PulsePoint Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PulsePoint CEO Sloan Gaon
Sloan Gaon

Pros
  • The hours are super flexible, giving a nice work / life balance (office is empty by 6pm) (in 7 reviews)

• great culture - great people - good benefits- Currently headed in correct direction (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a true competitor in the ad tech space (in 4 reviews)

• Small company, big impact": only partly true (in 4 reviews)

"Wish I could have stayed longer!!!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at PulsePoint last summer as analyst intern in the Data Science and Analytics team. The company is a good place for graduates and interns. Working in the Data Science team was a fast learning experience. You get to do some real analysis and build projects that are actually used in the company to make impact. The best part was the culture which is very friendly and welcoming. Everyone was ready to set aside time regardless of their teams ( even if you are an intern!)

Everyone in the company is smart and are the best at what they do. Hard Work is respected and I was able to get a temporary contract after my internship. The internship program is good and you get exposure to different teams as well. The HR team makes sure you get a good idea about programmatic and adtech during the internship and they make sure you have fun while you are learning.

Overall, one of the best companies in NYC to learn the AdTech industry and start your career.

Cons

none I could think of!

"Long overdue review - sorry!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was improving when I left. No surprise it has the high ratings it does now.
    Culture was amazing and unique
    People team (shout out to Anthony) were great. People first mentality definitely improved morale. They also did great with making sure career development became a priority
    Very nimble and scrappy
    New CEO at the time did a great job of aligning vision with product.

Cons

still were going through lots of transitions when I left but I hear they are stable now

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers - everyone here is dedicated to getting the job done, and making sure we are giving the customers what they need.

Awesome work environment - I truly enjoy coming to work each day

Great support for my career - I always feel like I'm being heard, and get the resources I need to succeed

Cons

You will need to be good at time management. I read through the glassdoor reviews before I took the job here, and there were quite a few that mentioned having many meetings. I can't speak for everyone, but the ones I am in are valuable. It's also not uncommon to have impromptu conversations. These are all signs of a highly collaborative organization. I've employed a strategy of blocking off time to focus on my own initiatives.

"Strong Growth - Amazing Leadership - Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Senior DSP Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior DSP Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

If you love ad tech and are looking for work, consider PulsePoint. I joined earlier this year on the account management side and am consistently blown away by great collaboration, our positive growth strategy, leadership that cares, is involved, and has zero ego. There is a great vibe going on PulsePoint right now, and anyone would be fortunate to work here.

Cons

None that come to mind.

"Fun company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture - great people - good benefits- Currently headed in correct direction. Standard tech 'benefits' (free beer, lunches etc.)

Cons

Sometimes it feels we're playing catch up with innovation- move quicker.Some teams can communicate/collaborate better

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to innovate

"Tech company where you can make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is very open. The CEO and all the senior team sit with everyone else.
    The company holds weekly meetings where the entire company is invited for brainstorming, updates, activities. Several initiatives were funded from ideas coming individual contributors.
    There is a real desire from the senior team to grow each member of the company. I have never seen such support and trying to put in place the right culture, from onboarding of a new hires up to the transparency in the company strategy,

Cons

Pulsepoint is in a competitive market where staying relevant means continuously reinventing yourself.
    The many ideas put in place to grow and align the team are not all rationalized. So at times the system that tracks your goals, along with the career path system and reviews can add a level of complexity. They are all good ideas, but need to be tuned to be aligned with everyone's work and daily realities.

Advice to Management

Try several "next big thing" so that one works.
    Expand implementations of new ideas, generalize trials and POC to find new venues.
    Give a flexibility for each department on how to spend budget and teams. The company needs to be flexible.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I started at PulsePoint about 8 months ago after a terrible couple of jobs coming out of college. I was little dismayed with what it meant to work for a company but PulsePoint has changed my view. Yes work can be stressful and work is called work but PulsePoint has a great culture and is a great place to work. The CEO is very accessible and really takes the time to get to know people. The company is really open with information sharing numbers, goals etc. Also, they take time to set up development plans for people so I know what my next stop up the corporate ladder is and how to achieve it. Plus they give lots of training to help develop. All of this, plus a great group of people and an exciting ad tech space. In my mind, this place rocks and is a great place to work.

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons. I know some people complain but some people are just complainers and don't know better

Advice to Management

Would love to see more resources in tech.

"Small tech company with big opportunities"

Current Employee - Tech in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech in New York, NY

Pros

People are very friendly and willing to help everyone around them.
    The work is challenging and rewarding at a technical level.
    There are lots of chances to make an impact. For example the CEO has sessions where one can propose "bold" ideas that will help the company.
    Little bureaucracy. Need something from anyone? Just head over to their desk and ask.
    The hours are super flexible, giving a nice work / life balance (office is empty by 6pm).
    Small teams help a lot with communication.

Cons

Wish the company marketed itself more as tech rather than advertising. It has really smart brains that could attract others, but you have to be an insider to know this.

Advice to Management

Try to leverage the technology you have as a way to get more smart people to come work for you.

"Fun company with incredible passion"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I've had a great time working at pulspeoint. Working with some of the smartest and talented people I've met in my career. Both on the technology side as well as the business side.
    We have great perks, fun team events, happy hours, group exercise classes, etc. It's a great way to bring the teams together and get to know people you don't necessarily work with on a day to day basis.
    Not a lot of bureaucracy and red tape to get you ideas across or get something done. We are allowed to make a difference (the teams are small) and everyone has the opportunity to contribute.
    One thing that was started recently was company meetings where we could float interesting new ideas to the group and CEO. It's great bouncing ideas off your colleagues in such an informal setting.

Cons

Nothing that I would consider a con. There's always room for improvement in every company. Tighter communication across the departments would be helpful--but that's a challenge in most companies I've been in. The individuals who wrote negative things below, imo don't 'get it' and should probably experience the world from outside pulsepoint to understand how great a place it is. I've been at places (and spoken to peers) that could genuinely label their work as toxic and unhealthy. Wake up and realize how good you have it.

Advice to Management

Great job, great company. Love it here.

"Great company if you want to make an impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Small company where everyone has access to leadership as well as company goals. At every level in the company, there is opportunity for ownership of something and meaningful contribution. The company is profitable and in a strong cash position, investing in team and product growth. Tremendous amount of transparency and strong value based org. All the perks of a start up culture, food, drink, social outings, soccer team, soul cycle classes, etc.

Cons

None that I have seen as of yet

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees and keep the communication flowing