TaskUs Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Teammate"

Current Employee - Teammate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teammate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, friendly team, good tools

Cons

Work is what you make of it, you can find fault everywhere if that is what you are looking for

2. "It really depends on your working preference"

I worked at TaskUs full-time

Pros

Great culture. You may meet many lifetime friend. They promote really quickly.

Cons

No consideration for personal time. Some of the leadership teams have been given positions due to how social/friendly they are instead of actually being rightful of being a leader.

"I left corporate for this?"

Former Employee - Operations in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in San Antonio, TX

I worked at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the time I joined TaskUs, I had heard about all the growth this company had experienced and was excited to be a part of it. They had the growth they stated and have potential to keep adding and maintaining new lines of business if they can implement some much needed processes and resources. The frontline employees really do matter and have a voice.

Cons

The leadership and organization is extremely reactive when it comes to problem solving. They’ve gotten so used to “putting out fires” at The Grid, but senior leadership has no strategic long term planning capabilities. I can express my disappointment in my lack of onboarding, lack of support and lack of true development from my leadership team. “Do More With Less” can only go so far when your staff in different departments are drowning in tasks. They haven’t been able to maintain HR staff, IT staff, and any kind of leadership in operations. They’ve also lost several lines of business, and the execution of the delivery of news, to rehoming was so unorganized and (again) no strategy was in place. There have also been serious issues that have taken place on site and when brought up to upper management, was told “this is the BPO business “ and it was not given another thought. Several issues with parking lot safety for the staff. Constantly broken chairs and equipment. Coaching days are a joke and are for face value. It also really is about office politics and who you know- those that are well liked by management get favored. Health benefits were extremely expensive and not comprehensive. Internal reporting is constantly having system issues or inaccurate. They used to be about promoting from within, but those days are long gone. No work life balance - unlimited PTO is a pipe dream. Crowded noisy spaces, but not everyone can work in that environment.

Advice to Management

Most of leaders who are in place, were placed in their roles out of necessity to accommodate the fast growth but were never properly developed. Many also lack emotional intelligence and are stuck on managing out with corrective actions only. Also, many of the team members here are going through real life trauma, family and health situations without the necessary support or resources and the EAP can only go so far- get your people the training and resources they need to truly be happy, helpful and healthy employees. Change starts from the top and it funnels to the rest of the organization. Your leaders need career progression plans and training, your HR needs online structure and support. Bringing in consulting vendors is a great start, but some one needs to own the follow through for action to take place. Business internal reporting needs to be looked at- way to many issues and errors with the tools that are supposed to make the job easier. I would not recommend anyone leave a job for TaskUs in its current state and I hope you can do better for future talent you bring in. Also, for your introverted people and adhd/autistic team members, you need to create some areas to decompress and provide less sensory stimulation. The noise level is intense all day long.

Dec 11, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for providing your feedback. I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Our goal is to ensure we create and maintain a world class leadership culture. While rapid growth definitely has... More

4. "Living the TaskUs dream daily"

Current Employee - Onboarding Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Onboarding Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some one sold me a dream I took a six dollar pay cut to come to TaskUs. I just wanted a chance to advance. I was promoted by leaders in the company that saw me working hard. They told me every day is an interview and they ment it. In 6months time I was promoted twice. I am truly thankful for everything TaskUs has done for me. I wake up daily and feel like my job is my life purpose and I love to share that. I take pride in my company its culture and values and strongly encourage the teammates that I hire to do the same. Can't wait for my next great opportunity within our great company.

Cons

I really cannot complain we are going thru growing pains. We grew way faster than expected. Someone gave me a great analogy. We built the house and the foundation not needs to be reset to make us better and more efficient.

Dec 10, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Promoting from within is something that is important to us. It's all about our people and if they perform, they should be rewarded. Our operations in... More

"The concept is amazing but the leadership execution is the worst I have ever seen"

Current Employee - Content Moderator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Content Moderator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and water
    Counselors on site

Cons

Ok. To start the company is absolutely nothing like I heard it was. I feel like I was back in high school and leadership is awful. It is all about who you are friends with and some people on management are absolute bullies. I have never worked in such a stressful and mentally draining place

Advice to Management

Please review management at the Matrix. Some of the situations going on are mind blowing and completely unacceptable. I had to give my resignation letter this week because even tho I absolutely love my job and being in a completely bilingual campaign I get to speak my native language. I had to let go oh my job because management is just the worst.

