Trinity Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Trinity Health President and Chief Executive Officer Richard J. Gilfillan, MD
Richard J. Gilfillan, MD

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management, no employee appreciation (in 6 reviews)

• I think Trinity hides behind being a Non-Profit, but don't let them fool you; they have to cash (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company, great senior leadership"

Current Employee - Software Asset Management Senior Analyst in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Software Asset Management Senior Analyst in Novi, MI

I have been working at Trinity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership is transparent and willing to listen. Every opportunity is given to allow employees to voice their concerns or opinions. Stellar training opportunities too, for both internal and external classes.

Cons

Unfortunately, middle management is not checked enough and some do not fall in line with the vision of senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Dive deeper into your middle management layer and figure out how to make sure they aren't just telling you what you want to hear.

2. "FNP"

Current Employee - FNP in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - FNP in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Trinity Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The staff and the patients

Cons

The pay and the constant megers. The company is too big

3. "Learning experience"

I worked at Trinity Health full-time

Pros

Good Vacation and PTO time
    Culture is a main focus

Cons

Communication can be lacking at times

4. "Review"

I have been working at Trinity Health part-time

Pros

I like the location and flexibility of my job. Compared to another hospital in the area the parking is great! I love my co-workers, the hiring manager does an excellent job! We have great teamwork.

Cons

I wish our health/dental insurance was better, less expensive, and covered more things (vasectomy). I think we truly should be paid more for the job we do.

5. "Crooked"

Former Employee - IS Service Desk in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - IS Service Desk in Livonia, MI

I worked at Trinity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free cupcakes every two months.

Cons

The Trinity Service Desk is a fraud. The management there will conduct illegal activities such as use your own personal social media information to use it against you if one of the seniors or upper management do not like you. They are discriminatory and will not hire Spanish people if they find out you are of Latin descent. They will not let you advance if they do not like you even if you have the skills. If you make a complaint HR will fire you and make you claim workers compensation. The work environment is making people sick and if you even mention it you are gone. They have people there who they sit you next to to dig into your personal life by asking questions in a slick manor and indirectly. There are no free lunches the person above who said that is a lie. They charge you a donation fee for tea and coffee. Nothing is free. You might get a free cupcake once in a while and that's it. You also might get lucky enough to get the left overs from different departments such as identity access. You will be harassed if they do not like you and they will overwork you for you to quit if they don't want you to get mad and know the truth behind their meanings. If you don't believe me take the job and see for yourself. They micro manage you, but the Managers only send the Seniors to do it and then Management plays the good cop role. Be careful too, because Management will send Seniors to push your buttons if they don't like you, so you threaten them and get fired.

Advice to Management

Stop breaking laws and committed misdemeanor crimes. You will be caught and your time is coming. Also stop firing your employees for making complaints and tricking them into filing a workers comp claim after they made a complaint for you to fire them.

6. "Project Manager"

I worked at Trinity Health full-time

Pros

there are no pros for working here

Cons

this place is a disastrous mess. chain of command is unclear, vision of the organization is unclear, purpose and the value of employees is always minimized and trampled on.

Advice to Management

all hope lost.

7. "RN"

I have been working at Trinity Health full-time

Pros

Great workers, great hours, flexible

Cons

Upper management, no employee appreciation.

8. "Talent Acquisition"

I have been working at Trinity Health full-time

Pros

Good place to work, friendly people,

Cons

haven't had any issues

"RN"

I have been working at Trinity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great people. We do the best we can for the patients with what we are given to work with.

Cons

Upper management is terrible, they are always in meetings and get nothing accomplished. Many Many suggestions are made from staff and they are not ever addressed. They only purchase cheap software and to chart on one patient you may have to log out and sign into 4 or 5 different reporting platforms. Nothing interfaces !

Advice to Management

Cut down on meetings and actually spend time with staff to see how your decisions affect and hinder daily flow and function of the staff

"PCT & RN at Saint Joseph mercy hospital Ann Arbor"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Trinity Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    8 and 12 hour shifts available
    Pay is decent
    Parking
    Good diversity.
    Don't force you to cover up tattoos and piercings.

Cons

Recruiters-Not helpful finding jobs on different units and can actually prevent you from seeking out better positions because they control what managers will see your resume. I talked with an ER manager and he said he would have to talk to the recruiter to see if he could interview me -_-

Unit managers- Some are great! Love 1 East manager. 4 North and and the Ace unit? No. She can't handle her job position and is very rude.

Money based. Do not really care about their patients.

Advice to Management

The recruiters have too much control. They should be there to help, not be the only deciding factor in which unit hiring managers see your info.

Unit managers need better training.

My two years of working there, due to budgets, Nurses had to take on more patients and PCTs per shift were cut. There should be more than to techs on a night shift for a while unit! (Please consider checking in 4 north)