Tuesday Morning Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Steven Becker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can only work part time as a sales associate" (in 46 reviews)

• "Half assed everything including upper management" (in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, great customer service skills,

Cons

There is no cons to working here

Advice to Management

Keep up great job!!!

2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Hammond, LA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Hammond, LA

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great manager, wonderful customers, delightful products, and great hours

Cons

Standing all the time, needs quality process.

Advice to Management

Train assistant managers on employee tolerance.

3. "Easy part-time work."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stock in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stock in Austin, TX

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy and laid-back work environment. Even the customers are chilled out. Employee discount on stuff you might actually want or use. Never had to work past 7PM in my district.

Cons

Low pay and few hours. No one below the store manager level can actually make a living out of the Tuesday Morning. This is a good second job, weekend job or job for college students.

Advice to Management

Most stores would benefit from a second full-time keyholder.

"Senior key holder (7 years)"

Former Employee - Senior Key Holder
    Former Employee - Senior Key Holder

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-extremely accommodating with my busy schedule of school and other jobs
    -I was able to become great at customer service
    -I trained all the new hires
    -$100 for Christmas food for our store
    -gained shift manager experience
    -learned to deal with awful, mean customers politely
    -most customers were super nice

Cons

-the shift times were sporadic. Some weeks it would be 10-3pm for 2 days and 2-730pm other days then the next week it would be all mixed up again.
    -hours were consistently scheduled if you proved to be reliable and easy to work with (by consistent I mean 20-30hrs not time consistent; they schedule when you’re available and it is sporadic)
    -being a manager you often went to take your break and would be called up during to assist the associate with various things (I stopped clocking out for breaks because it wasn’t actually a break if they needed me)
    -We were completely overworked and it was actually hard to watch.
    -truck is expected to be out the same day it’s delivered (could be anywhere from 100-500 boxes stacked dangerously) the boxes were often overpacked in “packed to light” which was a joke because some were so heavy you could barely move them. Other boxes had one thing. Every truck had things like oil and jelly in glass containers and they just shrink wrapped them all together and slapped a barcode on. Then they would just shove them in between other boxes and hope for the best I guess.
    -the truck process is by far the worst. We had an old, heavy, rusty roller and we had to hoist it up to the truck and it took three ppl. Then we had to turn it to fit in the stock room and line up all the carts basically closing us in except for one pathway. We had one person scanning and cutting open boxes as fast as possible, two ppl putting stuff in buggies by catergory and one person running all the stuff out. Usually the runner is also a category sorter so when they had to run it became a slower process. There was one person on the truck from the store offloading pallets.
    -the most dangerous part is being expected to slice open boxes on a conveyor while they are moving
    -also the “packed to lights” become a total joke because you can’t open them yet because they are full of randomness. They don’t care to sort it before they send it so basically after everything is out you still end up with 50-70 giant boxes of randomness
    -you never can finish this in one day it usually take 2-4 depending on how bad they packed the boxes at the warehouse
    -green card were the boxes they throw a green sticker on and you keep those for the once a month ad sales. The problem was the boxes were always incorrectly labeled or the items didn’t have green on the tickets and usually the ad wasn’t online for us so we had to beat guess if an item was or wasn’t for an ad so we wouldn’t accidentally sell out
    -sections were overpacked and messy because we were trying to get the stuff out in one day so we didn’t get a nasty response from our district manager. He was never nice to us and really never gave us a “good job” even those my boss tried so hard
    -some of management was toxic to our growth. Always telling us how to improve. Always posting all the stores in our districts numbers everyday in email and gave stores 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for sales. Clearly only cared about the numbers and never rewarded us for anything else EVER.
    -the emails were out of control. Any day we would have anywhere from 5-20 new emails from various ppl in corporate. They would all expect a quick response.
    -paperwork finally is starting to go on to the google drive which is fine but the ppl who are in charge of this don’t understand and interactive pdf so basically they give us a form in the drive and want us to print it, fill it out, and scan it back in and add it back to the drive. This is hard for most of the older managers so I ended up secretly walking over managers through it and became the help desk.
    -we had a help desk but we were encouraged not to call and shamed when we did. Usually other managers would call me or another manager for help with a situation out of fear.
    -the help desk ppl were usually short with us and acted like we should just know how to fix things that clearly weren’t for us to fix. (Such as rebooting the phones)
    -the product search is updated every 24hrs instead of immediately
    -customers were pretty mean sometimes (I had one yell at me over returning something that was past date. I just did it anyway)( I had another flat out ask me if I was gay and why)
    -I had associates that would straight up bully others and never get written up. They would just get talked to and nothing ever happened.
    -no budget for supplies at times it made it hard when we needed something and couldn’t buy it cause we had no budget

