Paycor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Robert Coughlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work-life balance due to ever-increasing workload" (in 19 reviews)

• "With fast growth comes growing pains" (in 21 reviews)

1. "Great Community!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycor continues to foster a community feel by taking the time and effort to take care of their employees by hosting all associate events connecting all of their offices (Cincinnati, Dallas, Fort Collins, San Francisco, Kansas City, Jacksonville), encouraging employees to participate in community events through their community partners program, and celebrating employee achievements and work anniversaries. At Paycor there are a variety of ways you can get involved both personally and professionally, from training for the Flying Pig half marathon or taking on a new project. As someone who is new to their career, Paycor has allowed me the opportunity to learn about my strengths and work on my weaknesses. I've been able to take on projects that interest me and continue to be encouraged to get out of my comfort zone.

Cons

As Paycor continues to unify their software, they also continue to improve the unification of their offices. Due to their rapid growth, this is challenging but they continue to make strides in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to connect with employees and encourage innovation. These include monthly webinars, semi-annual associate meetings, and DISRUPT innovation workshop. It is exciting to see how the business in progressing and how my role contributes to the success of the organization and their push for innovation.

2. "Awesome experience, this company is moving in the right direction."

Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, innovative, smart approach to business. Great product. Good comp structure.

Cons

There is nothing at this time. It is very refreshing.

Advice to Management

Nothing yet. Keep doing what you’re doing.

"Innovation Opportunities within Product"

Current Employee - Product Designer II in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Product Designer II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product organization Paycor values new ideas from all employees!
    We hosted an event called 'DISRUPT' and anyone in the org was encouraged to submit an idea. Teams within Product and IT were allowed 2 days to explore and build a project and then were allowed time for presentations during demo day to the entire organization was able to watch.
    It was awesome to see so many people participate across different regions within the company.

Cons

2 days just wasn't enough time to build anything in enterprise software besides smoke and mirrors and a good presentation.
    As far as I know, the business hasn't committed to build any of the ideas, even the winning ones.

Advice to Management

Improve Disrupt so more engineers can participate, have time to build an integrated solution, and work on presentations for their ideas.

"Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is clear from the moment you walk through the doors that the company cares about their clients and their associates. The communication is top notch. This company delivers on what other companies only dream about accomplishing. They truly care about their associates and their development. Outstanding place to work and grow!!

Cons

PTO policy could be enhanced.

Advice to Management

Management is doing an outstanding job. Evaluating our PTO policy and making appropriate adjustments would be great.

"Positive Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems like Paycor has been hiring for a while now to meet growth goals. The result is an internal culture that is a great mix of tenured Associates, and relatively new, but seasoned people that have been brought in to support and help grow the organization. This makeup is healthy. I've noticed that it encourages a high amount of collaboration, fresh ideas are well received, and Paycor is exposed to a consistent stream of outside perspective, which keeps the environment from being stagnant or ruled by a few of the senior tenured employees who force things because it's "just the way we do it here." In some areas of the business, they even dedicate time and money for Associate programs that foster innovation, which is really cool. I've been impressed with the level of support that new ideas and free thinking are given. I like it here.

Cons

Nothing major that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering innovation, growth, and change in the best way possible. Everyone feels valued by it, and it's exciting to be part of a company growing so steadily. The financial outlook is awesome, keep up the great work with our numbers.

"Great place to have fun, learn and grow."

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has been 3 months that i have started working with Paycor. There is a clear visibility of company goals and principles from from the hiring team to the senior management. Sapna, the principal recruiter, handled my hiring and on boarding process very professionally and made me at ease by providing the correct guidance. The company in itself takes a lot of pride to hold its core principles and culture together. Culture is one of the best in the industry. Paycor makes use of one of the top cutting edge technologies in the industry to drive their product. People are friendly. Teams are well balanced ranging from interns to people with great Industry experience. The company has made some remarkable growth in the last few years. Its a great place to learn, grow and have fun along the way.

Cons

Perks in terms of discount coupons or collaboration with local food places is missing for Dallas office. Should have Frequent performance appraisals ( half yearly if possible ).

Advice to Management

Continue to do what they have been doing consistently over the past few years now. Hard work is evident in the way the company has grown in the last decade or so. Keep up the pace with growing industry demands which i am sure they have already been doing. The company has tremendous potential to grow

"Product Innovation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycor backs up what it says about taking of clients. Product is in constant communication listening and reacting to their needs. To take that a step further the yearly 'Disrupt' innovation week is great. Allows product and development a week to innovate on outside the box ideas! Took home a trophy, cool swag, and most importantly got to help push the industry forward.

Cons

There are always a lot of growing pains and pivoting with a fast growing company. If that's the worst complaint; things are pretty good.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Quality hires in leadership positions have had a positive effect. Keep asking us for input and reacting accordingly.

"Paycor believes in innovation!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Product Owner in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycor believes in innovation so much that they allow their employees paid time to innovate, with their Disrupt program. Disrupt allows employees to take time off from their day to day jobs and participate in an innovation idea of their choice! I've been with Paycor 5 1/2 years and have participated in two Disrupt innovation programs. The first allowed for my self-formed team to spend 2 weeks working on an innovation project around employee engagement. The second allowed anyone in the Product and IT department the opportunity to spend two days on an innovation project of their choice (product innovation or internal innovation). Both have been great opportunities which promoted team building, friendly competition and creativity which yielded some amazing results. As a winning team, we received some great Paycor swag plus a day of paid vacation! #PaycorInnovation! #Havingfunalongtheway

Cons

No real cons.
    For the Disrupt project specifically, more time to present your idea would be nice.

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycor really cares about their associates. The senior leaders are all accessible and are motivated to help each of us succeed... so refreshing. The culture is great and for those who perform well, there are a lot of career growth opportunities.

Cons

The organization has grown so fast that it can be hard to navigate.

"Implementation"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proactive growth plan for both employee and employer. Knowledge is shared and actually perpetuated for an employee to follow an upward mobility career path. Managers are extremely hands on and they are willing to talk to you about your future and current career and personal plans and how that all fits together. Bonuses and raises are an additional factor. I manage my own workload so there is absolutely NO micro-management here, yet my manager is tuned into my daily struggles and achievements and advocates for not only me, but our entire team. Training and learning opportunities are endless. You can go as far as you are willing to if you want to put in the effort and effort is definitely recognized. I feel blessed to be employed here.

Cons

Heavy workload, but really, I prefer to be busy and increase my skill set.

Advice to Management

None . I think they are setup to acknowledge employees to the best of their ability. They are definitely VERY accessible. Many are also client facing and service minded.