Sprinklr Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Sprinklr CEO and Founder Ragy Thomas
Ragy Thomas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible work opportunities - work from home and multiple different office locations" (in 23 reviews)

• "Good work life balance is encouraged" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work Life balance could be a challenge but with new changes by leadership could be managed" (in 56 reviews)

• "Most of the reviews are from last year where conditions used to be hectic with no work life balance and they were true at that time" (in 17 reviews)

"Don’t understand all the negative reviews."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge market opportunity
    Great people
    Transformative technology/platform- truly unique to be able to listen to conversations, organize them to understand what people are saying and getting it to the right person for action.
    Some new leaders have been hired and I like the culture and actions they are taking. We seem to get a lot of negative comments from people that have left? Things have changed and moving in right direction.
    Flexibility
    Good salary
    Fun environment
    Learning a ton

Cons

There is a lot to do so expect to work. Typical startup hours but I enjoy the excitement!

Advice to Management

Need to make message on what we do simpler. Focus on the huge opportunities and ignore the rest.

"Finally.. A Company That Gets It!"

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Achievable Work Goals
    - Clear Career Path & Expectations
    - Beautiful Work Environment
    - Weekly Lunches & Happy Hours
    - Surrounded by People Who Want You To Succeed & Invest in YOU
    - Provides Tools That Make Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities Easier
    - Ability to Travel
    - Ongoing Training
    - Free Parking

Sprinklr has provided me the opportunity to use my sales skills and mix it with my personality - which I love! From the founder all the way down to management, they truly care about your happiness and well-being.

Greatness is possible and it began with me working for Sprinklr.

Cons

The job can be demanding but what sales job isn't?

Advice to Management

"Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.” - Richard Branson

"Sprinklr Will Exhaust You Mentally & Physically"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly have awesome food for free at the main location in New York City.
     Ragy is a true leade,r innovator and overall extremely intelligent and kind person.

Cons

What’s really frightening are the number of reviews that are obviously very real where people open up about the stress and anxiety backstabbing and mental games played by management upon employees . Over and over again you see people saying that this company will drive you out of technology. It will will make you hate getting up in the morning. Most disturbing comments are the very recent ones were people who are extremely competent and educated in their specialty will be made to feel incompetent and useless and literally doubt their ability to perform a job function due to internal politics. For instance when the deal goes south which always happens in sales instead of looking at it as a learning process fingers are pointed, backs stabbed, people will be fired and nobody will learn from it . Biggest problem now is many of the largest most critical renewals do not renew. You can debate whether or not some of these postings are real but the fact is major enterprise customers not renewing says more than anything.

Advice to Management

Please stop with the canned responses like:
    “Thank you very much for your reply. We don’t hear this from many people it is rare for anyone to see what you said. We are improving in this area and seeing so much change. We are truly a family and we hope that you come forward and talk to management about your concerns. Part of the new new new newest very new new 15th succession of management but this time it’s the real deal this is the last new management we are going to improve things . We are the best company in the world empowering you to control the social media conversation. Because people remember how you make them feel.”

"Toxic burnout culture, no structure or processes, big egos and faux “family” party line."

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Sprinklr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great product that could change the industry
    - Some amazing people amidst all the chaos
    - Exposure to global brands and big logos

Like so many, I came to work for Sprinklr because of the product and vision. It’s truly one of the best out there on the market and has the potential to change customer experience in a big way. And the vision to connect experiences so global brands can have a singular view is so powerful.

It’s the kind of product and idea that is so inspiring it gets people excited with what’s possible. For all the Cons, the product itself is still worth feeling good about and is the foundation for the potential of this company to change the game.

And while there is a pervasive problem with culture, this company also attracts some of the best talent and most elastic, creative minds there are. The connections I made here have grown my career outside of Sprinklr and we’re, in some ways, worth the pain.

