MedOptions Reviews | Glassdoor

MedOptions CEO Thomas McInerney
Thomas McInerney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • A very involved founder left July 2012, Key clinical staff who had been there for more 10 years (in 3 reviews)

• No one excels in this company, it's filled with lifers that make less than a dollar more than they did when they started over a decade ago (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Clinical Psychologist"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the older adult population is very rewarding. I strive to help patients with shorter hospital stays and better overall adjustment to complex medical difficulties. This employer ensures adequate training and supportive environment. The benefit package is also very competitive. Paid CEUs and licensure in addition to affordable medical/dental and 401k match program.

Cons

One negative is workflow can waiver - meaning slow periods for clinicians impacting pay.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your clinicians. Word of mouth is the best referral base.

2. "What happened to a once good company"

Former Employee - Social Worker
    Former Employee - Social Worker

I worked at MedOptions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility to make your own hours and schedule at times. Support received from other clinicians and clinical staff. Making a difference by working with patients and residents.

Cons

Pay is below industry average and what other companies in the industry are paying. Case and/or patient load decreased over time. Compensation structured was changed from salaried to fee for service with little or no notice and for no explainable reason. Instability with regional and corporate management and lack of communication about all of the changes. Cost of benefits and insurance went up without any increase in pay. Received the runaround from management about reviews, increases and/or raises. Management expected clinicians to be the moneymakers for the company yet would not compensate or create a way for us clinicians to add more facilities and/or locations. You can't do more with less when us clinicians are already short-staffed, over worked and underpaid. HR was none responsive or didn't follow up when concerns came up. When asked about reviews and the performance process HR advised that there was no formal process in place and that one would be done in the future. How does a company now a days not have a review and/or performance process. How are us clinicians supposed to have feedback or put in for an increase and/or raise when we are making less, having our hours or pay cut or changed and not have any options available to make up the difference.

Advice to Management

Have some stability, stop making changes that aren't communicated to the field, don't make promises that you can't keep or that others won't be around to see the difference because people can't wait forever and you can't change the past if the past is not addressed. How would you feel if you took a pay cut or if you didn't receive something like a bonus or pay increase that was promised to you. Don;t forget it is not you who make a company great or who makes a company growth and stay competitive in the industry it is the clinicians, clinical staff and the support staff and/or us employees not management who are lazy, fake and overpaid and under worked.

"Exciting changes--looking forward to future!"

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New CEO who is very positive and making some changes that will make us a better company! Amazing group of dedicated clinicians and other colleagues who are great to work with.

Cons

Communication but we are getting more communication from Executive Management which is positive

Advice to Management

Continue to make the changes you are starting-we appreciate it!

4. "Mixed Bag"

I worked at MedOptions full-time

Pros

I came into MedOptions as a Vericare employee after MedOptions bought out Vericare. Both Vericare and MedOptions seemed to be very dedicated to making good use of technology with regard to referrals and documentation.

Cons

The contracts needed to maintain a full-time patient load are not always in place.

5. "Staff Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

love the behavioral health services

Cons

fee for service and not enough clients

MedOptions Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for your input. We value our clinicians’ passion for behavioral health and the excellent care you all provide every day! It is our goal that you have a full day’s work so if your... More

"Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the doctors I work for

Cons

Boss! Refuses to pay overtime yet expects everything to get finished on time.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees overtime.

"OK place to work"

Pros

Fexible schedule and steady job.

Cons

Upper management very disconnected. No incentives or acknowledgement.

Advice to Management

Value what you have!

8. "Patient referrals specialist"

Former Employee - Patient Referral Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Referral Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The culture and the environment was very respectful.

Cons

Compensation Was not that great

"ARNP"

I have been working at MedOptions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of . . . . . Currently looking for a new job.

Cons

Lack of knowledge in many aspects, poor management, poor (or lack of) communication.

Advice to Management

Oversee what's going on in your company (from clinicians, to HR, to management, to the billing dept, and documentation forms), ask your employees for feedback on issues so you can improve as a company. Also, improve communication.

"Np"

Former Employee - Psychologist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Psychologist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MedOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible and competitive pay and independent

Cons

No admin support and lack of training and all they look at is numbers . High turnover

Advice to Management

They need to put more effort in training and retaining employees