50% would recommend to a friend
(1453 total reviews)
56% approve of CEO
Found 1,453 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Parallon
Healthcare Professional Confessions
2 years ago
Anybody work for Parallon HCA? I’m wondering what they pay you as a virtual registrar if you’re a non Hispanic versus if you are a Hispanic person. Starting they have offers for pay of $21. I’ve noticed with some healthcare companies they do not want to pay for a bilingual differential which is poor professional behavior in my opinion.
Got a burning question about Parallon? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Parallon employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and no room for new ideas as approval has to come from way up." (in 146 reviews)
- "Management is poor" (in 118 reviews)
- "Especially if employees concerns involve managers and directors making self evaluations and making changes to ensure their team feels valued." (in 44 reviews)
- "Little or no training." (in 28 reviews)
- "Autocratic upper management." (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Parallon and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Quality Assurance SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Work from home, medical benefits
I was an employee of Parallon/HCA for almost 10 years. I left to become a full time stay at home parent. I’ve been attempting to be rehired for a few weeks and I finally had a call for an interview I unfortunately missed the call but did call the recruiter back. She ghosted me for a full week and finally emailed me (after I made a formal complaint) that the position had been filled. I’ve been told multiple times someone would reach out to me no one has yet. Now any time I apply for a position I’m immediately denied. Managers have asked for my application and they still deny it. I have a great record with them during my 10years and there is no reason for me to be treated this way.
- 1.0Oct 26, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRichmond, VA
You can probably work from home
Parallon is an EMBARRASSMENT and I work here! I can't get out of this place fast enough. Worst senior management I have experienced in my VAST career. I do not trust one word that trickles down. They are outsourcing everything and automating what they can't causing hard working AMERICANS to lose their jobs so HCA can give out those multi million bonuses to Sam Hazen and Shannon what's her face. They lie to the faces of the people who actually do the work trying to assure that should they become "displaced" they would do everything they can to find them new jobs. Um, you just outsourced all the jobs. The MIT program is a JOKE. There are no manager jobs available! Maybe because you've sent all the jobs over seas so there's no one left to manage? Sounds smart for our PHI to be zooming all over the world just to end up where it started. So, in 2 years when they're frantically trying to staff departments when they inevitably bring the work back since the vendors screw everything up, please keep this review in mind and KEEP SCROLLING. There is zero training. It's a sink or swim company who refuses to toss anyone a floatation device.7
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Payroll Team LeadFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLargo, FL
Great team, nice managers, some growth. Great benefits!
Low pay and no room for new ideas as approval has to come from way up.
- 2.0Nov 8, 2023DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
- The work is easy as it's all data input - depending on manager balance of home and work life is very good
- The environment is very cliquey, to move up you have to be in the know with others. - the room for promotions and raises is slim, they will always give you average performance reviews unless they plan on promoting, regardless of performance. - certain departments have little room for improvement and moving up - pay rate is below average job salaries. They look at degrees when hired more than performance of employee for pay rate. - management does not manage well and pushes their own work to employees
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNashville, TN
Remote opportunity & flex schedule
You have to use pto for holidays Management puts roadblocks in your growth opportunities No room for growth Tuition reimbursement is a joke. They reimburse you on your checks so it’s heavily taxed Pay is a joke. The company cares more about what goes in their pocket then what goes in our pockets Global team gets better training, education and more attention from management then we do.
- 3.0Nov 25, 2023Patient RegistrarCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
Working with some amazing clinical staff who care about patients
Management doesn't listen and isn't flexible. Hides behind policies that are failing instead of trying to change them. Seems to forget that the night and weekend staff are even here.
- 1.0Nov 13, 2023HIM SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
very low bar to get hired
Being under MITs; you're basically guinea pigs for these interns to play boss. The power structure doesn't lend itself to accountability for leadership. Roles are being reduced things they can't outsource or automate. High turnover rate. HR functions as professional gaslighters. Low pay. No upward mobility. No one cares.
Parallon Reviews FAQs
Parallon has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,515 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Parallon to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
50% of Parallon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Parallon 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.