Progressive Leasing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 18, 2018

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing rapidly and has a ton of growth ahead" (in 15 reviews)

• "Progressive Leasing has been a blessing in my life" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast growing, some growing pains but it creates a significant amount of opportunity" (in 12 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast than they can manage at times, it can be chaotic" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Progressive Leasing is hands down the best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Merchant Support in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Merchant Support in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in call center jobs for 20 years across the spectrum of job types from collections to dispatch to technical support and it's not even close.
    There are a bunch of cool touches: Full gym, free snacks and drinks, regular drawings for prizes, and huge monthly bonus potential (I average a substantial bonus every month), paid company celebrations (Example: full center paid day off for lagoon day includes tickets, parking, lunch, gift card for misc expenses and raffling of fantastic prizes including several 55 inch UHDTV's, luggage set with trip voucher, drones, roomba's and more). On busy event days, they cater lunch for everyone. Every month, in addition to the bonus structure there is an additional performance reward program that includes recognition, additional pay bonus and the possibility to earn a catered lunch with upper management; this same structure includes a quarterly award and a yearly award; the yearly award affords a paid family trip/vacation/conference to a company retreat out of state.
    Beyond that, the room for career growth is amazing. The company is great about developing talent internally and rewarding that talent for their growth; they don't simply give additional work and call it a promotion, for every increase or change in duties to a higher position, the company provides substantial raises.
    The management genuinely cares and the company works with you to find the best available solution for any situation; valuing you as a person who exists and has needs rather than just as what you bring as an employee.
    There is so much more about this company that is just fantastic I can't even cover it all.
    Tuition reimbursement, public transportation, multiple discount programs, actively seeking feedback and implementing positive change based on that feedback, mentor programs, insurance, PTO, Floating vacation day to have birthday off. I'm not a parent, but I understand there are a number of fantastic benefits available to parents as well.

Cons

My biggest con is scheduling. It can be difficult to get an ideal schedule and there is virtually no way at the level I am at to consistently have both weekend days off; most are on a rotation wherein they need to work every other Saturday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep caring. Keep listening to feedback. Keep making us feel valuable.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and growing exponentially. The people are great to work with.

Cons

It feels like positions there are just becoming numbers. The company has grown from a few hundred employees to over 1,400 in just a few years.

Advice to Management

Need to get all departments on the same page and coordinate goals.

3. "Early stage collections"

Current Employee - Early Stage Collections in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Early Stage Collections in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get the job done atmospheres. Treat all with respect. That includes co-workers and customers. Celebrate all things important from Top performers to Birthdays. They listen to their people. Take good advice and implement it. Fun atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Non really that I’m aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Keep up with the positive feedback and employee pays on the back. We all enjoy knowing we count.

4. "Poor company"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Progressive Leasing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and cereal bar

Cons

Everything else. They set you up for failure

5. "Great company with a group of amazing people running it at the top."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance with great pay

Cons

No cons in my opinion. 2 years into the company I have not noticed anything that should be changed.

6. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - CS Agent in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - CS Agent in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company CARES. We have an missing employee who has been gone for 2 weeks and we are a mess. The family has a Gofund me and Progressive donated five thousand dollars to help the family. The HR leader comes here and talked and cried with all of us. They paid for missing person flyers and even let us have time off to go help the family post flyers and write notes for Kiera's family. No other companies do this. It is amazing

Cons

There are normal annoying things like being on calls all day but who cares. They feed us and always give prizes for hard work

Advice to Management

Please keep taking care of us like you do. What you do for our employees is amazing.

7. "Great People, Great Leadership, Great Company"

Current Employee - Agent in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are too many to list. Everyone on the senior leadership team are as authentic, brilliant and humble as they come. Every time we come to the CEO with questions related to staff, the first question he asks is "What is going to be the best for our employees?" He empowers others, quietly commands attention and respect when he speaks, but will also ask you about your weekend when you see him in the elevator, and takes the time to get to know you on a personal level (within reason, there ARE over 1000 employees).

Everyone seems to have the mentality of "it takes a village" and step in to help whenever the need arises. Beyond that, the company goes to great lengths to ensure we are taken care of. There are tons of perks (tuition assistance, public transit reimbursement, paid charity days, etc...etc...ETC!), the health benefits are awesome, the environment is one of communal growth and respect, and we even have a culture department (haha, love the suits and jokes!) This place has given me an extended family during a very rough point in my life and I LOVE IT HERE!

Cons

There are some growing pains. The company has grown so much, so quickly that there are some processes and organizational alignment is a little messy, but things are advancing and there are great teams of people that seem to always figure it out and make it awesome.

There are also occasionally some bad apples that bring the vibe of some teams down, but those people usually don't last long.

Advice to Management

Keep up:
    The amazing work
    Making us feel special
    Being humble and hungry
    Communicating

8. "Come be an Astronaut and Join the Rocket Ship"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Humboldt, TN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Humboldt, TN

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been part of the field team for the past four years and have loved working here. Although, nobody is perfect and you are going to find things you don't like about any place you work; I feel Progressive comes as close to perfect as one can expect. They truly value the opinion of their employees and work diligently to address any concerns or employee needs. Along with valuing their employees they also value their customers and do their very best to help each customer be successful with their lease. Being in the field and working directly with our partners offers me the opportunity to hear on a daily basis how amazing our customer service and merchant support teams really are. The field team is top notch and we are continuing to become better every day.

Progressive is a rocket ship and I would strongly encourage anyone who wants ne an astronaut to jump on board.

Cons

The hiring process can be a bit lengthy for in the field positions. It is sometimes difficult to resolve laptop issues since I am in the field.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, remember what brought us where we are at today. The amazing people that work here!

9. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company as a rule really does care about their employees

Cons

The salary could be better compared to other call centers in the area

Advice to Management

Make the salary the same as the call centers around you

10. "I hated my job"

Former Employee - Merchant Support in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Merchant Support in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Progressive Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers I worked with turned to family

Cons

always hired supervisor from outside instead of within the company.
    NO COVERAGE on the floor.
    when had sup calls, everyone (sups & team leads) avoided you.
    didn't want to work with school schedule.
    supervisors played favoritism.
    doesn't pay merchant support enough. We take everyones calls and do everyones job yet all we get in $1 to be "promoted" thats a joke
    The job is too stressful
    Spanish speakers only get 5% extra. (most jobs give at lease $2 more
    When there was an issue nothing was addressed
    Management SUCKS!!!

Advice to Management

The supervisor I had was horrible. She was always worried about what I was doing. I got threats from her all the time while on a FMLA leave. It wasn't until I finally stepped up to her and said I don't have to tell you anything about my leave. By law and I advised i was going to take action else where. Supervisor also went through my desk while I was gone. There was nothing in my desk for her to go through it. That is out of hand. And the fact that a co-worker text me saying she did so and not even her. This was by far one of the work places to work. My advice to management is stop hiring supervisor from the outside. There are far more deserving people who were well qualified already working in the company and who would of did a far better job. You have no idea how awful this place is turning.