Systems Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Systems Alliance CEO Ric Hughes
Ric Hughes

"Great company atmosphere"

I worked at Systems Alliance full-time

Pros

Everyone here has your back and wants to see you succeed.

Cons

There are none that come to mind.

Systems Alliance2019-04-08
  2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time

Pros

- Good, relaxed culture - Friendly coworkers and environment - Relatively flat structure

Cons

- Annoying Billing system - Company decisions made without informing or consulting employees sometimes

Systems Alliance2019-04-04

"Heart of a start-up and the stability of a 25 year-old company"

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time

Pros

Leadership is more concerned about people than money but also recognize that in order to support people they have to make money. So where it's possible, people who need extra room to learn and grow into their roles are given that opportunity. There is also a robust culture of philanthropy and the company supports multiple local non-profits.

Cons

Honestly nothing major. I'm quite happy to work here.

Systems Alliance2018-12-18

"Good experience, not a long term culture fit"

Former Employee - Content Strategist in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at Systems Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small, family-like feel where people are friendly and cordial. Being a smaller company means there is a sense of community and direct access to leadership. The office space is brand new and the technology is excellent- fast, updated versions of everything... direct access to IT is a plus. Nice end of year holiday party to which spouses/guests are invited, annual summer picnic, monthly meetups in the office (think... beer and pool/ping pong). Casual dress code. Volunteer activities in the community. Close proximity to Wegmans. One of my favorite experiences was I was able to attend a conference in Philly for 3 days which the company paid for along with my travel and expenses.

Cons

HR Coming from a corporate background it was an adjustment that there was no HR "department”. There is one person who oversees Finance as well Human Resources. As a woman I found it difficult at times to bring up real HR-type challenges to a) a man and b) a man who is also in charge of financial matters. It's a small company so it is what it is- but worth noting. Also worth noting- no paid maternity/paternity leave.... (Short term disability is available and is company paid.) Evaluation Process In SAI Digital you are primarily evaluated on how many hours you spend working on billable work— aka client work. If you have a goal to meet X number of billable hours, but you don't hit that number, it impacts your performance review (and bonus- so negotiate salary outside the assumption your bonus is attainable by hard work). The problem with this approach is that you do *not* have control over how many billable hours you are allocated. So, if sales are low, and there's no billable work to do, you will spend your time on "overhead" hours, which you get negatively evaluated on. It's not a fair system and you don't have control of your success. Professional Development Opportunities As I mentioned I was really grateful to attend a 3 day conference in my first year with the company. However I asked to attend additional conferences pertaining to my work area as well as take paid remote/webinar training and those were not approved. Not having the opportunity to attend training was limiting to my own growth. Random It's hard to get used to only getting paid 1x/month. You have to budget your money well. Bottom line: this company was good to me, but it's not somewhere I could see myself staying for an extended period of my career. I gained valuable skills and had some great opportunities but ultimately it was not a good long-term culture fit.

Advice to Management

Pretending a problem doesn’t exist does not make it go away. Numbers are important, but to get the results you seek, you have to invest in your people first.

Systems Alliance2018-11-22

"SAI is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company and leadership provides employees with lots of opportunities. SAI truly focuses on helping clients. Each day I am challenged to work smarter and learn something new. I am thankful to be a part of the SAI team!

Cons

I moved out of state and was worried about the income taxes in MD but SAI rewards its employees and has a great benefits, 401k, and PTO package.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Systems Alliance2018-10-03

"Excellent Career Move"

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly enjoy coming to work everyday. My co-workers are fun and hard working. Management cares about me and my family. The work is fun and challenging.

Cons

There are some project communication issues, but the whole team is aware and we are actively working toward solutions together.

Systems Alliance2018-02-23

"Great Company to Grow With"

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being a smaller company, SAI offers opportunities to work, learn, and grow your skills in many areas of business. I began working at SAI immediately after graduation and believe I have been exposed to much more than what I would have at other firms. SAI really makes an effort to put its employees first. The newly-renovated open office makes for a great space to work. Management is very receptive to feedback.... Company is in growth mode and it looks like great things are on the horizon.

Cons

Working long hours is occasionally required, but it doesn't ever go unappreciated/unrewarded.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate transparency throughout the entire business. While communication across teams is great, each team almost seems to be siloed off from one another in terms of culture. Might be worth it to investigate ways to improve that.

Systems Alliance2018-02-23

"Employee, Client and Community Focused Organization"

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The SAI team really cares about people. Whether it's clients, employees or folks in the greater Baltimore community, they actively engage in serving others.

Cons

Would love to see our team grow

Advice to Management

Keep serving

Systems Alliance2018-02-12

"Great Place To Work!!"

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for less than a year

Pros

SAI has been great from the interview and onboarding process to now being full throttle in my role. The people at SAI are super smart, reliable, professional, and a joy to work with. I feel like I'm supported in my role by management and teammates. SAI has been a breath of fresh air in all aspects: competitive pay, company paid benefits, flexibility to accommodate personal obligations, great leadership, and... fosters growth personally and professionally. Management and HR take employee suggestions very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve.

Cons

I've not yet come across any!

Advice to Management

Keep up with employee development

Systems Alliance2018-01-24
  10. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Systems Alliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Joining the SAI Digital team has been a great career decision for me. There is a lot of room for growth for motivated, passionate, hard-working individuals. The workplace vibe is professional, but everyone knows how to have fun, too. Everyone is just generally really nice. This is a great environment to work in if you enjoy collaboration and working as part of a team. We work hard to meet our project... timelines and deliver flawless work to our clients. Despite the fast pace and deadline-driven environment, there is tremendous amount of support and flexibility for outside responsibilities—e.g. having a family, needing to pick up a sick child from school, etc. Leadership is supportive, but also the team itself. I've never been made to feel guilty for needing to balance outside obligations with work, which is rare in the corporate world. Perks: casual dress code, breakfast on Fridays, personal laptop, and company-paid health insurance. Traveling to various cities across the US to visit client sites is a great opportunity, too. Also the Digital team is pretty freakin' fun to work with. :)

Cons

Company culture vs. team culture varies due to lack of a cohesive overarching SAI brand. At times it is difficult to see where SAI Digital fits into the SAI organization. Limited paid holidays; the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve should be included, in my opinion. Benefits for dependents an d families is not competitive.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees' desire to grow through funding professional development opportunities. Consider adding additional paid holidays.

Systems Alliance2017-08-01