Cons

- Reputation of hiring people for one job, then walking in to find your role has completely changed from what was sold in the interview
    - Many past employers bond over PTSD (Post Traumatic Sprinklr Disorder), the “gaslighting” experience and how this company made them doubt their abilities, intellect and basic competency (even with years of former experience at impressive companies)
    - Toxic, abusive work culture. From leaders down the line. Vigorous work hours and high stress due to lack of organizational structure and processes, reactivity and poor leadership practices.
    - Grand vision with no internal processes for execution or guidance by leadership in how to achieve lofty goals
    - Trickle Down blame of non management staff when goals aren’t achieved due to lack of good leadership
    - Claiming to care about every employee but providing no day-to-day support, career growth opportunities or safe space to share issues to help change negative culture.
    - No transparency. Many past and current employees joke about never seeing a budget, even leaders, and having no insight into how their work fits into achieving organizational stability and success.
    - High propensity for Narcissism in leadership that’s upheld by cronies. No actual compassion for people, just big egos, big talk, no execution or clarity and punishment for feedback. You either go along with it or are demeaned to the point you’re “managed out” of the org.
    - Tend to hire “big names” in industry to lead that aren’t adept at managing lean, mean teams and functional day-to-day processes at a company of Sprinklr’s size.
    - Many mercurial leaders who upends processes, railroad projects and progress, hires Yes-People who obstruct potential positive change and who seem to come from a place of passion but is prone to cruel outbursts, demeaning talk and pushing out good people.

This place could be so much better. The product is amazing, the mission and vision inspiring but with a horrible culture, lack of respect for people at all levels, no structure or processes, no roadmap and ever changing job roles with no seeming method to the madness, it’s one giant let down.

The hype shared on social about the loving, family-like, caring, best culture ever is manufactured and does not represent the reality. The “family” environment is actually a passive aggressive fake kindness culture that masks a pervasive undercurrent of backstabbing, hiding information and being unhelpful to sabotage others, and bullying kind, compassionate people who try to create positive change.

There’s something to be said about those who “got out” sharing all the therapy they’ve needed to get past what this culture has done to them. I’ve made friends for life, as have many post Sprinklrites, but sadly it’s the kinds of friends who bond over heavy drinking and sharing horror stories.

There are some bright parts. The promise of what the company could be, the amazing product and handful of resilient, wonderful people amidst the rest are what makes the reality here so sad- this company really could be so much more.

Advice to Management

Truly commit to a culture of change, starting at the top. Get coaching for leaders in repairing toxic behaviors and how to lead from a place of accountability, compassion and effectiveness.

Stop hiring and encouraging narcissism in leadership. Leaders should be of service, truly care about people and be willing to stand up for what’s right.

Realize that passionate “devoted” long term staff with revolving newer employees isn’t a sign of people “not fitting into the Sprinklr Way” but is indicative of a culture where senior employees weed out less toxic new employees to uphold the status quo.

Passion is great. Yelling, demeaning and criticizing in the name of passion is not. Truly great companies get the best out of their people by holding them accountable and lifting them up, not wearing them down.

"This is the job you are looking for"

Current Employee - SDR in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SDR in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales is ugly. Many of us have worked the 200 calls a day dial factories, hit quota, and still been treated like it wasn't enough. I did that thinking there has to be another way, a smarter way to run a company.

This job is for those people who aren't afraid of a hard day's work, want to be appreciated for the work they do, and want to find the fun in success.

I've never worked for a company where Sr. management frequently asks what they can do to help you succeed.

Cons

I honestly haven't run into any.

Advice to Management

Don't lose track of what made the team successful. Continue to focus on team development.

"Best Place to Work, No Lie!"

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- upward mobility; if you're willing to put in the work, you'll be rewarded for it
    - unmatched earning potential for the role
    - clear expectations
    - paths to early leadership positions
    - great coworkers; people you actually want to hang out with outside the office
    - excellent leadership; managers really care about your success and help you build a game plan to get where you want to go
    - recognition by the greater sales team/executive leadership
    - high morale
    - stocked kitchen, weekly breakfast/lunch/happy hour
    - free parking

Cons

The role is certainly demanding, but easy to navigate with all the coaching and tools provided. If it were "easy" everyone would be doing it, but it's highly rewarding and I love coming to work every day!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work - we're building something exciting together!

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- People & Places (HR) do a fine job finding great employees, upper management and no work/life balance drives them out, fast.
    - Food and snakes everywhere.
    - Great product.
    - Splash (HR's on-boarding event). During your first week you will believe you have joined a top tech company with great culture, two weeks later reality hits.
    - Paid internships (Recent grads or college students, be aware that most real life decent companies don't operate like this one. You will definitely learn a few things such as how to avoid companies like this in the pursue of your career.)

