KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Lovely Employee Experience

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Servant Leadership with high level of communication and transparency -Great Benefits -Inclusive and Fun Culture -Company Vision -Work / life balance flexibility

Cons

Fast paced company, as is most start ups. Can be challenging for those that don't like change but mostly keeps your day to day lively and ever evolving...like most software and technology.

2. 4.0

Interview Process

Feb 16, 2022 - Testing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was told right at the first interview with the Recruiter that there would be close to 6 rounds as I navigated through each round. Every round was clear, I knew who I would be interviewing with, what their role was. From the Director to the CEO, I have had no complaints in all my rounds. The Recruiter was awesome and stayed on top of everything with me. Even when an interview needed to be moved, she made sure I was notified immediately. Hats off to the awesome process.

Cons

None so far that I can think of.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

It's going to be the Great Start @Testlio

Jan 4, 2022 - Test Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am super exited to join Testlio. Their interview process made me feel that I have chosen the right company for my career. Every people I had discussion with were very cool and kind. I hope it's going to be even more great to work along with all these wonderful people and team.

Cons

No cons found to specify

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Dec 19, 2021 - IT Service Delivery Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teamwork, great teammates. Fun and engaging business.

Cons

Sometimes work-life balance can suffer when you need to deliver for your clients. However, the management team is working hard to minimize this

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Dec 10, 2021 - Software QA Tester
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, flexibility, good hours depending on projects

Cons

No real way for growth. They only make people Test Leads if they have a formal education, no matter how good a QA you are. You can be an amazing QA for years but never move up to be a TL

3 people found this review helpful

Testlio Response

Hi, First of all, thank you for taking the time to review Testlio. I am glad to see that you highlighted so many positive things about us - elements that we work on specifically to provide the best platform for QA freelancers. Much like any company, we have areas we can and need to improve on. Introducing more transparent growth paths is one of them. We do provide training and courses for testers to grow into the Test Lead role. The easiest way to get started is to reach out to the Network Team (testlions@testlio.com) and ask what the next steps are to pursue this growth path. Thank you for your honest feedback, this helps us put more focus on where it is needed. Kaspar Kikerpill Testing Network Director

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Starting to feel like a "boys club"

Dec 10, 2021 - Client Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great benefits; insurance, PTO, holiday's, work from home stipend, wellness - The teams do a lot to stay connected with one another - Company financials are healthy

Cons

- It is starting to feel like a "boys club" at the management level. The management promotions and new hires have been men and the recent departures have been mostly women; wondering if there is a correlation? - The company is growing fast and there is a lot of change. Change is not bad, however often times it is done too fast or not communicated or communicated incorrectly which causes a lot of disruption when the teams are already swamped.

4 people found this review helpful

Testlio Response

Thank you for your feedback. Having been a female in technology for 20 years I certainly understand the industry struggles with equity and equality in the workplace. Currently, women still only account for 26% of computing related jobs so we have a long way to go. We’re working hard on gender equality at Testlio. Across the company, 44% of full-time people are women. On the Services team, 53% of our leaders (manager level and higher) are women. Our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) at Testlio is 57% women. We can do more, but at the same time we are outpacing industry averages. While recent departures at Testlio may have seemed imbalanced, in actuality 57% of our 2021 Services departures were male. I personally, along with the entire Testlio ELT, have an immense passion for providing a different experience at Testlio. Embracing a diverse workforce that experiences equity and equality is intertwined in our values, inclusive of “Foster Inclusion.” We are also looking to continually improve our communication, especially since our distributed-by-design team now spans over 20 countries. We strive to provide key communication through our monthly timezone optimized all hands, weekly recaps, heavy use of Slack, recorded video messages, and open door policies. Of course there is always room for improvement, and we appreciate your perspective. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, Summer Weisberg Chief Client Officer

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Very poor compensation and poor work life balance

Dec 1, 2021 - QA Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company Good clients Opportunity to gain different domain knowledge

Cons

Very poor compensation Poor work life balance Heavy work load Micromanaging Low resources Bad management process

6 people found this review helpful

Testlio Response

We are truly sorry to hear that your experience with Testlio didn’t match our best intentions. I founded Testlio because of my frustrations as a freelance tester myself which is why we take feedback from our testing professionals very seriously. Based on your title and location, it appears you were one of our freelance testers. In terms of compensation, our policy is to pay testers above market rate, as well as pay by the hour versus by the bug to encourage more thoughtful testing. Testers are also empowered to set their own schedule and engage in projects whenever it makes sense for them. Flexibility and fair wages are noted as pros in many other reviews. You can read more about the tenets we follow in our Network Pledge at https://testlio.com/pledge/. These are the beliefs we hold close to our hearts when operating the company. We would welcome any additional details you are willing to share around our management process, as we constantly strive to make our tester experience better. Feel free to email us network@testlio.com if there is more information you would like to share. Thank you for your review - we value all feedback we receive from our employees and freelancers! Kristel Kruustük Founder & Chief Testing Officer

8. 5.0

Testlio is Amazing

Sep 30, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my interview process Testlio has been amazing: *Communication. Everyone I have spoken with has shared next step info, and the Director has been prompt with providing follow ups and next steps. I was never left wondering how things stood. *Positive Vibe. Everyone I spoke with works hard and is passionate about what they do and they are aware of their impact within the organization. It's refreshing to speak with positive minded individuals.

Cons

I've not had a negative experience yet.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company culture, flexible remote work, winning team

Sep 10, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Testlio has accelerated my career and allowed me to work alongside a smart, caring team. All from home.

Cons

Regular growing pains of a scale-up – lots to do and there will be uncertainty. Smaller comfort zone than a larger company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Global, diverse, FUN, company that truly cares about employees.

Sep 3, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Global workforce that gives new insights into cultures from around the world Focus on diversity among employees Excellent benefits, fair pay Great communication between employees and C-suite, leaderships, execs Fair workload and goals Unlimited PTO and a healthy outlook on work/life balance Fun and engaging activities that focus on relationship building Fully remote Very kind, thoughtful, involved, and communicative CEO.

Cons

Not many, and not that are Testlio specific, but pain points of remote work. You may have to flex your work hours a bit some days- stay late or start earlier and shift your day. A lot of check-ins are required. Startup culture always means a bit of shifting priorities and responsibilities from Q to Q.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews

Testlio Reviews FAQs

Testlio has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 77 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Testlio to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Testlio employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Testlio. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

96% of Testlio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Testlio 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Testlio to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Testlio Job Seekers