KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Procaccianti Companies Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2021

Found 98 of over 98 reviews

4.0
Procaccianti Companies President & CEO James A. Procaccianti (no image)
James A. Procaccianti
Pros
  • "I have worked for TPG Hotels & Resorts for over 14 years(in 13 reviews)

• "The corporate office is clean and spacious(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is shedding hotels right now(in 9 reviews)

• "Work/life balance at times can be a challenge(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Apr 23, 2021 - Vice President Finance in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loyal and stable, most employees are lifers

Cons

None - I have nothing bad to say about the company

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic Organization That Offers Great Growth Opportunities

Dec 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Prior to COVID-19, Procaccianti Companies (also known as TPG) offered some great opportunities for rapid career growth. You have access to decent hotel discounts (dependent of brand availability). You work with some of the best in the industry, and with some initiative you can learn a lot. The East Coast regional team used to run a quarterly event that was a lot of fun and a great chance to meet coworkers you would not ordinarily see face to face (although I'm not sure if this event will be held again after the pandemic). Those working front line are some of the most passionate and hardworking you will ever meet. Those working at the corporate level are regularly innovative and willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

- The on-boarding is an absolute joke at every level of the organization and there has been no thought put into training. This unfortunately extends to executive leadership, resulting in a lack of support from upper management. Simultaneously, experienced employees have been systematically forced into leaving in the past few years (prior to COVID-19) and replaced with less experienced (less costly) people. While this has led to some great growth opportunities, when paired with the lack of training and support it leads to dysfunctional teams throughout the corporation. This results in a sort of "planned incompetence", in which employees eager to grow, learn, and succeed repeatedly approach management for support and guidance only to be turned away and later disciplined for any lack of understanding. - The company is very data-heavy, which has its pros (as it can result in better informed strategy decisions), but I believe it is taken to the point of being a con. This obsession with data results in a revenue department that spends more time making changes to forecast files than to making the actual system changes that will result in success. It also results in sales teams spending more time recording and forecasting than selling. While this data definitely helps to inform strategies, there is a point in which too much time is spent on planning and too little on taking the actions needed to achieve desired results. It also results in long onboarding times, as the files used for this data collection and forecasting are specialized and heavy handed compared to industry norms. Considering the lack on onboarding and training already detailed, this results in a continual state of undue stress for employees. The “fix” for this stress is for employees to sacrifice work-life balance in order to get everything completed, which leadership takes as a signal that more can be required of employees. - In my experience employees are treated as expendable and easily replaced. This mindset is felt at every level of the organization, resulting in a culture of constant fear for one's job security. This is an ongoing issue with the corporate culture, and not due to COVID-19’s impact on the industry. Working in the industry, TPG unfortunately has the reputation for this culture. I was actually approached at an industry conference by an ex-TPG employee who (without prompting) shared his need to always have a job offer in his back pocket to feel financially secure when working at TPG. In my view this feeling is unfortunately systemic within Procaccianti Companies. Additionally, I observed multiple instances in which front line hotel employees' safety was (in my honest opinion) disregarded as choices were made to save money by not hiring security to protect employees working alone overnight. This signals to employees that they are not valued or respected by leadership. This is angering as I have repeatedly seen the loyalty and hard work of front-line employees answered with indifference by corporate management. - As a word of warning: In late 2018 HR started a campaign in an effort to improve the reputation of the company. They did this by requesting new hires to review TPG on Glassdoor. This in-and-of-itself is not unusual. What is unusual, however, is that they also requested tracking information in order to identify who made each review (review title, date entered, ect). This resulted in (in my view) positive reviews of questionable validity. HR pressured new employees into reviewing the company with the understanding that they would be watching what was reported. I would take this into account when viewing all reviews starting late 2018.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Tough company to last in

Sep 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

not sure if there is 1

Cons

Extremely high expectancies and grueling hours

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work!

Mar 6, 2020 - Accounting Manager in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here at the corporate office are wonderful. Many of us have been here for over a decade which I think says a great deal about the environment. Good health and dental coverage. The workdays go by very quickly and pleasantly.

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons.

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 25, 2019 - Accountant in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company really values their employees and it shows! Managers are approachable and helpful and training is extensive. As a recent college graduate it was very assuring to be in an environment where questions are encouraged and any assistance is easily attainable. TPG is a company where you can begin your career and there will always be opportunities at the next level when you feel ready!

