MedOptions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 13, 2019

2.4
Dr. Tushar Ramani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Staffing, training, flexible hours, good contracts, mileage reimbursement ; co -workers are talented caring" (in 4 reviews)

• "great patient population to work with" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There has been significant turnover at the management/upper management level and there is a sense of disorganization" (in 7 reviews)

• "No one excels in this company, it's filled with lifers that make less than a dollar more than they did when they started over a decade ago" (in 5 reviews)

1. "FT Provider"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time

Pros

Flexible, fair pay, supportive administrative staff

Cons

Working on own and not face to face with team

2. "Heavy focus on approving and properly documenting billing for patients."

Former Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Clinical Psychologist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MedOptions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great population to treat and great employees, but I understand there have been many changes in the last six months.

Cons

Time spent getting pre-approval for insurance coverage to see patients.

Advice to Management

Make available more useful assessment measures for which psychologists are trained to utilize, giving them the opportunity to better compliment the medication prescribers.

"Penny wise pound fool!"

Former Employee - Clinical Psychologist
    Former Employee - Clinical Psychologist

I worked at MedOptions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated clinicians, independent & flexible scheduling, great facilities receptive of mental health resources.

Cons

Management is sorely lacking clinical knowledge. Not at all knowledgeable on clinical assessments, or providing the resources to support doctoral level trained clinicians.
    They let go of the good “leadership” & replacesd with cheap!

Poor compensation despite Medicare increases in reimbursement. Benefit package has dwindled in last 3 years... they just keeping finding ways to take back from clinicians to save a buck!

Advice to Management

Penny wise, pound fool! What may be good for your bottom line will eventually cost you business/accounts going to more well equipped, rich in training & assessments — lots of competition folks!

Take better care of your clinicians if you want to last.

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Baltimore, MD

I worked at MedOptions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rarely having to see leadership, Working closely with many different facilities and the great staff at those sites. Passionate front line clinicians.

Cons

Company does not seem to care about patients or meeting client facility need. Disrespects employees. Appears to think employees are replaceable.

Advice to Management

Give up. Sell to someone who cares. Don't let your senior management anywhere near emploees,

"Worst Treatment of Employees"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to treat patients in various facilities throughout the state, independence

Cons

MedOptions treats their employees terribly. There is no communication or direction from management to employees or facilities. The company thinks nothing of screwing over long-standing dedicated employees without so much as any sort of apology. Recently discriminatory toward patients with state insurance. No raises or bonuses in 5+ years.

Advice to Management

Try treating hardworking and dedicated employees with at least an ounce of respect and dignity, take a training on communication skills or just try responding to an email now and again, don't mess with people's livelihoods with no notice, have someone in charge that is actually tracking productivity of buildings and clinicians.

"Clinician in MD"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The patients are very interesting to treat, geriatric population, co-occurring health/medical issues have taught me a lot, flexibility of schedule, other clinicians are terrific for the most part, though I rarely see them in person. If you are comfortable with minimum oversight and working on your own, this position is a good fit.

Cons

Senior Management has gone downhill significantly and people that have been employed with the company for years are being let go. There is a sense of being aboard a sinking ship, and the productivity standards are getting more difficult to attain. The reputation of the company is worsening and I worry about losing the buildings I am in to our competitors. There has been significant turnover at the management/upper management level and there is a sense of disorganization.

Advice to Management

Value your employees in the field and give us additional support. Listen to our concerns and create a sense of cooperation. Focus less on numbers and more on quality of work.

"Self destructing"

I worked at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chance to help elderly patients who need services.

Cons

Management and loss of values.

"Management problems"

I worked at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many communication problems with management. Many things that I was promised when I was hired never happened. I felt like the company was more interested in making money and not as much with the welfare of the clients.

Cons

Good salary and great population (seniors).

"Psychiatrist"

I have been working at MedOptions part-time

Pros

Flexibility, pay, population, coworkers, support

Cons

None—unless you don’t like the SNF population

"Great beginning - Sad ending"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at MedOptions full-time

Pros

The company was started by a woman with a passion to give to elder individuals a sense of worth and not just someone taking up space in a nursing home.

Cons

The passion was lost when they took their eyes off the needs of others and focused their needs solely on the mighty dollar. Instead of working for a company that cared about their employees it became a place where you felt like a robot whose sole job was to line the wallets of upper management. Over the years saw upper management get promotions and raises while others in the office that supported the company go for years without. Heard them say how they thanked their office staff for their hard work but instead of a raise or bonus they were given breakfast burritos. How disconnected could a company get?

Advice to Management

Management and/or investors, please look at what you have done to take a company that at one time was caring and loving to all and have turned it into what it is today. You had alot of dedicated people in your office that worked hard and loved going into work that you simply let go because of your own mistakes. They should not have to pay for your mistakes by losing their livelihood. Very sad!