Found 12,939 of over 13K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and as long as you like talking to people it can be a very fun job." (in 712 reviews)
- "Benefits were good and started after 30 days (FT only)" (in 501 reviews)
- "Flexible hours are possible if you can maintain your workload and responsibilities at a high level." (in 448 reviews)
- "I can't think of one pros working here besides having great coworkers at my location." (in 433 reviews)
- "Super easy and flexible scheduling" (in 242 reviews)
- "Low pay and sometimes asked to do things that are not part of the job description." (in 977 reviews)
- "Had to do most of the work myself and the management is very poor" (in 796 reviews)
- "Closing takes forever managers do not understand that people need to be let out at a certain time" (in 437 reviews)
- "Poor upper management seemed to be grasping at straws" (in 224 reviews)
- "No training is given and you basically learn on the job." (in 188 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Staples and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Oct 2, 2023Print and Marketing AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAuburn, MA
The pay is fairly good, small bonuses are available for the print and marketing department and you can learn a lot of useful skills on the job that can even come in handy within your personal life. Although, not everyone is trained equally. Some employees know more information than others and are able to assist customers more than others. If you like technology or marketing, it’s a good start while in college or to gain some experience. The customers are interesting too and you have the potential to build great business relationships with them.
A huge con is having to run multiple different departments in the store without much proper training when understaffed (maybe 2-3 other employees in the building), which was extremely often. This department specifically runs on sales as well which would result in a lot of tense situations between management and the employees. Sometimes not many hours are given as well.
Hello all, I am a recent graduate from MSCS. I have about 2-3 years of prior Software Development experience. I am looking for full time opportunities and my 90 day clock of OPT visa is starting soon. It would be great if anyone could please refer me for SDE roles. I'm a former Amazon Intern and currently interviewing with Google. But thats definitely going to be complex. Hence keeping myself open for other opportunities. Any help would be much appreciated :) Amazon Salesforce Chewy, Inc. Mathworks JPMorgan Chase Workday Staples Fidelity Investments American Express Morgan Stanley Tesla Discover Financial Services The Walt Disney Company Charles River Development
Staples Reviews FAQs
Staples has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 13,366 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at Staples to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
46% of Staples employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Staples 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.