Paycor Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2018

3.6
Robert Coughlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast growing company with lots of room for personal development" (in 20 reviews)

• "The work-life balance is excellent" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of work-life balance due to ever-increasing workload" (in 19 reviews)

• "With fast growth comes growing pains" (in 21 reviews)

"Major Market Sales Executive"

Current Employee - MMSE in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - MMSE in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay compared to others in the industry. Benefits are great! The culture here is AMAZING! From top down! Have the ability to work from home, or in some locations go into the office and work. The capabilities of our Perform system is far beyond what I initially thought and we are continually beating our competitors due to its function and capabilities! There is extreme growth here, so the opportunity for growth and advancement is available.

Cons

Nothing that I can state, as of now.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!!!

2. "Career Growth"

I have been working at Paycor full-time

Pros

Over the last 6 years I have worked at Paycor, I have been given the opportunity to hold a variety of sales roles within the organization. The company empowers employees to always challenge themselves by taking ownership of a new project or gain experience in a new role.

Cons

I have no complaints thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Learning"

I have been working at Paycor full-time

Pros

Full time/great place to work

Cons

Nothing to share so far

"Stay Away From Learning"

Current Employee - Learning Team in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Learning Team in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time

Pros

The company has a great culture, helps the community and hires good “salt of the earth” people. Paycor has had a lot of growth which in some aspects has been a great thing but in others it brings on challenges.

Cons

I am not sure about other departments, but I am going to focus my cons on Learning because that is where I have first hand experience the past 2 years to the following:
                    The Learning team has a toxic environment due to leadership. There are often knee-jerk reactions which stresses everyone out. There is a micromanaged environment from the top down and being an adult in a salaried position, it makes people feel inadequate and untrusted.
                    Not only is the above stressful but it doesn’t help that many conversations are condescending and unprofessional. In a personal setting, comments are made about what you eat, wear, and other material items. Conversations only take place when you have something of designer brand that some people can relate to. In fact, if you can’t relate to this materialistic level, people may have probably forgotten your name and look right past you. There are often inappropriate comments made and the company should be concerned about a lawsuit. It’s difficult for mangers to advocate for their teams when they are scared for their own jobs which results in frustration by everyone.
    Unfortunately, many can speak to feeling defeated and belittled in meetings. Often people’s hard work and efforts are scrapped and have to be redone to what one person says even if others don’t agree. Advice nor feedback are accepted and many are quick to throw others under the bus and not take ownership for the direction.
                    Those that have googled Paycor and have seen our extensive list of awards that pertain to Learning, you should probably know that along with these comes lengthy “vacations” for those to accept them where there is more oncern about happy hour and hotel amenities than the hard work that it took to earn the award.
                    The Learning team was once a place that people aspired to get to. Yet under this uninspired atmosphere, the word has spread, and people are hesitant to join this department. Because unhappy employees tend to write scathing reviews, let me provide a statistic to show the truth in these statements. There are 37 associates in the department and in 2.5 years over 15 people have left VOLUNTARILY. This number does not include layoffs or terminations. You do the math.

Advice to Management

This team requires creativity, flexibility and vision; not a micromanagement environment. If the company is going to take the time to put people in a room to gather feedback about these experiences then maybe they should have taken the associate’s responses to heart instead of promoting those who act inappropriately. How many more people need to complain before something gets done? Good luck management, the Learning turnover isn’t finished yet.

"Not perfect, but pretty dang close"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Competitive pay and benefits
    -Culture
    -Leadership opportunities
    -Company invests in its employees (ex. Trek Leadership Cafe, LMS courses, tuition reimbursement program)
    -Community involvement
    -Freedom to think big and drive process improvement
    -HQ building has modern work spaces and includes workout room and pavilion (cafeteria)

Cons

-High Executive level turnover
    -Growth takes priority over fixing existing products
    -Lacking phone technology to run a successful call center in Support
    -Sales still selling one-to-one service model, when in reality that isn't feasible given our size

6. "Sales Engagement with marketing and corporate is excellent."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The marketing team is amazing. Extremely diligent putting out excellent content to support the organization and sales team. Thought leadership content focused on HR and financial professionals is amazing. The executive team is constantly looking out for the field and finding creative ways to drive business.

Cons

More $$'s need to spent to upgrade the system and flood the market. The competitors are still winning business based on small tactics such as increased name recognition.

Advice to Management

Constantly need to check on the filed to make sure they're engaged with the management group. Experiencing constant growth, which sometimes make it difficult to dig into the weeds.

7. "Regional Sales Director"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Compensation & Incentives
    * Culture!
    * Career advancement due to tremendous growth
    * Push you to become a better and smarter salesperson, leader or team member

Cons

* Expectations early on can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

Keep putting incentives in place and push the sales team toward success.

"Micromanaging company and leadership"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation; benefits; time off; expense allowance is descent

Cons

Constantly asking reps for something. Instead of letting the reps focus to selling they are worried about data entry. Managers dont lead, they micromanage.

Advice to Management

Focus to leading. Allow your reps to do what they do best. The company will lose great sellers because of their management.

9. "Great Community!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Paycor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycor continues to foster a community feel by taking the time and effort to take care of their employees by hosting all associate events connecting all of their offices (Cincinnati, Dallas, Fort Collins, San Francisco, Kansas City, Jacksonville), encouraging employees to participate in community events through their community partners program, and celebrating employee achievements and work anniversaries. At Paycor there are a variety of ways you can get involved both personally and professionally, from training for the Flying Pig half marathon or taking on a new project. As someone who is new to their career, Paycor has allowed me the opportunity to learn about my strengths and work on my weaknesses. I've been able to take on projects that interest me and continue to be encouraged to get out of my comfort zone.

Cons

As Paycor continues to unify their software, they also continue to improve the unification of their offices. Due to their rapid growth, this is challenging but they continue to make strides in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue efforts to connect with employees and encourage innovation. These include monthly webinars, semi-annual associate meetings, and DISRUPT innovation workshop. It is exciting to see how the business in progressing and how my role contributes to the success of the organization and their push for innovation.

"Major Market Sales Executive"

Current Employee - MMSE
    Current Employee - MMSE

I have been working at Paycor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive
    Software is good & competitive

Cons

Depending on your manager you will be constantly mirco-managed - They mention their guiding principles when you get hired but there is no intention of following those outside of the pay it forward day, their volunteer day. Everyone is trying make a name for themselves instead of being themselves. It's a sad situation. No one is genuine.

Advice to Management

Stop taking care of yourselves and take care of your people. Have some patiences for your reps. You decided to take a management job and help develop people. Your role isnt to push people as hard as they can and make them leave. That is not how people stay and creates a horrible cultural.