64% would recommend to a friend
(8929 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "> Good pay for under 18s especially when compared to many other jobs for under 18s" (in 964 reviews)
- "Really nice and friendly staff" (in 550 reviews)
- "Lots of overtime so if need more money it's easy and nice people however managers can be rude due to entitlement" (in 456 reviews)
- "a lot of nice and friendly colleagues" (in 382 reviews)
- "Good for experience and a first job didnt stick around for too long as i found better salaries elsewhere but not bad" (in 140 reviews)
- "Poor management and sometimes treat you as if you are a cog in the machine rather then a member of the team." (in 691 reviews)
- "Most of the managers are rude and make the work environment toxic as I was crying after each shift from the abuse they gave me." (in 560 reviews)
- "Very busy and long hours" (in 294 reviews)
- "Supervisors were rude and picked on you" (in 159 reviews)
- "Older staff have no benefit of times served they try to give there late shifts to long standing staff ." (in 151 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Primark and is not affected by filters.
Found 8,929 of over 11K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023Retail AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBrooklyn, NY
Positive atmosphere. Helpful colleagues. Great HR staff.
If you're not a full time employee, you're seen as unimportant. You're a place holder and supporter for the full time employees. The managers/supervisors don't even acknowledge your accomplishments, They'll give the credit to the full timers. They don't give you many opportunities at advancing.
Primark Reviews FAQs
Primark has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 11,191 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Primark to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
64% of Primark employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Primark 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.