Meditech Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Meditech President & CEO Howard Messing
Howard Messing

Pros
Cons
  • relatively low salary, strange retirement plan (profit sharing rather than 401K), no formal HR department (in 36 reviews)

• The starting salary is tough to take (in 34 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Canton, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Environment is great, the open concept is awesome

Cons

PTO is not up to date with other competitors

"Compensation issues"

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job stability and fairly low stress (exceptions - office politics, micromanagement, low pay)

Cons

As unbelievable as it is, they don't offer a 401k
    Low compensation with rare, minimal pay raise
    Lack of business acumen
    No professional development opportunities
    Pointless annual reviews and time and location within the office tracking is outdated
    Your opinions don't matter, taking initiative is frowned upon, and interdepartmental communication is not appreciated (you won't get a response)

Advice to Management

Take some courses in business strategy. Sales managers - take some courses in Sales.

"Both Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

> MEDITECH is a great way to gain experience quickly. Since we are understaffed, a lot of opportunities arise that normally wouldn't. For example, as a service specialist, you may be able to go on site implementation visits as well as implement sites on your own.
    > In Minnesota, we specialize in multiple product lines which teaches us how to be versatile.
    > The Minnesota building is smaller and we work mostly within our building in the service department. This means that we tend to know each other well.
    > The open office environment helps us interact with each other (i.e. open office is having low cubicles so that you can see your coworkers and ask questions easier. The drawback is less privacy).
    > Opportunities are available for engagement outside your own role. There is an internal marketing program where employees get to watch quarterly updates on MEDITECH's marketing strategy. There is a Wellness Works program that promotes exercise and gives employees the opportunity to share their exercise and diet experience through presentations. There is an Art Liaison program where employees get to hold staff art show events.
    > The experience that you gain at MEDITECH regarding customer service is invaluable. You learn how to have a thick skin and how to deal with customers in the most gracious and efficient manner.
    > Benefits are great with people who have families. We have very good health insurance coverage, vacation benefits, sick time, and okay tuition reimbursement.

Cons

> One can accumulate work quickly due to understaffing. You may be asked to help with tasks that you did not sign up for when you started working. For example, when the clinical software department has trouble, a billing software specialist may need to step in to cover even though they have little knowledge about the clinical software.
    > There are not very good raises at MEDITECH and employees need to wait a long time to get promoted.
    > The benefits are not appealing to young people who generally do not need to go to the doctor as often as someone who is older or has children. Young people often leave the company because they want more disposable income.
    > MEDITECH pays under market value for this position.
    > It is easy for employees to become complacent and not work very hard due to lack of incentives in both financial and professional. It is also difficult to get fired from this position which further causes issues with motivation.
    > MEDITECH never sunsets a product which causes a lot more work and thus more error for people that need to support 4 different complex systems.

Advice to Management

Take more risks with hiring. Invest more in your employees so that customers get better service more frequently. If you choose not to sunset a product, hire employees to support the old products instead of putting the least amount of resources in those products. If you don't want customers on the product, then sunset the product. Provide employees with more incentive to work and succeed. Listen to what they need to say but keep it confidential. Enforce rules better so that employees do not feel they can get away with cutting corners.

"Great starting company, limited options for upward mobility"

Former Employee - Development Specialist in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Development Specialist in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Meditech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, everyone wants to help work toward the same goals.

Very professional attitude sets high standards for products.

Great opportunities and recruiting for non-tech degrees with a fairly comprehensive onboarding process and hands-on training.

Cons

Low-level management is supportive and often responsive, but anyone higher than a supervisor will be increasingly obtuse about workplace or workload problems.

Frustrating fluctuation between slow and very busy workloads.

Pay increases don't keep strong employees at the company very long.

Advice to Management

Prioritize keeping strong employees over constant distraction from hiring and co-training.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros

Great company and great people

Cons

Wish they paid better everyone starts as entry level regardless of experience

Advice to Management

Need to consider paying people better in order to keep your employees

7. "Application Specialist"

I worked at Meditech full-time

Pros

Great Coworkers, fun open environment

Cons

Not enough pay, no support from upper management

"Operations"

I have been working at Meditech full-time

Pros

Department in its entirety is completely devoid of politics and favoritism compared to the other places I have worked. Management team all the way down from the Director are fair and honest people. The pay for these positions is highly competitive and the benefits are way above any expectation I had. I have been full time for 6 years and have received a nice review each year because I in fact am reliable and do my job well. It's very easy to succeed in this department. No one asks you to do anything they wouldn't or can't do. Excellent team.

Cons

Company has been in a bit of a lull business wise. I want to buy stock as I believe in its leaders, but it has not been offered. Something needs to change here. Hired on the auspice of the ability to buy stock.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust in and reward your most talented management and front line staff. Dump all these legacy do nothing's that contribute less than zero to our success.

9. "A decent place to work"

Pros

Job security, telecommuting, work life balance

Cons

"MEDITECH - Great first job, but a challenge to stay over the long term"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Meditech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Hires entry level
    -Annual bonuses for all staff
    -Family friendly
    -Amazing health insurance
    -Returning to its place as an industry leader

Cons

-Stock has not been sold for several years
    -"The Good Get Out"
    -Below industry average pay scales
    -Poor management staff development
    -Compensation is rarely tied clearly to performance

Advice to Management

Employees stay and remain productive at companies where their contributions are recognized and rewarded and where they feel that they are part of a larger mission as well as where they feel they have a clear path to advancement. MEDITECH struggles to recognize and reward staff based on their value and contribution to the company.

11. "Very inflexible"

Former Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA
    Former Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA

I worked at Meditech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork, training, free parking, nice cafeteria.

Cons

No work/life balance for new employees, non-competitive salary.