Paycor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Robert Coughlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work-life balance due to ever-increasing workload" (in 19 reviews)

• "With the company growing as quickly as it is there are growing pains" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Breath of Fresh Air"

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Privately owned company with big plans who value their employees and listen to their ideas concerns. My manager is passionate, helpful, knowledgeable, positive and all things good. Working here is a breath of fresh air!

Cons

New hire training was rough but it was short lived.

Advice to Management

None. Very happy with management.

"This place is a joke"

Former Employee - Payroll in Norwood, OH
    Former Employee - Payroll in Norwood, OH

I worked at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros , nothing is a pro. People need to see what is going on here. So understaffed and they only worry about meetings

Cons

Long days , weekends and holidays, black out period. Micromanagement and all managers are always in a meetings about nothing and nothing ever gets solved or fixed. Something is always wrong with the system and they say it is a known issue.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you would like to be treated. It is no wonder you can’t keep people because you treat people like dirt. Seriously things are bad, open your eyes and look around. This place is a disease and it is spreading.

3. "Database Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Management was nice. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

The new headquarters is beautiful but it was a long drive compared to the previous location. My job responsibilities were a little too specific and isolated me from expanding into areas that would have beneficial to me.

4. "Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young atmosphere with a motivated team of sellers. Fun work environment that balances work and play extremely well with good pay, incentives, and company events.

Chris Beitz is an excellent manager who not only exceeds his personal goals but keeps the team engaged and motivated to consistently crush our quotas.

Cons

Growing company so it is constantly changing and you have to learn to roll with the punches.

Advice to Management

Continue to utilize events and incentives to drive engagement.

"MMSE"

Current Employee - MMSE in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - MMSE in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture and terrific product

Cons

Experiencing challenges with some managers

"With stronger leadership, it's a promising company."

I worked at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycor encourages active community partnerships and involvement.
    Paycor has a good product that adds value to their clients.
    The Norwood headquarters facility is very nice and includes an on-site gym.
    Easy to get to know others, including senior leadership.

Cons

There has been a lot of senior leadership turnover, which causes confusion and lack of clarity around both long term and short term vision, goals, and deliverables.
    Also, some leaders play politics in certain departments, which creates mistrust, causes conflicts of interest, and poor decisions being made just to keep senior leaders "happy". As a result of telling people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear, employees are reluctant to speak up.
    Lastly, there are some leaders who create a hostile work environment by lying, gossiping, pitting employees against each other, and blatantly insulting their employees. When brought to HR, nothing was done. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit yet.

"Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture/People - I can now say I have a work family. Everyone has always been supportive of my learning even though I ask a ton of questions. I can tell they care about new employees being successful. I feel very supported by my team and my Manager. Even the Director cares about everyone here and meets with us to see how we are doing. You don't see that everywhere.
    Office - Centrally located to major highways and not a bad drive even with my longer commute. Office is very nice.

Cons

It was overwhelming coming in new with everything we had to learn, but luckily we had a great trainer. I feel like I will never learn enough, but am feeling better every day.

Advice to Management

Keep asking us for ways we can improve our processes. Glad you are interested in our ideas...even if we are newer to company!

"Micro Management at its finest"

Former Employee - Major Market Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Major Market Sales Executive

I worked at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traditionally high salary for sales people. Car and cellphone allowance. The technology is decent for small to midmarket HCM

Cons

The sales management from the top down is incompetent at levels I didn't think was possible. They make up for their lack of knowledge and skill by micromanaging sales people down to an hour by hour check in. EVERY activity is expected to be logged in SalesForce and most sales rep just fill their data bases with fake calls and drops and meetings to keep their managers from getting reemed out on daily conference calls. You will hear quite a bit about the "culture" of the company, but it is a sham. If you aren't in Cincinnati, you won't experience any of it. The stock options they tout wouldn't fully vest unless you worked with the company for more than 10 years and they don't even start to vest until you are 5 years on the job. Believe me, if you are any kind of a half decent sales person you won't be able to put up with it for more than 6 months. 401k is on a 3 year cliff, so the small match they offer won't matter unless you stay longer than 3 years. The sales commission system is an excel spreadsheet. I was never able to determine what and when I was going to be paid on anything that I sold. My commission statements were gibberish and when I asked HR to explain them, they replied by saying they were sorry, but the person who designed the spreadsheet had quit. A week after I quit they laid off 10% of the salesforce. If you have had any kind of success in sales, stay FAR away from this company.

Advice to Management

Get a CEO that isn't the founder of the company and actually knows what he is doing. Fire the good ol boy network in Cincinnati and get leaders that are competent and know how to do things other than get forecasts 3 times a day.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture. Growing. Numerous career opportunities. Caring...Paycor is very involved in the community.

Cons

With Paycor's growth everyone is stretched. This can be good and bad.

Advice to Management

As you keep growing preserve the company culture at all costs.

10. "Over 10 years and still going strong"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paycor gave me the tools, managers and means to succeed and cut me loose. It's been an excellent 10 years of growth and contribution to a united, meaningful goal. I couldn't be happier with this company. Thank you!

Cons

It seems like people are welcomed back a little too easily. It's pretty apparent we've got the greenest grass.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing.