KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 128 of over 138 reviews

4.4
OpenMarket CEO Silvio Kutic
Silvio Kutic
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is really good, self-motivating work environment(in 26 reviews)

• "OpenMarket is a great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Continue to work with parent company to optimize processes (this is getting better)(in 14 reviews)

• "Senior management push out a completely new initiative every few months without completing the initial one(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of OpenMarket and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Managers are taking feedback from employees and helping them to grow.

Aug 29, 2020 - Senior Support Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very caring and friendly organisation

Cons

The pay could be better

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Employee experience and growth is of utmost importance and OpenMarket and it is rewarding to hear that overall your experience is positive. I appreciate your input regarding compensation plans. We have done extensive research to evaluate our compensation to other employers in the area and have found that our overall compensation is above average. I do hear your concern and would like to invite you to have a conversation to further discuss if you should wish to do so.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Reputable employer who values its employees above all

Jun 3, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is not just a cliche, it's truly great with OM. Jonathan (CEO) is kind, inspirational, level-headed and 'gets it.' Most colleagues and execs were wonderful to work with! Salary, benefits and time-off policies were generous. OpenMarket is a well-established, reputable player in the aggregation space with solid infrastructure, respectable clients, and an eye toward the future.

Cons

The work-life balance scale tips toward life a little too heavily in some regards, with a lack of urgency and accountability in the name of valuing people. Speed-to-market has been too slow to meet industry standards and client demands for new product offerings. Acquisition of products and platforms was definitely needed, and hopefully resolved with Infobip!

3. 5.0

Small company

Apr 15, 2021 - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

WLB is very good, the work can be interesting if you take initiative.

Cons

No stock options available for employees, yearly bonus could be higher

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your insight into the Work/life balance here at OpenMarket. We are continuously looking for ways to improve and cannot do that without your feedback. If you have additional thoughts, please email careers@openmarket.com.

4. 5.0

Fantastic

Mar 23, 2021 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, benefits, tons to do, work life balance

Cons

I am not really sure of any

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insights. We value our team members and are happy to hear that you enjoying your overall experience working here. Please reach out to careers@openmarket.com if you'd like to provide further feedback.

5. 5.0

Growth Opportunities

Feb 22, 2021 - Finance Analyst in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flat organization, no micromanaging, team is always available to help

Cons

Just the regular stuff you can find yourself unhappy with in any other companies so nothing out of the ordinary or hard to get over

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for all our OMies. I am glad to hear about some of your experiences. If you'd like to provide further feedback, please email us at careers@openmarket.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and culture

Mar 9, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional colleagues, strong management, and rock-solid platform/network.

Cons

The company did not do M&A to add features and functionality to its product offerings as its competitors did during my time there.

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear about your experience and glad to learn that you enjoy working with other OMies. We appreciate your time with us and wish you all the best in your new adventure. Should you have further thoughts you would like to share, please email us at careers@openmarket.com.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A growing and evolving company with some ruffles to smooth, but a great place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated and passionate coworkers -- most people are smart, driven, and focused on getting good products out the door Upper management mostly understands how to support a rapidly growing infrastructure and team or are very willing to learn Very flexible work setup, even prior to 2020/COVID-19 concerns. They do right by their employees as much as they can.

Cons

Some pockets of inefficient management depending on the group or team can be very frustrating to work with Product management engagement is getting better, but still needs work Coaching is inconsistent and dependent on the manager so difficult colleagues can remain difficult to work with The parent company periodically poses issues with getting resources allocated or processes

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that employees are valued and given the support they need and it is great to hear your experience has been positive overall. We are always looking for opportunities to collaborate and grow. In order for us to improve, we need honest feedback like what you have mentioned. We appreciate your time and invite you to share additional thoughts via careers@openmarket.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best work/life balance!

Sep 30, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first company I ever worked at where the company's values are actually talked about regularly and truly lived by: value people, deliver as a team, take ownership and be authentic. My favorite is "value people", and they really mean it! We all respect each other and the fact that we have lives outside of work.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes communication is difficult between engineering teams in different geographical locations.

Employee Experience Specialist

It is wonderful to hear your favorite core value is value people, we would have to agree. It is important for us to create an environment where your life outside of work is valued and encouraged. Thank you for providing your positive feedback. Should you have additional thoughts, please email us at careers@openmarket.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people!

Sep 3, 2020 - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the people that I work with, we're doing impactful work and the company is going through some great transformations to prepare for new products and growth.

Cons

Some restraints imposed on OpenMarket by parent company Amdocs, which sometimes result in longer approval processes for technical integrations and budgets, but it appears that this is improving.

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and insights. We are proud of the work that we have been accomplishing with our team members at OpenMarket and are excited to hear that you are having a positive experience. Your feedback is valuable and I welcome the opportunity to learn more about your thoughts.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best work experience of my career

Jun 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with OpenMarket for more than five years, and can say without hesitation that it has been the most rewarding professional experience of my life. At OpenMarket I’ve been able to take ownership of company-wide projects and processes, hire and grow a global team, and generally be creative in a way I’d never be able to at bigger organization. But the best thing about OpenMarket by far is the people – they’re genuine, passionate about technology, supportive and honestly, just fun and funny. I actually look forward to going to meetings at OpenMarket because I always end up having real, spirited conversation, and laughing a lot – even with the CEO! – and I can’t say that’s ever been the case for me before. Another major perk of OpenMarket is it’s size -it’s big enough that we have good resources, like awesome benefits and ability to travel, but small enough that you can still make a major, visible impact with minimal red tape. The last major aspect of OpenMarket I can’t go without mentioning is our efforts to bolster diversity and inclusion. We have made huge strides bringing more women into the organization, especially in the tech space. Though there is definitely still room to grow from a diversity and inclusion perspective, as a woman I can say I personally feel the efforts around inclusivity paying off on a daily basis.

Cons

There are some downsides to OpenMarket of course, like a big parent company that is incredibly resistant to change and has cumbersome systems and processes that don't always sync with common sense.

9 people found this review helpful

OpenMarket Response

I was delighted to read this. Every company comes with its own set of challenges – but through listening and action we can help OpenMarket, and its staff, reach their true potential. Jonathan Morgan, CEO, OpenMarket

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews