Progressive Leasing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 1, 2018

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing rapidly and has a ton of growth ahead" (in 16 reviews)

• "Progressive Leasing has been a blessing in my life" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growing, some growing pains but it creates a significant amount of opportunity" (in 11 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast than they can manage at times, it can be chaotic" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Progressive Leasing is hands down the best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Merchant Support in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Merchant Support in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in call center jobs for 20 years across the spectrum of job types from collections to dispatch to technical support and it's not even close.
    There are a bunch of cool touches: Full gym, free snacks and drinks, regular drawings for prizes, and huge monthly bonus potential (I average a substantial bonus every month), paid company celebrations (Example: full center paid day off for lagoon day includes tickets, parking, lunch, gift card for misc expenses and raffling of fantastic prizes including several 55 inch UHDTV's, luggage set with trip voucher, drones, roomba's and more). On busy event days, they cater lunch for everyone. Every month, in addition to the bonus structure there is an additional performance reward program that includes recognition, additional pay bonus and the possibility to earn a catered lunch with upper management; this same structure includes a quarterly award and a yearly award; the yearly award affords a paid family trip/vacation/conference to a company retreat out of state.
    Beyond that, the room for career growth is amazing. The company is great about developing talent internally and rewarding that talent for their growth; they don't simply give additional work and call it a promotion, for every increase or change in duties to a higher position, the company provides substantial raises.
    The management genuinely cares and the company works with you to find the best available solution for any situation; valuing you as a person who exists and has needs rather than just as what you bring as an employee.
    There is so much more about this company that is just fantastic I can't even cover it all.
    Tuition reimbursement, public transportation, multiple discount programs, actively seeking feedback and implementing positive change based on that feedback, mentor programs, insurance, PTO, Floating vacation day to have birthday off. I'm not a parent, but I understand there are a number of fantastic benefits available to parents as well.

Cons

My biggest con is scheduling. It can be difficult to get an ideal schedule and there is virtually no way at the level I am at to consistently have both weekend days off; most are on a rotation wherein they need to work every other Saturday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep caring. Keep listening to feedback. Keep making us feel valuable.

2. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company as a rule really does care about their employees

Cons

The salary could be better compared to other call centers in the area

Advice to Management

Make the salary the same as the call centers around you

3. "High highs and low lows"

Former Employee - Sales in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Draper, UT

I worked at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really talented and amazing people at this company. Chances are, you'll love most of your coworkers. It's an incredibly successful company with plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Very corporate mentality. While most of the leadership there is excellent, a small but strong minority often looked at employees as interchangeable assets to be used and/or tossed aside, not as human beings to be mentored and understood.

For as much money as the company brings in, leadership can be quite tight-fisted and more interested in securing a bigger piece of their personal pie than taking care of some of the employees who brought them there. There's a lot of talk that is talked about opportunity, but the morale in the sales and marketing department tells a much different tale. And when your sales and marketing team sees big numbers in the door quarter after quarter and the general feeling in the office is that we're failing or walking a tightrope, then there's clearly something wrong happening at the top.

Advice to Management

There are great people at this company who deserve to feel like they're great people. Low morale and high levels of discouragement aren't something to blame on members of the team, especially when it's clearly localized in a single division of the company. Start listening to them and believing them rather than attempting to discredit, point fingers, or blame.

4. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Draper, UT

I worked at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of family activities all year round (movies, lagoon, Halloween parties ETC)
    The nice big new building, free unlimited breakfast, ping pong, basketball, and soda.
    Team that is all working toward the same goal: to provide simple and affordable purchases options for credit challenged customers.
    Off-sites for all of the sales that is hosted in park city and fun.
    Great with the community, always giving back.
    Stock option plan that is awesome

Cons

PTO for the first five years is minimal.
    Hourly pay, nothing really salary.
    The company is so big that times you get lost when it comes to promotions.
    Outside sales options are hard to come by and require a lot of travel.

"Field Sales Team"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great sales culture that treats their employees wonderfully. Gives fun incentives with knowledge and tools to excel at their position.

Cons

If you work remote and want to promote you'll need to be mobile. If you cannot move from your location than it is more difficult to move upward.

6. "Avoid Collections if you decide to work for this company"

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Draper, UT

I worked at Progressive Leasing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will Work with your schedule.
    PTO and Benefits are nice

Cons

Dis organised
    Inexperienced, Immature people in Supervisor positions
    Did not provide proper training for new employees
    When reporting a situation management did not take anything into consideration
    Extremely Cliquey,

Advice to Management

Within the 4 months i worked here it was a nightmare. It felt like highschool. Hire more people with better experience. People who don't make you feel that you were at fault for the lack of training and communication on thier part. People with a little bit more maturity. Not early 20 year olds that abuse thier power and play favorites.

7. "Payment Specialist"

Current Employee - Payment Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Payment Specialist in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and great employees

Cons

Hard to move around in other parts of the company other than operations

8. "Great place to work in Technology"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Director in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Director in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative, positive environment. Leadership cares about career growth and team members and foster a culture of teamwork.

Cons

Fast growing, some growing pains but it creates a significant amount of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. "Amazing culture!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing group of people to work with. Great collaboration among different teams, and all the free pop tarts you can eat.

Cons

I can't think of anything

10. "Each Department Should Have There Unique Policy"

Current Employee - Analyst in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most VIP Do Listen To Their Employees Opinions and Make Necessary Improvement

Cons

One "Clean Desk Policy" Cover Every Single Department But In a Reality, It Does Not Apply to IT Department, Because Unlike Office and Call Center In a Open Areas, We Are In a Badge and Locked Workplace.

Advice to Management

This "Clean Desk Policy" Hurt Production Line, The Room Look Clean BUT It Isn't Productive and Effective Way To Provision Laptops and Desktops.

This So Called Clean Desk Policy Should Be Different In IT Area, Especially If You Constantly Needs Prepare Laptops and Desktops to Employees, How Can You Say "I Don't Want Any Laptops On The Desk If They Don't Have Work Order, Because I Need a Clean Desk Policy"; How Can You Say "I Don't Want Any Power Adapters Plug In Because I Want a Clean Desk Policy".

When I Walked In To The Buildroom, In Average Laptops Provisions Decreasing a Lot Because Of The Clean Desk Policy, Also They Cut Lot of Rooms To Do the Laptops Provisions Due To The Clean Desk Policy. It Does Look Clean but It Look Like Shown Room MORE THAN A Work Place Like Used to Be, It Doesn't Look Like Productive and Effective Anymore. The Clean Desk Policy is Like "If Nothing Working On, Should Not Have Anything On The Desk, Including Keyboard, Mouse, Power Adapters, Tools And So On."

Sure These People In Buildroom Still Doing What's The Best For Them Because They Are The Only People Whose Spend 40 Hours A Week In That Tiny Room. Speaking of 40 Hours, Overtime Is NOT Allowed There Because There's Always Tomorrow, That's How The Managers Wants Them To Stacking Their Works And Wait For Tomorrow To Finish.