Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Interview Questions

Interviews at Staples

1,847 Interview Reviews

2.2

Interview

Ask you about yourself, where do you see yourself in five years, and why you chose to work at Staples. They also asked if you would be willing to relocate to other locations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose staples?   1 Answer

UAT Analyst Interview

Interview

Went in, waited at reception area. Interview conducted at manager's office. Interview with each member on the team one after another. Also team interview rounds in casual group setting. It went smoothly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Completed online application/ test, had one on one interview that lasted approx 10 minutes. Interviewer just asked basic questions about myself and past experiences with customer service; was offered position at interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Copy Center?   1 Answer

Tech Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the sales manager. Once he was finished with his questions, I proceeded to meet with the store manager for a quick second. The entire interview was only for 10 minutes at the max. I was asked some generic questions about my previous role and what I bring to the table.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Wilkesboro, NC).

Interview

Walked in a Lady Greeted me at the Door and I was promptly brought back to the back of the store for interviewing. Absolutely no privacy was given whatsoever.

I was asked some basic situational questions and some questions on my values and competency along with some hypothetical scenario questions.

I was then told that I would have a series of follow up interviews to confirm that I was right for the Job.

I was given every indication that I would be employed there. She essentially told me the chances were very likely that I would be hired.

Afterwards trying to call back several times someone finally answered the phone as a store manager and told me I'm the sorry to tell you the truth we gave the Job to someone else that we know or something along those lines.

It appeared to be blatant nepotism and I was pretty upset with it all. No I never received my follow up interviews as was promised.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this Job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Newark, NJ).

Interview

The interview was just a conversation with the store manager. He was a good guy, very chill. I feel that the interview would vary depending on the store and who is interviewing you.

ECommerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

This is totally useless information for everyone, by glassdoor requires 30+ words: Found an open position on the internal site. Personally knew the hiring manager, so I just walked into his office and asked if I can be a good candidate. We discussed his short term and long term expectation from a candidate. It didn't match my expectations, so the inverview was over.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about managing people and growing the team?   1 Answer

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter and they setup a call and never actually called me.
    Waste of time and resources. Why bother reach out to people if you won't even man up to cancel the interview

Order Picker Interview

Interview

It was a group interview. They took us one by one and got a call back the same day. They tell you the pay rate and hours. There were a lot of people. There is a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I got the call to come in for an interview the same day I submitted my online application, and I was hired immediately after the interview. The store was short-staffed though, so I think that's why it went so quickly.