Secure-24 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Mike Jennings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is good for most but can be a challenge depending on the team and customers you are assigned (in 7 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn about new technologies are unlimited (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely horrendous work/life balance once you leave the initial helpdesk position (in 11 reviews)

• Suffers from a lot of favoritism among upper management (in 9 reviews)

1. "IOC Analyst"

Current Employee - IOC Analyst
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Great holiday bonuses
    Yearly raises with so much company growth
    They care when you have a personal matter to tend to

Cons

Schedules change every month.
    Having to bid for a schedule every month is pretty irritating sometimes
    The interview is not easy, good luck

2. "Technical Analyst"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and opportunity to move up.

Cons

Scheduling is rough and inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Find a scheduling solution, continue to work with employee's and back them up.

3. "Learn faster than then speed of light!"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to touch many technologies from Oracle to Linux, very nice. The company culture is great, the people I work with are great. The benefits are outstanding. Lots of internal growth. Very trustworthy C-level.

Cons

Very much a 'keep your phone with you 24x7' shop. Getting enough help for each engineering department can be a struggle.

Advice to Management

Utilize wisdom of your experienced HR staff early, and not an idle afterthought.

4. "Can you imagine"

Current Employee - Techie in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Techie in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can you imagine working for a company that really cares about everyone in the company. Secure-24 is that company. Since we had our annual holiday party and the company gave so much to each of us, it is about time that someone gave a little back.

Paul Bhatti, you are wonderful to work for. You are honest, straightforward and a downright super man. I never want to work for any one else ever.

John Dell. Thank you for being John Dell. Your commitment, dedication, honesty and drive is what epitomizes a leader. The future for you is unlimited. You have the heart of ten men. Not a mean bone in your body.

Jackie Miller. You are a fearless leader and inspire so many of us at Secure-24. And you’re brilliant. The future for you is as high as you want to reach.

The Human Resource Team. Dave P, ,Andy, Marcia, Elisa. I have worked at a few companies in my short career and you are a Diamond. Not just any old Diamond. HR at Secure-24 is sparkling one from Tiffany. You are the heart of the company. Every beat has your fingerprint on it. Every time I need help or guidance, it is one of you that gets me through it. You understand us and make our work fun.

Megan S (aka the Shark) If there is one person at Secure-24 that everyone loves that would be you. You have a gift that is one in 20 million. Your friendship, your compassion, your wit, your optimism and your incredible talent. You are Secure-24.

There are so many more people that deserve thanks and are appreciated and are the fabric of our beautiful company. A few being Chris D, Beth M, Vitale, Eric G, Scooter, S D, Nik, the sales and SA teams, LL, Steve N, E M, R D and hundreds more.

And of course MJ.

Cons

Not any that are concerning.

Advice to Management

Our leaders are very special

5. "Great place with ton of room for career advancement ."

Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IOC Analyst in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a structured model to acquire certifications and complete objectives before moving up the ladder. And the best of all is that it is all paid for and they give you raises on top.
    Learning about new technologies in this fast paste environment is amazing.
    Health benefits are all covered and the coverage is just great.
    Very friendly and approachable Management personnel. They actually care about each and everyone.

Cons

Secure-24 is not for everyone. I had a cultural shock when I first started but got used to it pretty quickly. Some people get carried away with the laid back environment sometimes but management addresses those issues as they arise.

Advice to Management

You have built a great department over the years and managed to have a great balance with the tremendous growth that the IOC has seen, especially over the past year. Staffing levels should be planned better as when we get short staffed, morale and quality start to go down which negatively affects the customer experience.

"Decent company with a fun culture but lacks structure"

Former Employee - Senior TSR in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior TSR in Southfield, MI

I worked at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone working at Secure-24 was friendly and felt more like family. It is a pretty laid back environment, Nerf darts constantly flying through the air. There was a lot of fun had, food brought in for everyone, parties, family friendly events and holiday get togethers etc etc. They encourage furthering your education with Cert reimbursements, interest free loans, an online "University" and catalog of courses. Allowed working from home and a flexible schedule. Great benefits.

