PulsePoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 74 reviews

4.2
PulsePoint CEO Sloan Gaon
Sloan Gaon
Pros
  • "Awesome HR staff, free lunch twice a month(in 9 reviews)

• "The yearly retreats are always a blast(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unfortunately going downhill together with Ad-Tech industry(in 5 reviews)

• "It's a small company, so if you're used to working at a huge company, you'll probably need to adjust(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company if you want to accelerate your career and learn how to scale a business"

Current Employee - Global Director Operations in Stoke Mandeville, England

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company if you really want to own your role, learn and grow. I joined as an individual contributor and have been able to work up to managing the European Business before transitioning to managing the Global Operations team. Through out that journey management but their faith in me and invested time to educate and train me on what it takes to succeed in those roles. If you want to play a part in building... and scaling a valuable company, it's a great place to work.

Cons

Scaling a business is hard and requires commitment. If you want an easy job where you're just a cog in a big machine go find a big mature business. If you want to make a real impact come to PulsePoint.

PulsePoint2019-06-19

PulsePoint Response

August 15, 2019SVP of HR

Thank you for your input and feedback. To be certain, PulsePoint is a place for folks looking for a job that has them in the spotlight and having an impact. And being a small organization, this autonomy necessitates everyone 'rowing in the same direction' and 'owning' their role. ...

"Great place to work with career growing opportunities"

Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The most fun place to work by also providing career growth opportunities. Everybody works hard. Senior Leadership team provides a clear vision of the company and is very transparent about overall strategy and business objectives. Everyone is very approachable regardless of title or job function.

Cons

Sometimes things move slower than they could be

PulsePoint2019-06-26

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

An amazing team of talented people, The Leadership team are all very approachable and down to earth. It's a really great company culture. There's lots of room for growth. The yearly retreats are always a blast. There are lots of perks: free lunch, massage day, $500 bonus for vacations, honeymoons, etc. They have a very unique tech offering in the healthcare space.

Cons

More diversity in the Executive Leadership Team.

PulsePoint2019-06-25

"Wonderful place to work, great people"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PulsePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

i really loved my experience at PulsePoint. The team was great to work with, smart and hardworking. the health business is driving the business and the product is pretty good and different then others in the market. Senior management is very engaged in business (no offices) and the CEO is very personable and accessible. Benefits are pretty good for the company size

Cons

no that I can point to, wish they would pay for education reimbursement.

Advice to Management

keep communicating as much as you do, make sure you focus on peoples workload, love the activities and fun stuff

PulsePoint2019-04-12

"cutting edge tech stack"

Current Employee - Data Engineer

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting cool tech stack to work on. Team is constantly updating it. I am really thrilled to work here.

Cons

been here just two weeks, have not spot any.

PulsePoint2019-04-08

"Great team and great energy!"

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely generous learning stipend - Everyone gets $2,000 every year to spend on learning & development. The values aren't just words on a wall - Everyone seems to believe in them. Game nights are a fun way for everyone to connect. The people who work here are really knowledgeable. My manager doesn't take themselves too seriously, which is a breath of fresh air. Lots of areas to grow and learn about,... there's nothing holding you back.

Cons

PTO bank should be increased, we can do much better. Benefits package in general could be stronger- I would rather have a higher 401k match or stronger health plan instead of a retreat. Working from home shouldn't be seen as a negative thing if you can get the work done. It comes across as inauthentic when you refer to managers as "coaches"... We get what you're saying, but maybe don't be so cheesy about it...... Being direct and authentic will take you much further with your team.

Advice to Management

Don't take it personally that the workforce is changing... It's easy to get hung up on "this is how it worked in the past", but in adtech that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Listen to what your team is saying, and don't get defensive and let your ego stand in the way of progress.

PulsePoint2019-04-08
  7. "Fire to hire, avoid"

I worked at PulsePoint full-time

Pros

Great teams of people who are hard working and passionate Lots of wonderful company events

Cons

Poor headcount strategy from upper management/HR, resulting in layoffs/attrition. Less than average tech stack

PulsePoint2019-05-16

"Health Sales"

I have been working at PulsePoint

Pros

Great company, really transparent and a truly genuine and inspirational CRO

Cons

It’s a hands on, work from office environment- so just know that going in

Advice to Management

Achieving better health outcomes is a great mission - keep innovating!

PulsePoint2019-03-21

"Great place to work . . . exciting work, team and beneifts"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is my 4 job and by far the best company that I have worked for. They do exciting work in the healthcare space, the team is great, leadership cares much more then any other company, benefits are solid and the clients are top notch brands in the healthcare space. They also have a pretty good benefits plan including health, dental, free food, company retreats. The company also is very open about its numbers,... strategy etc

Cons

The company is relatively small so you cannot hide. I have seen a bunch of promotions but they aren't a lot of them because team is less then 200 pp. Wish they had a tuition reimbursement program and paid bonuses more regularly

Advice to Management

All good except there are a few people on the team who act like prima donnas . . . don't tolerate that stuff. It is difficult on us all

PulsePoint2019-02-01

"Fabulous place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Publisher Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PulsePoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Innovative in everything we do - Collaborative environment - Great health benefits - Spin class and free lunch every other Friday! - Verticalizing in the programmatic space to stand out against competitors!

Cons

- No work from home policy - No flex hours - More transparency from the HR team

Advice to Management

Management is receptive to lower-level suggestions. My advice would be to continue driving the company to where it can go. Focus on what we do GREAT at and drive it to success!

PulsePoint2019-01-29