SAP Concur Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
SAP Concur President Mike Eberhard
Mike Eberhard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work life balance, Good perks" (in 109 reviews)

• "Great people and supportive environment" (in 49 reviews)

Cons

1. "Excellent employee centric environment"

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Client Support Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and a positive pro employee attitude!

Cons

Must have a strong technical apptitude and love to dig into issues to find solutions

Advice to Management

Give additional training on mentoring

2. "This used to be a great company"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people and amazing products

Cons

Leadership is weak and overly focused on sales

3. "SAP Concur"

Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Work hours and location, global presence.

Cons

Part of SAP now which means tighter restrictions on travel, budgets, and hiring.

Advice to Management

Teleconferencing is great but so is face to face when needed. Many remote employees travel to corporate in Bellevue, but Bellevue does not travel to theater offices.

"Good place, but kind of a boys club"

I worked at SAP Concur full-time

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Great products
    -Strong, growing company
    -Strong Leadership

Cons

-Company culture was strong at one point, but as the company grew fast the culture took a hit.
    -Salary is below other software companies in the area.
    -There is a boys club that showed favoritism to those that were personal friends.

5. "From Startup to SAP"

Former Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Port Angeles, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Design Engineer in Port Angeles, WA

I worked at SAP Concur full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Reasonable compensation and benefits
    - Good people to work with
    - Interesting work at one of the largest global technology companies

Cons

- No longer a startup culture
    - Transit commuter friendly, but expensive parking if you drive your car.
    - Located In one of the most expensive living areas in the Northwest.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the uniqueness that made Concur a great company.

6. "Market Development Representative"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at SAP Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. $$$

Very competitive salary/comp structure for an entry-level sales role. Plenty of opportunity to make great money at this position.

2.) Company culture (best part of the job)

This team is full of fun and smart people that you’ll actually enjoy working with. You’ll build friendships and make connections that will last for years.

3.) Professional and personal development

Sales, marketing, operations - whatever area you’d like to learn or develop skills, this team and position will provide you with the opportunity to do so.

Cons

1. High Expectations

Expectations to perform and hit quotas are expected with such a competitive salary/comp structure. Shouldn’t be too much of a surprise to anyone interested in a sales role.

2. Change

Systems, processes, and personnel change often but that’s expected considering the nature of working at a tech company. Getting into a rhythm will take extra effort but overcoming obstacles in this role will prove to be extremely valuable experience that you will carry with you throughout the rest of your career.

Advice to Management

Upper leadership should sit and shadow reps more often. At least one Sr. Director every quarter should be spending a half day with an individual MDR/team. It’s an easy way to boost morale, and it’ll help fast track the systematic roadblocks that effect MDR efficiencies.

7. "Senior Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SAP Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great support across the board, and incredibly intelligent colleagues. Agility with substantial resources, and treated fairly throughout.

Cons

Lack of broader understanding of the travel products as core is focused on entirely different business units/verticals.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking advice and feedback from current employees and take risks w/regards to travel products.

"SMN Marketing: Best marketing job of my career"

Pros

- Fun and smart coworkers
    - My boss values me and my contributions
    - Strong team culture
    - Ability to make an impact on the business
    - Honest, open work environment
    - Clear and transparent communication
    - Start up culture

Cons

- Sometimes hard being a marketer inside a sales organization
    - Still work to be done on getting tools and processes where they need to be

Advice to Management

I love this team and I love Concur. I can’t think of a better place to be as a growing marketer and professional.

Keep moving the SMN organization in the direction it is going. I’ve been on the SMN Marketing team 2+ years, and in the last 1 year we have seen a lot of very positive growth and change. Changes that needed to be made.

For those of us that have been on the team for a while, it is refreshing to see where we are today. And my historical understanding of how and why we made past decisions is more valuable than ever before. I’m also being given opportunities that never existed for me before - like building a business strategy and presenting business results to stakeholders.

Many new team members and new leaders that are bringing great ideas. My boss is one of them - and is the best!

I am happy to see that we are embracing team diversity in the form of culture, backgrounds and skill sets as we hire. This has been a good thing for SMN and is a good influence on overall Concur culture. This is easy to see in the revived team atmosphere and great business results.

I’ve appreciated the additional investment in communication & transparency across the team, and increased investments in career growth. These are areas that had been missing for me.

"Market Development Representative"

I worked at SAP Concur full-time

Pros

Good culture, Possible advancement, Fun coworkers

Cons

Tons of turnover, Inexperienced Management, They tell 40+ employees that they can all advance after 1 year while also hiring externally

Advice to Management

Be realistic when talking to employees about their career advancement and where they are at. Be upfront and tell them what they have to do to get where they want to go. Don't play employees against each other when they are all working hard to grow the company and market share. A lot of great people and friends are put in awkward situations when it comes to career advancement because management tells everyone that they can move up after one year in market development which is completely false. The company is also constantly hiring externally while playing their internal employees against each other. This forces great employees to leave because they are undervalued. Some MDR's are promoted after 1 year and others are still working as an MDR after 3-4 years.

"The opportunity is endless, as long as you start outside of Market Development"

Former Employee - Market Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Market Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at SAP Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Concur has unlimited opportunities for career growth (once out of Market dev.)
    -The people you work with are fun, friendly, and you will want to hang out out with them outside of work
    -The product is amazing, and if you are able to get to a point in the company that you get to sell the product and not a meeting, it really is a value-added service
    -Great Benefits

Cons

The Market Development team has gone through a roller coaster of management in the past 2-3 years. The current regime has caused a severe downturn in morale, productivity, and trust in the process, and unfortunately Concur as a whole.

The rest of the managers have a lot of potential, but are forced to abide by upper management's leadership style. The major issue that I ran into was that I constantly was being talked to like a child rather than a working professional. An awesome pro of working for Concur was their benefits including 25 days PTO, however if you take a vacation, and do not hit your goal (which is astronomically high, while only increasing) you will be chastised. In fact, some were asked "do you really think you should take that PTO over Christmas with how your month is going?"

The job itself is difficult enough, cold calling is difficult enough. The job of leadership is to be selfless, to be a part of the grind, and to MOTIVATE people, rather than showing up late, leaving early, taking constant PTO, but then belittling their employees when they want the same (or similar) freedoms.

You will also need to be in seat for a minimum of 1 year, while attaining the high quota consistently to be eligible for a promotion. Elsewhere in the organization it is based on merit and production for a promotion, however in Market Dev the leadership (primarily directors) were more worried about hitting their own numbers, and how much you can help pad their pockets than your career development. They will do whatever they can to keep the top performers on their team to help themselves, rather than helping you progress in your career within Concur.

One final con: At Concur, and now SAP Concur you are a part of an incredible organization that strives to change businesses and lives of their employees as well as yours as an employee of SAP Concur. In Market Development, you are told NOT to attend the all hands meetings, the team celebration lunches, etc. because that time is better suited with you on the phone. This completely secludes the MDR teams from the bigger picture, and thus makes you feel like nothing but a number

Advice to Management

When I left the morale of the Market Development floor was at an all time low, and only sinking further.

I would recommend for upper leadership to take a deep look at how the MDR's are currently being trained, coached, and how they are being compensated.

Unfortunately when I left, top performers were the unhappiest on the floor, because the light at the end of the tunnel was being forced smaller and smaller