Podium Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 114 reviews

4.6
Podium CEO Eric Rea
Eric Rea
Pros
  • "Everyone here strives to help each other and has a great culture(in 10 reviews)

• "Podium has a great work environment full of people trying to help you succeed in your roll(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast paced environment, is not for everyone(in 9 reviews)

• "Not knowing all the employees because we are growing so fast(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I've worked at"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've actually worked for some other great tech companies in Utah that generate a lot of buzz and are overall really good companies to work for. For me, Podium has been by far the best! I've never seen a leadership team so invested and actually care about the people that work for them the way that the current management team does. I think the way that the executive team focuses on transparency and keeping in...

Cons

The company is growing a lot and so it keeps us moving at a fast pace. I think it is actually a good thing that we've been okay to pivot and change direction - these decisions show me that we're willing to do what's right.

Advice to Management

Keep staying "grounded" and showing you care about employees - it goes a long way and I think you're doing an excellent job!

2. "Great workplace with really talented people"

Current Employee - Integrations in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The office is amazing. It's brand new and always stocked with food and drinks -Most the people are really positive and fun to work with -Always keeping up with latest technology, engineers are very advanced. -Fun environment that is fast-paced and challenging. -Competitive pay/benefits

Cons

-Everything is pretty sales-oriented. At times it feels like that's all that execs care about.

3. "I NEVER thought I'd love working anywhere as much as I love working at Podium."

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most companies have mission statements just to have one. Not Podium. Our mission is "to to modernize the way business happens locally." Every single person in the building believes this in their SOUL, and it shines through in the work we do. We're building, marketing, and selling an incredible product that has limitless market potential, and it only keeps getting better and better. At Podium, you're surrounded by...

Cons

Our culture is incredibly fast paced, which is exciting for most, but exhausting for some. If you can't handle high pressure and a demanding work environment, Podium isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Don't stop doing what you're doing. Keep it up. This is a rocketship that's just beginning to take off.

4. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Adm Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pro: Career development is real if you want to work for it. I started as an ADM with 3 years of sales experience in college. Within 4 months I was promoted to midmarket sales, and with another 4 months, I was made a manager on a team. If you work hard you will grow. Culture: Best culture in the world. Its the kind of place where you can ask anyone for help and they will drop everything to help. Growth: Podium...

Cons

Podium is very fast pace. The sales organization grows and develops so quickly and there are constant changes. If you can't adapt quickly or operate with a monthly quota, then it is not the sales gig for you.

Advice to Management

Keep Podium great. As we grow in size, it'll be easy to lose such a great culture that has led to continued success.

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Exec team are super invested in our success.

Cons

Can't think of any. This is a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

6. "Podium Is The Bomb"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great Benefits -Upper management trusts their employees -Very little micromanagement -Great perks -Great benefits -Great pya -Awesome Culture -Gym on-site -Free drinks/food -Catered lunches every Wednesday -High percentage of internal hires -Great leadership

Cons

-High stress when your sales numbers aren't where they need to be -All of your success is held on your shoulders and your shoulders only

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Nothing like it"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Podium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture in every organization. The people here really care about what they are doing and it shows in how happy employees are every Monday morning for town hall. The executive leadership team is extremely transparent and nothing is kept from the company. The industry is booming and Podium is still not satisfied. The company is moving fast and refuses to let off the gas. This makes for a fun and exciting work environment.

Cons

The fast paced environment, is not for everyone. Some may feel to stressed and unable to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. With the amazing growth, culture is bound to change, embrace it. Keep the pillars in which the company was built on and the culture will evolve with growth for the better. Work on getting processes in place for recruiting, career development, etc. what you have now is working, but having defined processes will help with the growth.

8. "I love it here"

• Overall

I have been working at Podium full-time

Pros

Amazing co-workers, the best perks, work hard play hard atmosphere

Cons

I get upset when the purple monsters run out

9. "Great Company, Promising Future"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at Podium full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great management and a well-structured engineering process. The team and processes promote an environment of giving/receiving constructive feedback and finding ways to allow engineers to grow with the company. Podium is a great company run by excellent people.

Cons

I'm not a morning person, so having meetings at 8 on Mondays and every other Friday were a little tough for me.

Advice to Management

There were a few times I felt like we were trying to maintain the culture of a 20-50 person company with a few hundred people. While I appreciated the thought, in practice it always felt awkward and out of place to me. I guess I would've appreciated trying to evolve and adapt the culture for a larger company rather than trying to maintain the culture of a small one.

"A place to work"

I worked at Podium full-time

Pros

Some nice people. Cool product.

Cons

A handful of management that sucks the joy out of life.

Advice to Management

Not everything is a competition.

Found 114 reviews