ViaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
ViaQuest President & CEO Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are no pros for working for this company in this position (in 3 reviews)

• ViaQuest puts a lot of effort into creating a fun company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons

"Great Company! Work-life balance off."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is awesome, great mission, vision, values and culture

Cons

No work life balance for management, poor recognition and compensation.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better. Offer compensation (even just extra PTO hours) for Salary employees who work overtime (that is time they aren't getting paid for and not spending with family and our loved ones).

Jul 31, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. We devote a lot of time and energy to our culture, mission, vision and values and I appreciate the positive feedback on those important... More

"Needs a lot of work"

Current Employee - Operations Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of drinking at corporate events, luckily the CEO spends his money on booze. The pay isn't terrible. I love the clients!

Cons

Turnover in management all the time. Great managers leaving and it doesn't even seem like VQ wants them to stay. Policies are not enforced and clients suffer from the profit driven mindset. Having VQ on your resume is bad when you're looking for new employment. Myself and a few others can't get out but we are trying. Fake it til you make It!

Advice to Management

Actually live out your vision, mission, and values. Don't hide behind them while completely doing something else.

Sep 17, 2017 – President / CEO

in 2017 we have put on one company event in the first quarter of the year that was an all day training that went into the early evening. We served appetizers and yes, alcohol. It lasted less than two... More

3. "buyer beware , Do your homework"

Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none not one that I can think of

Cons

You will have more miles on your car than a cross country truck driver . The insurance and pto are pathetic , When someone gives 100% to patients and isnt even given a penny raise for years of service it says alot !!

Advice to Management

. Lets talk about your story giving raises and promotions, lets talk because I have the paycheck to prove it as do many others

"Can't wait until this business closes for good."

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There is not one good thing to say about this company. Nepotism is alive and well is all that can be said. Management is a joke.

Cons

Family owned company. Love to fire people. No raises. No promotions. Do not care about anyone. Not professional. Management is a JOKE.

Advice to Management

Close the place down. Worst place I've ever worked. All need to get a job in the real work force and learn how to treat people like you would like to be treated and not hide behind family. Total joke as a business.

Sep 4, 2017 – President / CEO

It is true we are a family owned business and are very lucky to have people who have grown up loving the people we serve, the people who provide our services, and the mission of ViaQuest. They have... More

"Great Company, poor compensation"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is great. Company has great values

Cons

There are no annual raises. Recognition is hard to come by

Advice to Management

Annual raises would be nice. Right now there is nothing keeping employees employed beside it being a job itself.

Jul 24, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you for your feedback, it is always very much appreciated. I understand the frustration of not having annual raises, it is equally frustrating to me. Our reality is that we operate in an... More

6. "Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and mileage reimbursement. Pay used to be tied to productivity numbers and so it wasn't consistent but that was changed in 2017 and we now get a flat base rate and the opportunity for a bonus each month if we hit our productivity goal. Flexible work schedule. Great team and leaders.

Cons

We don't see the CEO very often in our psych clinic because we are more segregated than the rest of the office staff. Can be lots of driving depending on where clients live.

Advice to Management

Be more visible in our psych clinic so that we know who other leaders/management in the company are.

7. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great owner who strives for excellence, he likes to be involved and know what is going on within the company. Love the RCC meetings that we have quarterly, The owner is always open and honest about what is goi g on with the company. Great Vacation accrual.

Cons

Not good about giving raises, no good communication on the branch levels on what is going on with the branch and how we can work together to overcome our obstacles and become a team

Advice to Management

More open communication

8. "Top heavy residential services"

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Help people in the community that don't normally get help. Make connections with staff and individuals served who care for others.

Cons

Dangerous work environment that leads to systemic problems such as professionalism, work safety, administration, and services provided.

Mangers are treated as scape goats to situations. You are suppose to have about 10-13 cases to manage but are overloaded with 20-40 cases.

Advice to Management

Don't work for them as a manager. You will be set up for failure because the people above you do not do enough to fix the whole problem with how the company operates.

Jul 18, 2017 – President / CEO

ViaQuest serves individuals with significant behavioral issues which presents challenges to our direct care employees. We provide extensive training to our employees on how to provide services to... More

9. "NIce"

Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It can be fun and the health care package is good. They give paid training that is in formative and helpful in the felid.

Cons

Low hourly pay when starting out. Sometimes long hours.

Advice to Management

Chances are good if you work hard. Lots of room to move up quickly if you are motivated.

"ViaQuest: Looks can be deceiving"

I worked at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

The people. ViaQuest seems to get lucky in hiring effective people who really care about their clients, coworkers, programs and work.

Cons

The only company I know that lists "profit" as part of its vision. This is especially egregious considering ViaQuest bills the government to provide services for mental health and developmentally disabled individuals. Their products are questionable and usually ill-conceived - they'll pitch anything they think will make money regardless of reality, timelines or being able to deliver. Their processes are draconian and byzantine - some policies and practices remain unchanged from before the company's inception in 2006 despite a vastly changed industry. The upper echelon of management remains securely removed from the rest of the company business lines. The owner is fanatical about company culture and sees it as a silver bullet to cure all ills, to the detriment of actually operating the business. Although the CEO preaches leadership, ownership and responsibility, the actual culture promotes political brinkmanship, pass through responsibility, and shameless self aggrandizing.

Advice to Management

Capable people continue to be hired or brought in from other areas to help save or turn around struggling business lines, then their hands are tied and change does not occur. Business lines continue to flounder and shed customers. The people who were specifically sought out either leave or are fired. *Everyone sees this* and they are frightened that they will not have a job much longer. Fix that.