get out what you put in, so if you are willing to work hard then you'll reap the benefits.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Good ethical company to work with.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at present.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Matlen Silver full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management team invests in the training and development of every single employee. It's an open-door work environment - you can walk up and speak to the COO as easily as one of your peers. They are always willing to change and adapt for the betterment of the company. It's a fun work environment, where everyone is willing to help you succeed.

Cons

Not really a con, but it could be for some: it's a lot of work and you truly have to be dedicated if you want to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep going!!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Management is invested in your success, and tries to be as available as possible. Coworkers are very positive even though it's a demanding role. Everyone wants to help you when you start, and as you progress. They are honest about how challenging the positions are here, but also about income potential. Promotions are available to everyone if you put in the work to earn it.

Cons

It's not exactly a con, but you have to be willing to spend time with new employees on a regular basis to help develop them, and this can take a chunk of time out of your already busy day. So it helps to stay after hours with those newer employees, and this way they don't feel as if they are bothering you either. But you do have to commit the time.

Advice to Management

please continue developing new training techniques for existing employees

""One of the best places to work""

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Matlen Silver full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing but a great experience since my 2 years at this company. They took me in as a fresh graduate and gave me hands on training into the role. I immediately became part of the team and felt welcome. I got promoted after my first year. Great commission structure and a base salary.

Cons

I wasn't able to qualify for the Cancun trip because I started later in the year. but I am eligible now

Advice to Management

Change qualification for Cancun