Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,623 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

asked question on java, software engineer and background. had a one one with the hiring manager. had some basic discussion on my previous exp. general software engineering questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Tucson, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

First a phone interview with a recruiter that lasts about a half an hours or so. Next I got a phone call with a regional sales director to set up a Skype interview. I thought the interview went extremely well. Make sure you are prepared for any type of question. No curve balls

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were dealing with a stressful situation and how you handled it.
      Tell me about yourself.
      How does your experience relate to this position?
      What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Well I almost didn't go through with the phone interview because the recruiter changed the interview 3 times, because she was busy with a plumber. I currently have a job and it is not easy to schedule 3 different times to talk with someone about another job. The in person interview was fine but a waist of time because the territory I apply for was pretty much filled. And was offer another opportunity for a position in an area that I clearly told them I had no interest in. It was obvious they had made their discussion prior to me interviewing because they called me 10 minutes later to tell me that they filled that position but if I would be interested in relocating to another place. I declined and left feeling that the whole process was a kind of a waist of my time.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you think we look for in a candidate   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later to come in for an interview. I met with the store manager for about a half hour. He went down my resume and asked me one or two other questions.

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted by someone on their Talent Acquisition team to have a phone interview. Scheduled a morning call on Thursday since I would be off from work. Instead, she called Monday afternoon. I also applied to a position in Florida but she stated it would be out of Atlanta, GA and they couldn’t provide relocation. They seemed highly disorganized.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

i applied online and few days later i got a called to come in for a interview. It was an one on one interview. My interview was with the store manager and he told me on the spot that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why i left my other job?
      Why I want to work at staples?
      What experiences do i have working as a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and told me about the opportunity. I applied for the job and within a couple of days had a phone screening with a recruiter from San Diego. After the phone interview I was put in contact with the Regional Sales Director and scheduled an interview with her. Standard interview questions and very direct about the job and what it entails.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

After an exchange of emails from one recruiter, I had an uncertain phone interview with a recruiting specialist. The recruiting specialist called and the first question out of his mouth was "What are you expecting in terms of compensation?" Who starts an interview this way? Immediately I let him know that question was way to premature. I don't understand how a recruiter comes off like they have no clue what they are doing. I have zero recruiting experience, but you introduce yourself, your role, you set the agenda and conduct an interview. Get these recruiters some training and further emphasize to them the significance of follow ups via email. Staples took a shot in the arm on this one.

My advice to interview candidates, don't expect a professional experience.

I cut the interview short after realizing it's amateur hour. I don't blame the recruiter. I blame the people who set forth the training and expectations of the recruiters.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Altoona, PA).

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews with two of the managers. They were pretty easy. The managers are very caring. Enjoyed it alot. Also got to work there with cool people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Informal, in-person interview by Manager