RadNet Reviews | Glassdoor

RadNet President and CEO Howard G. Berger
Howard G. Berger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No raises, some staff micro manages" (in 53 reviews)

• "They could care less about patient care and their employees" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Help patients with admissions"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Riverside, CA

I worked at RadNet part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people with Their admissions

Cons

Need to delegate among other colleagues

Advice to Management

Provide continuous training

2. "Accounting Dept - Culture change needed"

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy - Only if they trust you, and your work.

Cons

Lack of middle management - No middle managers, just directors and above. Huge communication issues. You will feel like you are on an island. No one is mentoring you.

Lack of meritocracy - Work as hard as you want - they do not notice it. Handful of empty promises - You are better off going on cruise control.

Advice to Management

They need to communicate with their team. Pour into them. Regardless if they hire some managers to do it - It still starts with the people on top.

"New York Call / Scheduling Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can learn about many different about Radiology

Cons

You are learning at the risk of the patients, lacks training needed to successfully answer technical / medical questions patients may have.

Advice to Management

Better train schedulers

4. "Great IT Department to work for"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RadNet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IT is a caring family-like atmosphere. Great people. Caring CIO. Decent company culture.

Cons

No annual raises or reviews.

Advice to Management

Give annual raises and show a bit more appreciation to employees. When an employee does a good job, tell them. For many people it's a motivator.

"Patient Service Representative"

I worked at RadNet full-time

Pros

Great way to build experience

Cons

Employee's are overworked with no raises

Advice to Management

Give raises

6. "if you are a greedy, self centered, or simply a good liar. This company is just the perfect for you!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at RadNet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Experience in general. Hands down to the very good radiologists especially from the Community, Advance Radiology group. Employees are very hardworking but hardly commended.
    Pay is more than average, BUT Make sure you review and get all questions answered in writing prior to accepting the job offer. Again, think, think, think, especially if you know that you are a hardworking and easy to work with employee.
    You don’t want to see yourself treated without consideration or worst is to see yourself worthless regardless of the years you’ve dedicated to this company.

Cons

Bunch of slanderers, biased , self seeking , deceptive ways of dealing with employees, very biased. It’s like a huge bag of liars just waiting to explode in due time. Nothing but a bunch of years of personal Clicks, which is typical in Radnet especially from the same clicks of people from the previous Radiologix/ Advance radiology starting from the regional operations head to the unqualified sub-directors. Site managers will always be labelled unkind mainly because of how they were told by their regional operation directors.
    No personal growth when it comes to career. You’ll be stuck to whatever position you got hired for unless you have that magical/ hush hush member of the ‘ click group’.
    Race and your sexual orientation could be or might be the main basis of their ‘to be qualified ‘ code of standards.

Advice to Management

Advice? How can Management be open to any advice if they themselves are stuck with their own selfish ways of dealing with employees and actual patients with disrespect and common courtesy. I personally see Dr. Berger to be a very considerate and to be a very family oriented, caring and open minded individual. The concern I have for their future employees is that how sincere and how truthful does the owner consider this bunch of unqualified regional directors Mainly from the Midwest/mid eastern region.

The company is structured and designed perfectly starting from the it’s humble and compassionate owner to his California board of directors. But once the attention shifts to the company’s regional directors (eastcoast).

The regional heads of Radnet midtlantic and Midwest are nothing but just a waste of company money. Everybody knows that operations Can surely be handled by site managers themselves.
    If I were Dr. Berger, I would do a deep investigation as to how operations are handled . It’s really could be sad, but it’s true.

My respect to Radnet mainly to Dr. Berger. Just being real here.
    Sad to say that eastcoast ethics can be very very disturbing to any individual, may they be a patient, an employee or a self destructing event which is ready explode and still leave the owner clueless as to how his perfectly designed company went into ruins or worst it became such a waste.

"Working as a Technologist"

Current Employee - Technologist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technologist in New York, NY

I have been working at RadNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I originally worked for RadNet as a technologist with limited experience in the modality. They helped me get my certification by training me.
    - They paid my course, the fees for doing CE activities and my license/certification renewals.
    - They provide free life insurance.
    - At a small cost they provide pet insurance for your dog or cat.
    - Most of my co workers are friendly.

Cons

- We don't have sick days, personal days or vacation days. We only get 17 PTO days per year, unlike some companies provide one month off plus sick + personal days.
    - RadNet overbook patients like you would not believe. Sometimes I will see a long line of patients from the elevator to the waiting room. Not enough chairs in the waiting room for the amount of patients they book. Some patients stand and wait, so we end up having grumpy patients. We have patients back to back.
    - Management doesn't appreciate the technologists or any of their staff. They only care about how many patients we do in a day, not the quality of care we provide.
    - No matter how much one does for the company management refuses to give raises.
    - Management tries to force us to work more hours due to overbooking patients.
    - We are discouraged from resting when there are no patients to take care of.
    - We are not in a union, no matter what management says. We don't pay union dues and don't have union benefits. We have been fighting for a union for many years and we still don't have a union.
    - Now that I am a certified technologist they refuse to train me further because they would rather me take care of as much patients as possible than take the time to train me in other aspects of the modality. I am now stagnant in my position when I am eager to learn more.

Advice to Management

- You have a lot of hard working employees. Appreciate them. They want to make their hard work worthwhile. Give raises so that your good employees don't leave. Overworking your employees with low pay is never a good thing.
    - Start providing sick days. We want to take care of ourselves when we are sick. Not providing sick days encourages us to show up to work sick and potentially getting our co workers sick.

8. "PSR"

Current Employee - PSR in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - PSR in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at RadNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits. Good entry level experience. Decent co-workers.

Cons

No unpaid time off. No upward movement. No raises. Strict attendance policies. Unorganized and unsupportive upper corporate management. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Structure business to keep facilities properly staffed and supplied with the equipment they need to be successful at their jobs.

9. "Sonographer"

Former Employee - Sonographer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Sonographer in Oakland, CA

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work Radiologists are nice

Cons

Management system is horrible and no raise

Advice to Management

Terrible management system

"Scheduler/ PSR"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Tarzana, CA
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Tarzana, CA

I worked at RadNet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Scheduling teaches you a lot that helps you advance

Cons

When switching over to PSR I was not trained and my manager expected me to know everything that I was new too I also would see my manager cry every day not just to me but to patients. When I put in my two week notice Hr called me back and fired me. Working at valley hills imaging was a nightmare

Advice to Management

Management needs to be retrained as well was HR