Cons

During my short time here, I have not experienced any cons to being employed at TPG!

HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for posting such a great review, championing for Procaccianti Companies! There are many opportunities within the company, to provide associates the stability of a long lasting career. I myself am on year 16. Glad to hear that you have had such a positive experience. We wish you every success!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard work pays off for those who put the effort in.

Jul 6, 2019 - Area Director of Revenue Management in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Albeit a short time with the company if you put the effort in, it doesn’t go unnoticed. This is a small family owned company with national reach that has exponential growth and I am happy to be apart of the experience. The company has put a large amount of resource into the corporate office, specifically within revenue management. State of the art office with new technology in a collaborative environment. To top it off, a large amount of experienced talent.

Cons

Long waiting period for 401k benefits. Departments within the company can become siloed and work independent of each other which can be found as counterintuitive.

HR Communications Mgr.

We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your position in the hospitality revenue department. The extensive renovations you referenced, have all been put in place to give our associates create a lot of interaction and socialization. More renovations are in process so we'll have to wait and see how that will help for a more collaborative dynamic.

7. 4.0

Company Overview

Nov 26, 2019 - Asset Management Analyst in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Asset Management team is comprised of highly intelligent and motivated individuals who work together in order to meet high returns year after year. The team thrives in an environment dependent on collaboration and critical thinking to produce the best results possible for each property.

Cons

The workplace can be somewhat intimidating for younger employees as there are no set procedures or training available to follow as you navigate the company/Asset Management Team.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Company, Entrepreneurial and Rewards Hardworking & Loyal Employees

Feb 19, 2019 - Vice President - Asset Management in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard, make the organization a better one and create value, Procaccianti will reward you and promote you. Many employees have been at the company for a long time and there is tremendous respect for those that work hard and make the organization a better one. If you're not a hard worker and just doing your job description, you probably won't get promoted or earn more. If you're focused on growing your career, Procaccianti is definitely a terrific organization to work for. As a smaller organization, it is very entrepreneurial-minded. With less bureaucracy, this allows you to really make changes that impact the organization and if they make the organization a better one, the founders see that. Company is very understanding of a work/life balance. Founders are very family oriented and focus on their roots and are quite philanthropic!

Cons

None really! Maybe that you have to wear a suit and tie every day!

HR Communications Mgr.

We appreciate hearing from our associates, and certainly respect the effort you put into this company review. Promoting within, respect for our peers, and being rewarded for job performance are 3 great things that you've pointed out. The level of our founders' giving back to their community is a great attribute, and yes quietly understated. Adding more employee gatherings has been on our radar as well. We hope to see additional changes soon. Your remaining comments re: dress code are noted. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A galvanized working experience.

Jul 8, 2019 - Senior Director Marketing in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for many hotel corporate management location headquarters. Most have been fraught with ego, and silo's. TPG is very people driven and galvanized. It has been a refreshing place to work. I look forward to the future. I can't not speak of the field, just being "at corporate". TPG doesn't really manage a lot of hotels for others, and ownership works on site, thus there is less red tape, and indecision. Decisions are nimble and responsible.

Cons

Sometimes team consensus leads us to indecision.

HR Communications Mgr.

Working at the corporate office for TPG Hotels and Resorts, a Procaccianti Companies subsidiary, one really is part of a team. Having all departments at the corporate location provides a collaborative environment where a lot can be done in timely fashion. A few forms of communication that we currently have to keep you updated with the properties, would be the corporate newsletters that are distributed, login in to our main payroll/informational site which does have monthly and quarterly newsletters from the properties, and following our tpghotelsandresorts facebook page. So welcome to the team and warmest wishes for a long successful career here with us at Procaccianti Companies!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

1 Year Anniversary and Can't Wait For What's To Come Next!

Aug 27, 2019 - Regional Director of Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been with the company just a year now and there is no turning back. Great growth and learning opportunities from all sides. Amazing CEO and SVP that truly care about the people and the properties! Couldn't pull me away!

Cons

None! Great team, that continues to evolve and works to ensure everyone is taken care of.

HR Communications Mgr.

Thank you for the glowing post!. TPG has a great family run, senior management team that truly does care about the associates that drive the company. We wish you continued success in your relatively new position with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews