MeridianLink Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2020

3.6
MeridianLink CEO Nicolaas Vlok (no image)
Nicolaas Vlok
Pros
Cons
  • "401k match is only 3% with 5-year vesting(in 5 reviews)

• "Salary below industry standard (especially with cost of living) despite management's claims(in 4 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"A good to place work has become a great place to work over the last year"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meridianlink has a 3+ year plan that could position them to do big things. As an engineer, the future product vision is what keeps me excited about coming to work every day. I'm working with great people and while the work is challenging I love it. Our new CEO is very engaged and focussed on making Meridianlink better for all of us. Leadership is doing a great job during COVID and I have a lot of confidence in their decisions. My impression is that leadership listens and that our ideas get to steer the company.

Cons

Meridianlink is a growing business and there will always be broken processes and lack of standard procedures when a company is expanding. There's also a few long time employees that love how things were as a smaller company but those days are over. Luckily there is a strong team working to make things better every day and their effort shows.

2. COVID-19

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been impressed with meridianlink since I first started working here but their behavior during this pandemic is what made me decide to write this review. They things that they are doing for us are so much better than my wife’s company or any of my friend’s companies are doing for them and I am very happy with how they are handling everything. Before all this happened, they were working hard to get us better tools and equipment (like decent laptops) to do our jobs. Our new CEO is very interested in hearing what we have to say, and he responds to us and is very good at sharing information about how we are doing and why we are doing things. Since corona came, they really have impressed me so much more. We got daily emails from the head of hr that gave us good information about the virus and what the company was doing, and it brought so much peace of mind to me and my family. The people in hr actually care about the employees and you can see that they do things to help us. They do those emails once a week now and even though there is not much virus information, they still give us good info about other things that I did not know about and I appreciate their effort to include fun and things for kids in these. We also have company meetings every few weeks and our CEO and other speakers are very clear and transparent about what is happening and what decisions they are making. We had company meetings before but not as often and I am glad it is more frequent now with everyone being at home. In our most recent one Nicolaas responded to all of the questions that came in honestly and my respect when through the roof. Most CEOs would not have taken real questions on a call like that and he got some aggressive ones which he answered with real grace. I really admire and trust Nicolaas because he tells us what is going on and I am very comfortable with the decisions he and his team make for the company. I am very happy with how they are handling this, and I have confidence that our future is going to be good.

Cons

There are some bitter and immature people who work here. I think those people are not used to working very hard and have never been held to the fire to get things done and they are tough to work around. They complain too much about things not being how they were before which was mostly playing video games and not much work. I feel bad for my manager because he has some of those people on our team and all they ever do is complain behind his back and get mad about everything. There aren’t nearly as many of these people as before, but you notice them. They also just paused the matching on the retirement plan but they said that is only temporary.

3. COVID-19

"Zero transparency"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at MeridianLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent location, medical/dental soso, 401K matching below average

Cons

Wholesale changes continue without any long-term plan provided to employees. MeridianLink continues to add to top-heavy management while cutting staff employees - doing so during the pandemic is especially shameful. If you want to work for a company that that practices "mushroom management", i.e. feed the employees a bunch of manure and leave them in the dark - then MeridianLink is the place for you.

"Decent Job"

Former Employee - Software Support Engineer

I worked at MeridianLink full-time

Pros

Great job out of college, great work environment. Hours are normal, vacation is normal, work-life balance decent.

Cons

No growth here, not much room to explore horizontally.

"Changes After Changes (& Not the Good Kind)"

I worked at MeridianLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They provide free company lunches once a month. 401k matching. The extra star is for this + the way the company used to be.

Cons

Lots of people joined meridianlink several years ago to feel like their work was purposeful and like they weren’t just a number. Now with the acquisition and the subsequent changes, everyone is subjected to being robots churning away on the wheels of a not-so well oiled machine. It’s organized chaos (emphasis on the chaos), and it’s a very top heavy environment with all the new executive hires. There have been layoffs every few months for the past year and a half or so. Those who have been at ML for more than 2-3 years miss the workplace they used to have, and those who are newer seem to look for jobs elsewhere pretty quickly. I’d advise anyone looking to join ML to reach out to a non-HR employee on LinkedIn and collect their thoughts on the company. You might get a bit of a mixed bag of responses, but if the employees contacted are honest I can say with almost certainty they won’t be positive.

"Great starting point to your career"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, friendly management, job security

Cons

Little room for growth or career advancement

"Best Days Are Behind, Not Ahead"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at MeridianLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits, monthly company lunches, some recent modernization

Cons

New management is driving the company into the ground and employees are finally starting to see right through the empty promise of better days to come. Expect limited salary increases, stunted upwards growth, very high turnover, endlessly-growing backlogs but no resources to conquer them, micromanagement from new bosses who know nothing about processes and products, zero regard to employees' mental health, and recurring "townhalls" to sweet talk employees out of unhappiness and into loyalty, although evidently nothing comes out of those meetings.

"Great place to work. Highly recommended."

Current Employee - Partner Success Manager

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time

Pros

Job growth. The knowledge you learn here will transfer to other roles at other fintech companies.

Cons

Work is demanding but that's not unique to MeridianLink and this line of business.

"Ongoing Growing Pains from 2018 Acquisition"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits package. Salaries seem competitive. People: the teammates I work with on a daily basis are very talented and hard working. New owners and bringing in more experienced executives and managers.

Cons

The acquisition by private equity firm and subsequent forced merger in 2018 has completely changed the company. We used to have a great start-up mentality, where everyone just wanted to work hard to help deliver a great product and keep our clients happy. However, now that the new owners have installed their folks in management, they have put an emphasis on profit and performance metrics. Teammates who used to go out of their way to help others, go the extra mile for clients, or write extra high quality software just don’t do it anymore, because it is not visible on a performance metric the owners care about, and it will cost you in other metrics. This is also causing unhealthy office politics to increase in my observation. Overall, I feel their approach will produce success for the board, investors, and executives in the short term, but I feel like a lot of people on the ground at the company are the ones paying the price right now. Though maybe we had this coming, and this will weed out the people who cannot play ball in the new system.

"New Coporate MeridianLink"

I have been working at MeridianLink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits and great location.

Cons

The work culture has drastically changed over the past year with the investment company taking over. It's all about making money rather than improving the product. They've hired executives rather than hiring people who work with the product. There is not enough man power to improve/fix the products as we are selling and it leave us in terrible situations. Clients get frustrated and employees are numb to these responses. Board members are more important than employees and customers. We have to provide numbers to keep us off the chopping blocking. Corporate is trimming off the "fat" - if your position doesn't make money, you should be worry. Everyday we wonder what changes are coming next or if we're going to lose our jobs. It truly makes me sad how we shifted away from a family oriented company. I use to know everyone in the building, now I just see a bunch of executives driving in expensive cars and figuring out ways to make MeridianLink a large cash cow to sell. If you want to use this place as a stepping stone, be my guest. You will not get any bonuses or any worthy compensation. If you're looking for a company where you can learn, grow and feel safe - find another place.

Found 61 reviews