Paycor Reviews

Updated May 8, 2021

3.5
Paycor CEO  Raul Villar
Raul Villar
Pros
  • "Can make a lot of money and still maintain work-life balance(in 31 reviews)

• "Growing company with good long term vision(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Need to push more resources into implementation and customer support(in 36 reviews)

• "Seasonal business cycle can impact work/life balance at certain times of year(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Paycor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

It just keeps getting better!

Apr 28, 2021 - Customer Service Leader in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every associate has the ability to innovate, problem solve, and make an impact. Our executive leadership team truly takes notice of what our clients and associates are saying to continuously improve

Cons

Growing pains, just like anywhere else.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

WFH and Growing Company

Apr 26, 2021 - Product Owner in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

- WFH looks to be permanent after COVID - Pretty great benefits package (high deductible health plan that costs $0, company HSA contributions, Dental/Vision/Life insurances are easily affordable, 401k match up to 6% of salary) - Tons of PTO days provided and encouraged to take them (or you lose them, no rollover) - On-site benefits include free gym, cafeteria, and coffee - Annual or quarterly bonuses depending on position - Company culture is widespread - 9 Employee Resource Groups and always growing - Diversity is encouraged - A majority of the employees are friendly and supportive

Cons

- Training is provided, but not always helpful depending on your role - Work-life balance depends on your role and can become quite hectic if you're in a client service or implementation role - Ripple effects from COVID are affecting all departments - Some employees who have been at Paycor a long time are "stuck" in their ways and not willing to be innovative, it can stifle creativity and productivity for others - Depending on your persistence, it can be difficult to be promoted - either you'll get promoted really fast if you're well liked or really slowly --- you must be a self advocator

3. 4.0

Promotes Internal Growth and Upward Mobility

Apr 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycor provides regular professional development and rewards performance throughout each function in the organization. The benefits are best in class for those of us with a growing family; the HR team along with the majority of leaders go above and beyond to support their employees and make them feel valued. We are virtual first, and so now we're able to bring on talent from across the country and accelerate hiring for critical roles. Overall, my two years have been filled with ups and downs but overall its been a very positive experience in large part due to the quality people I get to work with on a daily basis throughout the business. Would highly recommend Paycor to growth-minded individual looking for a fast-paced, challenging environment where they can grow both professionally and personally.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be tough if you do not have excellent time and expectation management skills, especially now that we're a virtual first organization.

4. 5.0

I like it here.

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Major Market Sales Executive in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Micromanagement is not a part of corporate culture. -Winners, and high performing sales people are celebrated, and generously appreciated. -Career advancement opportunities are there for people who earn and want them. -It seems like we are growing and hiring everywhere.

Cons

We've had phases of challenges over my six years of tenure, and they all revolved around the big three for HRIS companies: product, implementation, and service. Six years ago, early in my career, our product wasn't quite as good as some competitors, then implementation had struggles, then service had some struggles during the Covid-19 business landscape changing and service employees needing to change to work remotely overnight. But now our HRIS product is easily the best for mid-market companies, and it's not even close. Now I have clients email me and THANK ME for their implementation experience...which is unheard of. And now our client service experience will win more worldwide client service awards. All of this has been accomplished by the new direction provided by senior leadership, and delivered upon by we front line representatives. Every time we've had a challenge, we've come out of it more than better.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Oh the Possibilities that await...

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Support Solutions Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and energizing atmosphere with leaders who understand growth and are there to really listen to our clients and Paycor associates. Fun place to work with great benefits and pay Advancement opportunities and has been a wonderful place to learn and challenge myself with leaders who have become some of my biggest supporters.

Cons

Just like with any growth there are growing pains... there have been many of these but they are being worked on and leaders are positive that these will turn around. Call volumes are challenging at times and work load for certain areas/ teams is also hard. One thing I have learned is that you have support from your team, managers and leaders. That make a big difference, but it is still challenging and require focus and organization to be successful.

6. 5.0

Lots of Opportunity for Growth

Apr 27, 2021 - Principal Financial Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycor is collaborative, dynamic and constantly driving to grow, improve, and maximize client experience. I have contributed to many important projects and advancements, interacted with talent at all levels of the organization, and had the opportunity to further build my technical skillset, business acumen and problem-solving expertise. I would highly recommend Paycor to anyone looking for an opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced, challenging company on the move.

Cons

One of the things I love about Paycor is the pace of change - it makes problem-solving ability a sought-after skill. That said, people who are looking for consistent predictability may find the pace of change challenging.

7. 5.0

Room for Growth, Exciting Future for Paycor

Apr 26, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is growing, even through the pandemic there has been a lot of hiring and new business coming in. My favorite thing about this company is regardless of your tenure or role, if you have a great idea, you're welcome to bring it to the table! This company is investing in the client and associate experience. We are hiring like crazy to enhance both. Benefits: Different options for health care, annual increases in compensation PLUS ability to get promoted. Leadership: Not micromanagers, invested in your development. Most approachable leaders I have ever worked with.

Cons

Some people view working remotely as a con. We are virtual first.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive - Growing - Great Environment!

Apr 26, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Environment is very supportive - Entire organization assists each other when needed - no one is on an island - Leadership is available, listens, and solicits feedback - Updates are provided often about upcoming items - Great employee resource groups - Working remote - we still find time to connect with each other - Great training resources - Opportunities for growth and development - Great benefits

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment! We are constantly evolving and improving for the better!

9. 4.0

Good learning experience

May 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot and definitely have good principles in play

Cons

Salary / No promotion / No self direction.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Company Culture

Apr 26, 2021 - Principal Product Owner in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycor has a wonderful company culture, which they leverage to support their employees' health, happiness, and professional growth. This is evidenced by shifting to a virtual first workforce in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the myriad of additional benefits offered to support employees and their families.

Cons

In general, Paycor provides excellent growth opportunities for its employees, but those opportunities may be limited based on department.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 667 Reviews