Cover image for WorldRemit

29% Recommend to a Friend
92% Approve of CEO

Found 365 of over 391 reviews

2.5
WorldRemit CEO Mark Lenhard (no image)
Mark Lenhard

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

7d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I've only met smart and truly nice people in WorldRemit in my six months here(in 44 reviews)
  • "motivated colleagues(in 15 reviews)
  • "The office is nice and modern and well located in Victoria(in 14 reviews)
  • "good salary(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

i

Sep 15, 2020 - CSE in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

very nice place to work

Cons

but its closed due to covid

Talent Acquisition Operations Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you enjoyed working for us.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Team

Oct 3, 2022 - Customer Service Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team Schedule Leadership Benefits Fun

Cons

Miscommunication Startup Lack of documentation

3. Join the WorldRemit team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Customer Service Executive

Sep 9, 2022 - Customer Service Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity is the best thing and young people trying to work hard to provide high quality service.

Cons

Pay needs to be increased and they discriminate US people take advantage system regarding maternity leave. In the UK they forced to provide better maternity leave. They should provide 4 week PTO at least.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible Work Environment

Oct 7, 2022 - Customer Service Executive in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fellow Employees were a delight to work with. Enjoyed my time with them. I enjoyed working with my managers.

Cons

CEO made promises to his employees that he didn't keep and never tried to make amends for the mistakes that he made. Several lawsuits have been filed against this company. I would recommend that anyone works here. Supervisors were forced to make changes frequently because of the lack of leadership coming from the top.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive Team

Jun 27, 2022 - AML Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management does not micro manage Excellent training system

Cons

Small Team Contract date is over

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Take this company out of its misery

Jun 8, 2022 - Former Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, was a potential unicorn but it’s trailblazing days are long gone

Cons

Current executive leadership is worst in class across the industry and should be summarily fired by the Board of Directors. They have destroyed the culture, values and talent of the company during their tenure. A company with a 1,000 plus employees with 3 CEOs all based in London is an organizational joke, competing amongst themselves on who can be more arrogant, petty, and narcissistic. None of them has industry knowledge nor any interest in learning. They are an abject lesson in failing forward. These strange creatures of the start up world that manage to convince others that their lack of knowledge, skill, and talent is somehow the right recipe for being put at the helm of a company Voluntary attrition is the highest ever as the leadership doesn’t tolerate when truth is spoken to them. Packages are not competitive, salaries and benefits lag behind every other company in the industry and beyond lip service there’s no true appreciation of talent. This company is slowly circling the drain to its demise

11 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run, don’t walk

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve had the pleasure of working with some absolutely incredible humans. The checks are still clearing

Cons

To start, whoever is reading the positive reviews, make sure you’re looking at the date. Any positive reviews this year (2022) are either fake, coerced or from executive staff themselves. As many other reviews have stated, the culture is toxic. Questionable if not immoral decisions are made from the top that are forced to be carried out by more junior staff. Strictly from a US perspective, London treats us like the ugly stepchild - ignoring qualified professionals with decades of experience, sending redundancy emails on the same day as an employees funeral, laying off a pregnant woman, keeping staff at a bare minimum to save money while piling on more work on the few people left, using scapegoats for executive mistakes, no merit increases or raises, “all hands” meetings at 3am or on holidays, the list goes on. Oh, also don’t expect any quality technology or resources. There are barely any resources to do our jobs effectively and efficiently. And despite having an empty office full of amazing office supplies, we were handed a barely functioning laptop and one monitor then sent on our way. At least we got some cool WorldRemit swag. Oh wait that’s outdated too with old logos. People are leaving left and right (for good reason) and the few good people left are either about to make their exit or starting to look elsewhere. It’s not a question of if this company will fail, but when. Do yourself a favor, find a job at literally any other company. Shoot, be homeless before working at this sad excuse for a business. It’s not like there will be anyone left to train you anyway.

12 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great culture

Apr 6, 2022 - Operations in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers and work environment

Cons

Okay pay, not a lot of mobity

WorldRemit Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we’re happy to hear you’re enjoying your time with us! We’d love to hear more about your comment around mobility, so please email us at glassdoorfeedback@worldremit.com, we’d love to make your time at WorldRemit 5 stars.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Corporate Culture is Toxic

May 3, 2022 - Senior Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive to say about the company.

Cons

The corporate culture is toxic starting from the top!

9 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0

This place has no North

Apr 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning to work with multiple cultures

Cons

The leadership team changed their minds more than I can count, so your priorities will shift all the time, budgets get cut or your prospect projects will be suspended and you will look like a fool in front of external partners. There’s a lot of learning involved in this business and lots of red tape and bureaucracy, what once had a start up ambiance has became a place where nothing moves because of the red tape. Massive layoffs to make the company more profitable, when they should get rid of so many people in upper management. Why do they need 3 CEOs? As other reviews mention, this place is toxic, and people don’t last more than a year, yet, those who are loyal aren’t rewarded. Promotions are hard to come by, and the remuneration is under market benchmarks.

7 people found this review helpful

WorldRemit Response

Thank you for your review. We’re saddened to hear that you didn’t enjoy all aspects of working at WorldRemit. Due to the nature of our business, and our mission, the customer is always at the centre of our decision making, and sometimes this means we have to focus our efforts on more sustainable business activities and move quickly. We’re sorry your time with us didn’t work out, and we wish you all the best.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 365 Reviews
</>Embed

WorldRemit Reviews FAQs

WorldRemit has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 391 reviews left anonymously by employees. 29% of employees would recommend working at WorldRemit to a friend and 24% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -27% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WorldRemit employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WorldRemit. This rating has decreased by -25% over the last 12 months.

29% of WorldRemit employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WorldRemit 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.3 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WorldRemit to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with WorldRemit Job Seekers