Tuesday Morning Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Steven Becker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management makes changes an then blame store manager when there are negative results (in 43 reviews)

• They keep employees at part time so they don (in 38 reviews)

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Deland, FL

Pros

Hiring and training a great team and wonderful customers. Closed major holidays,so get to spend day with family which is uncommon for retail.

Cons

Pay is very low for responsibility of running a business. New Managers get the same benefits as veteran managers: same vacation, same days off, same bonuses-
    they need to give the loyal, hard working tenured managers an extra week vacation every 5 years, etc. I retired after 14 years and not so much as a thank-You or good luck note.

Advice to Management

Make it worthwhile to stay for the long haul.

2. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Nags Head, NC
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Nags Head, NC

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working people person, fast learner, positive attitude, and fast learner.

Cons

Not really any accept for when a product is really liked and we carry it for a long time then we don't get it anymore.

Advice to Management

The former comment would be all.

3. "Great retailer and never dull"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

New and different merchandise arrives every week. Fun and exciting to see seasonal changes. Customers are great and happy to be getting such good prices on name brand items. Job duties are different on a daily basis so there is never a dull moment.

Cons

Part-time status with not enough hours

Advice to Management

Reward loyal employees with more hours

4. "Tuesday Morning: The Placeholder Of Placeholder Retail Jobs"

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with there are nice. I've never worked with a co-worker at a Tuesday Morning that I had a problem with. Staff seems to have synergy. Good entry level cashier work. Stores work together to help each other when needed as well.

Cons

Corporate doesn't seem to really know what it's doing anymore, and it shows even to the lower level employees. No full-time positions available for anyone but the General Manager, all other employees are part-time. Pay rate is just barely above minimum wage, and hours vary depending on location. Not really much room for advancement. You've got your employees, the assistant manager, the general manager, and that's it unless you want to look into positions above general management for Tuesday Morning.

Advice to Management

The company needs more definition and more control over itself. Much of Tuesday Morning's business logistics seems to be outdated, making it difficult for the company to keep up with competitors.

5. "Enjoyment truly depends on team."

Current Employee - Keyholder in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My location, because it’s relatively new, is a wonderful looking facility. Plenty of room, which of course makes our customers happy. We’ve largely created a family of each other, and the customers are usually pretty friendly and receptive to us being ourselves as opposed to being robotlike. The hours are wonderful (our location is 10-8 M-F, 11-6 M-F)

Cons

Corporate has minimal understanding of the stores, for instance, we have to push for customer email signups for our program called “Perks”, but such a program doesn’t really entail much aside from increasing your return period to 60 days (which honestly, can be done with or without Perks if the customer is angry enough), and sends them our flyer (points would be a lot better). They’re now expecting us to have 300/400 (and sometimes upwards of 800) boxes done in four hours, as opposed to the 48 allocated before — this further decreases moral. Usually there are only two employees in the store, but corporate is expecting recovery to be completely done. Our POS system isn’t mean to be a POS, but for some reason, corporate refuses to update it. They insist on us filing out a “Daily Communicator” entirely with random task for enployees to do. Sometimes there isn’t that much to do in a day, yet, we have to make up tasks. Ridiculous. The pay, at least for a key holder, is competitive (a pro) but the hours we can have is low. No benefits, not even stock options. No real opportunity for advancement beyond the stores.

Advice to Management

Visit our stores, not to look for reasons to fire us, but visit to actually see what you’re expecting of us, and we can also tell you what we’re expecting of you. This is a two way street.

6. "Limited hours, changing schedules"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in North Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in North Kansas City, MO

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time

Pros

Fun environment to work in. Opportunities to learn merchandising.

Cons

Changing schedules, not given many hours to work. Managers seem stressed out all the time and not too flexible to work with my schedule needs. Low hourly pay with no perks.

Advice to Management

Provide more positive feedback to employees.

7. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great discounts, cool merchandise and flexible hours

Cons

Poor management, care about sales than store appearance, reduced hours, too much to do not enough hours, management punishes disabled people with writeup, doesn't know how to handle mentally challenged individuals, raises small or nonexistent, you get paid minimal wage, and it matches a person that has been there over 7 years, equality poor, sexual discrimination high, they hire more women then men

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like customers, the better, the employees the better the sales, add more hours, make the store more appealing to customers with displays and setups, customers buy stuff in less than a day with things set up like a display, have manager sales on stuff not selling, such as pillows, hangers, and bath brass. Some stores these sell good and others not, the stores it doesn't sell, it sits in.the back room. Listen to the stores, what works and what doesn't. Get ride of extra paper work, like with rugs, it takes longer to setup with paper work, than with out, cutting extra time out, have better ways to unload trucks, driver takes to long, 3 hrs, used unload a truck in under 1.5 hours, better way to lay out merchandise

8. "Stay Away from this company"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No training. They just put you behind the register.

Cons

Very high turnover. Never the same people. Constantly training. They focus on all the wrong priorities. It does not mater what the end caps have on them if you have no customers to buy things. Very negative atmosphere. They hire managers that are inexperienced, petty and too young for the job.

Advice to Management

Focus on sales, not What the speed zones have on them. Sales, that is the important thing or you won’t have a store to have speed zones in.

9. "Love the job, not enough hours"

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time

Pros

Customers, pay, discount. Works with your schedule

Cons

Not enough hours, no heath coverage.

10. "Associate"

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount on merchandise first pic

Cons

No raises, poor management, district manager is very rude and a bully, want you to work work work with no rewards .

Advice to Management

Get proper training to all management And above