Procaccianti Companies Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2020

4.1
Procaccianti Companies President & CEO James A. Procaccianti (no image)
James A. Procaccianti
Pros
  • "I have worked for TPG Hotels & Resorts for over 14 years(in 13 reviews)

• "The corporate office is clean and spacious(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is shedding hotels right now(in 9 reviews)

• "no cons(in 6 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people here at the corporate office are wonderful. Many of us have been here for over a decade which I think says a great deal about the environment. Good health and dental coverage. The workdays go by very quickly and pleasantly.

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons.

Continue reading

"No plan no leadership high turnover"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Procaccianti Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy, minimal oversight, working with guests

Cons

Management turnover, no leadership, no accountability. Baffling how clueless management is. Worst of 10 companies I’ve worked for

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company really values their employees and it shows! Managers are approachable and helpful and training is extensive. As a recent college graduate it was very assuring to be in an environment where questions are encouraged and any assistance is easily attainable. TPG is a company where you can begin your career and there will always be opportunities at the next level when you feel ready!

Cons

During my short time here, I have not experienced any cons to being employed at TPG!

HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for posting such a great review, championing for Procaccianti Companies! There are many opportunities within the company, to provide associates the stability of a long lasting career. I myself am on year 16. Glad to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We wish you every success!

4. "Company Overview"

4.0
    Current Employee - Asset Management Analyst in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Asset Management team is comprised of highly intelligent and motivated individuals who work together in order to meet high returns year after year. The team thrives in an environment dependent on collaboration and critical thinking to produce the best results possible for each property.

Cons

The workplace can be somewhat intimidating for younger employees as there are no set procedures or training available to follow as you navigate the company/Asset Management Team.

"Intense environment but with the right team can be very effective management group."

4.0

I worked at Procaccianti Companies

Pros

Aggressive strategy, highly competitive, frequent training and development, Darwinian in nature

Cons

Ego, unbalanced management, lack of support if you had a wrong team

HR Communications Mgr.

Procaccianti Companies' successful managing style has a track record spanning over six decades. The environment can be competitive and fast-paced, but also collaborative. There are always coworkers, and tools available to assist and encourage associates to be there best. Gaining experience here can lead to a very successful career.

"1 Year Anniversary and Can't Wait For What's To Come Next!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been with the company just a year now and there is no turning back. Great growth and learning opportunities from all sides. Amazing CEO and SVP that truly care about the people and the properties! Couldn't pull me away!

Cons

None! Great team, that continues to evolve and works to ensure everyone is taken care of.

HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for the glowing post!. TPG has a great family run, senior management team that truly does care about the associates that drive the company. We wish you continued success in your relatively new position with us.

"The Procaccianti Companies & TPG is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Construction Lender in Boston, MA

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership position within the industry - Strong financials and balance sheet - availability of and to capital.

Cons

Risk assessments need to be more timely and market & econimic condition based.

HR Communications Mgr.

Its always helpful hearing from past and current employees on how we are doing as a company. Thank you for acknowledging out strong leadership and position within the industry. We put every effort into providing the tools and resources necessayr to maintaining this stature. Your risk management suggestion is also noted. Thank you again for taking the time to post.

8. "Procaccianti Companies offers a very nice work environment"

Current Employee - Accountant in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people work here - They do hire the highest quality people! The corporate office is clean and spacious Equipment is modern and in good working order Work is interesting and challenging. The kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks.

Cons

no cons to note yet

"Meh..."

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Procaccianti Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hotel discounts with Hilton, decent insurance.

Cons

Significant amount of job consolidation within each department to reduce labor costs is beginning to wear staff members down. Knee-jerk reaction style of management.

HR Communications Mgr.

We appreciate your taking the time to post a company review. Stay positive, job consolidation can occur with temporary labor reduction, but as with anything it ebbs and flows.Hopefully our great Benefit packages, and everything else we have to offer outweighs your concerns.

"Proc Group - Property Accountant"

Current Employee - Property Accountant in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Procaccianti Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture, work-life balance, fast paced, number of knowledgeable professionals

Cons

Formal dress (shirt & tie), no flex hours, Ability to work remotely is available, but seems to be frowned upon.

HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.As you mentioned, we have a good work-life balance here at the corporate office with many knowledgeable associates always willing to help. We are a family run company, rooted in it's traditional values. As a company, we believe professional attire best represents our professional corporate identity. It looks like you're off to a great start in your career here at Procaccianti Companies. We wish you continued success in your career here!

Found 98 reviews