Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,563 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online got a phone call a week later to come into the store for an interview. Interview was very brief, learned about the responsibilities of a sales associate, next week got a call to come in and start orientation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

The process was organized. A recruiter reached out to me and then i had two interviews with the hiring managers and a ride along. They let you know all you need to know during the process. Make sure you do well on the ride along!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

quick and brief the turn around on this company is unreal great for a college student though. if you are a person seeking for a job with reliable schedule and pay this is not the place

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Miami, FL).

Interview

Hiring process is usually completed under 2 weeks. It is really simple and straight forward.

Review the most common interview question and read more about them at their official website, linkedin. You will do just fine because they will train you for about a months regardless of your experience.

Interview Questions

• How do/did you handle or deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview with one week advance notice. When I showed up for that interview, the managers apparently didn't mark me down, so they forgot. They said they'd still give me an interview just to tell me that they hired someone already, and they only have one spot in their technology department. They decided that the other person and I would compete, and whichever does better would go to technology, and the other would probably stay as cashier. It turns out that the other person didn't show up to work or something without a warning, so they said that I got the job automatically; however, because I was already put in as a regular sales associate, they had to apparently spend a couple weeks to change that, and also wanted me to get used to their POS system. Made sense. About two weeks later, they told me that they want to see me do well in sales before changing. At this point, it's pretty obvious I was catfished.

Tldr: Management treated my employment ambiguously during interview.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Filled out online application and submitted resume along with it. I received a pre-qualifying phone call followed by a phone interview, followed by 3 face face interviews on site. Then received a phone call with offer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week a received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screening interview. The screening interview lasted about 30 minutes. She asked questions on my background, what programming languages I have experience with, projects that I worked on, and more things on my resume. After that, I received an email to set up another interview with the Hiring Manager, that interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. The hiring manager asked me more detailed questions about the projects that I listed on the resume, he also asked some technical questions, and my experience with Java and SQL. He also gave me more information about what the job was. About a week later, I received an email that they were going with a different candidate.

B to B Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Was recruited by one of their internal recruiters. After a phone interview, had 2 in person interviews with managers, and a final in person with regional sales director. Be prepared to do a PowerPoint for your final presentation and really know your “why” on why you want the job and how you are a match.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get your leads ?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

None- totally unorganized. Very unprofessional process - unskilled HR Team. Company won' t and should not attract quality talent . Outside agency (waste of money),
    "HR" phone interview. All of it was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the usual. Felt like I was being interviewed by a 7 year old child.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Overall pretty simple. We just had a casual conversation, a get to know you sort of thing, with a few questions mixed in. Got an offer a week and a half after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the Intel Core i series family of processors?   1 Answer