Nov 27, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. Hiring the best leaders to build the best teams possible is very important to us, after all, our people come first. It pains me to hear... More

6. "Worst Company Stay Away"

Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at TaskUs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on my team where friendly and amazing

Cons

They fired 35 employees without any prior notice due to loosing a line of business.

HR lied to all of us about the company benefits

There is NO Unlimited PTO as stayed on company website

Deadend Job with no future outlook

Manage my has no clue what they are doing

Said we had Job security but that turned out to be a lie

They do not live by there own core values

Warning stay away if you can

Advice to Management

Keep your business in 3rd world countries because that how you treated us here, I’ve seen fast food places run better operations then Taskus

Dec 11, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. I am deeply sorry for the experience you had with us. At TaskUs, we want all employees to live by our core values and if you experienced anything but... More

"Not as great as they think they are"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am in the new office in New Braunfels. It's still a work in process, but at some point, we are supposed to be getting a gym, a beer garden and maybe a nap room.

Cons

PTO:
    NO work/life balance. PTO is different for different people. I've been told the people (salaried people I assume) in the office in Austin have unlimited PTO. This is not true for everyone. Hourly people only get 96 hours a year which is broken up into 48 hours at the start of the year and another 48 hours after the midpoint of the year. No sick time. NO HOLIDAYS! If you are scheduled to work on Christmas than you are working on Christmas. They make this huge deal about how the CEO cares about people's mental health. I guess he thinks nap rooms are better for your mentality than having more time to be with family or to travel?

They are throwing a holiday party, but we can't bring anyone including our SOs so if I go to that I am giving up more time with my family. For what? So that I can spend more time with people who I already spend 40 hours a week with while maybe wearing a nicer outfit?

I understand that unlimited PTO would be too much for hourly support people, but at the very least they should give us an extra week or two to make up for holidays we don't get.

Food:
    No free food here. I see that other offices have things, but we only sometimes get something. Currently, there are only 2 microwaves and at lunch there can be a line taking up your lunchtime. We just got an ice machine and everyone was very excited about that.

Points System:
    They have a point system for being late, which I think is fine. But they also take points in you call in sick. So I'm already afraid to use my PTO because what if I get sick and need to use it for that since I have so little? But if I do get sick I still come into work, because I don't want to risk getting any points. So then I could be making other people sick who than have to chose between coming in and getting still more people sick OR taking the point and maybe being fired. There needs to be a way to waive points for being sick. Maybe if you get a doctor's note you can have those points waived/forgiven?

Advice to Management

Reevaluate what you think makes TaskUs so "great". Is it really great for everyone? Or only great for some?

Nov 12, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry you’re having issues with our New Braunfels location but please remember, we are still under construction there and are adding and improving... More

8. "Toxic"

I have been working at TaskUs full-time

Pros

Snacks, flexible schedule, health care

Cons

Shifts around the clock
    Random days off
    Restrictive healthcare
    Incompetent management
    Undervalue employees
    Glorified call center

Advice to Management

Hire people with emotional intelligence. Ironically a core value

Nov 27, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am so sorry you are having a negative experience. What you are describing here is NOT what TaskUs is built on, so I am upset that you feel this... More

"Deception at its finest"

Former Employee - Social Media App Support Teammate in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media App Support Teammate in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dogs are allowed in the office, Casual dress, my coworkers were the best

Cons

Everything else. All of us brought on to work for a certain client were deceived into thinking there was unlimited PTO and work from home opportunities, which was a lie that we all were told. They tried to resolve that by giving us a "bucket" of pto days that we could use. This lasted about 2 days and the they told us that it wasn't possible due to some sort of BS law. So we were back to basically no PTO and only sick time. Contacting anyone in HR was impossible. They would take days to email back and then have the WRONG information. I have worked for many companies but this is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They laid all of us off in the end with literally NO warning. We had a meeting day of and were all let go or offered to stay on for a few more weeks. We were offered a severance but even THAT was messed up on my part. I was given the wrong amount of money into my bank account that as not even my money to be given. This company is seriously a joke unless you work for HQ and get to live high on the hill. For a company that supposedly "people first" sure puts their employees last.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. This company is a serious joke right now and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the world.

Dec 11, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I understand your frustration and I apologize you didn’t have a better experience with TaskUs.

Based on your feedback, we’ve launched additional... More

10. "Creative Service Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great play to work, everyone is kind and encouraging

Cons

I dont really see one