Seventh Generation Reviews

1. "Great Place to Work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Unlike other companies, they truly live out their mission values in everything the touch. The leadership in the company cares a great deal about its workforce and that's easily seen in how much time they invest and spend with the employees.

Cons

No cons to call out, like any other business that's seen substantial growth, there are some changes that are happening. With any business that's growing, there will be some changes that not everyone might like, but are a necessity as the business grows and evolves. Still a small company so not too many career opportunities, but as the company grows, I'm sure more and more opportunities will come out.

2. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Business Partner in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mission and culture at Seventh Generation is so special and unique, everyone has the best intention and believes in our collective power to change the world. It doesn't hurt we work right near Lake Champlain! I love being apart of a community that works hard to make a impact and I learn so much from my co-workers every day.

Cons

We are a small organization, and because of this have limited opportunities for progression but Unilever makes growth possible but often employee's want to stay with Seventh Gen specifically - because its a great community!

3. "Fulfilling and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seventh Gen's mission is at the core of almost every conversation. I've never worked at a company like it. I actually like coming to work every day because I feel that it is truly a value-based company and learn new things every day. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. There are always community-building events and activities so connecting with co-workers is easy. All employees are very nice, smart and welcoming. It seems like there is potential to grow from within and lots of opportunities to work on personal development. Work-life balance is important and valued. Would recommend to anyone!

Cons

The Unilever acquisition has made certain processes (billing, HR, IT) a bit more complicated.

Continue reading
  4. "Great mission, brand lead and celebrated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture and the benefits alone are a huge reason to APPLY here. The mission is the reason to STAY here. Some of the benefits include a free gym membership, flexible hours, half-day Fridays, etc. Mission related activities include 20 hours each year to volunteer your time to non-profits that mean something to you. It is fulfilling to do hands on work to help others and feel supported by Seventh Gen to do so. Management actively tries to improve company policy and culture with annual reviews via the Best Places to Work survey. For instance, the amount of meetings can be INSANE at times, but having received that feedback, they're trying to make a change. That inward focus can be reassuring when things feel overwhelming. You feel heard.

Cons

The screening process for hiring is a mystery to me and I've been surprised at some applications not making it to a phone call let alone an in person interview. I'd suggest working on how people are evaluated before narrowing down applications.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Consumer Scientist in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, company benefits and no "clock-watching". I love working with hardworking folks working towards a shared mission/vision of making the world a better place. Everyone at SVG is so passionate about what we do and the impact SVG can have around the world.

Cons

There are way too many meetings, many of them could have been covered via email.

6. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Category Manager

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people care tremendously about the earth, climate change and dedication to our mission of positively impacting the world for the next seven generations - like seriously care. The products are fabulous. Co-workers think creatively and search for out of the box solutions. Health & Wellness are prioritized - work/life balance is very much respected.

Cons

Smaller company learning how to function within a bigger company (Unilever).

7. "Working at Seventh Generation has been the most fulfilling position of my career"

4.0

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing sense of community. Working with people who care for “we” over “me” Working in a purpose driven environment and at the same time feeling like we’re being heard and driving change due to scale of Unilever

Cons

Integration with Unilever has been bumpy, as these transitions often are, but we’re coming out with more influence and support from Unilever. We also have more conviction around our mission and role in driving change in the industry as we recognize more than ever that this is our point of difference and opportunity to effect change. .

Continue reading

"Seventh Generation Walks the Walk"

Current Employee - Designer in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seventh Generation is unlike anywhere I've ever worked. The community is welcoming and warm, the work/life balance is exceptional, and the benefits are great. I enjoy using my free gym access, agile workplace benefits, half day Fridays during summer, wellness reimbursements, etc etc. I've gained very valuable work experience here and very close friendships as well. I take pride in calling Seventh Generation my employer. This company walks the walk. We do good for the world and we take action where we can. I love the spirit of Seventh Gen. We rally, we support, and we pioneer.

Cons

There is not much diversity within the company. Inclusivity needs to be at top of mind in the hiring process.

Continue reading
  9. "Really easy to feel good about my work each day"

Current Employee - Consumer Insights Manager in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart and interesting people who care so much about their contribution to society and trying to make the world a better place. Greatest sense of community I've seen in terms of a work place. High level of transparency to what leadership is thinking and working on at a moment. Dog friendly office with beautiful views of Lake Champlain and Adirondack Mountains!!

Cons

Growing pains that come with now being a part of a multinational company are identified in earnest and addressed by Seventh Generation leaders as they arise. But being part of Unilever does lead to some slower processes compared to a small 120 or so person organization. Also have to give up some control and instead need to be able to influence to nurture this special little company as its now part of something much bigger.

10. "A Joy to Come to Work Everyday"

I have been working at Seventh Generation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A mission focused organization with like minded individuals who are empowered to make decisions and to be entrepreneurial.

Cons

Slowing systems due to integration with Unilever.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 English Reviews