Cons

Where to begin? So many bad and ugly things about this company:

- I was hired as a Sr. Manager and months later into the role found out I was doing the same work as the previous AD, obviously with a lower salary. It definitely made me feel cheated, when I asked P&P for a comparison on job descriptions they totally ignored me.
    - Salaries are below market rates compared to other tech companies.
    - Work/Life balance is non existent, my "leader" told me from early on that the only way to be successful was to work nights and weekends; and I did because I truly wanted to show commitment to the role. Constantly working from 7am to 10pm is not sustainable. My physical and mental health were compromised seriously.
    - Unlimited PTO is a joke, there is so much work to do that you can't afford to take a day off and not get behind.
    - The majority of people that have been working since the early years when the company started feel and act entitled to do whatever they want, whenever they want.
    - There is a difference between working in a fast-paced environment following processes and procedures vs. rushing to get things done because everything is urgent and last minute. Sprinklr operates as the latter one, has no respect for following processes. They prefer launching a messy release/campaign rather than spending the right amount of time delivering quality work.
    - Getting things done fast has more value than getting things done right the fist time.
    - Constantly having to go back to fix problems that could have been prevented if projects have not been rushed.
    - Due to the urgency of things, people's experience and expertise are often disregarded and ignored by upper management. Especially if your team is in the NYC office and you are located somewhere else. Your opinion really doesn't matter as long as things get done quickly.
    - No visibility on budgets, very contradictory with their "transparency" policies.
    - Nepotism everywhere, super shady!
    - No access to professional development (doesn't matter because there is so much work to do that you won't have time!)
    - I haven't seen so much disrespect in a professional setting in my entire career (10+ yrs.), backstabbing left and right.
    - I'm pretty sure those saying wonderful things about this company are most likely fake trying to increase the Glassdoor rating.
    - If you are a seasoned professional don't waste your time here. There are so many other opportunities in the tech industry and outside. Companies that will treat you better, focus on your career, and make you feel accomplished and valued.

Advice to Management

- Go back to the culture you once had.
    - Treat all your employees equally, with dignity valuing their experience and time.
    - Your millennial upper management execs lack emotional intelligence and human compassion in the work place, that is only learned with several years of experience.
    - Creating a culture is more that feeding people, it's nice to have free food but that did not make me feel included during my term at your company.
    - It was nice to see dogs and puppies around the office, but equally gross when they are not trained and you don't enforce your policy on pets.

"Great company with occasional startup growing pains"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Sprinklr full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Culture
    - Benefits
    - Opportunities to explore roles
    - Travel opportunities
    - Great compensation

Cons

- Occasionally experience startup growing pains (such as leadership hires, layoffs)
    - Lack of internal training (product, leadership, career opportunities)
    - Don't often promote internally (hire externally)

Advice to Management

Train your teams, have a growth plan, be more transparent

"Overworked and Worried About My Health At This Point"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great product, some flexibility with work schedules.

Cons

Many departments are understaffed and overworked. The hiring process takes forever so then more people leave because they are overworked or promised more on another team. I’m afraid more of my team will leave because they are overworked, underpaid, and the product continuously has issues. I love the people and think the product could be great, but I’ve gotten so sick from working crazy hours that I fear I may have to quit for my own health. A former colleague of mine wound up in the ER last year due to work stress and eventually left. I don’t want to get to that point.

Advice to Management

Please hire people and realize your teams are overworked.

"San Francisco Office was in the Ghetto"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sprinklr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RAGY is an amazing leader.

Best free snacks of any office.
    We ALL fill our backpacks weekly to feed our families at home and they are clueless about this like the other person said. That is about the best.

Cons

A colleague of mine posted about the ghetto dangerous conditions in the SF office.

ALL of that is TRUE.

The only correction is that after MONTHS of many employees complaining about
    literally fearing for their lives and safety they moved the offices to a very nice office. So now the SF office is very nice.

BUT turnover at Sprinklr is worse then ever. Do not believe anything I say or someone named DIANE says in their reply.

Just go to LinkedIn and search for sales and you will see that as of TODAY sales has excessive turnover.

The absolute reverse hockey stick ratings of Sprinklr on Glassdoor even with all the obvious fake forced employee reviews that all sound alike and are grouped in the same timeframe.

Also very true about the other post:
    THE VERY FACT THEY ARE BEING TOASTED ON GLASSDOOR WITH ONE OF THE WORST RANKING OF ANY COMPANY THEIR SIZE IS LOST ON THEM.

THEY SELL SOLUTIONS TO MANAGE AND MITIGATE THIS RISK AND THEY ARE BEING EVISERATED ON SOCIAL MEDIA PER THE OTHER QUOTE.

Advice to Management

Don't make very very very bad decisions like locating our SF office in the dangerous ghetto of SF where employees feared for their safety and customers alike and you will then not have to deal with the aftermath of such poor decisions ULTIMATLEY LEADING YOU TO DO WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE FROM THE BEGINNING. A NICER OFFICE STILL DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR THE TERRIBLE REVERSE HOCKEY STICK SHOWING THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE..