MedOptions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Ed Mercadante

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No one excels in this company, it's filled with lifers that make less than a dollar more than they did when they started over a decade ago (in 3 reviews)

• Some long-term care facilities are very difficult to practice in (eg, lack of privacy, lack of space) (in 2 reviews)

"OK place to work"

Pros

Fexible schedule and steady job.

Cons

Upper management very disconnected. No incentives or acknowledgement.

Advice to Management

Value what you have!

2. "Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the doctors I work for

Cons

Boss! Refuses to pay overtime yet expects everything to get finished on time.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees overtime.

"Sadly, it was not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Louisville, KY

I worked at MedOptions (More than a year)

Pros

Nice schedule, when it was not changed at the very last minute

Cons

Untruthful in job assignments, giving you a generic job description that is not appropriate. No benefits to speak of. When I resigned, because I had been less than a year, they refused to pay me 90 hours of EARNED vacation time. That is enough to be considered a bad place to work. No concern for practitioners. Horrible communication. Poor equipment to work with. Outright untruthfulness from management.

Advice to Management

Practitioners are what keeps your big CEO and manager salaries. Treat Practitioners and clinicians fairly, better benefits, do not ruin your reputation by refusing to pay earned vacation hours, regardless of how long an employee stays. That is cheap and well, your reputation is spreading.

4. "Patient referrals specialist"

Former Employee - Patient Referral Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Referral Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The culture and the environment was very respectful.

Cons

Compensation Was not that great

5. "ARNP"

I have been working at MedOptions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of . . . . . Currently looking for a new job.

Cons

Lack of knowledge in many aspects, poor management, poor (or lack of) communication.

Advice to Management

Oversee what's going on in your company (from clinicians, to HR, to management, to the billing dept, and documentation forms), ask your employees for feedback on issues so you can improve as a company. Also, improve communication.

"Np"

Former Employee - Psychologist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Psychologist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible and competitive pay and independent

Cons

No admin support and lack of training and all they look at is numbers . High turnover

Advice to Management

They need to put more effort in training and retaining employees

"Not my experience !"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Springfield, MA

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with MedOption for over 4 years and have found it to be the best employer I've had.
    Caring for Seniors in a Nursing Home is very rewarding. I am always disheartened to read reviews that are hurtful and misleading and detracts from the work I do.
    I have a great Monday - Friday schedule with no on call. I have time to refresh on the weekends!

Cons

Too many emails !! Use a newsletter instead.

Advice to Management

You can't make everybody happy - but keep trying!

"Toxic culture"

I have been working at MedOptions (More than 3 years)

Pros

The patients are the only pro

Cons

This company is a toxic waste site. The work environment is hostile and ethical corners are repeatedly cut.
    A sinking ship & its time to jump off...

Advice to Management

The CEO has ruined what was once a respected company with valuable services.

"at medoptions your life comes last"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time

Pros

the only pro is leaving work at 4:30

Cons

every year we have memorial day off of work and this year was no different. with only four days notice they said we have to cancel any plans we made be it vacation or family or cookouts. because they decided we should work

my kids have no school that day and i have not arranged for any daycare or babysitting and now im stuck in between a rock and a hard place to find someone to watch my kids.

i shared this dilemma with my supervisor and they said "my kids are not their problem" and that if i didnt figure it out i would be written up and possibly fired
    i cant stop crying this day has been a nightmare and the supervisors in the break room were laughing about me crying and said "it must be that time of month"

once again this is with only 4 days notice they took this day off away from us

the entire company is talking about this injustice and panicking because no one wants to be disciplined because they said that they wouldnt forget who didnt put the effort in. it would be a different story if they gave us a little bit of notice. and if they didnt tell us that work should come first. but now many of us dont know what to do with ours kids

The company doesnt care about being fair or your personal life.

you cant get promoted at this job.

the only reason i know about this website is because they ask us to put favorable reviews about the company to help us get ahead

Advice to Management

treat us like humans and ed needs to stop being a bully
    were all scared to lose our jobs

"Delusional management, disappointed staff"

Former Employee - Finance
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at MedOptions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes they give us disgusting pizza and what ever left overs from the conference where the CEO decided he didn't want to eat after all.

Cons

This company is so disorganized and corrupt. The company is hemorrhaging from all angles. The employees are incredibly underpaid, overworked and reprimanded for the smallest of things. For example waiting taking too long to pour your coffee if you wait for the last drips of the pot. Since everyone is so high strung all of the other women in the office are at each others throats. It's completely hostile.

Management will do nothing to boost morale. The CEO stomps around with his Napoleon complex belittling all employees and showing everyone the extent of his power.

Not only this but management including the CEO has asked everyone in this company relentlessly to write positive reviews favoring the company in hopes to enlist new talent.

One of the departments having zero proper management has resulted in so much lost money, yet they are the only department that gets the raises and bonuses.

No one excels in this company, it's filled with lifers that make less than a dollar more than they did when they started over a decade ago.

Ed the CEO is cruel. It is a revolving door of hiring and firing for upper management positions. If you make the CEO upset once, you are gone. I've seen this happen time and time again for years.

Almost all of the upper management are out of touch and unknowledgeable.
    If you join this company you're essentially just joining it's funeral procession,

Advice to Management

If you actually tried to make a connection and build a healthy relationship with your employees you may perhaps get the work output you desire. Intimidation and hostile work environments don't encourage your underpaid and under appreciated employees to be the best they can be.

Stop reveling in the fact that you are above your staff and meet them at their level to actually understand the business.

Ed should step down as CEO as he has absolutely no business working with real life people. He never referred to me by name after 3+ years of loyal hard work.

No one in the building felt comfortable going to the management to say anything in fear of being fired.