Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,639 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Elk Grove Village, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

like every other place,
     they called me in
    I had an interview
    I agreed to the hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Merced, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone Calls. another Phone Call. Went in. the process was pretty easy and relaxed. pretty laid back

Interview Questions

• Where you do see yourself with Staples a year from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Shrewsbury, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

One of the hiring managers called to setup a time for the first interview, when I called to set up the time, the day before the interview another hiring manager called to say that they double booked, and setup a different time. The majority of the staff acted like they were better than everyone else.

Interview Questions

• What programs and knowledge do you have that would be beneficial to the company   Answer Question

Copy Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received a phone call inviting me to come to a hiring fair. Then, I was interviewed in person and offered a part-time job as a cashier instead.

Interview Questions

• Very simple interview. The main questions were: Please tell me your strengths. & Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Copy Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Gave me a call a few days after I submitted my application. Had two interviews in which they asked very basic questions. Basically asked why I was interested in Staples, talked about extra-curricular activities, and opportunities at Staples.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Roseville, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went online and filled out an application. About three days later I got a phone call. Next was the interview. I did well and got the job.

Copy Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head manager & another assistant manager. They were very nice but the head manager was a bit intimidating... He didn't really smile much and he got straight to the point. I had to break him a little by commenting on a pic of his daughters.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there and how long I wanted to stay for   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

It was laid back, very easy questions, nothing to stress about. Its canned question given. Dress casual professional. I was happy at first with the management but they got a new manager that turned the place to total chaos. I cannot stress more to tell those considering applying to copy center not to! It's a nightmare. You will be drained!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what is customer service mean to you? what would your previous employer say about you? what did you do at each of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Fresno, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick interview with two managers. All general questions about customer service and customer satisfaction. I was told that other employee's avoid the copy and print area. I was told there would be times when things get overwhelming and they where right. Help was never close by.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager called and asked me for an interview for that same week. Met two managers during the interview. Asked simple interview questions, making sure I was going to be able to handle the copy and print center.

Interview Questions

• "What does customer service mean to you?" Asked about availability.   Answer Question