Advice to Management

-keep the schedule as consistent as possible so ppl can plan their lives and be involved with their families every week
    -make sure at least two managers are present in the store for at least 30 mins a day so everyone can take a break and actually break.
    -Guaranteed every store manager is busting their butt. Don’t post dollar amounts we made to humiliate other managers. It’s not encouraging at all.
    -pack the trucks better (create a better standard for safety)
    -no more “packed to lights” if you all expect us to unload in a day these have got to go.
    -do not have us slice open boxes and unpack on a moving conveyor (theres gotta be a better, safer way)(maybe just unload boxes and unpack safely once they are not moving??)
    -get green card labeling done correctly (do this by creating the ad sooner and knowing what items and boxes need to be marked)
    -product search should be updated immediately
    -in messy stores put one extra person on at all times to help keep it clean
    -train dms to be less worried about money and more about the experience the store manager is having. The store managers have a firm grasp on what’s actually happening.
    Slim down the emails to like 2-3 instead of 5-20
    -update all forms on the drive to be interactive and not ones we have to print
    -encourage us to call the help desk and let us know it is okay to need help
    -if someone is a problem with other workers they should just be written up, enough with the fluff.
    -TALK TO THE STORE MANAGERS AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY NEED. Get a form going on the drive that let’s store managers say what they need. This will improve everything from a store level up. The money will be there if the encouragement, listening skills and positivity are there. Ppl leave jobs because of bad bosses. So try to be great bosses that listen to what stores say.

5. "Great Concept - Lacking Corporate"

Former Employee - Senior Store Associate in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Store Associate in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customer base is the best. Usually the nicest sort that are understanding and consistent. The products the company brings in are unique and interesting. My first store manager was amazing whereas my next one was lacking, to say the least. It's a hit or miss.

Cons

Managers expecting fulltime flexibility for a part time job, with keyholders getting paid less than competitor's keyholders. Corporate keep sending too much inventory when store clearly, and hardly has the space for it, then simultaneously complains about high clearance amounts.

Advice to Management

Perhaps you need to space out inventory and send it hased off need and not just a bunch of everything. If a store needs toys send toys, if a store has too much furniture, maybe not send furniture.

6. "Sales associate"

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time

Pros

great team to work with

Cons

cared way to much about signing people up for their email

"Key holder"

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time

Pros

20 percent discount
    Interacting with customers

Cons

Awful training
    Bad management
    No actual benefits
    High work load for pay and amount of time in a shift

Advice to Management

Leave your personal life at home. It's no one's fault that you don't get many off days. If you treat your staff like crap amd run them off, expect to have to pick up the slack

8. "Assistant Manager"

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, cool inventory to work with

Cons

No upper chair of command to communicate with. Sexual harassment went unaddressed.

"Assistant Manager"

I worked at Tuesday Morning full-time

Pros

The atmosphere of the store was good, most employees got along very well

Cons

The pay is terrible, home office directives were awful, and the technology at the cash register is outdated.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth and you'll see a return of the investment in what they put into the store.

"Good store hours but lost of responsibility"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stores close early compared to most corporations

Cons

An associate has many jobs to do like stock room, clean bathrooms, cashier, clean up and inventory

Advice to Management

Either raise pay or allow stores to hire more people to then have about 5 people in the store at all times. 2 people closing every night is not enough.