Podium Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.9
Podium CEO  Eric Rea
Eric Rea
Pros
  • "Great culture, amazing people, very fun office(in 19 reviews)

• "Great swag drops and very nice building(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Podium is not for everyone, it’s a fast paced environment so catch the wave or get left behind(in 18 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of moving fast with autonomy while also developing more scalable processes(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Podium and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Amazing growth opportunities!

May 5, 2021 - Sales Recruiter in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-So many growth opportunities to learn and develop in your career. -Support and encouragement from leadership to take on new projects and to try new things you might be interested in.

Cons

-It is expected of you to work hard, but to also have fun. -Not as diverse in leadership, but they are making major efforts to make our company more diverse and inclusive.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Puts their money where their mouth is

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

A few of my favorite perks are the onsite daycare, onsite gym with fitness and yoga instructors, 12 weeks 100% maternity plan, and best of all--experienced managers! Eric and Dennis must truly care about Podium employees. They have supported a lot of programs and perks to make sure we feel supported and balanced while working here. I've worked at other startups that say they care, but Podium is the only place who really puts their money where their mouth is. The people I've worked with are open and honest, and I haven't seen any huge ego issues anywhere. Management is extremely candid--no toxic positivity here

Cons

This is minor, but the 360 review process that was introduced in 2020 was convoluted and messy. It wasn't clear and I think it set up some people for disappointment during reviews last year. I think sometimes HR could do better to communicate more clearly and thoroughly about new policies and programs.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Music in the bathrooms is the best thing about Podium

Apr 29, 2021 - Account Executive in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The energy from the music in the bathrooms is the best. - Ordinary benefits for a tech company. You certainly are a means to an ends to the folks who have the expensive cars. -Product is cool, but not that cool. -Had they not thought of payments I can't imagine the outcome. Also, the payments product is VERY basic.

Cons

-In order to be successful in general you need to be a suck up, work hard, and be lucky. You can't just work hard... you need the other two likely as well. -it's a fake rocket ship. We only keep selling because the total addressable market is so large. If not for that this would have tanked. -Not for everyone (as they say) and they couldn't be more right. It's a cult. But one you can get out of.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Let me save you from the great and spacious building...

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free drinks?... 🤷‍♂️ A Cool location

Cons

Where to begin... - It is all about numbers. Numbers over everything. -Every month is some whole new transformation to how they want to role things out. Be prepared to have things turn upside down in the blink of an eye. -Numbers... not employees. -Unlimited pto is a trap and totally unattainable. Only the very few top guys can get there once they hit quota. A great question to ask in your interview if you have one–"what % of SDRs/AEs hit their quota last month?" Ask for the most recent months or else they will give you outdated numbers from a totally different setup. -The org as a whole is lacking in company values–or they just do not care to implement them. -Brodium for sure. If you are looking for summer sales in an office, this is it. I think I made more money in summer sales though... -Pay is not good unless you are a top performer. You can only really make any decent money if you are consistently hitting quota every month and even then it's too low. -Resources to perform well... HA. Negative. "go on to google maps and call this business... DIALS DIALS DIALS let's gooooo!" -Training... "figure it out" mentality, ppl will say they are there to help... really difficult to actually ge that time/help.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Growing Company in the Valley!!

Feb 24, 2021 - Integration Specialist in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. They are very transparent! This is honestly the thing I love the most about Podium (one of their statements is "Everyone is a founder") this is literally the closest statement to the truth. I feel like I am part of every decision and a lot of times I know just as much as my managers (their are no secrets!) 2. It honestly feels like home and a family! I have never been so excited to get out of bed and go to work as I am here!! The teams they have built are amazing! 3. They take care of as if we were family!! great benefits!

Cons

There is a lot of work!!! If your looking for a job to come in and put your head down and just work and then go home (not the place for you). The amount of work corresponds with the huge success of the company!! The amount of work is great because it allows us to grow continually and develop new skills!!!! Is it stressful (yes and no) we are given the tools to succeed here, and at the same time its a chance to prove ourselves.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So Far I love it.

Apr 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked in a place with so much talent. In our town-hall meetings Eric continues to hire people to take the company to the next level. I am so happy I work here and with the people around great great environment.

Cons

So far none, everyone seems to be on the A game.

7. 5.0

Career launching company!

Apr 29, 2021 - People Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

- SO much growth opportunity - Great benefits! - Equity in a growing company - Great support from leadership - Fun but fast paced environment

Cons

- Working from home was tough.. pumped the office is open again!

8. 3.0

Great People, Difficult Culture

Mar 26, 2021 - Customer Success in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The market we serve is the best! Small businesses makes up the majority of our business. Product vision is exciting. A lot of opportunity to try new things and get involved in cross-functional work. A true tech unicorn Unlimited PTO Work from home Really bright people On-site child care Transparent with where business is headed and clear expectations for company OKRs LGBTQ+ friendly! Head of DE&I is working to drive structural and systemic change.

Cons

Burn-out culture. Lack of investment in the people. Extreme lack of diversity on executive team. Career Development is not a priority - unless your team lead or department executive is passionate about this, there is no clear structure or support for career development. Compensation is not always commensurate with what you will be expected to give to be promoted. The way experience seems to be measured can promote inequities. The story that is told during the hiring process doesn’t fully match up with the reality. No clear promotion structure - has historically created strong bias in promotions. Currently, a very white and very male-centric culture. Even though there is some good work being done here, it is going to be very difficult to change this culture any time soon.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Podium no longer cares much for its employees

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Ability to work remote.

Cons

Executives only care about sales and diversity in their upper management. There used to be many different activities & actual interest in how the employees are, but that’s all gone & has been expedited by covid.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company with huge career opportunities!

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, amazing career opportunities, WFH flexibility, great perks!

Cons

Hyper growth growing pains. Sometimes we move too fast, but we usually figure it out so not really a con.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 302 Reviews