Vision Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
John L Shetrone Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Ok, not what is promised."

Current Employee - Integration Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Integration Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Vision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people overall, good coworkers and leaders.
    Flexible schedules (this might be bad for some)
    Leadership always has an open ear for comments.

Cons

Monotonous work.
    Small to no benefits.
    Not many places for advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay more to get higher quality people.

2. "Worst company ever!"

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Vision Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could give you something but unfortunately I can't.

Cons

Management is terrible at this company. They are willing g to throw you under a bus if those customers even perceive any slight in order to preserve their contracts with their customers. Plus after I left, they lied to their employees regarding how many positions they would have with working with their customer contract, that instead of 10 promised positions, it was downgraded to 4 that were actually there. Management constantly lies to their employees with promises that it will be better when in fact it's a pipe dream. I highly advise not doing business with company or seeking employment with them.
    Finally, they also messed up my tax forms, putting all my work under Maryland, which they are based out of instead of Illinois, which cost me an extra 300 dollars to have me file tax forms with my tax accountant. Terrible company.

Advice to Management

Just told it up. Your company is terrible.

3. "Integration technician"

I have been working at Vision Technologies full-time

Pros

Great company and people to work for, always willing to allow someone to step up and accept a bigger role.

Cons

Often a lack of communication and direction as far as day to day affairs are concerned, so that forces people to be independent or fall by the wayside

"An owners response"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Vision Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To be transparent, I am one of the owners of Vision Technologies. Having read every review posted here, I have to admit to being disappointed that a few people failed to see the value of what the company has to offer, and have chosen this anonymous forum as a tool to vent. One aspect of our Culture is our Open Door policy, enabling any teammate the opportunity to discuss issues or concerns with any manager at any level. It’s unfortunate that some chose not take advantage of that opportunity.

We’re an ownership team that has grown the company by reinvesting our profits to provide jobs, growth, careers, training and tools for the over 450 people that choose to work here. We care about our people, and the families that they support.

I’d also like to comment on the criticism of our growth strategies and operations. I think that the results speak for themselves. We’ve grown year over year, created a company with five distinct and interdependent business units, and demonstrated to the market that our solutions and services add value. It’s disappointing to see a few folks criticize what is clearly a working, thriving and successful strategic plan. Not many companies grow to over $100 Million, and that doesn’t happen without a great plan, great people and a team environment.

Regarding the reference to nepotism. It is true - out of the 450 or so teammates, 5 are related to the owners. Two of those five were founding members of the company and have helped grow it over these last 17 years. One was honored twice last year for service to his fellow teammates, Above & Beyond. The Above & Beyond awards are nominations from peers, and voted on by peers.. So while we do have family members on staff here, we also have many other employees who have encouraged their own family members to work at Vision as well. We have a significant number of employee family members and friends. And that says to me that not only is Vision a great place to work, but it’s a place where people feel comfortable enough to recommend us to their family and friends!

I also would like to address another common theme I see in these reviews: Vacation Policy. Every new employee receives a minimum of 21 paid days off in their first year with Vision. This equates to a full month of paid time off in year one. Those that continue to support Vision’s mission receive additional paid time off based on their years of service. Most Vision team members feel this policy to be both fair and equitable.

Cons

We’re not perfect . But we recognize that how you handle adversity is the clear mark of champions. So we work on improving every day, and we work on improving our teammates through training, education, tuition reimbursement and we work on improving our solution set, keeping it current and viable in the marketplace. Sometimes, growing pains can be felt and when they do, we work to resolve those issues, but there’s no magic wand. It takes hard work, working smart and working together to solve these. I’m proud to say that we succeed far more often than we fail, and our growth is living testimony to that.

Advice to Management

Always remember that customer-focused, growth oriented companies aren’t for everyone. The entire management team appreciates every teammate and their commitment to the company, to each other and to growing their career. While a few clearly couldn’t find the same level of satisfaction and growth, for over 450 teammates, Vision is a great place to be every day!

"Management needs some training"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Forest Glen, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Forest Glen, MD

I worked at Vision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people on site.
    Close to home
    Good tech to work with

Cons

Throw you under the bus quick as hell.
    They are poorly managed
    Hire incompetent people, then argue that you can't do your job.
    Low pay.

"a dinosour in a digital age"

I have been working at Vision Technologies full-time

Pros

Good people, Managers are actually forward thinking and positive

Cons

not a real integrator unless it is out of a box, CEO bottlenecks growth and is a mega micro manager

Advice to Management

If you dont trust your staff dont hire them otherwise step aside and let good people do good things

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Vision Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial Stability
    Name Recognition
    Veteran Owned Small Business

Cons

Outdated/Non-Competitive Compensation Structure
    Understaffed Operations Department
    Lack of Mid-Management Leadership
    Nepotism
    Lack of On-Boarding/Mentoring
    Depressing Office Atmosphere/Environment

This was just an awful fit in so many ways. There is a huge disconnect between the "Culture" preached by management and the true employee/customer experience. The company is truly a tale of two companies under one roof. The more tenured employees, or those with some connection to management, receive a level of benefits and support that does not exist for newer employees. Trying to navigate office politics and bureaucracy is frustrating, demoralizing, and overwhelming. The support from mid-level management is lacking. In hindsight, I wish I had dug deeper before accepting the offer...

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.
    Update your compensation plan to be more competitive.
    Invest in the tools needed for your employees to succeed.
    Hold management responsible when they fail to deliver.
    Eliminate blatant nepotism and favoritism.
    Improve the Employee All-Around Employee Experience.

"Dedicated to Improvement"

I have been working at Vision Technologies full-time

Pros

Vision puts great emphasis on employees bettering themselves. They encourage employees to take care of their health, balance work and family life, further their education, and more. They have an open door policy and value transparency, so if there is a problem they want to hear about it. They set high expectations for all employees, but they are committed to helping everyone reach any and all goals. They provide a 100% customer satisfaction and they truly stand by it. It is a very fast-paced working environment, but it can also be exciting. The company stresses the importance of teamwork and have even included Culture Training Courses to supplement the technical skills of the employees.

Cons

The pay is not always comparable to market value, but the benefits make up for it. Sometimes the expectations that are set can seem a bit too high, but they push us to work harder and be more creative.

"Viision"

Current Employee - Call Center Analyst in Evergreen, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Analyst in Evergreen, CO

I have been working at Vision Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, I thoroughly enjoy everyone from management to my peers

Cons

Lackluster vacation/sick leave - Pay is low

Advice to Management

Improve your sick leave. It's inappropriate for your employees to choose between coming to work sick and infecting other or losing their vacation/sick time, which is incredibly low to begin with.

"Growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Vision Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential for upward mobility. Team environment and management believes in the "team environment" and they have an "open door" policy. They are approachable and willing to listen regardless of what level you are. Nice environment to work in.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons. You have to work hard but the rewards of working in a growing company that is ahead of their competitors is definitely worth the work.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the innovative approach and continued success.