Cons

A majority of employees were more about the play and not so much the work aspect. It sucks you in and drags you down if you let it. The training at the beginning of the job was absolutely irrelevant to the work itself. Our trainer spent most days talking about video games, movies and anime.. When we hit the floor we had no idea how DIFFICULT and STRESSFUL the job itself would be and caused me the most intense stress and anxiety I had suffered in years. Everyone would offer to help in a heartbeat when you first meet them but when you actually NEED HELP it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of anyone. The employees that would move up in the company would put a wall between themselves and their previous position/co workers and treated the service desk as unimportant and annoying. The Level 1 support who speaks directly to customers and dealing with their loose emotions got it the worst from all ends. Having worked in multiple large helpdesk environments I tried to offer suggestions and ideas in order to help make everything work better and streamline.. It landed on deaf ears no matter who it was relayed to. There was no communication between ANYONE and nothing would get done unless you yourself saw to it personally every single step of the way.. While also having your "Team Leaders" blowing up your messenger asking why you're in "Not Ready" instead of taking calls and complain when your tickets are slightly sloppy or rushed but also be on the phones constantly and make sure you resolve every single issue. The processes in place were old and outdated. The documentation was vague and difficult to decipher unless you had months of experience working there.. They wpould sign big contracts and bring giant clients onboard to support, not knowing anything about that client, not giving anyone in the service desk a heads up or training.. And then just dropping that client on our laps the next day expecting us to know all programs that client used and supporting their IT infrastructure.. No joke, we signed a new client at one point and NO ONE EVEN KNEW. Not until they scheduled us all for a "Training" session and gave us a quick 15 minute overview.. When I asked "When will this client start contacting us for support" the "Trainer" responded: Tomorrow.. No wait! Today.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION

7. "Private Equity Changed the Company and Culture"

I worked at Secure-24 full-time

Pros

Great value prop in a growing industry.

Cons

Private Equity Mgmt. came in and changed the culture, comp plan, and was the reason I left.

"Accelerated Professional Development"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to expand your work experience at Secure-24 is unlike anything you can find within the IT industry at large. Career progression is real, and if you have the desire to be involved in new projects they exist year over year because Secure-24 is a growing company, who also invests in training for employees.
    Secure-24 appreciates hard work and does so with excellent benefits: unlimited vacation, health care, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
    Corporate responsibility is a big focus too, with a Professional Women's group, philanthropy committee, and many opportunities to be involved in community projects through the year. Commitment to diversity is a big deal, and gender neutral bathrooms and the employee assistance program are just a few things that really make a difference in people's lives.
    The remote work/work from home flexibility is very good. Working remote is no problem, which allows people to be present during important family and life events, but still make progress at professional development. While work from home is used widely, people want to come into the office because the people who work at Secure-24 are quite possibly the best part. There are few workplaces where you can make so many friends and build real professional trust. The happy hours, company events, and rec leagues for those into bowling/golf/soccer/flag football/softball/etc. make a big difference in getting to know people. I've never lacked a mentor or a friend while working at Secure-24 and it's because I've stayed involved in these types of activities.

Cons

IT Management, especially at a service provider, isn't for everyone. Secure-24 is in an industry that requires working on holidays and weekends, but they do a good job of working to be progressive about work/life balance and appreciating employees, and the effort put into this makes a big difference. IT everywhere has a gender and diversity imbalance, but again Secure-24 is taking real steps to improve in these areas. It's also a growing company, so if you don't like moving your desk every 6 months or the excitement of big projects, Secure-24 might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees and working to be the best IT company in the industry for your customers.

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Secure-24 is an amazing place to work! The benefits are outstanding, in particular, the limitless vacations, flexible work schedule and the happy hours where we get the chance to hang out with our co-workers and enjoy a few beers. The technology exposure is second to none and its great knowing that I have so many talented senior technical resources that are willing to help and grow me. My Management team are very approachable and they genuinely care for my well being.

Cons

None - I wish I would have found Secure-24 earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Always stay connected to the people and you will always get the right results. By the way, we love our new Microsoft Surface Hub, its awesome!!

10. "Great company"

I have been working at Secure-24 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Benefits
    -Work/Life Balance
    -Opportunities to grow
    -Positive and affirming environment.
    -Great coworkers

Cons

-Disciplinary process
    -Rough rollouts for new customers

Advice to Management

I think there is sometimes too much of a focus on growth and not getting it right. New customer rollouts could be smoother. Consequences for not meeting goals should be clearly outlined and enforced.